• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Evolution time for both Envy and Tesla.

[Envy] Misdreavus F

to

mismagius
Envy
Female
Levitate

As well as...

[Tesla] Mareep F

to

flaaffy
Tesla
Female
Static

All thanks to this battle.

Apparently I'm collecting Ace Attorney characters now. I blame Investigations for being goddamn brilliant.

[Detective Gumshoe] Teddiursa (M) <Pickup>
[Jean Armstrong] Happiny (F) <Serene Grace>
[Shi-Long Lang] Poochyena (M) <Quick Feet>
[Quercus Alba] Seedot (M) <Chlorophyll>
[Kay Faraday] Sneasel (F) <Inner Focus>
[Apollo Justice] Ledyba (M) <Swarm>

And I suppose I'll be needing an Oval Stone and a Leaf Stone with that lot, too.

why do no pokemon remind me of godot or trucy

Last edited:

Evolution time for both Envy and Tesla.

[Envy] Misdreavus F

to

mismagius
Envy
Female
Levitate

As well as...

[Tesla] Mareep F

to

flaaffy
Tesla
Female
Static

All thanks to this battle.

Approved.

Apparently I'm collecting Ace Attorney characters now. I blame Investigations for being goddamn brilliant.

[Detective Gumshoe] Teddiursa (M) <Pickup>
[Jean Armstrong] Happiny (F) <Serene Grace>
[Shi-Long Lang] Poochyena (M) <Quick Feet>
[Quercus Alba] Seedot (M) <Chlorophyll>
[Kay Faraday] Sneasel (F) <Inner Focus>
[Apollo Justice] Ledyba (M) <Swarm>

And I suppose I'll be needing an Oval Stone and a Leaf Stone with that lot, too.

why do no pokemon remind me of godot or trucy

Approved, and Butterfree says your seedot's name is wrong:
godot.png

Approved, and Butterfree says your seedot's name is wrong:
godot.png

Ah, but Godot's name's not going to work when he's fully evolved.
At least not as well as Quercus Alba who I swear to god is just a Shiftry poorly disguised as a human and sent to Aceattorneyland.

stop taunting me with games I haven't played gawd Get another and don't evolve it.

Anyway, buying a razor claw.

Link to your post where you claimed it, and don't put the pokemon info in a quote box, since it disappears when the approvers in turn try to quote your post.

(Oh hey guess who managed to delete both posts after double posting 8D)

[Pandora] Abra (F)
Ability: Synchronize
Move Mod: N/A
Body Mod: N/A

[Artemis] Starly (F)
Ability: Keen Eye

[Fury] Growlithe (Male)
Ability: Intimidate

[Meallan] Shinx (Male)

[Maestro] Totodile (Male)
Ability: Torrent

Total: $39

Last edited:

(Oh hey guess who managed to delete both posts after double posting 8D)

[Pandora] Abra (F)
Ability: Synchronize

[Artemis] Starly (F)
Ability: Keen Eye

[Fury] Growlithe (Male)

[Meallan] Shinx (Male)

[Maestro] Totodile (Male)
Ability: Torrent

Total: $39

Approved.

Oh hey I'm here to get a signature move approved *flicks sunglasses on*

Signature Move: Pandora's Box

Pandora may mean 'all-gifted', but it is also the name of one of mythology's most curious women. Given a simple box by the gods and told not to open it, Pandora... went ahead and opened it anyway, unleashing evil on the world and trapping Hope inside when she closed the lid. Pandora the Abra can do pretty much the same thing, taking an action to summon a box (like this one) which she then opens, unleashing a variety of random effects. These effects do not stack on one Pokémon, so Pandora cannot have more than one stat-change, nor can the opponent.

Type: Psychic / Stat: None / Base Damage %: Varies / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Foe / Energy: 5% / Duration: 1 Action to perform, stat changes last for 6 actions after Pandora opens the box
Effects: Pandora summons an ornate box and opens it, having a variety of effects. It can lower any of the target's stats by one, increase any of Pandora's stats by one, or inflict any status ailment on either Pokémon. It can also do 10% damage to the target, limited by damage caps. There is a 20% chance that a second effect may occur, but it follows the rules stated above.
Usage Gap: Twice per battle, 3 actions after stat changes fade - or, if all that happened was a status effect, 9 actions after box has been opened.

Signature Move: Magic Tophat

It all began with an innocuous little tophat. Sure, it looked normal enough when it was given to Maestro as a birthday present, but he decided to wear it every day and practice pulling things out of it - then, one day, he succeeded. Several angry albino Bunearies later, Maestro has it down to a science. He can now pull Berries out of the hat - but, a lot like leprechaun gold, the berries have to be eaten within 6 actions of being pulled out, or they'll disappear. An enemy can steal the berry off him, but it's still under that restriction. Use it or lose it!

Type: Psychic / Stat: None / Base Damage %: None / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 5% / Duration: Effects: Mastro pulls his tophat off his head with a flourish (there is a 10% chance this may distract the opponent that it cannot attack, rising if they are distracted already) and reaches inside. He pulls out a random berry, and depending on what it is can either eat it there and then or save it for later. This berry must be eaten within 6 actions, or it fades and the move was wasted.
Usage Gap: 9 actions after berry fades or is eaten, whichever happens sooner.

I'll change parts as needed, I came up with these at 2am after a marathon Elite Four grinding session...

Oh hey I'm here to get a signature move approved *flicks sunglasses on*

Pandora may mean 'all-gifted', but it is also the name of one of mythology's most curious women. Given a simple box by the gods and told not to open it, Pandora... went ahead and opened it anyway, unleashing evil on the world and trapping Hope inside when she closed the lid. Pandora the Abra can do pretty much the same thing, taking an action to summon a box (like this one) which she then opens, unleashing a variety of random effects. These effects do not stack on one Pokémon, so Pandora cannot have more than one stat-change, nor can the opponent.

Type: Psychic / Stat: None / Base Damage %: Varies / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Foe / Energy: 5% / Duration: 1 Action to perform, stat changes last for 6 actions after Pandora opens the box
Effects: Pandora summons an ornate box and opens it, having a variety of effects. It can lower any of the target's stats by one, increase any of Pandora's stats by one, or inflict any status ailment on either Pokémon. It can also do 10% damage to the target, limited by damage caps. There is a 20% chance that a second effect may occur, but it follows the rules stated above.
Usage Gap: Twice per battle, 3 actions after stat changes fade - or, if all that happened was a status effect, 9 actions after box has been opened.

It all began with an innocuous little tophat. Sure, it looked normal enough when it was given to Maestro as a birthday present, but he decided to wear it every day and practice pulling things out of it - then, one day, he succeeded. Several angry albino Bunearies later, Maestro has it down to a science. He can now pull Berries out of the hat - but, a lot like leprechaun gold, the berries have to be eaten within 6 actions of being pulled out, or they'll disappear. An enemy can steal the berry off him, but it's still under that restriction. Use it or lose it!

Type: Psychic / Stat: None / Base Damage %: None / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 5% / Duration: Effects: Mastro pulls his tophat off his head with a flourish (there is a 10% chance this may distract the opponent that it cannot attack, rising if they are distracted already) and reaches inside. He pulls out a random berry, and depending on what it is can either eat it there and then or save it for later. This berry must be eaten within 6 actions, or it fades and the move was wasted.

I'll change parts as needed, I came up with these at 2am after a marathon Elite Four grinding session...

First of all when getting modifications evaluated make sure you list the Pokémon being modified's name, gender and ability, so the approvers know who it's for- for a moment it seemed to me as though you were trying to give Pandora two sig moves. Keep that in mind for the future.

Neither of these modifications looks too bad, but they need more detail. For instance the fact that Pandora's Box can deal a number of effects is useless to any referee trying to deal with it unless they know the chances of each effect. If there's an equal chance of each, say so (e.g. that there's a 20% chance of any of Pandora's stats increasing, any of her target's stats decreasing, her target being dealt 10% damage, her target getting a random status ailment, or any two of the above). If not, assign each effect a definite percentage. It may also be better to physically describe what happens after the box is opened, to help referees describe it.

As for Maestro's, it seems very complicated given that there are currently nearly 40 berries in use in the League. Frankly I wouldn't want to be the referee who had to randomise that, and then there's the fact that there are all those potential effects open to Maestro (some of which would be useless- I can't think what use a Totodile, with a resistance to water, would have for a Passho Berry) which seems overkill. In short, it's probably best if you narrowed it down to a limited range of Berries, preferably a rounder number like 10 or so.

Alright, I've changed it. I hope this works, and sorry for having to make the changes in the first place - 2am is probably not the best time to be inventing sig moves @_@

abra
[Pandora] (Female)

Pandora may mean 'all-gifted', but it is also the name of one of mythology's most curious women. Given a simple box by the gods and told not to open it, Pandora... went ahead and opened it anyway, unleashing evil on the world and trapping Hope inside when she closed the lid. Pandora the Abra can do pretty much the same thing, taking an action to summon a box (like this one) which she then opens, unleashing a variety of random effects. This is portrayed as a swirl of dark spirits with delightful names like Pain, Death, and Disease coming out of the box and enveloping either Pandora or her target. The box then closes and disappears, leaving the spirits to dissapate. These effects do not stack on one Pokémon, so Pandora cannot have more than one stat-change, nor can the opponent.

Recapping Possible Effects:
+1 to any stat: Pandora (20% chance)
-1 to any stat: Target (20% chance)
Status effect: Pandora (20% chance)
Status effect: Target (20% chance)
-10% health: Target (20% chance)

totodile
[Maestro] (Male)

It all began with an innocuous little tophat. Sure, it looked normal enough when it was given to maestro as a birthday present, but he decided to wear it every day and practice pulling things out of it - then, one day, he succeeded. Several angry albino Bunearies later, Maestro has it down to a science. He can now pull certain types of berry out of the hat with a very high success rate - but, a lot like leprechaun gold, the berries have to be eaten within 6 actions of being pulled out, or they'll disappear. An enemy can steal the berry off him, but it's still under that restriction. Use it or lose it!

Type: Psychic / Stat: None / Base Damage %: None / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 5% / Duration: Effects: Mastro pulls his tophat off his head with a flourish (there is a 10% chance this may distract the opponent that it cannot attack, rising if they are distracted already) and reaches inside. He pulls out a random berry and depending on what it is can either eat it there and then or save it for later. This berry must be eaten within 6 actions, or it fades and the move was wasted. There is also a 10% chance that he may mess up and not pull a berry out at all, and each berry has an equal chance to be pulled out.

List of berries this attack can summon:
Oran (+5% health)
Sitrus (+30% health)
Leppa (+10% energy)
Lum (Heal all status effects)
Enigma (heal half the damage dealt by a super-effective attack)
Rowap (heal half the damage dealt by a special attack)
Jaboca (heal half the damage dealt by a phsyical attack)
Rindo (lowers Maestro's weakness to grass attacks to 1x damage for a round)
Wacan (lowers Maestro's weakness to electric attacks to 1x damage for a round)

Alright, I've changed it. I hope this works, and sorry for having to make the changes in the first place - 2am is probably not the best time to be inventing sig moves @_@

abra
[Pandora] (Female)

Pandora may mean 'all-gifted', but it is also the name of one of mythology's most curious women. Given a simple box by the gods and told not to open it, Pandora... went ahead and opened it anyway, unleashing evil on the world and trapping Hope inside when she closed the lid. Pandora the Abra can do pretty much the same thing, taking an action to summon a box (like this one) which she then opens, unleashing a variety of random effects. This is portrayed as a swirl of dark spirits with delightful names like Pain, Death, and Disease coming out of the box and enveloping either Pandora or her target. The box then closes and disappears, leaving the spirits to dissapate. These effects do not stack on one Pokémon, so Pandora cannot have more than one stat-change, nor can the opponent.

Recapping Possible Effects:
+1 to any stat: Pandora (20% chance)
-1 to any stat: Target (20% chance)
Status effect: Pandora (20% chance)
Status effect: Target (20% chance)
-10% health: Target (20% chance)

totodile
[Maestro] (Male)

It all began with an innocuous little tophat. Sure, it looked normal enough when it was given to maestro as a birthday present, but he decided to wear it every day and practice pulling things out of it - then, one day, he succeeded. Several angry albino Bunearies later, Maestro has it down to a science. He can now pull certain types of berry out of the hat with a very high success rate - but, a lot like leprechaun gold, the berries have to be eaten within 6 actions of being pulled out, or they'll disappear. An enemy can steal the berry off him, but it's still under that restriction. Use it or lose it!

Type: Psychic / Stat: None / Base Damage %: None / Accuracy: 100% / Target: Self / Energy: 5% / Duration: Effects: Mastro pulls his tophat off his head with a flourish (there is a 10% chance this may distract the opponent that it cannot attack, rising if they are distracted already) and reaches inside. He pulls out a random berry and depending on what it is can either eat it there and then or save it for later. This berry must be eaten within 6 actions, or it fades and the move was wasted. There is also a 10% chance that he may mess up and not pull a berry out at all, and each berry has an equal chance to be pulled out.

List of berries this attack can summon:
Oran (+5% health)
Sitrus (+30% health)
Leppa (+10% energy)
Lum (Heal all status effects)
Enigma (heal half the damage dealt by a super-effective attack)
Rowap (heal half the damage dealt by a special attack)
Jaboca (heal half the damage dealt by a phsyical attack)
Rindo (lowers Maestro's weakness to grass attacks to 1x damage for a round)
Wacan (lowers Maestro's weakness to electric attacks to 1x damage for a round)

Yup, they both look okay to me now. Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom