• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Radish HQ

Sadly, that guy by the dirt field is taking a nap around where he was napping before. He's been making friends with the local wurmple population: he probably won't be happy when he wakes up. However, that has nothing to do with anything.

Abras are really good at acting in their sleep. It's up for grabs whether Pierre's responsible, but you can hear what's on the other side now! There's a sound much like a refrigerator door opening, then footsteps, then a door being unlocked and opening, and --

"Clef, clef~!"

-- you are now someplace else. It is brown and sort of dark.

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

put all except lamp into case

oh god oh god oh GOD OH god oh god how did this get here she is not good with computer

"Pierre Pierre Pierre use flash you can do that right or sunny day or /something/ agh," she mumbles quickly - well, that was half a week anyway. She kind of has more important things on her mind like /where the hell is she/-- and where's Pierre, he is still here right? She clutches her bag closely, ready to start flinging pokéballs at the first sign of ... something, whatever's in the daaaaaark

Maybe there's a more mechanical way to let there be light. Like a light switch. She waves her arms around blindly, trying not to whimper.

put all except lamp into case

oh god oh god oh GOD OH god oh god how did this get here she is not good with computer

"Pierre Pierre Pierre use flash you can do that right or sunny day or /something/ agh," she mumbles quickly - well, that was half a week anyway. She kind of has more important things on her mind like /where the hell is she/-- and where's Pierre, he is still here right? She clutches her bag closely, ready to start flinging pokéballs at the first sign of ... something, whatever's in the daaaaaark

Maybe there's a more mechanical way to let there be light. Like a light switch. She waves her arms around blindly, trying not to whimper.
Pierre, with the foresight born of never visibly paying attention in his life, flips the lightswitch on the ceiling.

You are in a cube-shaped room, probably about 8-tatami (it looks sort of traditional japanese except for most of the furniture being nailed to the walls and ceiling), and you are probably alone. All of your pokeballs are still near you! ... but there's not much nearby.

The air pressure's really, really weird -- your ears might've just popped; maybe you have some gum with you? -- and you can hear a faint buzzing sound. If you look down, you'll see a glass panel, showing all of ... sky. The night sky, in fact.

There're no doors, and something tells you that breaking the glass would be a bad idea. For example, it's below you! That could be bad.

After a few minutes, a tatami mat on the wall (what the hell interior decorating) vanishes to reveal an opening. It looks mostly safe.

Pierre, with the foresight born of never visibly paying attention in his life, flips the lightswitch on the ceiling.

You are in a cube-shaped room, probably about 8-tatami (it looks sort of traditional japanese except for most of the furniture being nailed to the walls and ceiling), and you are probably alone. All of your pokeballs are still near you! ... but there's not much nearby.

The air pressure's really, really weird -- your ears might've just popped; maybe you have some gum with you? -- and you can hear a faint buzzing sound. If you look down, you'll see a glass panel, showing all of ... sky. The night sky, in fact.

There're no doors, and something tells you that breaking the glass would be a bad idea. For example, it's below you! That could be bad.

After a few minutes, a tatami mat on the wall (what the hell interior decorating) vanishes to reveal an opening. It looks mostly safe.

She considers turning the light off again.

She would hug the ground except the ground isn't the ground, it's glass and stars and what. Where and why and she picks up Pierre, deciding to hug him instead. Abra were supposed to teleport out of danger, right? So either this wasn't dangerous enough or he was an extraordinarily brave abra. She has taffy in her pack but the air pressure is kind of not the first thing on her mind at the moment.

Then maybe it's slowing or stopping - glass elevator, Willy Wynaut and the Poffin Factory style? well, obviously not 'style', but - it's a bit hard to tell velocity.

And then the wall opens.

She'd be an idiot to go and an idiot to stay. Can she compromise...? She pokes her head outside the door carefully, keeping her charmander's pokéball in her hand in case... in case.

She considers turning the light off again.

She would hug the ground except the ground isn't the ground, it's glass and stars and what. Where and why and she picks up Pierre, deciding to hug him instead. Abra were supposed to teleport out of danger, right? So either this wasn't dangerous enough or he was an extraordinarily brave abra. She has taffy in her pack but the air pressure is kind of not the first thing on her mind at the moment.

Then maybe it's slowing or stopping - glass elevator, Willy Wynaut and the Poffin Factory style? well, obviously not 'style', but - it's a bit hard to tell velocity.

And then the wall opens.

She'd be an idiot to go and an idiot to stay. Can she compromise...? She pokes her head outside the door carefully, keeping her charmander's pokéball in her hand in case... in case.
(( I ... AM GOING TO BED. ))

Even if you tried, the light switch only turns on from there.

Outside there is ... more things nailed to walls, and an igglybuff trying to fry eggs. It doesn't seem to be doing a very good job. After a moment, it notices you and promptly wails. Congratulations, you have made an ugly baby pokemon cry.

A few Pokémon run over at that, and a few things become clear: one, that you are well off the ground and possibly rising; two, that you have been abducted by clefairy; and three, that unless you make a very good impression on said clefairy, you may be SOL. And they don't seem to be very fond of humans, from the tone of their chittering. When it seems that you'll be completely left in the dark -- apparently clefairy have their own crazy moon language -- you get ... sort of lucky.

The clefairy -- and the cleffa and the occasional clefable -- all back up to make room for a funky-coloured clefairy wearing a pickelhaube, which looks at you and says, in clear English, "Why are you here?"

(( I ... AM GOING TO BED. ))

Even if you tried, the light switch only turns on from there.

Outside there is ... more things nailed to walls, and an igglybuff trying to fry eggs. It doesn't seem to be doing a very good job. After a moment, it notices you and promptly wails. Congratulations, you have made an ugly baby pokemon cry.

A few Pokémon run over at that, and a few things become clear: one, that you are well off the ground and possibly rising; two, that you have been abducted by clefairy; and three, that unless you make a very good impression on said clefairy, you may be SOL. And they don't seem to be very fond of humans, from the tone of their chittering. When it seems that you'll be completely left in the dark -- apparently clefairy have their own crazy moon language -- you get ... sort of lucky.

The clefairy -- and the cleffa and the occasional clefable -- all back up to make room for a funky-coloured clefairy wearing a pickelhaube, which looks at you and says, in clear English, "Why are you here?"

There is nothing that has happened so far that hasn't made her want to scream.

She's actually never seen a clefairy in real life - they were her favorite pokémon when she was like six, like most little girls, and she used a Clefairy in Space lunchbox for a few years, but they're so rare! - but in every picture she's ever seen of them, they've been smiling and happy. Always so cute and laughing, like at some secret joke humans could never comprehend.

These guys aren't laughing. Or smiling. The incongruity between the adorable pink plush doll-like pokémon and the scowls on their faces makes for an almost funny picture, but given the situation... she's not laughing either.

Okay. Okay. So now. What now. Options include... fight-- against a caravan's worth of clefairy that are probably the only way off - down - out of this place.

Not an option.

Flight - running away from a caravan's worth of etc etc - also not an option.

So um.

Oh, hey. A clefairy. A shiny clefairy. Of course. That speaks English. Why not. No less comprehensible than anything else.

So. It seems diplomacy is the only option. Too bad she can't think of anything that wouldn't get her on the wrong end of a metronome... or that stabbity hat.

She opens her mouth to ask, "Why were you in the kitchen?" But closes her mouth without saying anything - it was abandoned... mostly-- shit, was that place a clefairy nest? Weren't they only deep in the mountains?

Maybe she just better answer the question truthfully before they decide to throw her in the airlock. "I... I'm here..." because of my damned curiosity; self, didn't your mama ever tell you curiosity killed the delcatty "... because I smelled someone cooking... and I wanted to help?" great answer, /great/ answer, self.

She drops the pokéball in her bag and holds up her palms in surrender. "I mean you no harm. I come in peace."

What else could you say?

There is nothing that has happened so far that hasn't made her want to scream.

She's actually never seen a clefairy in real life - they were her favorite pokémon when she was like six, like most little girls, and she used a Clefairy in Space lunchbox for a few years, but they're so rare! - but in every picture she's ever seen of them, they've been smiling and happy. Always so cute and laughing, like at some secret joke humans could never comprehend.

These guys aren't laughing. Or smiling. The incongruity between the adorable pink plush doll-like pokémon and the scowls on their faces makes for an almost funny picture, but given the situation... she's not laughing either.

Okay. Okay. So now. What now. Options include... fight-- against a caravan's worth of clefairy that are probably the only way off - down - out of this place.

Not an option.

Flight - running away from a caravan's worth of etc etc - also not an option.

So um.

Oh, hey. A clefairy. A shiny clefairy. Of course. That speaks English. Why not. No less comprehensible than anything else.

So. It seems diplomacy is the only option. Too bad she can't think of anything that wouldn't get her on the wrong end of a metronome... or that stabbity hat.

She opens her mouth to ask, "Why were you in the kitchen?" But closes her mouth without saying anything - it was abandoned... mostly-- shit, was that place a clefairy nest? Weren't they only deep in the mountains?

Maybe she just better answer the question truthfully before they decide to throw her in the airlock. "I... I'm here..." because of my damned curiosity; self, didn't your mama ever tell you curiosity killed the delcatty "... because I smelled someone cooking... and I wanted to help?" great answer, /great/ answer, self.

She drops the pokéball in her bag and holds up her palms in surrender. "I mean you no harm. I come in peace."

What else could you say?
(( YEAAAAAAAAAH SHORT POSTS ))

On the plus side, unlike the igglybuff (which is now clinging to a pair of clefable while muttering something that sounds suspiciously like "what the buff"), you have yet to visibly freak the fuck out.

Well, you did end up in their spaceship without them knowing (not that you had much of a choice in the matter, either). That kind of puts a damper on human/alien relations. Usually the clefairy were at least aware that humans were nearby; they're not exactly known for their outgoing natures, even if they're usually friendly and cheery.

"What?" Whatever the clefairy was expecting as a response, that probably wasn't it: it looks at the igglybuff, then at you, then at one of the clefable. "Unless you somehow mean --" and it points at the igglybuff; apparently either this clefairy doesn't use names or doesn't think the igglybuff has one that should be used, "-- I have no idea what you're talking about. Explain. ... All of it."

(( YEAAAAAAAAAH SHORT POSTS ))

On the plus side, unlike the igglybuff (which is now clinging to a pair of clefable while muttering something that sounds suspiciously like "what the buff"), you have yet to visibly freak the fuck out.

Well, you did end up in their spaceship without them knowing (not that you had much of a choice in the matter, either). That kind of puts a damper on human/alien relations. Usually the clefairy were at least aware that humans were nearby; they're not exactly known for their outgoing natures, even if they're usually friendly and cheery.

"What?" Whatever the clefairy was expecting as a response, that probably wasn't it: it looks at the igglybuff, then at you, then at one of the clefable. "Unless you somehow mean --" and it points at the igglybuff; apparently either this clefairy doesn't use names or doesn't think the igglybuff has one that should be used, "-- I have no idea what you're talking about. Explain. ... All of it."

(( yes well your posts are totally better for all their conciseness. "I have made this letter longer than usual, only because I have not had time to make it shorter." ))

She whimpers silently, thinking I knew this was a bad idea except she didn't, she didn't think at all. And she should think of an eloquent lie - oh, I just got lost, this isn't the bathroom at all is it, silly me! - but parts of her brain are yelling at other parts of her brain and she doesn't know what to say at allllll.

There's no explanation beyond what she said: she smelled something cooking, basil or ginger bread or tumeric or something like that, and the door was locked (for a reasoooon) and so she got in. And now she's screwing over her chances of getting out of here, like a winner.

Maybe she won't be resigned to the airlock, maybe she could get lucky and just work as a servant like the iggly. That wouldn't be too bad, anyway, outer space adventures in outer space with some of the rarest pokémon on earth.

But ugh, anyway, her last thing went over as well as a lead drifloon. Now she's got to scramble and come up with something that doesn't lead to Bad End.

"Well, see, hi, my name's Midnight, and I'm kind of the owner... runnerish... overlooker of the Safari Zone, which is that big stretch of land somewhere... down there... and it kind of included that house that was near your um... craft? and so I was there looking for excitement adventure and really wild things and there was this door that said 'kitchen' and it was locked so I teleported in with Pierre" - the abra absently lifts a hand in acknowledgement - "and and then I was in your um tatami room and it was dark and there were stars and then the wall opened and I left and that thing started crying aaaand theeeeen Iiiiii waaaas heeere... ..."

She trails off at the end, aware she was rambling the whole time. But that was all of it...! Now maybe a few words towards her (potential) future. "And um. And I'd really appreciate it if you didn't throw me out of the airlock. I'm sorry I broke into your ship and I don't want to inconvenience you but I can help out maybe until your next trip back... Uh."

She wishes she had some kind of peace token, but presenting any pokémon she owned wouldn't make sense, she didn't have a moon stone (she did have the evolution pass, but on second thought there probably weren't any lack of moon stones in outer space), and what would an intergalactic cabal of clefairy want with cash? So she just leaves it at that and smiles a painful smile.

(( yes well your posts are totally better for all their conciseness. "I have made this letter longer than usual, only because I have not had time to make it shorter." ))

She whimpers silently, thinking I knew this was a bad idea except she didn't, she didn't think at all. And she should think of an eloquent lie - oh, I just got lost, this isn't the bathroom at all is it, silly me! - but parts of her brain are yelling at other parts of her brain and she doesn't know what to say at allllll.

There's no explanation beyond what she said: she smelled something cooking, basil or ginger bread or tumeric or something like that, and the door was locked (for a reasoooon) and so she got in. And now she's screwing over her chances of getting out of here, like a winner.

Maybe she won't be resigned to the airlock, maybe she could get lucky and just work as a servant like the iggly. That wouldn't be too bad, anyway, outer space adventures in outer space with some of the rarest pokémon on earth.

But ugh, anyway, her last thing went over as well as a lead drifloon. Now she's got to scramble and come up with something that doesn't lead to Bad End.

"Well, see, hi, my name's Midnight, and I'm kind of the owner... runnerish... overlooker of the Safari Zone, which is that big stretch of land somewhere... down there... and it kind of included that house that was near your um... craft? and so I was there looking for excitement adventure and really wild things and there was this door that said 'kitchen' and it was locked so I teleported in with Pierre" - the abra absently lifts a hand in acknowledgement - "and and then I was in your um tatami room and it was dark and there were stars and then the wall opened and I left and that thing started crying aaaand theeeeen Iiiiii waaaas heeere... ..."

She trails off at the end, aware she was rambling the whole time. But that was all of it...! Now maybe a few words towards her (potential) future. "And um. And I'd really appreciate it if you didn't throw me out of the airlock. I'm sorry I broke into your ship and I don't want to inconvenience you but I can help out maybe until your next trip back... Uh."

She wishes she had some kind of peace token, but presenting any pokémon she owned wouldn't make sense, she didn't have a moon stone (she did have the evolution pass, but on second thought there probably weren't any lack of moon stones in outer space), and what would an intergalactic cabal of clefairy want with cash? So she just leaves it at that and smiles a painful smile.
(( MINE ARE USUALLY CONCISE BECAUSE I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING THOUGH ))

The clefairy continues to scowl like a pro throughout the story, but at least it seems willing to give you a chance. Sort of. "... Uh ... huh. ... Do you, or have you ever, have any connections to Team Rocket?"

(( MINE ARE USUALLY CONCISE BECAUSE I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING THOUGH ))

The clefairy continues to scowl like a pro throughout the story, but at least it seems willing to give you a chance. Sort of. "... Uh ... huh. ... Do you, or have you ever, have any connections to Team Rocket?"

Well, that was simple enough to answer. "No, noooo nonono. Nope. Um. There has been a local infestation recently" and she should probably talk to Sayoko about that, they totally ruined the end of the last contest though at least there didn't seem to be any theft...? "-- but we're trying to stomp them out, so I don't have any personal 'connection' except for fighting against them go team?"

And of course, she had to turn a simple reply into a rambling one. Hopefully they weren't actually a cabal of Team Rocket clefairy. That would be... bad.

Well, that was simple enough to answer. "No, noooo nonono. Nope. Um. There has been a local infestation recently" and she should probably talk to Sayoko about that, they totally ruined the end of the last contest though at least there didn't seem to be any theft...? "-- but we're trying to stomp them out, so I don't have any personal 'connection' except for fighting against them go team?"

And of course, she had to turn a simple reply into a rambling one. Hopefully they weren't actually a cabal of Team Rocket clefairy. That would be... bad.
Hey, that attack by Team Rocket was their most successful one in years. ... Which possibly says something about their success rate. Also, page two has been claimed in the name of Team Rocket!

