• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Dreams May Come

I completely ignore the two friends and walk past, careful to stay far enough away that I wouldn't accidentally step on and ruin their snack.

Her eyes skimmed past the little bird and onto the large rat, noting its sharp senses and sickly yellow teeth, probably a sign of strength, or if not, bad hygine. Her hands reached out, preparing to touch its mangy fur.

As I look around, I wonder No more MooMoo Milk before bed for me. I carefully inspect the doors. Thinking, which door should I pick? I start to spin around in a circle like a Baltoy. After spinning for a minute or two, I suddenly stop. I fall down from dizziness and hit my head against the Orange door. "Oww... that hurts" I complain and attempt to reach for the doorknob. I fail a few times but finally grab it and twist. Since I was leaning against it, I fall when it opens and tumble into the world that lays behind the Orange Door.

James

"STAND AND DELIVER!!" you call as you leap from the carefree pokémon's head to the squirtle's. The tiny turtle pokémon looks up in terror with a "squir?!" and has just enough reflexes to withdraw into his shell before your landing. Again, it's a good thing the dusting thing doesn't take more than a second, else you and him could have been seriously hurt! As it is, you flop down onto the soft sand with your toes in the water the magikarp swam away in.

[ Obtained one (1) male squirtle! ]

Eonrider

The alert head of the doduo looks at you with an expression as if you had tried to explain how to win at Voltorb Flip. The oddish, heartened by what appears to be a large something ~not trying to eat him~, backs into your shoes. Once he touches the aglet of your shoelaces, he vanishes in shine and shimmer. Now the doduo looks at you like you took her lunch, and gallops away with a harrumph.

[ Obtained one (1) male oddish! ]

Mewtwo

You know, if I woke up in a strange room I'd never seen before with nothing but the clothes on my back, then opened the door to a room full of /nothing/ but doors that when opened led to inexplicable giant meadows, containing pokémon (familiar pokémon, the only thing familiar now, they took everything but your memories) that disappear and practically explode when you touch them, I would be a lot less calm.

But what do I know, I'm just the narrator.

As you venture on, you see... a girl. She has her back turned to you, with a pikachu and eevee on either side of her feet. Her arms are crossed behind her, and her brilliant red hair complements her floral print dress. She seems to be enjoying the sunshine.

You approach her carefully, and (though you don't think you made a sound) she and her pokémon turn to greet you. She wears a radiant smile and seems to look through you with her slate-blue eyes.

"Hi!" she says cheerfully. "Do you like the meadow? Aren't all the flowers so pretty?"

What... do you say?

Amaraia410

As you pass the two, resolutely choosing to take neither, a gust of wind suddenly picks up and blows heavily. You hold your hands to your hair and face away from it, when you hear the tinkling of bells and a young girl's laugh. Just as suddenly, the wind dies down.

You open your eyes to see a male bulbasaur and a female chikorita vine-wrestling over an oran berry bush. Neither seems to want to relinquish what they see as theirs.

werefish5

You apprehensively reach out and grab the matted raticate's fur. She only has the smallest amount of time to react before disappearing into a violent display of light and sparks. The spooked spearow swiftly soars off.

[ Obtained one (1) female raticate! ]

Brock

You faceplant most ungracefully into a patch of sand. Spitting it out, standing up, and brushing yourself off, you see not much but miles and miles of sand along with deep blue ocean out to the horizon. A few meters away, you spot a staryu at the mercy of a cloyster; she pokes a hole into its leg only to wait for it to grow back to poke it again.

Last edited:
James

"STAND AND DELIVER!!" you call as you leap from the carefree pokémon's head to the squirtle's. The tiny turtle pokémon looks up in terror with a "squir?!" and has just enough reflexes to withdraw into his shell before your landing. Again, it's a good thing the dusting thing doesn't take more than a second, else you and him could have been seriously hurt! As it is, you flop down onto the soft sand with your toes in the water the magikarp swam away in.

[ Obtained one (1) male squirtle! ]
Since I am the bestest highwayman or pirate or -- SOMETHING ever, I hop back onto my wonderfully amazing pineapple boatbuddy and GO BACK TO LOOKING FOR STUFF while riding the waaaaaaavy pokémon its patterns are totally awesome dude

James

On your vantage point from atop the ludicolo, you spot a female seel and male horsea in the water. The dragon pokémon releases a cloud of obscuring ink... well, less of a cloud than a squirt. Poor tiny ineffectual horsea.

werefish5

How interesting that you think in games and objectives... Possibly a form of escapism: you can't imagine that you are truly doing harm to these pokémon, so you create an ideal scenario in which it is your duty to vanish the innocents into silver light and sparks, their fate truly unknown. Intriguing indeed.

Putting the narrator's armchair psychology aside... Approaching one of the few trees, you spot a sentret divebomb a phanpy. He was taking advantage of the shade, but she just wanted to play...~!

James

On your vantage point from atop the ludicolo, you spot a female seel and male horsea in the water. The dragon pokémon releases a cloud of obscuring ink... well, less of a cloud than a squirt. Poor tiny ineffectual horsea.
While I have many talents, holding my horseas is not one of them. Neither is putting the horsea before the wagon. I suppose I might have to ... fall on it cleverly.

Can you horsea it any other way? I might need to seel the deal, too...

I wasn't home. Saffron City isn't home. Big cities are rarely home, despite the multitude of houses. This one was home to Silph Co.

Silph's influence'd been obvious from my arrival; the city was saturated in progress. Progress looks like sealed-off doors flush with the brick. The city had guards. Classy ones, drinking on the job. Something dark, possibly bitter.

As usual, the store was courtesy of Silph. So, though, was the skyscraper, defining the city's layout. Did they start this town? Is it theirs? Everything was Silph, but this wasn't a problem. I was here for them, for Porygon, for a virus. My foolishness. But, scientists have hours. Science doesn't happen in the dark. Business does though, apparently. Pokemon Centers run at all hours, as do the store branches. Black-suited men, undoubtedly important business people, shuffled about.

Pory would have to wait for morning. I'd keep my pokedex off. Everything will be better tomorrow. After all, Porygon'll be okay and I won't be alone. Somewhere in the city, some kid must have gotten a new bed. Nobody'd mind my borrowing a street bed for a night. It's just my size, after all.

This place was different. Home was a lot like this. "Home" feels like a lie, though. This place hasn't been home for a long time. Boys leave home, after all. Home gets so much bigger and scarier. Boys go on adventures and boys get in fights. TV said so! Mom said so. They never disagreed much. Things happen; adventures happen, even if only careful, reluctant ones. These things do happen.

Other things don't. This doesn't. Where am I, though? Where's the city? Where's the morning? Light doesn't work like that. Light doesn't just stop. Gaping voids are /bad/ things.

Maybe help will come. Do I need help? Maybe I should look around before anyone notices I'm up

>what's with the polka door yo

THERE >:|

Brock

You faceplant most ungracefully into a patch of sand. Spitting it out, standing up, and brushing yourself off, you see not much but miles and miles of sand along with deep blue ocean out to the horizon. A few meters away, you spot a staryu at the mercy of a cloyster; she pokes a hole into its leg only to wait for it to grow back to poke it again.

"Eeew... Sand taste bad..." I complain as I get up, "Wow. Nice beach. HEY!!! LEAVE THAT STARYU ALONE!" I cry as I run over a kick the Cloyster's shell, trying to punt it. "How do you like being annoyed."

"Um... yes, they are pretty... I guess I never stopped to think about that." Lily half-whispered. She had always been bashful, and never was good at talking to people.

Seeing a phanpy, a rather rare pokemon, she decided to try a different approach to getting the pokemon. She waved her hands around, and ran at top speed toward the phanpy, wondering if the pokemon here even knew how to escape danger.

Well damn. That crick in the neck wasn't normal. Of course, from laying in crazy-ass positions all day in a cardboard-stiff bed in a hotel, that would be expected and all. But still, it shouldn't make a noise like that.

You should've stayed back at your area, even if you're lazy and don't feel like typing up reports on people catching stuff. At least it's warm.

Typh tossed and turned, and then noticed the big gaping hole.

"...that-that wasn't...heh." Typh sat up, a smirk corssing her lips as she dusts off her fedora and plunks it back on her head. "You're not getting me that easily. It's one of those dream things hwere you reality warp, right?" Nothing answered.

Okay, maybe a bit too cocky here. Typh promply falls out of the bed and makes her way to the Orange door, which has gotten taller all of a sudden.

James

You are a terrible, terrible person. The dreamscape makes your belly flop hurt just a bit more for all the puns. Thankfully, the lapping waves break the surface enough that it's not the fall that pains, but the salt water in your eyes and nose. ... Good for your sinuses!

When you rub your eyes clean, neither of the pokémon are to be seen. You have a feeling you got him, though. Back up on the ludicolo with you!

[ Obtained one (1) male horsea! ]

Amaraia410

The inevitability of conflict, is it not. Food and territory wars, besides the point that pokémon have been bred both naturally and artificially so that only the strong survive... While it may seem a suffering existence, it may be the only existence these creatures truly know.

Sneaking up on the grass pokémon might not have been the best idea. The chikorita, alert to sounds, hears you approach and whips her head and her... whips around violently to fend off what she sees as an encroaching predator. Unluckily for her, the second her vines smack into your leg is the second they, and very shortly herself, turn to blue crystal, silver light, and bright sparks. Lacking his opponent, the bulbasaur takes not a moment to gather berries and hoard them off somewhere.

[ Obtained one (1) female chikorita! ]

Ash

Yeah, shee, it's a beach, shee? Water and shand and shtuff. Where was you on the evenin' of July thirty-foist?

Ahem.

You see a psyduck floating on his back in the shallows when he bumps into a chinchou; she lets off a spark in annoyance, but he doesn't seem to notice.

Brock

You're lucky you didn't give the cloyster time to react and shoot one of her harder-than-diamonds spikes at your face. As it is, you smack the flat side of her shell with the toe of your shoe, and she seemingly vanishes in a burst of light and sparkles. The staryu seems as grateful as a pokémon with no expression can, and catches the high tide back to the water.

[ Obtained one (1) female cloyster! ]

Mewtwo

The girl's face falls immediately, in shock and disbelief. "Never noticed...?" She bends down and cups her hands in an upside-down U-shape on the ground, then plucks a deep pink peony you're certain wasn't there a second ago. She sniffs the fragrant flower, and looks in your direction wistfully - but doesn't look at you, doesn't make eye contact.

Can't make eye contact, you realize as you stare into her oddly grey-blue eyes.

She lifts the corners of her mouth in a pained smile, and twirls her dress around while holding the flower to her nose and humming a tune. "Come roll in all the riches all around you... And for once, never wonder what they're worth."

The girl looks to you again, wearing a more genuine smile. "Could you do that?" she asks. "Can you notice the flowers... for me?"

Suddenly, a strong gust of wind picks up, fluttering the hem of her dress and making a mess of your hair. You shield your eyes with your arm for the briefest second, and the breeze stops. Looking up, there's no trace of the girl or her pokémon...

Only a single tall white and green lily remains where she stood.

werefish5

The long nose pokémon stares at you flailing towards it with a look that says "what the phan" before galumphing away. Most things don't take kindly to being randomly ran at.

The sentret, however, has less of a sense of self-preservation. She bounds into your chest with a "sentret, sen--!" and vanishes in a flash of bright light and tingling sparks.

[ Obtained one (1) female sentret! ]

RandomTyphoon

Is it unclear that the bedroom is not ~in~ the nexus, but merely connects to the nexus? Because this is like the third time it's come up. Hnn. Anyway.

You gingerly open the orange door and step onto the sand. A male golduck crab-steps over your sneakers, looking for a snack. Hm, that female shellder could do it...

Last edited:
James

You are a terrible, terrible person. The dreamscape makes your belly flop hurt just a bit more for all the puns. Thankfully, the lapping waves break the surface enough that it's not the fall that pains, but the salt water in your eyes and nose. ... Good for your sinuses!

When you rub your eyes clean, neither of the pokémon are to be seen. You have a feeling you got him, though. Back up on the ludicolo with you!

[ Obtained one (1) male horsea! ]
Belly flop or belly drum? 'cause I think my attack just rose!

... Or is that my gag reflex?

Salt water's only good for you if it doesn't have pee in it. And this, my friends, is water with things living in it. Things that pee. That means there is pee in my eye.. Narrator, you are very cruel and I think I deserve a pair of scope lens or blackglasses or zoom lens or something to keep pee-water out of my eyes in the future. I have made my request noted.

To more of the water with Runpapa! (And me.)

... A clean feeling would be appreciated!

James

It's seawater. Deal with it. A pair of sunglasses and a pack of mint gum do fall into your lap when you think-request it, though.

Trotting off ahead, you spot a wooper having fun with a marill: he holds on to her tail with his little legs, sitting on the ball, and she spins round (right round) trying to get him in her sights so she can water gun him.

Yeah well I'm going to sulk anyway.
... and since I have yet to learn my lesson, I am going to jump onto the marill and hopefully the wooper. GET UP ON THE MARILL'S TAIL
GET UP ON THE MARILL'S TAIL
GET UP ON THE MARILL'S TAIL

Uh, can I join in? If so:
Hm. Where could I be? Last thing I remember I was returning from The Dimensional Rift with HelixhelixhelixIlikehelixes my shiny new Omanyte, and then seeing the bed, and now this. Hm. Well, I think this is a dream. I can't help but notice that as I say this I'm talking into a microphone, and also I'm not wearing trousers. When I'm not wearing trousers, it's usually a dream. But. Out into the hallway and through the Orange Door and on with my novelty glasses. The neon ones with an umbrella sticking out the top. So, what's through this door?

Back
Top Bottom