• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Would Taunt mess with Synchronize? Your description of it implies that the afflicted pokemon consciously makes an illusion, and that seems a little indirect for a taunted pokemon.

EDIT:Also, Leaf Blade has the wrong power. It should be 90.

Last edited:
Nope; synchronize is mostly unconscious and won't be blocked by taunt.

Fixed leaf blade's power and removed the old anchor tag still stuck there (why Butterfree why ;-;).

Rest.

How much Health is gained, and how munch energy does it cost to sustain it when it's healing the pokemon each turn?

Rest heals enough to bring the pokémon back to 100% from the level of health at which it started. So, if a pokémon at 25% health uses rest, it will gain 75% health and recover from any major status conditions it might have. However, if the pokémon takes damage during the recovery period, rest doesn't heal more in order to bring them up to 100%. So if the resting pokémon mentioned above takes 10% damage while it's asleep, then its final health will be 90% and not 100%.

Like most healing attacks, rest costs energy equal to half the health it restores, rounded up. In the given example, that would be 38% energy. You can distribute the energy loss across the actions devoted to rest how you like, depending on how you handle the health restoration; for example, some people have all health regained on the action rest is used, and then the pokémon just sleeps for the next two actions. In that case, it would make the most sense to take all the energy in one action. On the other hand, some people have the pokémon regain 1/3 of the total amount of health on each of the three actions, in which case it would make more sense to take 1/3 the total energy cost on each action instead.

Several modifications to attacks and abilities:

- Pokémon with flash fire, motor drive, and volt or water absorb can no longer trigger their abilities with their own attacks.

- Pokémon with hustle, pure power, and huge power now only do 1.2x the normal amount of damage.

- Spite does what I thought it always did and increases the energy cost for an attack, rather than being a super-disable.

- It is clarified that avalanche only has doubled power if the user is damaged before it goes off, not simply if the user has an attack aimed at them.

Kai raised this question in a battle I'm reffing and it led to me thinking of a few more questions related to the topic.

Assuming that an arena allows Dig: After a hole has been dug with Dig, is the Pokemon who dug it allowed to keep hiding in it, if so ordered? Can the Pokemon hide in it every action, in-between firing off ranged attacks? (I.e., can the Pokemon peek out, shoot off a beam or whatever, and duck back in before the enemy can respond?) If the Pokemon is hiding in the hole, can the other Pokemon fire a ranged attack into the hole to hit the hiding Pokemon? For that matter, can the other Pokemon go down into the hole too? If they're both in it at the same time, could they have part of the battle in the hole (assuming that they use attacks that don't need much maneuvering)?

My instinct is yes to everything, but I wanted to check with somebody on its legality before I ref it.

Quick question. Can Flail and Facade be combined in a combo attack?
Probably.

Assuming that an arena allows Dig: After a hole has been dug with Dig, is the Pokemon who dug it allowed to keep hiding in it, if so ordered?
Pokémon can remain underground indefinitely.

Can the Pokemon hide in it every action, in-between firing off ranged attacks? (I.e., can the Pokemon peek out, shoot off a beam or whatever, and duck back in before the enemy can respond?)
Probably not, unless there's a very shallow grade to the bottom of the hole (if it were more dug into the side of something rather than being dug downwards). This sort of maneuver requires the pokémon to climb to the surface, use its attack, and then drop again all in one action; it's probably not going to happen. You could do a two-action combo to make it work (climbing would be one action, the actual attack another; it obviously doesn't take much time to drop), but other than that, I think not.

Alternatively, the pokémon could cling to the wall of the tunnel near the opening of the hole and just stretch its neck up to peek over the rim of the hole and use attacks, then duck back, all in one action. However, this approach would a) require one action for the pokémon to get in place and b) prevent it from taking advantage of the defense usually offered by being underground (see below).

If the Pokemon is hiding in the hole, can the other Pokemon fire a ranged attack into the hole to hit the hiding Pokemon?
Depends on the hole. If the pokémon digs straight down so that the attacker can look down into the tunnel and have a line of sight to them, then the ranged attack will hit. If the tunnel curves or bends, though, then most ranged attacks will not be able to turn the corner and hit the underground pokémon. Powerful attacks that can splash off of surfaces and continue, like flamethrower or hydro pump, can be forced around the corner to do reduced damage to a pokémon beyond, but something like thunderbolt would just fizzle out when it hit the dirt at the bottom of the tunnel. Ranged attacks that never miss, such as swift or magical leaf, will be able to take the turn and strike the target.

For that matter, can the other Pokemon go down into the hole too?
Yes, if the tunnel is wide enough for it to go down. If not, it can widen it with its own attacks in order to get to the underground pokémon.

If they're both in it at the same time, could they have part of the battle in the hole (assuming that they use attacks that don't need much maneuvering)?
Yes.

Just wanted to make sure of Uproar. The Pokemon can only not be put to sleep on the action the Pokemon used Uproar, right? And Uproar doesn't have to be used consecutively (Like Thrash, or Outrage).

The pokémon is immune to sleep for as long as uproar lasts, but it does have to be used consecutively, just like thrash or outrage (because the pokémon can't hear any further commands, just as outrage- or thrashing pokémon don't listen to further commands until they've calmed down).

Edit: Also tweaked super fang so it might be vaguely useful.

Last edited:
Since your answer seems to have been lost in the explosion: how exactly does one go about shedding a Ghost Curse again?

Switching. I may have come up with something more interesting in my previous answer, but if I did I can't think of it. Ghost curse is not easy to shake.

Is it possible for the user of a screen move like Reflect or Safeguard to cancel it before it reaches its duration? I would assume that it is since the upkeep cost gives the impression that they're being consciously maintained, but I just want to double-check.

Back
Top Bottom