• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Annual Tournament

Would You Participate In An Annual Tournament

• Yes

Votes: 18 69.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

Kabigon

Yes We Can!! Obama Wins!
I was just discussing with a friend a few days ago that even though there are alot of tournaments now in the age of competetive battling, there isn't one that you would actually train for. You know like in the Anime there was that one big great tournament every year and I think that someone should host one. They should have alot of sponsors and 252 trainers battling for the glory.

So I was just going to ask, would you participate if there were a tournament hosted by some great site?

(Possibly going to make one for Pokemon Battle Revolution)

I'd participate in a grand tournamen, provided that it was on a console I could use. (I only own Diamond :x)

I'd be willing to put an annual tournament up every year in the WiFi section of the forums, if you wanted. Either way, I'd participate. 8D

Lol, Competitor. I thought that was dead, XD.

As for the topic itself, I probably would want to, but couldn't because of some utterly stupid reason. Or the fact that I'm too lazy to breed until I get full IVs. Cause I got no problems with Natures and EVs... Heh.

I dunno :\ There does seem to be less mentioning of it nowadays, especially with ShoddyBattle (which indeed is shoddy it sucks ;;) and WiFi.

Honestly, I'd rather it were Wi-Fi anyway. Sure, it's more work, and I am incredibly lazy, but the actual game just seems... more fun to me. The work makes it more worthwhile than just adjusting a few sliders. I really only use Shoddy for testing myself (if I can even test what I want on it... damn you, lack of Iron Ball).

I'm against Wi-Fi. Mainly because its hard to determine who actually won the battle if there is a dispute, and because I don't have the time to actually train a good team.

Honestly, I'd rather it were Wi-Fi anyway. Sure, it's more work, and I am incredibly lazy, but the actual game just seems... more fun to me. The work makes it more worthwhile than just adjusting a few sliders. I really only use Shoddy for testing myself (if I can even test what I want on it... damn you, lack of Iron Ball).
Seconded all the way.

I still haven't finished one team yet, not one. I have finished one pokémon; I'd like to think that when I do finally get round to finishing it winning with it would be extremely satisfying in comparison to Shoddy Battle, and the whole 256 trainers idea should just be dropped. That many... it just won't work. Keep it exclusive to a few select forums, or maybe even one.

Seconded all the way.

I still haven't finished one team yet, not one. I have finished one pokémon; I'd like to think that when I do finally get round to finishing it winning with it would be extremely satisfying in comparison to Shoddy Battle, and the whole 256 trainers idea should just be dropped. That many... it just won't work. Keep it exclusive to a few select forums, or maybe even one.

Yeah 256 trainers wouldn't work. Its hard enought trying to get just 16 to complete their matches in one week. But I do think 64 would work seeing as how I have done it before. Except people that you know that always has some reason to not do their battle right then wouldn't be allowed to participate. You could also have some strict rules like results must be posted in two days or disqualifications will occur. I don't know. Select forums would be a good idea. Maybe add Marriland, TCoD and maybe two more. 16 representing from each 4. To hell with Serebii. I don't know, I have a good two weeks to spare.

It would be better if you got a Router since you just don't have to use them for Nintendo. I personally recomend Lynksys WRT54G. Easy to set up.

For the record, mass amounts of trainers competing at once does work... but only if you can get them all to one physical location at the same time and complete everything in a day or two :p Obviously that isn't much of an option unless Nintendo decides to make whatever this Ultimate Showdown thing is a permanent fixture.

A multi-forum tournament was already tried by PLDH; they couldn't garner anywhere near enough interest and it flopped. It's hard to keep so many people from so many different places on the same page, especially when some communities might start whining about differences in rule preferences or whatever ("but our league does it this way!"). Honestly, that's not anything I'd think about attempting again anytime soon.

For the record, mass amounts of trainers competing at once does work... but only if you can get them all to one physical location at the same time and complete everything in a day or two :p Obviously that isn't much of an option unless Nintendo decides to make whatever this Ultimate Showdown thing is a permanent fixture.

A multi-forum tournament was already tried by PLDH; they couldn't garner anywhere near enough interest and it flopped. It's hard to keep so many people from so many different places on the same page, especially when some communities might start whining about differences in rule preferences or whatever ("but our league does it this way!"). Honestly, that's not anything I'd think about attempting again anytime soon.

You're right about that. The last one I hosted, about 20 of the 64 had some tests to do and others mysteriously had things to come up. That's why I would want to try it in the middle of the summer or doing a major holiday. Just easier. What do you think would happen if you gathered the most serious people out there and kept it moving in 2 weeks giving each of them about 3 days to clear each round?

Back
Top Bottom