• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2vs2 Singles
DQ: 8 days
Damage Cap: 70%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Evasion
Arena: Spear Pillar (Brawl)

It's a two-layer stone arena with pillars. However, at the start of every fourth round:

40% chance Dialga will appear and slow down all movement of Pokemon.
40% chance Palkia will appear and turn the battlefield upside-down.
20% chance Cresselia will appear and do nothing.

This Pokemon will disappear after two rounds.

http://dragonflycave.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1963&page=3 <----- Profile.

I'll take that challenge. Profile

I'll ref this. It'll be up in a mo'.

Although I'm still a tad busy, I suppose it'll tend to decline, and plus I now realize TCoD isn't going through a downtime or something, and one of the matches I was reffing just ended, so, I get the nagging feeling that I can't be reffing merely one match.

Therefore, Claudster and <Joseph: Night SHADE>, I'll be taking your duel.

I should be unbarred since Jack revoked my challenge with him, and Typh should be free since her four-way battle got taken off. So! Let's do this, shall we, Typh?

3vs3 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 Week
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Chills, Perish Song, Baton Pass, U-Turn
Arena: Outside the Battle Arena (yes I jacked this from the tournaments)

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier's Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta's rules... or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their PokÈmon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per PokÈmon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both PokÈmon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

The following rules also apply:

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted PokÈmon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won't add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
Asleep, Frozen: -20 points

If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

Derpderp.

I should be unbarred since Jack revoked my challenge with him, and Typh should be free since her four-way battle got taken off. So! Let's do this, shall we, Typh?

3vs3 Single
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, Chills, Perish Song, Baton Pass, U-Turn
Arena: Outside the Battle Arena (yes I jacked this from the tournaments)

The battle takes place right outside the Battle Frontier's Battle Arena facility, out in the open air. The immediate area is covered in nicely manicured grass and a few flowers. The Arena building itself is surrounded on three sides by water and a small pond sits on the other side of the battlers, so water moves can be used and Water-types that need to swim can do so. The battlers cannot move away from the immediate area, so heading towards the plaza or another facility is forbidden.

Since this match is happening so close to the Arena, it seems such a shame not to follow Greta's rules... or, at least, a variation on them. As such, both battlers will send out their PokÈmon and attack for three battle rounds (a total of 9 attacks per PokÈmon) before the ref calls a halt. After the three rounds both PokÈmon are recalled and unable to continue in the current battle, and their current health, energy and status are noted for later. Both trainers will then send out their next Pokémon and continue for the next three rounds. At the end (which should be nine total rounds), the health and energy of all Pokémon is totaled and whichever trainer has the highest score wins.

The following rules also apply:

-If a Pokémon has fainted, either due to HP loss OR energy loss, the battle stops right where it is (even if it has not yet been three rounds) and both Pokémon are recalled. Fainted PokÈmon DO still count toward the final score, but as either their health or their energy is at 0% they won't add anywhere near as much.

-If, at the end of the three rounds, a battler is afflicted with a status condition, that condition detracts from their final score as follows:

Paralyzed, Burned, Confused: -10 points
Poisoned, Attracted: -15 points
Asleep, Frozen: -20 points

If the Pokémon has more than one status condition, only the first one they were afflicted with detracts full points; all others afterwards only detract five, no matter what they are.

Derpderp.

rapingTaking!

Note: this challenge is for Lars.

2vs2 Double
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Direct healing moves limited to 1/pokemon.
Arena: The dragon mountain

The dragon mountain is a gigantic mountain(like, duh), located in a mountain chain in which almost every sort of dragon type pokemon- these which are already known of and these which have yet to be identified- lives. The battle takes part near the cave of one of the dragon, on a rather small cliff, around 20x20 meter wide. Its quite stable, and somehow, it won't collapse even when an earthquake will occur, meaning the move of the same name may be used freely. Attacks that gather power from the area, like Earth Power, Natural Gift and Hidden Power, will have their power boosted by 2%.
In addition, dragon like/dragon type pokemon will find themselves restoring 2% health and energy at the end of every round. The cliff is located directly near a Flygon's cave, meaning that every round there is a 30% chance it will come out and use either Dragon Claw or Earth Power on every single pokemon, that is as long as it isnt a dragon like/dragon type pokemon.
Dragon attacks used in this area will have their power boosted by 3% damage.
Because the mountain contains lots of ancient dragon souls, the ground is full of red and blue flowers containing magical seeds. One may eat a seed, and it will take on a radom effect:
30% it will confuse the consumer,
40% it will raise the consumer's health by 10%,
15% it will poison and burn the consumer,
And a 15% chance it will raise all of the consumer's stats by 2 stages.

