• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

What Dreams May Come

Zora of Termina

You walk slowly up to the sheep, glad you remembered to wear your rubber underwear today. Mumbling quiet affirmations ("that's right, okay, good sheepie-sheepie-sheep..."), you step closer... closer... until you grab the flaaffy by the sides. Expecting to heft her up, you instead flump on your butt when the weight turns to incorporeal light and glimmers. The dugtrio grins as well as a pokémon lacking a mouth can, and tunnels down happily.

[ Obtained one (1) female flaaffy! ]

Ruffledfeathers

Absurdly calm at the experience of having a pokémon seem to disappear under your hand, you move on to the next hill. On the hill across from you, you see a grey ball roll merrily down the hill. It runs smack down into a spearow hunting for worms. The donphan shakes himself open, only to curl back up into a defense curl when the bird starts pecking his eyes out for interrupting her.

"That was... odd." Lily muttered as she continued walking.

((This is fun =D It's reviving my love of role-play and PARASCECT IS NOT A BIRD POKEMON))

(I can't get kicked out because of bad roleplaying, right?)

Blackness dabbed at the edge of her vision, the way it always did upon waking up, though it took a moment to realize that this was not an ordinary day. Memories of getting an adorable starter, and traveling a short while the day before, came back, piece by piece, until she realized that this wasn't reality. A rather bland and stifling room enveloped her. A growing discomfort grew inside her, until it became frightening. She rushed out of the room, through a door that seemed to be the only way out. Then, beneath her, above her, and every way she looked, was blackness. Doors led in every direction, though a red door piqued her interest. Perhaps it would lead into a wide open space, a space that wouldn't make her claustrophobia act up the way it did.

Mewtwo

((... o.O fsr I thought you caught the spearow when I typed that, idek. pretend it says mushroom. yes.))

As you walk up to the crest of the next hill, you distractedly nearly walk right into the green wings of a scyther. Thankfully, he seems to be focusing intently on the bellsprout in front of him, who himself is focusing on... what appears to be a very cute style of judo.

werefish5

((Of course not! :D Not that you're bad at this. [green if you are thinking of posting there may be an exception to this rule]))

As soon as you step through the door, into the expansive flowered field that stretches to the horizon, you think it's awfully dark for the sun to be up. Shielding your eyes and looking up, you see not a solar eclipse but a fearow with an especially fearsome wingspan. She swoops down to the ground with an eye on a male sandshrew, sleeping obliviously in the warm sunrays.

(I actually think I'm reletively decent at the introduction to the character, but I'm dreadful with the parts that come afterward, as far as I can tell.)

Feeling for the empty pokeballs at her belt that she had set up in the style she had seen on television, though finding that they were missing, as was the rest of her things, she approached the fearow, her intent to grapple with it, possibly out of sheer impulse. She sprung at it in an effort to pin it down, whatever reason was in her mind.

werefish5

"BRAAA--?!" the fearow cries before disappearing into silver intangible dust. Lacking anything to pin down, you 'oof' to the ground on your stomach. The sandshrew opens one eye lazily, yawns (have you ever seen a sandshrew yawn? it's pretty darn cute), and burrows a few yards down and away to sleep in peace.

[ Obtained one (1) female fearow! ]

I stare at the spot where the Flaafy used to be, then promptly fall on my ass. "Well, that was messed up..." I mutter, looking down at the ground as I sit there for a moment. I start playing with the grass boredly, before realizing what I should be doing and standing up again. I dust myself off and look around.

"Hmmm... open field, full of flowers... This seems a bit like one of those schmaltzy romantic dreams you see in cheesy sitcoms." I comment. "Shame my true love probably isn't gonna come a-runnin'. MOVING ON." I start to walk to what I assume is the west, whistling a jaunty tune as I do so.

Zora of Termina

Jauntily jaunting off in some direction (cardinal directions imply there's an earth with a top and a bottom and magnetic fields, rather than simply an eternal expanse of meadow), you see a sunkern busily collecting dew with her leaves in the shadow of a hill. Nearby, a raticate scampers close, a hungry look in his eye.

A world where you can touch a pokemon to make it turn to dust! Of course I keep going!

Once the pidgey turned to dust, I pulled my hand back quickly. "Umm, OK," I thought, after finding out I had just 'caught' a pidgey. I didn't think too much about it, however, as I figured, well, when wierd things happen your body tries not to react. I got up and looked around, looking for something else. My next thought was, "Maybe if I find a video game system and touch that, Ill get that too." with that, Ikept walking

After getting up and blinking several times, she continued onward, not particularly paying attention to the fact that she may have just aquired a king midas type power to turn pokemon into sparkly dust.

Ruffledfeathers

There's not much more to see: the spearow is pecking at the light-grey, less thick hide of the donphan, though she doesn't seem to be inflicting too much damage. When you step closer, the spearow glances up and cocks her head to the side glaring at you, then decides you do look tastier after all and starts DIVEBOMBING FOR YOUR HEAD omg. Thankfully, although you don't get any time to defend yourself, the instant her talons strike your soft fleshy head is the instant she vanishes in so much sparkles and crystal brilliance.

The donphan lifts his trunk in a loud cry of gratitude for derailing his attacker, and rolls off down to greater pastures.

[ Obtained one (1) female spearow! ]

coolking49

((yes, the first event hit! ... no, it was the bad end!))

However it was you were aware that you captured the pidgey, you move on, thoughts filled with greed and possession and want. Got that one, where's the next one, always on the move; the life of a pokémon catcher.

Something catches your attention out the side of your eye. Another pokémon? a rare one? a shiny? Gotta find them, gotta get them, mine mine mine. But no, it's not a pokémon. It's an old couple, a dame and gent waving in your direction from near the village. You shrug and start to turn away; you've never seen them, they're obviously not looking for you.

The wind shifts direction, and you hear her calling.

"Sweetie! It's time to come in, honey; you wandered off too far!"

And her voice is peanut butter cookies, and warm blankets from the dryer after you spent all day playing in the snow, and being read to from your favorite book when you're sick until you fall asleep. You turn back to face them and shout, "Coming, Grandmama!" with your hand cupped around your mouth.

You start running towards them, giggling and laughing like you're racing against someone to get back (but there's no one, save your shadow) and you expect them to get bigger as you come closer but they don't, they don't, so you frown and really push it, and you know you're really flying, as fast as those doduo that wake you up sometimes from their cawing in the meadow at dawn, but they're not getting closer, they just keep waving and waiting for you and you can't keep running much longer! You throw your arm up just reaching for them, and you cry out, "Grandmama!" in tears and frustration and you trip over a hole in the grass and you fall and shout, sitting upright in the bed and breathing heavily.

You look around in fear all around you. The sky has that deep blue tinge telling you it's nearly sunrise, (and it's always darkest before the dawn.) You clasp your hand to your racing heart, and grab your shoes and bag and that weird pink ball that must have fallen out of the pokéball pocket, and you get the hell out of dodge without looking back to that bed.

The bed silently makes itself up again, and disappears.

werefish5

You dutifully trudge ahead, taking advantage of the uniquely human trait to make the miraculous seem ordinary and turn the unusual into the usual. There's not too much but green grass and colored flowers below, blue skies and white clouds and red smiling puffballs ab-- wait, that's a hoppip right there. He floats down calmly, grinning and, well, hopping off to somewhere.

Are hoppip tasty? Who knows! That nidorina stalking him from the grass seems to think so.

Mmmrh. Not exactly my choice in Pokemon. Better the Raticate than the Sunkern, I guess, so I start going toward that. I'm totally expecting it to disappear like the last one did. Maybe this time I won't be so shocked as to fall on my ass humiliatingly and actually be able to see what happens to the Pokemon.

I might like to capture it in a picture when I wake up.

Zora of Termina

You tiptoe through the tulips, hunting the oblivious raticate. Once you touch her on the tip of her tail, you see a bluish-purple crystal sort of substance travel down to her behind, then spread from there to the tips of her toes and up to the ends of her whiskers. Quickly following inches behind the first wave is another, and this one shimmers with lustrous luminescence and pearly particles, hovering in the air before - not falling, there's nothing on the ground that you can see, but simply dissipating. It might remind you of fireworks and sparklers and the wonder of ethereality.

Or shiny things.

The sunkern-- actually, the sunkern just lies there. What else can she do? Poor useless sunkern.

[ Obtained one (1) female raticate! ]

Darn, what's with the rare pokemon running from me? This is supposed to be a dream. ;_; Keep going. I have a spearow.

Ruffledfeathers

Dreams of rare pokémon running from you, hm? Interesting. It could be a symbol of underlying feelings of inadequacy. Tell me about your childhood.

You follow the donphan, trying to catch up to it, but you lose sight when you see a kangaskhan and nidoqueen battling it out, scratching and punching. Whoah, catfiiiight! The baby kangaskhan peeks out from her pouch and a nidoran looks to her from the ground and they sigh with admiration. Aww, puppy love.

You could try to approach the nidoqueen or kangaskhan, but they look pretty fierce and riled up.

Ninja Chatot

You brave against the gusts, shielding your eyes and plodding to the pidgeotto. He doesn't see you approach from the side, and when you reach up to push him away, knock him over, just do /something/ to get him to quit, he vanishes in a flash of argent light and motes of dust. The nidorino looks up when the wind dies suddenly, then scampers away.

[ Obtained one (1) male pidgeotto! ]

For a moment things are huge and then suddenly he's little again, because it's impossible he's ever been this small, because he would have remembered. It's not something you miss, not being able to look over those waist-height walls that you dangle yourself over when you're looking over bridges or the roofs of buildings, wondering if you're going to spit at someone crossing the street so many feet below or jump off and see if you can fly.

He spent a lot of time in cities. He's familiar with this sort of thing. He traces those soft swirls of spread concrete like someone might skim their hand over cool water. He presses the skin off his back and arms onto the unevenness in the summer and enjoys the cool and the grounding scratch. He leans in thick gray alleys and doesn't think.

But somewhere under the skin of his back he feels a crawling sensation that means he's nervously repulsed by all of it right now and he guesses it's because he's so young. So small.

The balcony looks more lived in than does the house. Toys he's never seen give him a shudder of familiarity that both comforts him and confuses him. He wants to touch them, maybe even play with them -- just a little -- but the sight of his own hands reminds him that he's an age he's never been before and a place he has a hard time thinking about. The wooden eevee stares at him like it might move if he looks away, but he looks away anyways and he doesn't hear any squeaking wheels. He never had these sort of toys, he thinks, but at the same time the vibrant shine of plastic and worn red rope stir weird memories in the palms of his hands. He looks away.

The flowers almost breathe when he stares at them because they look like falling asleep after too long a day for such a young kid. For a minute he just looks at them because he's suddenly remembering sleeping under a bridge in a suburb and the night being warm and cool all at once.

No one's around.

He tosses some of the plant food onto the soil, pours some water out of the purple psyduck-looking watering can. But he still looks behind him to check that he's not ruining an image he's not sure he ever had.

With a rather loud 'snork' sort of sound, Cookies sits up rather abruptly in the wonderful comfy...random...bed. She rubs her nose and snuffles, then slides out of the bed and stands next to it, looking around. How very odd. This isn't her room, how did she get here? It's a nice room though. Then she realizes that all her stuff is gone.

"Vaan?!" She squeaks, the name of her Umbreon the first coming to mind. "Guys? Where are you? What the hell..."

Wander around the room, she runs a hand through her short blond hair, frowning. She looks down at her feet most of the time as she walks, carefully stepping over anything that may be on the floor. Then, stopping abruptly, she looks up. She stares at the Red Door before her, then extends a shaking, thin hand to touch the door knob, trying to open it.

(Man I am bad at this)

My childhood was very fine, thank you! Sure...there was that time with the chari...shut up shut up!!!

I decide to throw rocks at them, figuring that they will be angry enough to beat this throbbing headache out of my head.

Back
Top Bottom