The clefairy finally seems satisfied; at least, it gives a thumbs-up and says something positive-sounding to the other clefairy. "You see," it says, and begins to explain. Apparently, the abandoned building was, at one point, some rich family or another's vacation home in the middle of a swamp! Which is really a rather depressing place to go on vacation, but there was (until recently) a wide variety of Pokémon living in the caves nearby.

One of the problems of having a vacation home in the middle of nowhere, of course, is that there's no way to know who's in it when you're away. The extensive cave system in and around the area resonates with a few locations on the major islands so that it's incredibly easy to teleport from there to anywhere similar. As a result, it'd been occasionally used as a Team Rocket hideout for the past five years, though the clefairy are pretty sure it's also been a legitimate tourist spot. For a given value of 'tourism', at any rate.

Normally, they wouldn't concern themselves particularly with Earthly affairs -- many of the clefable were born offworld and, with the exceptions of the Captain and his family (his parents and his two sisters, neither of whom are present; the younger one is with the igglybuff's family as part of a foreign exchange/language immersion program and he's not entirely sure what happened to his older sister), none of the clefairy understand normal forms of Pokémon speech -- but the caves are rich in moon stone, and without the stone, they have problems keeping their Gravity fields active.

Clefairy, and the moon stone they love, are rare and valuable. Even though the clefairy have established themselves as off-limits through judicious use of Meteor Mash -- and when the clefairy in question still have their ship, they can put the 'meteor' back into 'meteor mash' -- they still occasionally feel some kinship for their distant kin: jigglypuff, nidoran, skitty, anything that uses the moon stone.

They're pretty sure that things are not always ending well for the Pokémon stuck on Earth in the area. In particular, they've noticed a lot of ghost activity in the swamp and they think that one building that's been supposedly haunted for centuries actually is these days.

They'll probably let you go, but the captain'd like you to keep them informed -- the igglybuff's willing to go with you to learn about the life of a captured Pokémon and return to his family if you run into them, but they've got a few clefairy volunteers if that works better -- and to, if possible, find his sister. Almost every Pokémon on the ship knows Teleport, so that, at least, isn't an issue.

It sounds sort of like they might want a spy, but at least it'd be a cute one.

'C'mon, Crime Croc, let's head to these... fields of meat.'

[four dollars tinkle at the bottom of the donation box]

'C'mon, Crime Croc, let's head to these... fields of meat.'

[four dollars tinkle at the bottom of the donation box]
Usually there would be a witty post here, but sadly I only really have energy for the RP posts. /)_(\

The feraligatr accidentally stomps on a shuckle, which it then picks up and tries to eat. Thankfully, it hadn't used Power Swap and so it wasn't in any real danger. Your nose is, however, courtesy of its berry juice. The possibly-amoral crocodilian doesn't seem to care either way, though.

You stick it on your head and feel vaguely in tune with nature.

So in tune, in fact, that you completely miss the gastly that possesses your foot in an attempt to direct you towards one of the many pitfalls. ... The feraligatr doesn't, though: nom nom nom. (It got better.)

AND THEN ... there is a grimer. It is possibly a happy grimer in ways that no one wants to be familiar with. It wants to share its cough drops and love with you~ but Crime Croc defeats it and the world is saved. I guess.

Obtained one (1) male shuckle, one (1) male gastly, one (1) female grimer, and one (1) box of cough drops.

Hey, that attack by Team Rocket was their most successful one in years. ... Which possibly says something about their success rate. Also, page two has been claimed in the name of Team Rocket!

The clefairy finally seems satisfied; at least, it gives a thumbs-up and says something positive-sounding to the other clefairy. "You see," it says, and begins to explain. Apparently, the abandoned building was, at one point, some rich family or another's vacation home in the middle of a swamp! Which is really a rather depressing place to go on vacation, but there was (until recently) a wide variety of Pokémon living in the caves nearby.

One of the problems of having a vacation home in the middle of nowhere, of course, is that there's no way to know who's in it when you're away. The extensive cave system in and around the area resonates with a few locations on the major islands so that it's incredibly easy to teleport from there to anywhere similar. As a result, it'd been occasionally used as a Team Rocket hideout for the past five years, though the clefairy are pretty sure it's also been a legitimate tourist spot. For a given value of 'tourism', at any rate.

Normally, they wouldn't concern themselves particularly with Earthly affairs -- many of the clefable were born offworld and, with the exceptions of the Captain and his family (his parents and his two sisters, neither of whom are present; the younger one is with the igglybuff's family as part of a foreign exchange/language immersion program and he's not entirely sure what happened to his older sister), none of the clefairy understand normal forms of Pokémon speech -- but the caves are rich in moon stone, and without the stone, they have problems keeping their Gravity fields active.

Clefairy, and the moon stone they love, are rare and valuable. Even though the clefairy have established themselves as off-limits through judicious use of Meteor Mash -- and when the clefairy in question still have their ship, they can put the 'meteor' back into 'meteor mash' -- they still occasionally feel some kinship for their distant kin: jigglypuff, nidoran, skitty, anything that uses the moon stone.

They're pretty sure that things are not always ending well for the Pokémon stuck on Earth in the area. In particular, they've noticed a lot of ghost activity in the swamp and they think that one building that's been supposedly haunted for centuries actually is these days.

They'll probably let you go, but the captain'd like you to keep them informed -- the igglybuff's willing to go with you to learn about the life of a captured Pokémon and return to his family if you run into them, but they've got a few clefairy volunteers if that works better -- and to, if possible, find his sister. Almost every Pokémon on the ship knows Teleport, so that, at least, isn't an issue.

It sounds sort of like they might want a spy, but at least it'd be a cute one.

She blinks.

She'd sat down near the beginning of the tale so the fairy pokémon wouldn't have to keep craning his neck, and now she pulls up her knees to her chest and ponders what she's just heard.

"So... you'd like me to go back to the Safari Zone and keep an eye on the caves and that area? I can do that... work on getting Team Rocket out too." Maybe start a neighborhood militia or something.

She takes another look at the igglybuff, who seems to have nearly nodded off during the expositionlanation, but it matches her eyes at her glance. It doesn't look the happiest at all... it'll never get stronger that way~! "And yeah, I'll... take that off your hands for you, I suppose," recalling the animosity the clefairy had shown before.

Hm, and they love moon stones, hmm...? She pulls her bag close, breaks off the moon stone part of the evolution pass - evolution pass schmevolution pass, it's a bunch of stones she krazyglued together in one night - wraps it in a strip of cloth for safety, and hands it to a nearby clefable. "Trade you," she says to the clefairy. "It's a human custom." She winks.

She blinks.

She'd sat down near the beginning of the tale so the fairy pokémon wouldn't have to keep craning his neck, and now she pulls up her knees to her chest and ponders what she's just heard.

"So... you'd like me to go back to the Safari Zone and keep an eye on the caves and that area? I can do that... work on getting Team Rocket out too." Maybe start a neighborhood militia or something.

She takes another look at the igglybuff, who seems to have nearly nodded off during the expositionlanation, but it matches her eyes at her glance. It doesn't look the happiest at all... it'll never get stronger that way~! "And yeah, I'll... take that off your hands for you, I suppose," recalling the animosity the clefairy had shown before.

Hm, and they love moon stones, hmm...? She pulls her bag close, breaks off the moon stone part of the evolution pass - evolution pass schmevolution pass, it's a bunch of stones she krazyglued together in one night - wraps it in a strip of cloth for safety, and hands it to a nearby clefable. "Trade you," she says to the clefairy. "It's a human custom." She winks.
He probably appreciated that; he's not in a mood to float up to eye-level if it's not necessary. "That'll do. However," his face looks slightly pained, "our esteemed guest is not a 'that'. He's welcome for exactly as long as he wishes to be." And from the igglybuff's scowl and bounce onto your head, that lasted up until the beginning of cooking class when his group members wandered off.

He looks at the evolution pass with something approaching distaste, probably because you've glued together a bunch of perfectly good stones. "It's rather small. You can keep it."

Three guesses how much he values 'human customs'.

He probably appreciated that; he's not in a mood to float up to eye-level if it's not necessary. "That'll do. However," his face looks slightly pained, "our esteemed guest is not a 'that'. He's welcome for exactly as long as he wishes to be." And from the igglybuff's scowl and bounce onto your head, that lasted up until the beginning of cooking class when his group members wandered off.

He looks at the evolution pass with something approaching distaste, probably because you've glued together a bunch of perfectly good stones. "It's rather small. You can keep it."

Three guesses how much he values 'human customs'.

She frowns and shoves it into her pocket, then. Well, that didn't go over as well as she'd hoped. Pretty much opposite to how she'd hoped, really.

Still, look on the bright side! She's made it out of this place alive, and got an igglybuff in the process. And if it means she ought to restrict her adventure-seeking wanderings to a smaller area, so be it; there seemed to be plenty to find around there anyway.

"Well..." She stands, stretching (keeping the igglybuff balanced), mildly surprised that a clefairy-built ship is tall enough for humans, and still vaguely wondering what was up with that... Japanese-style... escape pod? She glances out the miniscule window, down to the bright, verdant and azure Earth, and sighs in awe. They're only in low-orbit still, but the sight is nothing she's ever seen.

"I guess I should be taking my leave, then." She seemed to have overstayed her welcome about two seconds after she was discovered. She looks down to the clefairy again and considers offering her hand to shake, but figures that would be another scorned 'human custom' and scratches the back of her head in puzzled embarrassment instead. "Thanks for..." Not throwing me out of the airlock. The igglybuff. Trusting me with this.

The adventure.

"... Thanks."

She clears her throat, not sure how to ask this without him losing more of his temper. "So, um..." She glances down at Pierre, inconspicuous and seemingly oblivious as always. "Can I get back the way I came, or will you have to double back, or..." Would teleport work that far? She had no clue, but she didn't want to inconvenience the already irritated shipmates any more than she already had... though she wanted to attempt a teleport and end up suffocating or freezing in space or burning up in the atmosphere even less.

She frowns and shoves it into her pocket, then. Well, that didn't go over as well as she'd hoped. Pretty much opposite to how she'd hoped, really.

Still, look on the bright side! She's made it out of this place alive, and got an igglybuff in the process. And if it means she ought to restrict her adventure-seeking wanderings to a smaller area, so be it; there seemed to be plenty to find around there anyway.

"Well..." She stands, stretching (keeping the igglybuff balanced), mildly surprised that a clefairy-built ship is tall enough for humans, and still vaguely wondering what was up with that... Japanese-style... escape pod? She glances out the miniscule window, down to the bright, verdant and azure Earth, and sighs in awe. They're only in low-orbit still, but the sight is nothing she's ever seen.

"I guess I should be taking my leave, then." She seemed to have overstayed her welcome about two seconds after she was discovered. She looks down to the clefairy again and considers offering her hand to shake, but figures that would be another scorned 'human custom' and scratches the back of her head in puzzled embarrassment instead. "Thanks for..." Not throwing me out of the airlock. The igglybuff. Trusting me with this.

The adventure.

"... Thanks."

She clears her throat, not sure how to ask this without him losing more of his temper. "So, um..." She glances down at Pierre, inconspicuous and seemingly oblivious as always. "Can I get back the way I came, or will you have to double back, or..." Would teleport work that far? She had no clue, but she didn't want to inconvenience the already irritated shipmates any more than she already had... though she wanted to attempt a teleport and end up suffocating or freezing in space or burning up in the atmosphere even less.
He probably would've accepted the handshake, though late enough for it to definitely be awkward, and he would likely have gone for something suspiciously like a Dizzy Punch (well, his grip probably isn't that strong), so it's for the best.

He smiles, not entirely friendly, and gives a thumbs-up. "Getting back is very simple, though I doubt that abra's familiar with the intricacies of teleporting at high speeds; he's likely to have you land at -- well. I'm sure the details are very boring. No, it'd be much simpler for one of us to do it."

... Which he does, and he'd probably started while talking. Isn't making friends fun?

Teleporting long distances really sucks. While it seems to be pretty close to whatever time it was when you forcibly left, you're ... not where you started. Something tells you you're not that far off, but visibility sucks: have fun with fog!

You are on a porch, and while there're no grues, there's definitely something wandering around nearby.

(( ALSO, TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL: Obtained one (1) male igglybuff! ))

He probably would've accepted the handshake, though late enough for it to definitely be awkward, and he would likely have gone for something suspiciously like a Dizzy Punch (well, his grip probably isn't that strong), so it's for the best.

He smiles, not entirely friendly, and gives a thumbs-up. "Getting back is very simple, though I doubt that abra's familiar with the intricacies of teleporting at high speeds; he's likely to have you land at -- well. I'm sure the details are very boring. No, it'd be much simpler for one of us to do it."

... Which he does, and he'd probably started while talking. Isn't making friends fun?

Teleporting long distances really sucks. While it seems to be pretty close to whatever time it was when you forcibly left, you're ... not where you started. Something tells you you're not that far off, but visibility sucks: have fun with fog!

You are on a porch, and while there're no grues, there's definitely something wandering around nearby.

(( ALSO, TO MAKE IT OFFICIAL: Obtained one (1) male igglybuff! ))

Take me apart, take me apart / What a way to roam / And if you have to take me apart to get there / I'd rather stay at home

"Mfrggl."

Anything of greater coherence is lost to her; about the only thing she can do is lie in the... something and keep breathing. Some things she's learned regarding the differences between people and pokémon: people can't get into pokéballs, people can't shoot fire, and people have a much rougher time than pokémon when teleporting distances over, say, thirty miles.

Low-Earth orbit is... more than that.

After about... a few minutes, she doesn't wear a watch or anything, she works up the energy to slowly open one eye, then lifts her head and rests her chin on the dirty wooden floor. Pierre and the igglybuff are off to one side, apathetic to her suffering.

She rolls over onto her back and throws out her arms with a melodramatic sigh, gazing out at the twilight sky. "Okaaaaay," she says to no one, and sits up, shaking the detritus off her hair and clothes. Looking around, she sees a weather-worn garden set... on a large porch... fronting a house that was probably quite nice a few decades ago. As it is, it's dark and the door is swung open (in invitation?) and it weirdly seems to be colder inside than out, even with the damp weather.

And... this is the haunted house the clefairy mentioned, isn't it? She scrunches up her nose at it in defiance. She doesn't need any more ghost pokémon, and there's no reason his sister or whatever would be in there, unless... Hrn. Rrrrrn.

She looks out to the land on her left. Her alternative is... nearly opaque fog, like being in a cloud. She huffs up her bangs. She didn't see fog too often, though Sayoko, a Sinnohan native, had told her stories about days where you couldn't see your nose in front of your face for the fog, and how she'd use... some pokémon and... some pokémon move... it had all seemed useless at the time so she didn't file it away, but now...

If she tried that way she could walk off a cliff or into a poison pokémon nest or anything. "Haaaa, the second time in so many hours that I have to choose between dumb and dumber," she sighs, irritated. She pulls out the abra's empty pokéball; he did what she asked, but she wouldn't count on his indifference in this place. "Return, Pierre. Thanks for your help.

"Mmkay. Go, Charmer!" Thankfully, starter shop pokéballs were black and red cherish balls, easy to differentiate in the dim light. Charmer's tail flame shines in the darkness, and she smiles. "Okay, boy. We're going in." Neither the charmander nor the igglybuff appear too fond of that idea, but she shrugs. Maybe she can find someplace to wait till daylight...

She stands up and brushes off her clothes, picking up the igglybuff and hugging it close. As she steps into the building, her path made visible with Charmer leading the way, she speaks to the balloon pokémon. "I can't keep calling you 'the igglybuff'. Do you have a name, or...?"

(( OKAY SCREW THIS I'M GOING TO DITCH MY ORIGINAL PLAN (what was my original plan anyway) AND MAKE STUFF UP MORE >D ))

"Bigglyfuff," it says definitively. It's probably called something very intelligent and dignified, but its Igglybuff/Space Clefairy pidgin's thick enough that the charmander seems to have no idea what it just said, much less you, whether or not you'd understand it normally.

You might as well find something to call it.

Inside the building, it is ... dark and uninteresting. Or well there's a general sense of what you are looking for is not here and it's still super-foggy. The igglybuff seems remarkably unbothered; perhaps normal-types are very good at ignoring the supernatural? The charmander's staying very close to you, anyway.

Something smells funny, sort of like -- gas? The igglybuff says something, though, and it dissipates. Now what?

--

* Its actual name would translate to Igglybuff that's Really Bad at Cooking and Likes to Try Anyway, or simply Depressingly Useless Baby, but there's no way to tell and that's not exactly a great thing to be called. Space clefairy tend to have different names depending on current station; this igglybuff wasn't exactly high on the pecking order. It is very sad.

You should rename it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom