• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Does the Metronome item boost the power of attacks called by Sleep Talk and Metronome, even if the same attack isn't called multiple times in a row? Also, does it boost the power of Hidden Powers even if an unown holding it changes the HP's type?

Yes, metronome boosts sleep talk and metronome, although the bonus is only applied when the attack called is damaging. For example, if you used sleep talk three four times in a row and got Tackle - Attract - Sky Uppercut - Frenzy Plant, tackle would be normal power, sky uppercut would be +10 power, and frenzy plant would be +20 power. Metronome will boost consecutive hidden powers even if made by an unown that is changing their type.

There's really no default. If someone just said "substitute" and said nothing about size, I'd probably randomize it.

Thanks. A couple of questions about Simple:

1.Does it affect your partner in a double battle?
2.Does it affect accuracy?

What happens when a Pokémon with a status condition uses Psycho Shift to pass that condition to a Pokémon with Synchronize? Will both Pokémon end up with the condition, or just the syncher? And if both Pokémon would end up statused, what happens if the user of Psycho Shift has a Safeguard up?

(I think you answered something like this before the explosion but I don't remember.)

Synchronize will bounce back status transferred through psycho shift, and safeguard does not block this effect.

ETA: Safeguard blocks psycho shift and prevents the shifter from healing its status.

Last edited:
In a Double battle. When one pokemon uses Bide, and it's unleashed. Does it hit both the pokemon on the toher team, or just one?

It hits only one pokémon, and the target should be specified at the time that the bide is begun. However, if the biding pokémon is damaged by the target's partner, that damage still counts towards how much bide's release inflicts.

I am assuming that it isn't possible for a Pokémon that has used Rest to force itself awake early, right?

Nope, only non-self-induced sleep can (try to) be forced off early by the sleeping pokémon.

Back
Top Bottom