• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Psymon

Include the profile links of all participants in your post if you're going to be accepting a challenge that multiple other people have already taken.

I would like to challenge someone.

4vs4 single
Style: Don't Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Splash (Because I don't want to cheat.)
Arena: The River
The river is a river in the middle of a grassy plain. The river is calm and hardly moves. There are two rocks in the middle of the river for some Pokemon to stand on.
Other: There is a 5% chance that the river may start moving quickly, sweeping away Pokemon that are in it.

Pokemon may drink water to regain 5% energy, but doing this makes them vulnerable to attacks.

My profile is here.

4vs4 single
The river is a river in the middle of a grassy plain. The river is calm and hardly moves. There are two rocks in the middle of the river for some Pokemon to stand on.
Other: There is a 5% chance that the river may start moving quickly, sweeping away Pokemon that are in it.

Pokemon may drink water to regain 5% energy, but doing this makes them vulnerable to attacks.

My profile is here.

I'll accept this challenge.

As the first post says:

Please do not post in this thread to complain about how long it has taken for a referee to pick up your match. This is not likely to make anyone want to take it, and may in fact make them avoid it.

Additionally, if you look at the list of challenges waiting for refs on the front page, you haven't even been waiting that long--if you're talking about wait times then there are plenty of people who should come before you. Regardless, refs take matches based on interest--if no one finds your challenge particularly interesting at the moment, it won't be taken until it does strike someone's fancy. Be patient.

Anyway. Given the length of that list it seems like someone needs to take something else, so. Still having internet trouble to a degree, but hopefully I'll be able to keep up with Alraunne vs. syphondblade and Ruffledfeathers vs. Psymon. Stuff might be slow for the first few weeks but I do have a break coming up so. :B I WILL TRY.

And Negrek, you have Alraunne vs. Bobino's challenge up there twice. You've reversed the names but they're the same battle.

4vs4 single

My profile is here.

I'll accept this challenge.

Lovely. I'll take it. Expect the thread up soon.

Replacing my challenge for scyther with this:
--------
3vs3 single
Style: Set
DQ: 6 Days
Damage Cap: 80%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, 'chills' limited to 10/pokémon, 1 direct healer/pokemon

Arena: Jello Square of Gigantism

the following field has been made;

A humongous, wiggling, jiggling, shivering cube of gelatin, plopped down in the very deserted clearing that once held an oversized, piping-hot blueberry pie. The slippery surface of the delectable dessert itself is divided in half, each half a color of a battler's choosing. Any Pokémon that would be otherwise forced to fall off of the battlefield will be stopped by the mystical Jello spirits protecting the area and lifted back up. The arena itself is large enough for a battle between a couple of Snorlax, with room to spare.

Every round, the Jello flavor on the field will change. The changes are as follows, and each has a 10% chance of happening:

Clear- No effect.
Cherry- +1 attack to anyone who eats it.
Blue Rasberry- +1 defense to anyone who eats it.
Strawberry- +1 special attack to anyone who eats it.
Lime- +1 special defense to anyone who eats it.
Piña Colada-tov Cocktail- Explosive; causes roughly 5% typless damage if thrown, plus the normal damage taken from a projectile; highly combustable and causes mild heartburn if consumed.
Root Beer- Causes all Pokémon (and trainers) to float slightly and weigh one-fourth of normal weight for the entire round.
Coffee- Gives standard level of energy for a chill and does not count towards chill counter. Causes mild confusion three actions after consumption.
Green Tea- Cures any status effects other than Freeze and Attracted when eaten. Gives 5% health to all pokémon the first time it appears.
Pudding- The field turns to Jello-brand pudding for the round, but magically retains its cube shape, except on the top. -1 speed to Pokémon.
Watermelon- Increases the power of all projectile attacks by x1.5.

There is an equal chance of all of the flavor changes, but if the referee rolls the same flavor as the previous round, he/she must reroll until a different one is randomly selected. In addition, chills are replaced by the order to eat jello, which replenishes the same amount of energy as a chill would.

Other: Large puddles of melted jello will be automatically provided for water-dependent Pokémon. These can also be requested at the release of any Pokémon. Any and all water-type moves will immediately turn to jello-juice as it leaves the user's various orifices, and moves like Surf (which are fueled by a rather large part of the field liquifying) will form out of liquified gelatin.
------------
I know Blastoise made this, but I still can use this, right?

Profileur De Profiteur

DarthWaffles used challenge!

2vs2 Single
DQ time: Standard Week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: Weather Moves, Attract, Rest, 1 instant recovery/pokemon and 4 'chills'/pokemon.

Arena: Mega-Ultra Box
The Mega-Ultra box is as its name suggests, a box. There is no exit, and no possible way to leave. The box is made of Chucknorrisium, which is completely immune to absolutely everything, so damaging the box is impossible. Thus, Dig is unusable, despite that its not banned. The box quite spacious, almost as large as half a soccer field, and being about 10m high. Therefore, Fly is usable, but you can't fly to a really impressive height.

Effects: Every action, there is a 1% chance that Chuck Norris' aura will amplify on his very own mineral, and may exert increased Chuck Norris levels. If this happens, a Mini – Roundhouse Kick will be delivered to anyone that may be inside the box, including trainers and referees(If it hits them nothing significant happens, save pain). If this hits a pokemon however, it deals 5% typeless damage and moves them to the bottom of the priority bracket that turn.

