• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Radish HQ

Let's take Kegami the krabby and see if we can't persuade the poor fellow (INSIDE THE BUILDING ITSELF) that he'll be in a pinch if we couldn't kindly liberate one of his stock.
[ --! He scrambles up when Kegami clicks its claws. He looks at the krabby with a glint in his eye: lunch. ... but it's big. Decisions, decisions.

... He's not in the mood to try losing a finger today. ]

I won't tell anyone as long as you tell me if you see anything you think I might be looking for. Deal?

[ There's a shiny rock by his feet either way. It looks like it might be valuable. What do you do? ]
I'll have a go in the Caves. Let's send out Electivire.

*Puts five pounds in tip jar.*
Electivire was either a particularly good choice or a particularly poor one. It startles up a small camel, but it runs off, leaving a few fragments of something shiny in its wake. Whether or not you want it, it seems that the electivire does.

While the numel escaped, the electivire was able to subdue a loudred. Victory?

One (1) small bag's worth of stardust and one (1) female loudred.
I wanna 'Mon plox. D: Taking York the Froslass with me! <333
Which area?
I'll take my loyal lover pet Laerin the Arcanine to the Nigori caves.
Jackpot! ... Sort of. Laerin's able to take down two bats and a growlithe before a blueish glint worries it and it drags you off.

Two (2) zubat (one male, one female) and one (1) female growlithe.
I'm gonna get the hobo out of the way.
[ He's easy enough to rouse from his nap, but it doesn't seem like he wants to move very far. Negotiating might be a better option, unless you can find something to scare him off. ]

Hey, I didn't do anything!

...can i toast him with flamethrower Alright, here, $3 (unless i can toast him with flamethrower... XD)

[ You could probably try that, but I don't think he'd be happy at all. No blasting for now. ]

-- thanks!

[ He pockets it, then remembers the sign. ] Let me know if you see anything you think I'd be looking for, okay?

[ It's probably a safe assumption that the female wurmple that pops up isn't one of his priorities. ]

Oh sorry

Cave please
The weather (... courtesy of something using either Sunny Day or Rain Dance somewhere) kind of really sucks.

You do, however, find a red shard and some stardust before a male poochyena shows up and chases you and the froslass off. Maybe it wasn't a good choice?

There's something foreboding about the whole thing....

One (1) red shard; one (1) small bag of stardust.

[ --! He scrambles up when Kegami clicks its claws. He looks at the krabby with a glint in his eye: lunch. ... but it's big. Decisions, decisions.

... He's not in the mood to try losing a finger today. ]

I won't tell anyone as long as you tell me if you see anything you think I might be looking for. Deal?

[ There's a shiny rock by his feet either way. It looks like it might be valuable. What do you do? ]

[ Aww. She can hear the man's stomach rumbling from here. Does she have any food...?

She sets down her messenger bag, pets Kegami and ruffles through the minimized pokéballs of one section (inconspicuously palming the shiny rock in the process). Ah, there it is. It's not lunch - she wouldn't sacrifice any of her own pokémon for that - but maybe she'll brighten up that garden of his.

She picks up the bag and maximizes Larissa the carnivine's pokéball, wordlessly presenting it to the man with a smile. ]

[ Aww. She can hear the man's stomach rumbling from here. Does she have any food...?

She sets down her messenger bag, pets Kegami and ruffles through the minimized pokéballs of one section (inconspicuously palming the shiny rock in the process). Ah, there it is. It's not lunch - she wouldn't sacrifice any of her own pokémon for that - but maybe she'll brighten up that garden of his.

She picks up the bag and maximizes Larissa the carnivine's pokéball, wordlessly presenting it to the man with a smile. ]
[ -- omg best day ever. Okay, best day ever would involve lunch, but second-best day ever. NEW BEST FRIEND you are nicer than Jessie and Meowth even if you do not cook your krabby

Also, obtained one sun stone.]

What?

[ HE PRESSES THE BUTTON AND --
jamescarnivine.png

-- yeah okay he loves you forever ]

-- thank you! Feel free to look around, but let me know if you see any of my Pokemon, okay? My carnivine and cacnea got lost somehow.

They'll probably try to bite your head.

[ WILL YOU BE GOING ON AN ~ADVENTURE~? ... You could probably ask him to come along with you. ]

Last edited:
[ -- omg best day ever. Okay, best day ever would involve lunch, but second-best day ever. NEW BEST FRIEND you are nicer than Jessie and James even if you do not cook your krabby ]

What?

[ HE PRESSES THE BUTTON AND --
jamescarnivine.png

-- yeah okay he loves you forever ]

-- thank you! Feel free to look around, but let me know if you see any of my Pokemon, okay? My carnivine and cacnea got lost somehow.

They'll probably try to bite your head.

[ WILL YOU BE GOING ON AN ~ADVENTURE~? ... You could probably ask him to come along with you. ]

((wait, nicer than jessie and 'james'? and mind noting the stone?))

[ Of course she's going on an adventure. This is the pokémon world; she's eternally on an adventure. But where will this adventure lead?

She frowns at the... it's not a garden, it looks more like a field of dirt with tall sticks strewn through it. Still, there are signs of pokémon... supposedly maybe.

She shuffles through her remaining pokéballs (she needs some kind of organizing system but refuses to take advantage of the PC system; they're too few and far between Safari Zone areas to be useful). Something that'll do well in this environment and a capability to incapacitate, seeing as there's no pokémarts around to grab pokéballs from. (Areas that gave them out had to mail-order them. But now she was getting into a tangent in her own thoughts.)

Ah, Tekkanin. Nincada were bugs, of course, so they worked with this dirt-forest. And he could probably string shot. And bugs were... something against the aforementioned grass pokémon; she couldn't remember if it was better or worse. Hopefully the former. She releases the insect pokémon, and with a buzz of his wings he perches on the mess of her curly locks.

While she's thinking about it, she flips through the bills in her wallet and removes a crisp ten. A few seconds later and it's an origami ring. She gently grasps the hobo's hand, slips it on his finger, and nods decisively. The nominal fee and some pocket money; it sure looks like he can use it more than she can.

Still, that won't come free. If he comes with her, it'll be two pairs of eyes looking - for his missing pokémon and any new ones for her. (Plus however many counts for Tekkanin.) She gestures to Kegami to man - well, to crab - the tip barrel, warding off anyone who'd want to steal from this poor, sad little man. Now she pulls on the blue-haired man's wrist, jerking her head sharply towards the depths of the dirt-grove. (She's managed not to speak for a whole day before, and is trying for a week this time. She even talks to herself in pantomime! It's all worked out so far.)

Adventuuuure! ]

((I am loving RP-acceptable areas))

((wait, nicer than jessie and 'james'? and mind noting the stone?))

[ Of course she's going on an adventure. This is the pokémon world; she's eternally on an adventure. But where will this adventure lead?

She frowns at the... it's not a garden, it looks more like a field of dirt with tall sticks strewn through it. Still, there are signs of pokémon... supposedly maybe.

She shuffles through her remaining pokéballs (she needs some kind of organizing system but refuses to take advantage of the PC system; they're too few and far between Safari Zone areas to be useful). Something that'll do well in this environment and a capability to incapacitate, seeing as there's no pokémarts around to grab pokéballs from. (Areas that gave them out had to mail-order them. But now she was getting into a tangent in her own thoughts.)

Ah, Tekkanin. Nincada were bugs, of course, so they worked with this dirt-forest. And he could probably string shot. And bugs were... something against the aforementioned grass pokémon; she couldn't remember if it was better or worse. Hopefully the former. She releases the insect pokémon, and with a buzz of his wings he perches on the mess of her curly locks.

While she's thinking about it, she flips through the bills in her wallet and removes a crisp ten. A few seconds later and it's an origami ring. She gently grasps the hobo's hand, slips it on his finger, and nods decisively. The nominal fee and some pocket money; it sure looks like he can use it more than she can.

Still, that won't come free. If he comes with her, it'll be two pairs of eyes looking - for his missing pokémon and any new ones for her. (Plus however many counts for Tekkanin.) She gestures to Kegami to man - well, to crab - the tip barrel, warding off anyone who'd want to steal from this poor, sad little man. Now she pulls on the blue-haired man's wrist, jerking her head sharply towards the depths of the dirt-grove. (She's managed not to speak for a whole day before, and is trying for a week this time. She even talks to herself in pantomime! It's all worked out so far.)

Adventuuuure! ]

((I am loving RP-acceptable areas))
(( Haha perhaps I shouldn't post while mostly asleep. Ah well! Fixed, fixed~ ... I don't really want to play out THE ADVENTURE ITSELF so. ))

[ He seems completely satisfied with this arrangement, if a bit surprised by Mail-Order Lunch looking after the tip barrel. ... Also sad that it's staying a krabby and not a delicious crab cake. It'd probably be tastier if it was blue, though.

The sad excuse for a garden, however, seems to have a lot of bugs already in it. Tekkanin seems happy enough, but it might've been better to grab a flying- or fire-type. Or perhaps not. It probably doesn't matter, given that the amazing hobo brought a (possibly familiar?) mime jr with him. Together, you're ... okay!

In retrospect, Tekkanin probably was a good choice, as it roots up a flower bud, revealing a pokemon. It doesn't try to fight; it seems to have decided that it is Caught and simply follows you along. It might just not want to be eaten.

The tapir that shows up later, on the other hand, does want a battle! ... James seems a bit surprised to even see a drowzee there, but your nincada's X-Scissor (who used a TM on it?) and the mime jr's Teeter Dance subdue it fairly quickly, but nincada doesn't seem to be feeling up to battling after that. At least you've got your new hobo BFF, eh?

Mime Jr finds a piece of pottery, which James doesn't particularly want, so it gives it to the nincada, which gives it to you. It might be useful.

The silcoon that later shows up is easy enough to grab, given that it probably didn't even notice.

Aaaaand then there's a carnivine, which promptly attempts to eat James's face. It might just be luck.

It's not his. It's very sad! -- except that he doesn't have any pokeballs and he's looking for his carnivine, not some other one.

It seems to like you, at least. It's very friendly. ]

[ Obtained one (1) female budew, one (1) male drowzee, one (1) yellow shard, one (1) female silcoon, one (1) male carnivine! ]

You've just nabbed a sleeping male ekans when you're abducted by an unidentified flying object. What the fuck?

WHAT DO YOU DO

((That sounds intriguing and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.))

That weird girl is back again. She'd like to examine the telephone and maybe see where that culinary smell is coming from. If nothing crops up, she'll try something more concrete. (If something does crop up, of course, let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes.) Probably money will be exchanged at some point.

((And I will totally get on that thing we were speaking of tomorrow /o\))

$X to go wherever is the most interesting/wacky, por favor.

Gogogo Cottonbutt the Swablu.
I'll get to this in a bit. Posting from school~
((That sounds intriguing and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.))

That weird girl is back again. She'd like to examine the telephone and maybe see where that culinary smell is coming from. If nothing crops up, she'll try something more concrete. (If something does crop up, of course, let's see how deep the rabbit hole goes.) Probably money will be exchanged at some point.

((And I will totally get on that thing we were speaking of tomorrow /o\))
(( Hm? ))

The phone sparks as you pick it up. "I don't remember asking," someone says.

"I'll have someone check it out as soon as I can."

"We've already lost three this week. See that you do."

No one says anything for a few minutes (though the line still sounds connected?) so you hang the phone up again. It seemed like a good idea not to interrupt. The place still looks mostly abandoned; however the man downstairs got in, it wasn't through the front door.

You check the book next to the phone, more for completeness' sake than anything else. It looks like there're more pages accessible than there were last time, but they look blank.

With the phone accounted for, you go off to look for the source of the smell! The kitchen's easy enough to find, or at least a door labelled KITCHEN is, but the door's locked. It smells like someone's making an omelet badly, but you don't hear anything.

Now what?

Locked, eh. We'll see about that. It could be that guy near that dirt field making lunch, and maybe she could help!

She first wonders about the existence of lock-picking pokémon, but after fiddling around in her bag (she does need like, a list in a notebook or some kind of sorting system for serious), she figures that if there are any, she doesn't have them. Knocking the door down probably wouldn't take too much power, but she's reminded of that poor guy - if this is his house, she'd want to replace the door afterwards somehow... too much effort.

She pauses on Nidorino the gengar's pokéball, considering the possibility of transubstantiation or something, but then notices Pierre the abra's right next to it. Ah, should have thought of that before.

She maximizes it and releases Pierre, gesturing towards the door and thinking loudly about her intentions. That's one benefit of psychic pokémon, she can keep her not-talking streak! ... The abra appears kind of... unconscious, but she's pretty sure she got the message across. She grips the psy pokémon's tiny claw and blinks to the other side of the door.

Sadly, that guy by the dirt field is taking a nap around where he was napping before. He's been making friends with the local wurmple population: he probably won't be happy when he wakes up. However, that has nothing to do with anything.

Abras are really good at acting in their sleep. It's up for grabs whether Pierre's responsible, but you can hear what's on the other side now! There's a sound much like a refrigerator door opening, then footsteps, then a door being unlocked and opening, and --

"Clef, clef~!"

-- you are now someplace else. It is brown and sort of dark.

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Back
Top Bottom