Notes: Only first stage pokemon(like Pichu, cleffa, happiny, charmander, geodude) can be used.
Also: Dragon like pokemon are pokemon like Charmander, Totodile, Aerodactyl, Gyarados, treecko, etc.

Accepted!

by the way:
My ProfileCharmanP's Profile

Taking due to a request from Lars to do it.

4vs4 Single
DQ: 532800000000000000000000000000 yoctoseconds (comes out to 5 days 4 hours)
Style: Switch under special conditions
Damage Cap: None
Banned Moves: Moves related to the ground, Brine, Muddy Water, Splash, OHKO's
Arena: The Water Arena

This is an arena with a very uninspired name. It is simply a huge swimming pool, infinitely deep, with a small platform at either end for non-aquatic Pokémon. Due to the bottomlessness, it is not a good idea to use Pokémon that cannot swim or are very heavy as they will sink and be unable to battle, effectively providing a KO. Consentually Hovering or Flying will have to start off hovering or flying. The trainers are provided with Hoverboards to stand on before the battle. The water is very rich in oxygen; thus, if a Pokémon is immersed it will be fully able to breathe, although probably in a complete state of panic. The pool is easily large enough for three Wailord, so although they would be uncomfortable, both parties could use Wailord. There is no ground save the platforms; thus moves based on the ground are unusable. Water moves deal 2% more damage and cost 1% less energy. Any Pokéon is allowed, but Fire-types with open flames, Ground-types and Rock-types are not recommended, as contact with the water costs them 10% health per action they spend in contact with it. Levitating Pokéon will float above the water, and Pokémon wil not drown unless they get into a state of extreme panic and hyperventilate, as the oxygen level is insufficient for hyperventilation. Pokémon with Dry Skin, Hydration or Water Absorb will of course regain health at the respective rates. The water will conduct electricity but due to it having to go in every direction it has to strike very close to the target or it will be dissipated away. This conductivity means that electric-type moves deal damage to the user equal to 1/8 of the move's base damage if the user is underwater, unaffected by Motor Drive or similar. Also, the water will not freeze by any means and provides a highly effective thermal insulation; thus Fire- or Ice-type moves have their damage cut in half unless the two Pokémon are extremely close or both mostly out of the water, and Fire-type moves are impossible to use underwater (not like anyone would try that). The water is warm and soothes Burns, thus making the Freeze or Burn conditions impossible to inflict. The lack of plantlife also increases the energy cost for Grass-type moves to 1.5x. The water is not salty enough for Brine or dirty enough for Muddy Water. Poison in the water will instantly dissipate and be removed, as will Grimer and Muk who will be instantly KO'd. There are strong currents that randomly appear and disappear and will pull most Pokémon around. A storm may randomly appear (15% chance per round) and simulate Rain Dance, as well as have lightning strikes that have a 5% chance of hitting a Pokémon and have the same effects as Thunder. This storm disappears after two rounds, gradually weakening each action. Moving through water is difficult for non-aquatic Pokémon besides those that hover or are quite amphibian (like Croagunk) or reptilian (like Ekans); thus moving through the water to attack costs energy (decided by the referee) and attacks like Hi Jump Kick have their damage reduced (again, decided by the referee). Attacks based on manipulating the air (Gust, Air Cutter, etc.), things in the air (Silver Wind, Sleep Powder, etc.) or physical projectiles (Bullet Seed, etc.) are nullified if the target is more than about a metre underwater (or away from the user, if both are underwater).

Notes:
Switching is permitted once a Pokéon falls below 30% health and then only once per Pokémon, as well as the normal restrictions and rules of switching.
Ground-based moves include but are not limited to (I might have forgotten something!): Ancientpower, Avalanche, Dig, Earth Power, Earthquake, Fissure, Frenzy Plant, Ingrain, Lava Plume, Magma Storm, Magnitude, Mud Bomb, Mud Shot, Mud Sport, Mud-Slap, Muddy Water, Rock Blast, Rock Climb, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Rock Wrecker, Sand Tomb, Sand-Attack, Seed Flare, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, and Toxic Spikes. The referee will not stop a Pokémon from using any of these moves, they will just have no effect.
Also, Arena Trap and Honey Gather will not take effect due to respective restrictions; Pickup cannot take effect unless the Pokémon specifically dives to the bottom to pick up a shell, stone, etc.

</one of the longest and most poorly-worded things I've ever written on these forums, and totally not designed to give the advantage to my Gracey, Lizabeth, ZipZap and Toxic!>

Profile Here

Last edited:
Aaaa my first challenge that's actually written by myself and not heavily revised :<

4vs4 double
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, destructive moves such as Earthquake, 5 chills/Pokemon
Arena: Port Town Square

This quaint town by the sea has an old Italian feel. In the center of its residential area is a beautiful square of medium-large size, complete with a round fountain in its center. The square is enclosed by buildings of about three stories, mostly inns and apartments. There are streetlamps extending from the walls into the square and many windows with flowerboxes where birds like to perch. Residents will sometimes stop as they pass their window to watch the battle below, as light battles in the square are commonplace.

Other: Moves which involve direct contact with the ground (Dig, Ingrain, etc.) cost 5% more energy to use, due to the ground being beneath the paved and tiled square.
"Destructive moves" are restricted due to the public area, so as not to damage surrounding buildings too badly.
Battle is restricted to the square- no running into the streets or the ocean!
Due to the limited size of the square, your two Pokemon cannot reach a combined height of over 30'.

Last edited:
Aaaa my first challenge that's actually written by myself and not heavily revised :<

4vs4 double
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, devastating moves such as Earthquake, 5 chills/Pokemon
Arena: Port Town Square

This quaint town by the sea has an old Italian feel. In the center of its residential area is a beautiful square of medium-large size, complete with a round fountain in its center. The square is enclosed by buildings of about three stories, mostly inns and apartments. There are streetlamps extending from the walls into the square and many windows with flowerboxes where birds like to perch. Residents will sometimes stop as they pass their window to watch the battle below, as light battles in he square are commonplace.

Other: Moves which involve direct contact with the ground (Dig, Ingrain, etc.) cost 5% more energy to use, due to the ground being beneath the paved and tiled square.
"Devastating moves" are restricted due to the public area, so as not to damage surrounding buildings too badly.
Battle is restricted to the square- no running into the streets or the ocean!
Due to the limited size of the square, your two Pokemon cannot reach a combined height of over 30'.

Accepted!

Profile to be edited NOW!!

Last edited:
Battle Format: 1 vs 1 single
Battle Style: Set
DQ Time: 1 week
Banned and Restricted Moves: Everything Except Metronome

Arena: A built up City

The battle shall take place in a large, built up city, which wishes to remain anonymous for unknown reasons. There is a rather large square in which the battle shall mainly happen. There are, as you might expect, multiple large buildings, much bigger than a few wailord from head to flippers. These building are shhoddily built however, and will slowly fall down if some of the wall crumbles.

Additional Rules: All pokemon have infinite energy.

Destruction time. >:D

Battle Format: 1 vs 1 single
DQ Time: 1 week
Banned and Restricted Moves: Everything Except Metronome

Arena: A built up City

The battle shall take place in a large, built up city, which wishes to remain anonymous for unknown reasons. There is a rather large square in which the battle shall mainly happen. There are, as you might expect, multiple large buildings, much bigger than a few wailord from head to flippers. These building are shhoddily built however, and will slowly fall down if some of the wall crumbles.

Additional Rules: All pokemon have infinite energy.

Destruction time. >:D
Accepting this.

2 vs. 2 Double
Damage Cap: None.
Banned: Nothing.
Arena: THE ARENA OF DESTRUCTION!
Here it is. Sitting atop the small, forty-foot tall mountains, you have a great veiw of the landscape below. You see a big lake to the right, a magma pit to the left, and to the north...EBILNESS! It's the void! Each area is about 20 feet apart, leaving 60 feet of regular ground to stand on. Fire types can be commanded to enter the Magma pit, restoring 5% health and energy. Water types can do likewise with the lake, Ghost and Dark types can do the same with the void. If say, a Water types went into the void instead of the lake it would minus 5% health and energy. If a fire type goes into the Magma, he can make a large sacrafice for an advantage: He can give 10% health and 10% energy, and summon Groudon! If Groudon is summoned, he will turn the whole arena into a Magma pit for 5 rounds, causing 4% fire type damage to enemy pokemon ONLY. Water types can summon Kyogre, Dark and Ghost types can summon Darkrai, 4% Water damage for Kyogre, 4% Dark damage for Darkrai. The legendaries can't be fainted.

EXTRAS: Your pokemon will only gain health and energy the first three times they enter the void/magma/lake.

LET'S BREAK STUFF!

Profile ↓↓↓↓↓

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=356179&postcount=169

Last edited:
2 vs. 2 Double
Damage Cap: None.
Banned: Nothing.
Arena: THE ARENA OF DESTRUCTION!
Here it is. Sitting atop the small, forty-foot tall mountains, you have a great veiw of the landscape below. You see a big lake to the right, a magma pit to the left, and to the north...EBILNESS! It's the void! Each area is about 20 feet apart, leaving 60 feet of regular ground to stand on. Fire types can be commanded to enter the Magma pit, restoring 5% health and energy. Water types can do likewise with the lake, Ghost and Dark types can do the same with the void. If say, a Water types went into the void instead of the lake it would minus 5% health and energy. If a fire type goes into the Magma, he can make a large sacrafice for an advantage: He can give 10% health and 10% energy, and summon Groudon! If Groudon is summoned, he will turn the whole arena into a Magma pit for 5 rounds, causing 4% fire type damage to enemy pokemon ONLY. Water types can summon Kyogre, Dark and Ghost types can summon Darkrai, 4% Water damage for Kyogre, 4% Dark damage for Darkrai. The legendaries can't be fainted.

EXTRAS: Your pokemon will only gain health and energy the first three times they enter the void/magma/lake.

LET'S BREAK STUFF!

Profile ↓↓↓↓↓

http://www.dragonflycave.com/forums/showpost.php?p=356179&postcount=169

Strange, I'm not sure if legendaries are allowed, but if they are then Profile ~ ~

Last edited by a moderator:
Err......Dr frank...that is a 3 vs 3, you only have two Pokemon...Fighting handicapped, are we? Kiddin'. I HEREBY CHANGE THIS BATTLE TO A 2 VS. 2 DOUBLE BATTLE! And I think legendaries are legal. I've seen 'em on other challenges. *Goes to change '2' to '3'*

Battle Format: 2vs2 Single
DQ: One Week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned: OHKO Moves, Weather Moves, Chilling, Direct Healing Moves, Moves with an original base power of 100 or higher
Arena: Tower of Chasms

The Tower of Chasms is located in a mountain range close to Kanto. It used to be a huge tourist attraction, before is was closed down. The reason: frequent visits by Darkrai. Now no one goes into the tower. Any one who does, disappears... so why not have a battle here?

Once every four turns, there is 20% chance that one of the pokémon battling will fall into a moderate sleep. Since Dark, Ghost and Psychic are used to power such as those, Darkrai's powers don't affect them. Kanto's government also named the Tower of Chasms as an ancient wonder, so it must not be damaged in any way. No moves with an original base power of 100 or higher can be used. Weather moves are not allowed either, as the battle will be inside.

Additional Rules: No water, so no fish pokémon. The arena is too small for Waillord.

Here's my profile.

Battle Format: 2vs2 Single
DQ: One Week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned: OHKO Moves, Weather Moves, Chilling, Direct Healing Moves, Moves with an original base power of 100 or higher
Arena: Tower of Chasms

The Tower of Chasms is located in a mountain range close to Kanto. It used to be a huge tourist attraction, before is was closed down. The reason: frequent visits by Darkrai. Now no one goes into the tower. Any one who does, disappears... so why not have a battle here?

Once every four turns, there is 20% chance that one of the pokémon battling will fall into a moderate sleep. Since Dark, Ghost and Psychic are used to power such as those, Darkrai's powers don't affect them. Kanto's government also named the Tower of Chasms as an ancient wonder, so it must not be damaged in any way. No moves with an original base power of 100 or higher can be used. Weather moves are not allowed either, as the battle will be inside.

Additional Rules: No water, so no fish pokémon. The arena is too small for Waillord.

Here's my profile.

I do think that it is on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom