• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

For convenience's sake, as well as to make it simpler, I'd suggest you have 5 instead of 7 programs, since 100's not divisible by 7... blah blah blah. Also for convenience's sake, I think you should remove totally_not_a_virus.exe, since it appears to be the hardest to keep track of while reffing (if Exabyte stays in for some time, that's gonna be a long status string).
I think otherwise, it looks okay. I'm a bit iffy on the two random stats up by two levels, but I'll let it slide, considering the potential bad effects.

Fair enough on the numbers thing; I use random.org for RNG purposes where you can just choose to roll out of whatever number you need, but I know not all refs use the same site. I guess any I take out can come back when Exabyte evolves, presuming I'll ever be allowed up to 10 potential effects :P

Simplified version:

[Exabyte] Porygon (X)
Ability: Download
Signature move: Download Freeware
Porygon, being computer Pokémon, are able to communicate with networks, connect to the Internet, and download and store files. Porygon owners the world over have taken advantage of this capability, making modifications compatible with the Porygon family and sharing them online, allowing users to gain access to these files and download them onto their Pokémon. This opens up a number of modifications and applications that Exabyte can download in battle and use to his advantage. However, being an unevolved and primitive model, Exabyte only has the memory to store one file per battle; in addition, certain malicious users seeking to ruin the system for others have developed harmful programs and passed them off as useful, which Exabyte can download unknowingly, hindering rather than helping his efforts.

Type: Normal / Status / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 6%
Effects: Exabyte scans the airwaves, connecting to the 'net and downloading a Porygon modification file at random. It may be any of the following, each having the same probability of showing up:
McIffy VirusScan: removes all negative status conditions from Exabyte and gives it the Safeguard status for the normal duration.
OS Upgrade: Exabyte downloads a faster, spiffier, more powerful and efficient operating system, increasing two random stats by 2 levels.
Moveset Enhancement: teaches Exabyte two new moves not already in its movepool for the duration of the battle. The moves are selected at random, like Metronome, but added to Exabyte's overall movepool to be used as needed.
Huge Stack O' Spam: Exabyte is overwhelmed by shady correspondence from Nigerian businessmen and offers to enhance bodily features best not specified, causing it to fly into a frustrated rage and inflicting it with moderate confusion and the effects of a 3-action Taunt.
System Bug: attacks Exabyte's crucial system files, lowering all stats by 1 level and inflicting severe paralysis and confusion and badly poisoning Exabyte.
Usage Gap: once per battle.

Last edited:

Sorry Kratos, first time doing this, rushing, late nights, make doing this so hard. I realized you were right. 'Baltoy has almost no contact attacks, let alone ones using arms.' I have scrapped the entire idea. I have replaced it with a signature move.

My Sig Move said:
[Nero] Baltoy (M}
[Levitate]
Signature Move: Kamikazé

Nero is not your average Baltoy. He always tries to be better than other members of his species. He tries to be the leader of the team and tries to lead effectively. He's also somewhat wrong in the head. (he's one Diglett short of a Dugtrio) He often tries risky stunts that can, and most likely will, kill him.

That is how he thought of this crazy move. First, his Psychic powers to lift his opponent low into the air, a few feet just above the ground, preventing them from moving. Then he spends an action bracing himself to charge at the foe. The next action, he charges head-on, spinning himself like a top and using his head's spike as a drill to drive the opponet back into the ground. He also mildly hurts himself on this attack.

Type: Psychic/ Accuracy: 90%/ Target: One Foe/ Base Power: 85/ Energy: 6%/ Actions needed to perform: 2/
Effect: Nero lifts a foe slightly above the arena, and prevents them from moving. He begins to spin rapidly and moves backwards, preparing to charge. On the next action, Nero charges at his target, using the spike on his head as a drill and forces them into the ground. Nero take 35% of damage delivered as recoil.

Usage Gap: 3 rounds

(It is kind of a mix between Double-Edge and Skull Bash.)

Hope this is correct.

Fair enough on the numbers thing; I use random.org for RNG purposes where you can just choose to roll out of whatever number you need, but I know not all refs use the same site. I guess any I take out can come back when Exabyte evolves, presuming I'll ever be allowed up to 10 potential effects :P

Simplified version:

[Exabyte] Porygon (X)
Porygon, being computer Pokémon, are able to communicate with networks, connect to the Internet, and download and store files. Porygon owners the world over have taken advantage of this capability, making modifications compatible with the Porygon family and sharing them online, allowing users to gain access to these files and download them onto their Pokémon. This opens up a number of modifications and applications that Exabyte can download in battle and use to his advantage. However, being an unevolved and primitive model, Exabyte only has the memory to store one file per battle; in addition, certain malicious users seeking to ruin the system for others have developed harmful programs and passed them off as useful, which Exabyte can download unknowingly, hindering rather than helping his efforts.

Effects: Exabyte scans the airwaves, connecting to the 'net and downloading a Porygon modification file at random. It may be any of the following, each having the same probability of showing up:
McIffy VirusScan: removes all negative status conditions from Exabyte and gives it the Safeguard status for the normal duration.
OS Upgrade: Exabyte downloads a faster, spiffier, more powerful and efficient operating system, increasing two random stats by 2 levels.
Moveset Enhancement: teaches Exabyte two new moves for the duration of the battle. The moves are selected at random, like Metronome, but added to Exabyte's overall movepool to be used as needed.
Huge Stack O' Spam: Exabyte is overwhelmed by shady correspondence from Nigerian businessmen and offers to enhance bodily features best not specified, causing it to fly into a frustrated rage and inflicting it with moderate confusion and the effects of a 3-action Taunt.
System Bug: attacks Exabyte's crucial system files, lowering all stats by 1 level and inflicting severe paralysis and confusion and badly poisoning Exabyte.

Approved.

Originally Posted by Brock
[Nero] Baltoy (M}
[Levitate]

Nero is not your average Baltoy. He always tries to be better than other members of his species. He tries to be the leader of the team and tries to lead effectively. He's also somewhat wrong in the head. (he's one Diglett short of a Dugtrio) He often tries risky stunts that can, and most likely will, kill him.

That is how he thought of this crazy move. First, his Psychic powers to lift his opponent low into the air, a few feet just above the ground, preventing them from moving. Then he spends an action bracing himself to charge at the foe. The next action, he charges head-on, spinning himself like a top and using his head's spike as a drill to drive the opponet back into the ground. He also mildly hurts himself on this attack.

Type: Psychic/ Accuracy: 90%/ Target: One Foe/ Base Power: 85/ Energy: 6%/ Actions needed to perform: 2/
Effect: Nero lifts a foe slightly above the arena, and prevents them from moving. He begins to spin rapidly and moves backwards, preparing to charge. On the next action, Nero charges at his target, using the spike on his head as a drill and forces them into the ground. Nero take 35% of damage delivered as recoil.

Firstly, don't put quote boxes in things you're looking to get approved. The stuff gets lost when we in turn try to quote it.
There are some things that are wrong in your format in general. Base power is not put in numerals, but rather in percentages. Also, I don't think there are any attacks in ASB that truly need two actions to perform - Skull Bash, Solarbeam, Sky Attack, and the like can all be performed in one action, albeit usually with a speed penalty.

The backstory is a bit unusual - I don't quite understand how 'trying to be a leader' translates directly to 'loves to utilize suicidal tactics', but since Nero is apparently messed in the head, I'll let it slide.

What I don't quite understand is the execution. The opponent is lifted in the air, okay, that's fine, but what if the opponent is extraordinarily heavy, like say, Aggron? I highly doubt a Baltoy would be capable of such a feat. That aside, Baltoy don't strike me as the type of Pokemon to be able to jump. From your description, it seems like Nero comes from above his opponent to drill/force them to the ground. I can see this causing recoil, surely, but the execution in general is pretty iffy. Clarification/change of execution is needed.

For the consequences and such, though, I think you could go with about 10% base power, seeing as how attacks like Brave Bird go for 12% base and a third recoil, similar to your move. Speaking of recoil, change 35% recoil to 1/3.

And finally, unless the strike itself is imbued with psychic energy, I'd see this as a normal-type move, perhaps rock-type, as the psychic-lifting part doesn't seem to be doing the damage, but rather the strike from above or whatever.

Edit: Oh, right. I forgot to add: when you say the opponent is unable to move, one can assume that they can't use physical attacks, but can they use moves such as, say, Flamethrower or Ice Beam?

[Nero] Baltoy (M}
[Levitate]

That is how he thought of this crazy move. First, his Psychic powers to lift his opponent low into the air, a few feet just above the ground, preventing them from using contact/physical moves. Then he braces himself to charge at the foe. Shortly after, he he uses a Psychic wave to charge head-on, spinning himself like a top and using his head's spike as a drill to drive the opponet back into the ground. He also mildly hurts himself on this attack. This attack takes more energy if the foe weighs voer 100kgs.

Type: Psychic ~ Accuracy: 90% ~ Target: One Foe ~ Base Power: 10% ~ Energy: 6%/10% if foe is over 100kgs.
Effect: Nero lifts a foe slightly above the arena, and prevents them from using contact/phsyical moves. He begins to spin rapidly and moves backwards, preparing to charge. Nero then propels himself at his target, using the spike on his head as a drill and forces them into the ground. Nero takes 1/3 of damage delivered as recoil.

Changed it so he uses Psychic energy to propel himself through the air at his foe, thus explaning Psychic typing.

Taking a Trapinch from the Black Market, at the cost of 0$. See This post for clarification.

Changing it's nickname to Baseskor too.

[Baseskor] Trapinch (f) <Hyper Cutter>

(Oh, do I still need the bank post even though it's free?)

This might not be very likely to pass, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

[Spearhead] Heracross (M)
Ability: Guts
Signature Move: Mercykiller

Spearhead, as his secondary type makes obvious, loves to fight. The thrill of effectively striking while avoiding the incoming blows is plain irreplaceable. However, nothing is perfect. If there is one thing he finds iffy about battling, that would be the fact that he has to, you know, damage the opponent. To cover their skin in bruises and cuts and nasty injuries until they lose consciousness. The punching bags' lack of fighting back, though, forces the honor driven Heracross to face what he is obliged to do.

Nonetheless, knocking a fellow Pokémon out cold is not something he will agree to doing so easily. He can force himself to do it if it turns out to be absolutely obligatory, but, if there is a way out, he will seize the chance to do things that way.

Once a foe has been battered enough throughout the match, Spearhead will sense the ideal opportunity to try and convince them to cut their losses. He will apply a submission hold, strong enough to hurt, but not enough to further damage those who are already quite beaten down. As he applies it, he will initiate a peace talk with the target, trying to convince them to stop fighting in order to avoid a knockout. The opponent may or may not comply; if they don't, the Heracross will find some peace of mind in believing that battling until they could no more is what the enemy wished.

Because Spearhead is more merciful upon foes he perceives as unfair matches against him, he will try to force a surrender earlier when fighting such foes.

Type: Fighting / Accuracy: 50% / Target: Single / Energy: Varies / Duration: 1 action
Spearhead can only use this attack against Pokémon with 20% or less health remaining (25% if the Pokémon is not fully evolved); additionally, Pokémon whose ability, hold item, body mod or signature mod only activates after reaching 33% or less health cannot be affected as well. If the attack works, the target will surrender, thus gaining a KO'd status regardless of the fact they have not reached 0% health or energy. The energy cost is 5% at base, plus half the remaining health of the target.
Usage Gap: Once per match

Simplified version:

[Exabyte] Porygon (X)

Moveset Enhancement: teaches Exabyte two new moves for the duration of the battle. The moves are selected at random, like Metronome, but added to Exabyte's overall movepool to be used as needed.
Rolling back to this one for a clarification: are the moveset enhancement moves selected explicitly to be attacks not already in Exabyte's movepool? That is, if I rolled up flamethrower and draco meteor, would I reroll flamethrower or not?

[Nero] Baltoy (M}
[Levitate]

That is how he thought of this crazy move. First, his Psychic powers to lift his opponent low into the air, a few feet just above the ground, preventing them from using contact/physical moves. Then he braces himself to charge at the foe. Shortly after, he he uses a Psychic wave to charge head-on, spinning himself like a top and using his head's spike as a drill to drive the opponet back into the ground. He also mildly hurts himself on this attack. This attack takes more energy if the foe weighs voer 100kgs.

Type: Psychic ~ Accuracy: 90% ~ Target: One Foe ~ Base Power: 10% ~ Energy: 6%/10% if foe is over 100kgs.
Effect: Nero lifts a foe slightly above the arena, and prevents them from using contact/phsyical moves. He begins to spin rapidly and moves backwards, preparing to charge. Nero then propels himself at his target, using the spike on his head as a drill and forces them into the ground. Nero takes 1/3 of damage delivered as recoil.

Changed it so he uses Psychic energy to propel himself through the air at his foe, thus explaning Psychic typing.
As blazheirio889 mentioned, your description is pretty weak--I don't get how leading effectively correlates with suicidal behavior, really. Also, it sound as though Nero would have to drop on top if its opponent somehow to "drill them into the ground," which is rather different than "charging-head-on" and would require some considerable levitation. What's the significance of opponents not being able to use contact attacks if the attack lasts only one action and they get dropped again as soon as it's completed? It's sounding a bit more energy-intensive than 6%, really, and the description is still rather poor.

For the record, it is perfectly acceptable to have signature moves that require more than one action to perform; it's been done plenty in the past and is considered a fair trade-off for a powerful attack.

This might not be very likely to pass, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

[Spearhead] Heracross (M)
Signature Move: Mercykiller

Spearhead, as his secondary type makes obvious, loves to fight. The thrill of effectively striking while avoiding the incoming blows is plain irreplaceable. However, nothing is perfect. If there is one thing he finds iffy about battling, that would be the fact that he has to, you know, damage the opponent. To cover their skin in bruises and cuts and nasty injuries until they lose consciousness. The punching bags' lack of fighting back, though, forces the honor driven Heracross to face what he is obliged to do.

Nonetheless, knocking a fellow Pokémon out cold is not something he will agree to doing so easily. He can force himself to do it if it turns out to be absolutely obligatory, but, if there is a way out, he will seize the chance to do things that way.

Once a foe has been battered enough throughout the match, Spearhead will sense the ideal opportunity to try and convince them to cut their losses. He will apply a submission hold, strong enough to hurt, but not enough to further damage those who are already quite beaten down. As he applies it, he will initiate a peace talk with the target, trying to convince them to stop fighting in order to avoid a knockout. The opponent may or may not comply; if they don't, the Heracross will find some peace of mind in believing that battling until they could no more is what the enemy wished.

Because Spearhead is more merciful upon foes he perceives as unfair matches against him, he will try to force a surrender earlier when fighting such foes.

Type: Fighting / Accuracy: 50% / Target: Single / Energy: Varies / Duration: 1 action
Spearhead can only use this attack against Pokémon with 20% or less health remaining (25% if the Pokémon is not fully evolved); additionally, Pokémon whose ability, hold item, body mod or signature mod only activates after reaching 33% or less health cannot be affected as well. If the attack works, the target will surrender, thus gaining a KO'd status regardless of the fact they have not reached 0% health or energy. The energy cost is 5% at base, plus half the remaining health of the target.
Usage Gap: Once per match
I'm fine with it. (It's essentially an attack that does 20-25% damage under a specific set of circumstances and with 50% accuracy, after all). Approved.

Rolling back to this one for a clarification: are the moveset enhancement moves selected explicitly to be attacks not already in Exabyte's movepool? That is, if I rolled up flamethrower and draco meteor, would I reroll flamethrower or not?

The description specifies "two new moves", so they would need to both be ones Porygon can't ordinarily learn, yes.

Right, just make it "two moves not in porygon's movepool," if you would.

[Titan] Nidoran (M) $7
Ability: Rivalry

[Blade] Sandshrew (M) $5

[Toxin] Venonat (F) $10
Ability: Tinted Lense

[Champ] Machop (M) $13
Ability: No Guard

[Cannon] Remoraid (F) $10
Ability: Sniper

$45

Bank Deduction(?)

Last edited:

[Titan] Nidoran (M) $7
Ability: Rivalry

[Blade] Sandshrew (M) $5

[Toxin] Venonat (F) $10
Ability: Tinted Lense

[Champ] Machop (M) $13
Ability: No Guard

[Cannon] Remoraid (F) $10
Ability: Sniper

$45

Bank Deduction(?)

Approved.

Buying more pokes.

[Garnet] Psyduck (F)
Ability: Cloud Nine

[Mach] Taillow (M)

Bank Link

Approved.

I'm in ur blak markets, stealan ur cheatan tosser's magnets~

Yoink.

[Electric Three] Magnemite (X)
<Magnet Pull>

Probably have to think of a better name later but if anyone gets the reference they're awesome.

[Nero] Baltoy (M}
[Levitate]

That is how he thought of this crazy move. First, his Psychic powers to lift his opponent low into the air, a few feet just above the ground, preventing them from using contact/physical moves. Then he braces himself to charge at the foe. On the next action, he uses a Psychic wave to lift himself above his opponent, spinning himself like a top, and drives himself and the target into the ground using his head's spike as a drill.. He also mildly hurts himself on this attack. This attack takes more energy if the foe weighs over 100kgs.

Type: Psychic ~ Accuracy: 90% ~ Target: One Foe ~ Base Power: 10% ~ Energy: 10%/15% if foe is over 100kgs. ~ 2 Action needed to preform.

Effect: Nero lifts a foe slightly above the arena, and prevents them from using contact/phsyical moves for the duration of the move. He begins to spin rapidly and moves backwards, preparing to attack. On the next action, Nero propels himself into the air, and down into his target, using the spike on his head as a drill and forces them into the ground. Nero takes 1/3 of damage delivered as recoil.

(It is kind of a mix between Double-Edge and Skull Bash with the actual attack itself being liek Drill Peck.)

I felt like buying a Sentret.

[Manzikert] Sentret (M) <Keen Eye>

$5

I'm in ur blak markets, stealan ur cheatan tosser's magnets~

Yoink.

[Electric Three] Magnemite (X)
<Magnet Pull>

Probably have to think of a better name later but if anyone gets the reference they're awesome.
Approved.

[Nero] Baltoy (M}
[Levitate]

That is how he thought of this crazy move. First, his Psychic powers to lift his opponent low into the air, a few feet just above the ground, preventing them from using contact/physical moves. Then he braces himself to charge at the foe. On the next action, he uses a Psychic wave to lift himself above his opponent, spinning himself like a top, and drives himself and the target into the ground using his head's spike as a drill.. He also mildly hurts himself on this attack. This attack takes more energy if the foe weighs over 100kgs.

Type: Psychic ~ Accuracy: 90% ~ Target: One Foe ~ Base Power: 10% ~ Energy: 10%/15% if foe is over 100kgs. ~ 2 Action needed to preform.

Effect: Nero lifts a foe slightly above the arena, and prevents them from using contact/phsyical moves for the duration of the move. He begins to spin rapidly and moves backwards, preparing to attack. On the next action, Nero propels himself into the air, and down into his target, using the spike on his head as a drill and forces them into the ground. Nero takes 1/3 of damage delivered as recoil.

(It is kind of a mix between Double-Edge and Skull Bash with the actual attack itself being liek Drill Peck.)
Eh, the description could still use work, really, but for this attack, I suppose it's okay. Approved.

I felt like buying a Sentret.

[Manzikert] Sentret (M) <Keen Eye>

$5
Approved.

Time to get me some pokemans. :D

[Serra] Swablu (F) <Natural Cure>
NOTE: Serra is red; this has no effect in battle.

[Ixidor] Spheal (M) <Thick Fat>
NOTE: Ixidor is turqoise; this has no effect in battle.

[Sisay] Shinx (F) <Intimidate>
NOTE: Sisay is silver; this has no effect in battle.

[Razia] Magby (F) <Flame Body>
NOTE: Razia is green; this has no effect in battle.

That totals $42, non? (Just defeated Fantana)

Last edited:

Time to get me some pokemans. :D

[Serra] Swablu (F) <Natural Cure>
NOTE: Serra is red; this has no effect in battle.

[Ixidor] Spheal (M) <Thick Fat>
NOTE: Ixidor is turqoise; this has no effect in battle.

[Sisay] Shinx (F) <Intimidate>
NOTE: Sisay is silver; this has no effect in battle.

[Razia] Magby (F) <Flame Body>
NOTE: Razia is green; this has no effect in battle.

That totals $42, non? (Just defeated Fantana)

Approved.

And for me:

[Gummi] Spinarak (M) <Insomnia>

Get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom