• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Attacks and Abilities Guide

Can Detect be used to locate a Pokémon, since it is often implied to use aura or something to predict where the opponent will attack next?

EDIT: Also, do Blaze and similar activate when energy is low, or just health? apologies in advance if it's in there and I just wasn't looking close enough.

Last edited:
Can Detect be used to locate a Pokémon, since it is often implied to use aura or something to predict where the opponent will attack next?

EDIT: Also, do Blaze and similar activate when energy is low, or just health? apologies in advance if it's in there and I just wasn't looking close enough.
Detect: yes, but only over a very limited range; the opponent would have to be quite close to the user for this to work.

Re: Blaze--health only.

For Double Team, it says that the clones may disappear due to some circumstance that may allow the foes to see through the illusion. Is raining (weather) always included in this, or does it vary between refs?

So far as I know, everyone here treats rain as going through clones and revealing the illusion; if someone thinks it should be otherwise, then they're welcome to make their argument here as to why it oughtn't be that way.

Were you serious about Splash being a OHKO? If so, is it counted as a OHKO when a restriction for the battle is no OHKO.
It is not counted as an OHKO under the standard restriction, no. If you are afraid of losing so splash, you should clause it specifically.

If it's raining and a Pokémon with Swift Swim is in water, is its speed quadrupled or just doubled? Probably the latter, but I thought I should be sure...

If, say, Fury Attack is used by a Pokémon with 1+ Attack, would the boost be applied to each individual strike, or to the total damage caused by the attack?

EDIT: And just for clarification, critical hits are supposed to be rolled for each strike and applied individually to each strike that landed a critical hit, right?

I know this isn't the right place, but here's a question: If I have to reff a metronome battle, I need a random attack generator- I remember Negrek posted one once, but I can't find the link anymore.

Bad question Larsy Shame On You!

If it's raining and a Pokémon with Swift Swim is in water, is its speed quadrupled or just doubled? Probably the latter, but I thought I should be sure...
Doubled.

If, say, Fury Attack is used by a Pokémon with 1+ Attack, would the boost be applied to each individual strike, or to the total damage caused by the attack?

EDIT: And just for clarification, critical hits are supposed to be rolled for each strike and applied individually to each strike that landed a critical hit, right?
Each strike of a multi-hit move is considered an individual attack for the purposes of calculating damage and effects. So stat boosts and other modifiers apply individually each attack, and each individual strike has the opportunity to cause a critical hit independently of the others.

Can you combine Explosion and Endure? How about Rest and Protect?
Probably not on both counts, but best to be sure.
No and no.

Each strike of a multi-hit move is considered an individual attack for the purposes of calculating damage and effects. So stat boosts and other modifiers apply individually each attack, and each individual strike has the opportunity to cause a critical hit independently of the others.
But...
The Data On Multi-Hit Attacks said:
Although only the first hit can critical hit, each successive hit after will deal the same amount of damage.

So shouldn't it be that the first is calculated then repeated for each successive strike?

Also, if a Substitute is a creature with a mind of its own, can it be put to Sleep?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom