• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Features You Never Use or Care About

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
Just interested in what other people don't care about. :/

I DO NOT USE: image smilies, pokemon sprites in posts, post icons, most bbcode actually, WYSIWYG mode, social groups, biography field (50 character limit?), interests field, occupation field, that postbit with stuff on the side of the post, image attachments (although I do use the album thing), quote + quick reply

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT: other people's signatures, that thing that says what rank you have depending on your post count, other people's avatars, post count 90% of the time, most of the social networking stuff, join date, posts per day....

WHAT ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE i am interested for no apparent reason ; ;

Last edited:
NWT does not use or care about: rank, signatures, join date, image smilies, pokemon sprite tags, biography and interest fields. I also don't think I've ever used the quick reply buttons that are in posts - oh hey the fork thread button is gone, cool.

Guys, the longer the signature is, the less likely it is to be a good one. (oh and I do not care about how I can hatch your eggs and level your dragons by clicking on them, I'm sorry)

I miss the fork button. It was useful for ASB. That was about its only purpose, though. I forgot the quote + quick reply thing, though.

Uh, lessee, I don't use image smilies, post icons, WYSIWYG mode, that postbit with stuff on the side of the post, the quote thing to quote other people, or, just about anything other than edit that shows up near the bottom right corner of posts.

And I don't really care about post count and whatever (although, I'd like to have a hack where you can hide your post count)

Don't use/care about quick-reply-in-post, albums (it seems rude to waste Butterfree's space on my pictures when there are actual sites dedicated to that + my own space), social groups, the poetry subforum, the entire games forum, few other forums/subforums, image smilies, Pokémon sprites outside of ASB... maybe more, whatever.

but I want fork back. D:

Oh, and if and when Butterfree manages to create/install a specific signature-ignore hack I am turning off the signature of everyone who has an adoptable so they will be starved of attention and die. Not really, especially with the threads dedicated to them and all, but seriously. soooo sick of them make them go away, and anything with a scrollbar, too.

Last edited:
forum games exists for the sole purpose of postcount++;

all of like three threads are decent :'[

don't use -- a good chunk of our magical features. Like anything to edit a post that isn't italics. Unless we got sparkles, which I would use all the time. I think colors should just be removed and so should emoticons, since no one here uses them ever.

Thread rating is dumb. So are all the user stats that aren't age and maybe gender.

I don't care about... the writing forum. Actually, I do care, but I hate everything that goes on in it and firmly believe I should be given total control of it so I may purge it of its demons. Thank you. Also I think the insanity forum should be dead given its worthlessness. That's all I got, folks.

Signatures and avatars. I don't have a sig or an avatar, I don't care about your sig or avatar. Apparently having no sig or avatar translate to a lack of personality but pretty much 70% to 95% of stuff in sigs is nearly identical or similar... what was that about personality again?

Custom titles. I don't have one. I don't want one. If there was a "disable custom titles" thing I'd turn it on because I don't care about yours either. The rank thing is stupid. I mean sheesh apparently I'm a Metapod now, where does that put me? Metapod can't do shit, I'd rather be a caterpie

Thread rating. Thread tagging. The gender thing can be useful but apparently everyone wants to be called "it" so that's what I'll do. Everything else on the profile is rubbish.

Pretty much every bbcode tag except for bold, italics, image, or url. Emoticons, either because I'm an emotionless android or because I don't see much use for them.

Post count is stupid. Wasn't it disabled on the older vbulletin? Why is it enabled again? All it shows is how willing someone is to spam forum games to achieve "butterfree" status (believe me, if I cared, I'd be there already). Not that I have anything against people who are so, erm, dedicated to the place, but seriously, it's not like an IQ or GPA or anything. It's no measure of superiority (I trust y'all don't take it as one, but there are people in the internet tubes who do so...).

So yeah pretty much the only feature I do use is that little thing called the post button. I guess I just assume people give a shit about what I say, then.

Post count is there to count your posts. It is a small statistic and should only be seen as such.

I realize this, but people tend to blow it out of proportion. I personally think it's a pointless statistic; others might not think so.

I second "I hate the writing forum" because of Verne's reason. Plus I hate the forum games forum and I also hate several other forums and I hate sigs with scrollbars and I also hate and never use any features other than ... posting.

I post here and that's it really. I have an avatar because dude superjesus but I don't care about the social networking aspects, either. fuck profile comments and fuck friends. It's pointless :(

Let's see...

Mike doesn't use: picture smilies (I far prefer text ones =D), thread tagging, thread rating, font colours (not that they're allowed), biography/interests/occupation/location fields, groups, at least half the boards, a load of other things I forgot/can't be bothered to post.

Oh, God, you don't use every one of the billion features of the forums, half of which you don't even know exist. THE WORLD IS ENDING AND THE FORUM CLEARLY SUCKS AND I MUST DELETE THOSE FEATURES.

What's the point of this thread again? It sounds suspiciously like a bitch-at-Butterfree-for-anal-things disguised as some sort of a poll.

Oh, God, you don't use every one of the billion features of the forums, half of which you don't even know exist. THE WORLD IS ENDING AND THE FORUM CLEARLY SUCKS AND I MUST DELETE THOSE FEATURES.

What's the point of this thread again? It sounds suspiciously like a bitch-at-Butterfree-for-anal-things disguised as some sort of a poll.

Seconded, if you hate those features, DONT USE THEM!

signatures
horizontal postbit (surskitty how do you read anything with random crap interspersed!)
quick-reply/multi-quote buttons
friends
any of the bio fields
profile messages
there's a wysiwyg mode?
post/sig attachments
calendar
albums
subscriptions to threads
most of moderation
emotes

Back