• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Eifie
Reaction score

Profile posts Postings About

• Ha! I bet you've been waiting forever for this opportunity to declare Official Friendship! Well, I accept. But - but only for tactical reasons...!
    Telekinesis is probably more loathed and we haven't felt the need to ban it so far. (although, we do need to nerf it sometime soon...)

Well, if you really wanted to, you could do what you always do when you want to do something you're worried people will hate you for. Namely, you'd lend me the Mismagius and make me put the sig move on her.

(It's not incomprehensible, but it could definitely be much more straightforward. And well, I'm pretty sure Negrek's "less than 100% chance" thing was a roundabout way to specify secondary effects; I don't see any other reason why she'd specifically exclude Icy Wind and the like, so, I wouldn't really mind rewritting that either.)
    Eh. No one wants them in tournaments.

I could be convinced.

(Incidentally, we're still doing that thing where, if a move has any effects other than dealing damage and they happen more than 20% of the time, it costs extra, right? If we are, I'm thinking of doing a little rewrite on the bit at the D&E that says so -- right now it launches off on an entire explanation about secondary effects, only to go "also, it applies to all the effects ever")
    I saw someone with a suspiciously similar name on the new users list a while ago-- stumbled upon your account, I guess.
    They definitely aren't.

Still no dice, you could use it repeatedly.
    Why not?

As is, nah, because damage caps are optional and it'd be ridiculously easy to issue a challenge without any and score an OHKO. That's not the answer you're looking for, I imagine, but.
    Oh, so you did, apparently. I do remember pondering whether Super Fang's worth banning in the third round, hence the confusion.

Super Fang isn't that good. The Pain Split ban and direct healing restrictions have about as much to do with balance as they have to do with just keeping matches fairly streamlined.
    Nor did we need to, I only banned it in the third round because it wreaks havoc in Battle Arena format.
    meanwhile here I am too lazy to put either of my Onixes in the Pokewalker and mass click to finish the stupidly easy Spiky-Eared Pichu exploration
    Oh, those I think I saw, kind of. Yeah, those were completely wrong calls. (nah, they were all good, although I never really saw why we made a whole new referee rank; advanced would have been good enough, specially considering that elite was never nearly as hard to get up to as it sounds like, even if it wasn't exactly done in a day).

I was under the impression that we were doing this via PM. But also, let me just say: thanks for giving me a significantly more useful ability, and also, fuck you and down with Big Brother.
    So it usually goes. I'm guessing we haven't promoted anyone lately, either? I've been thinking of whether I should have a look around for potential promotees, if I can set aside the time. (then again, as far as "if I can set aside the time" goes, yesterday I was supposed to be doing actual things but instead I just ended up getting and writing down a giant bunch of stupid contest battle rule ideas)

Oh dear, I get a bad feeling about this. But yeah, if you feel like it, you could show me what you sent and I can let you know whether that completely ruins my plans (and, naturally, what they were, since either way I'm assuming we don't get to change them at this point anyhow). But oh well, if it's just ironic enough, my Luvdisc will still love it.
    At first I thought you were saying we got new refs, as in for the League. We haven't actually gotten in any in... quite a while now, have we?

Well, sounds to me like somebody's plans keep going haywire in certain spots! I hope that streak carries over to the Luvdisc luvdown...
    The month of October is also nearly complete and that thing started in February, so I think my point stands.

I haven't seen that. I should see that soon.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom