• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Historically Inaccurate Mafia (Mafia Win)

Re: Historically Inaccurate Mafia (Game in progress)

Well, because you're the one being voted, I can guess why you want to ignore it.

But what's with everyone else? o_o

(I still think voting inactive players is a terrible way to play, so.)

I'll extend the day phase for another 24 hours so you can all decide.

both zero moment and flora seem mildly suspicious to me, yet plausible innocents. Someone else say something before I decide who to vote for.

One vote for Zero Moment and one vote for Flora.

Just as a reminder, both abstains have already been used.

The guests had decided it was high time to start lynching. It took a while, but finally they had narrowed their suspicions down to one person. One of the guests decided that he would take justice into his own hands, and took aim at the accused with his .45 Caliber Valentine.

"You're all getting coal in your stockings this year..." the accused man proclaimed.

After the executioner had emptied a few rounds into his target, the executionee disappeared in a puff of red smoke. A jolly laugh could be heard echoing throughout the room.

Zero Moment is dead. He was Innocent. 48 hours for night actions.

By the time the sun rose, everyone was already awake. They weren't particularly surprised to find another dead body that morning, because, since they had checked in, each day had unfailingly produced a cadaver or two. It was becoming a very grim routine.

This time, it was the guest in Room 104. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle had been found in a puddle of blood. As per usual, the guests searched through the dead man's belongings, in search of any useful clues. All they found in Sir Doyle's suitcase was a bunch of unfinished novels and a mysterious crystal ball.

Wargle is dead. She was Innocent. 48 hours for discussion.

Okay, my bad... Zero Moment was innocent. But then I really don't get why Phantom would point out him, then.

We only have 5 people left. Do you think there are 2 mafia or 1 mafia? Because if there are 2 we have to vote. If there's only one, though, well, we still have to vote because we've used up our abstains. But it'd be okay if we misvote.

Still no leads, ugh. WHY YOU NO MORE LEADS ROLE VM

Clearly someone either roleblocked me or healed Flora, because I targetted her and it apparently didn't go through.

There are only six of us left, though. I ought to be really careful.

^indeed.
Who do we kill. We still have the two lurkers about here and the 4 other people, one of whom has claimed Vig. I'm leaning on lynching Flora but what do you guys think?

6 people, not 5. Miscounted.

If that's the case, then there's likely a mafia healer or mafia roleblocker, which is not good. Or maybe innocent healer who just decided that Flora isn't mafia.

Abstaining would be good, but we aren't allowed abstentions anymore. And since we probably aren't going to stop Birdy from being blocked/Flora from being healed, Flora.

Okay, my bad... Zero Moment was innocent. But then I really don't get why Phantom would point out him, then.

We only have 5 people left. Do you think there are 2 mafia or 1 mafia? Because if there are 2 we have to vote. If there's only one, though, well, we still have to vote because we've used up our abstains. But it'd be okay if we misvote.

Still no leads, ugh. WHY YOU NO MORE LEADS ROLE VM

There's two. My role allows me to ask VM about the game barring specific players' roles, and he told me there are three mafia players in total. One of them's dead, so two.

Also, Flora.

Everyone gathered around Harry Houdini, and tied his arms and legs together with sheets stripped from the guest beds. This took several tries, of course, because Houdini kept escaping from these makeshift sheetcuffs. Eventually, one of the guests grew tired of playing his little escaping game, and shot him in the head. Unfortunately for Houdini, he had not yet mastered the act of escaping death.

Flora is dead. She was Innocent. 48 hours for night actions.

The next morning, former US president Richard Nixon was found dead in his suite. Next to his body, the guests found a fat tree. Albert Einstein was called in to assess the situation, and could only conclude that the clue had nothing to do with the murder. In fact, he concluded that the mafia had been leaving red herrings all along. The scientist was quick to point the finger.
"You vere ze killer zis whole time!" Einstein exclaimed to one of the other guests. "It vas you... Mr. Alphonse!"
"I told ya, call me Al." the other guest replied, pulling out his Valentine. "Al Capone. Allow me to introduce you to my associate, Mr. Kroeger."
Another man took a step forward. This one had long blonde hair, and a look as if he wanted to be a big rockstar. "I'm afraid todaaaaay is your last daaaaaaay." he announced.
"I think I finally understand why some of the victims' ears were found bleeding." Theodore Roosevelt remarked.

Al Capone and Chad Kroeger then proceeded to massacre the other guests. Capone converted the hotel into a Prohibiton-era speakeasy, still unaware that the 21st Amendment made such a place a legitimate establishment. Together, the two mafia maintained a successful partnership and committed many organized crimes against the music industry.

THE MAFIA WINS. Congratulations to Pig-serpent and yiran.

Player: yiran
Role: Al Capone (Mafia)
Description: Organized crime ain’t easy… unless you’re Al Capone. There’s no need for a big-shot crime boss like you to get your hands dirty, so you let your allies Darth Hitler (DarkAura) and Chad Kroeger (Pig-serpent) carry out the kills first. In fact, to an inspector, you will appear as a legitimate businessman. To keep the Feds off your trail, you can put red herring clues on the victims. This can be done by PMing the moderator with the details of the false clues. They’d better think twice before dealing with a wise guy like you!

Player: Birdy
Role: Theodore “Teddy” Roosevelt (Innocent)
Description: You once said “Speak softly and carry a big stick.” The stick was not a metaphor. You can literally beat someone to death with it each night, if you so choose.

Player: Zexion
Role: Charles Darwin (Innocent)
Description: You can “evolve”, and take the role of whoever dies first. Naturally, you were selected for such a fine role.

Player: Wargle
Role: Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (Innocent)
Description: Okay, so you’re not a real detective. But you figure, hey, after writing so many detective stories, you would probably know something about the art of sleuthing. Each night, you can follow another player and find out if they are innocent or guilty.

Player: Flora
Role: Harry Houdini
Description: You are a master escape artist! People can’t help but be amazed by your daring stunts. But you’ve planned the greatest stunt of all… cheating death. If you are killed during the night, you can avoid dying and become “activated”. If you are lynched after you have become activated, you will perform your amazing stunt. Surely, the other players’ heads will explode from the sheer awesomeness!

Player: Zero Moment
Role: Santa Claus (Innocent)
Description: Ho ho hold on. What? Really? You are Santa Claus. You can deliver presents to all the good little boys and girls each night. Each night, you can choose to either:

a) Give a player a TOY GUN. Despite the name, the gun does in fact work, and does in fact kill people. The gun comes with 1 TOY BULLET.
b) Give a player TOY ARMOR. This will protect the player from the neighborhood bullies for the one night.
c) Check whether a player has been NAUGHTY or NICE.

Santa can only work his magic when all the little boys and girls are sleeping. If you are visited during the night, your actions will not take effect.

Player: Ash
Role: Marco Polo (Innocent)
Description: You were once a merchant whose amazing adventures you recorded in books for all to read. Unfortunately, now, you’re getting too old for the travelling stuff… and it seems wherever you go there are damn youngsters in swimming pools calling your name. Your new hobby is interviewing other players to find out something about their roles. You might even discover some important clue to finding the mafia. PM the moderator with a player’s name and you will get some details about them.

Player: OrngSumb
Role: Marie Curie (Innocent)
Description: It’s a little-known fact that you pioneered a special treatment of radiation therapy for treating sick patients. Each night, you may visit one player and make them immune to any night kills. There is a 10% chance that the radiation will kill that person. But you’d much rather look at it another way… There is a 90% the treatment won’t kill them! That is a much more optimistic way of looking at it.

Player: PenguinAndFriends
Role: Richard M. Nixon (Innocent)
Description: Being a former president, you certainly have a lot of political power. When you vote for a lynch, your vote counts as two votes. However, when inspected, you will show up as guilty. Perhaps you should have been a little more careful about that whole Watergate thingy.

Player: DarkAura
Role: Darth Hitler (Mafia)
Description: You are the Sith Lord of Nazi Germany. You control the mafia, and this hotel is your concentration camp. Each night, you can use the force to exterminate another player. The other players on the dark side, Chad Kroeger (Pig-serpent) and Al Capone (yiran), must obey you. Good luck.

Player: Aletheia
Role: Albert Einstein (Innocent)
Description: Twice during the game, you may perform an “experiment” to learn something about the game. PM the game master with a question and he will answer it for you. The question can be about anything, but you cannot ask about specific players’ roles or alignment. Your vast intellect will hopefully enable you to win this game.

Player: Pig-serpent
Role: Chad Kroeger (Mafia)
Description: You’d like to think you are historically significant. You’d even like to think that your band plays good music. Every night, when you sing to a player, they become unable to complete their night action. Your bandmates are Darth Hitler (DarkAura) and Al Capone (yiran). Your band is going on a world tour, and there are going to be no survivors. Good luck!
N0:
Zero Moment inspects yiran (Result: Innocent – see role)
Orngsumb heals Zexion. Result is a kill.
Wargle inspects Flora (Result: Innocent)
yiran leaves red herring “unused medical syringe”

D1:
No one is lynched

N1:
Pig-serpent kills OrngSumb
yiran leaves red herring “radioactive microscope”
Zero Moment inspects Phantom (Result: Innocent)
OrngSumb heals Phantom.
Aletheia asks “How many mafia players are there in total?” (Answer: Three)
Wargle inspects Zero Moment (Result: Innocent)
Pig-serpent blocks Ash
DarkAura is killed for inactivity

D2:
No one is lynched

N2:
Ash visits yiran.
Zero Moment inspects Birdy (Blocked)
Pig-serpent kills Ash
Pig-serpent blocks Zero Moment
yiran leaves red herring “Typical investigative magnifying glass”
Birdy kills Ash

D3:
Zero Moment is lynched

N3:
Birdy kills Flora (Blocked)
Pig-serpent kills Wargle
Pig-serpent blocks Birdy
yiran leaves red herring “Mysterious crystal ball”

D4:
Flora is lynched

N4:
Aletheia asks “Is there an alien?” (Answer: Not anymore)
Pig-serpent kills PenguinAndFriends
Pig-serpent blocks Birdy
yiran leaves red herring “A fat tree”

D5:
Mafia Win

Dammit. What's with the Phantom hate, huh? Geez, overkilled.

I was definitely surprised by some of the decisions made in this game. The mafia did a pretty good job of snuffing out the power roles early in game. It was rather amusing, though, how the vig and the mafia overlapped their kills twice in the game.

Flora would have undoubtedly won, had Pig-serpent not chosen to block Birdy. And this game would have actually lasted a day longer and possibly resulted in a town win, had the mafia not made the call to off the mayor.

Good game, and well done everyone!

AS SOON AS YOU ALL STARTED VOTING FOR ME I THOUGHT I WAS ACTIVATED AND I THOUGHT I WAS GONNA WIN :/

also chad kroeger as mafia omfg

Back
Top Bottom