Project Waffles
---------
This be ma first challenge, and if all goes well, my first battle too.

DarthWaffles used challenge!

2vs2 Single
DQ time: Standard Week
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: Weather Moves, Attract, Rest, 1 instant recovery/pokemon and 4 'chills'/pokemon.

Arena: Mega-Ultra Box
The Mega-Ultra box is as its name suggests, a box. There is no exit, and no possible way to leave. The box is made of Chucknorrisium, which is completely immune to absolutely everything, so damaging the box is impossible. Thus, Dig is unusable, despite that its not banned. The box quite spacious, almost as large as half a soccer field, and being about 10m high. Therefore, Fly is usable, but you can't fly to a really impressive height.

Effects: Every action, there is a 1% chance that Chuck Norris' aura will amplify on his very own mineral, and may exert increased Chuck Norris levels. If this happens, a Mini – Roundhouse Kick will be delivered to anyone that may be inside the box, including trainers and referees(If it hits them nothing significant happens, save pain). If this hits a pokemon however, it deals 5% typeless damage and moves them to the bottom of the priority bracket that turn.

Project Waffles

CHUCK NORRIS!! I accept.

MAKING A CHALLENGE FOR MOONAY CAUSE I CAN <: TRICKSY GOBLINS~

2vs2 Single
Style: Switch
DQ time: One Week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: 1 Direct Healing Move per Pokémon, 3 Chills per Pokémon
Arena: Tricksy Village

Once home to thieves, underwear gnomes and tricksy goblins of all sorts, Tricksy Village drips with seediness. Although now deserted, folks who visit here feel as if their demeanour is some how affected; some descending into downright kleptomania.
The landscape itself is not particularly interesting, and the homes have long been cleared of any valuables, so the trainers must turn their shifty impulses towards each other, sneaking around trying not to be heard by their opponent and hoping to nab something of value.

Effects: Commands will be issued in secret, and so there is no turn order in this match, and instead of posting move commands in the thread itself each competitor will PM the ref - only revealed once the round itself starts.
Pokémon may be switched out at will as a one-turn action, and switching has absolute priority to any move; meaning the Pokémon being shifted into the fight will always take the damage from that turn. Switches do -not- have to be posted in advance in the thread itself, however if a Pokémon is knocked out and that person's second Pokémon has not yet been revealed by switching, they must specify who they send out before commands are issued again.

In addition, the start-of round coin flip will have a different meaning. When the round starts, each competitor will get to choose one of their opponent's Pokémon from their active party to 'steal' until the end of the match. The winner of the flip chooses first (Or last, depending on how you look at it) and both 'steals' are posted in the thread and known by each person. The Pokémon who is stolen may be used for the duration of the match only by their respective captor if they choose to, and if so any XP they gain may be delegated to another active party member at the end of the match.

*Eyes Moony's party* kekeke

Rawr Challenge!

Format: 2v2 Double
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 37% (Because I can)
Banned/Restricted: Direct Healing, Two turn attacks, Surf, Dive, Waterfall, etc, and OHKOs (chills limited to 3/Pokemon)
Arena Name: The Bottomless Pit
Arena Description: A five meter by five meter pit that is surrounded by a variety of rocky outcroppings. As the name suggests, the pit is bottomless, so any fall is an instant KO. However, the pit seems to exert a spiritual force that prevents anybody from coming within two meters of it. This makes it so a Hariyama couldn't simply drag a Pachirisu to the edge and throw it in (though there is nothing stopping the Hariyama from throwing the Pachirisu from outside the two meters). Surrounding the pit are rock ledges, pillars, and small dips and rises in the ground, a long with many pebbles, and a few boulders. There are four pillars surrounding the pit. In relativity to the pit, each one rests in line with one of the four main cardinal directions. This is where the Pokemon are first sent out. If any Pokemon proceeds down the ledges at a fast pace, there is a 25% chance they will trip and scrape themselves against the rock, causing the Pokemon to take the same amount of damage they would take from a rock-type attack with a power of 40. Rock, Ground, Flying, and Ghost types are immune to this.
Additional Rules: No water-types that can't survive out of water.

Ze Profile

Rawr Challenge!

Format: 2v2 Double
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 37% (Because I can)
Banned/Restricted: Direct Healing, Two turn attacks, Surf, Dive, Waterfall, etc, and OHKOs (chills limited to 3/Pokemon)
Arena Name: The Bottomless Pit
Arena Description: A five meter by five meter pit that is surrounded by a variety of rocky outcroppings. As the name suggests, the pit is bottomless, so any fall is an instant KO. However, the pit seems to exert a spiritual force that prevents anybody from coming within two meters of it. This makes it so a Hariyama couldn't simply drag a Pachirisu to the edge and throw it in (though there is nothing stopping the Hariyama from throwing the Pachirisu from outside the two meters). Surrounding the pit are rock ledges, pillars, and small dips and rises in the ground, a long with many pebbles, and a few boulders. There are four pillars surrounding the pit. In relativity to the pit, each one rests in line with one of the four main cardinal directions. This is where the Pokemon are first sent out. If any Pokemon proceeds down the ledges at a fast pace, there is a 25% chance they will trip and scrape themselves against the rock, causing the Pokemon to take the same amount of damage they would take from a rock-type attack with a power of 40. Rock, Ground, Flying, and Ghost types are immune to this.
Additional Rules: No water-types that can't survive out of water.

Ze Profile

I accept 'cause the voices told me to. ~Le Profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom