• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Yay, all my money didn't go down the drain!
[Mongrel] Zangoose (M)
[Cube] Spheal (M)
Ability: Ice Body
[Fiona] Charmander (F)
Body Mod: Shiny but has no effect, right?
[Kira] Shinx (F)
Ability: Intimidate

Your bank post has to link back to your post here in the Registration Office. And, for the record, a shiny Pokemon performs no differently than a regular one, so it technically does not count as a body modification.

Approved.

Yay, all my money didn't go down the drain!
[Mongrel] Zangoose (M)
[Cube] Spheal (M)
Ability: Ice Body
[Fiona] Charmander (F)
Body Mod: Shiny but has no effect, right?
[Kira] Shinx (F)
Ability: Intimidate

Also for the record, don't edit next time. Repost everything.
And once again, for the record (last time I promise), don't quote stuff you want to get approved, because the quoted stuff will, in turn, be lost when we try to quote your post.

Anyway, approved.

Wants a Mareep

[Sweetums] Mareep (F)
Ability: Cute Charm
Signature Attribute: Sweet Smell
Note: Shiny

Sweetums lived on a farm where the move Sweet Scent was used to herd the Mareeps. After having Sweet Scent used her so many times, her wool took in the scent of it. With the scent taken in, Sweetums' body soon became pink, making it a shiny. Now, whenever she battles, Pokemon are attracted to the aroma and feel slower.

The farm became famous because all of the Mareep took in the Sweet Scent. The farm started a company that shaved the Mareep line for its sweet smelling wool. After, the Mareep would grow it back. Soon some of these Mareeps were given away to Trainers. These Mareeps also learned how to use Sweet Scent to boost the effect of its wool.

Effects: Sweetums gains the move Sweet Scent and loses the move Charge due to the scented wool. Like the ability, there is a 30% chance of being Attracted. There is also a 10% the Pokemon will fall asleep. The asleep effect won't be instant. It will act like Yawn, first the Pokemon is drowsy then it sleeps the next round. The wool also lowers a Pokemon's speed by 3 points. The effects are activated at the start and the lowered speed wears off after 6 rounds.

Okay, so... Starting team for me.

[Thorn] Chikorita (F)
Overgrow
Price: R3 = $10 due to the Initial Rarity Three thing for starters

[Dart] Pichu (M)
Static
Price: R3 = $10

[Audrey] Feebas (F)
Swift Swim
Price: R1 = $5

[Koyomi] Staryu
Natural Cure
Price: R2 = $7

[Q] Magnemite
Magnet Pull
Price: R3 = $10

So I believe the price total comes to $42.

Wants a Mareep

[Sweetums] Mareep (F)
Ability: Cute Charm
Signature Attribute: Sweet Smell
Note: Shiny

Sweetums lived on a farm where the move Sweet Scent was used to herd the Mareeps. After having Sweet Scent used her so many times, her wool took in the scent of it. With the scent taken in, Sweetums' body soon became pink, making it a shiny. Now, whenever she battles, Pokemon are attracted to the aroma and feel slower.

The farm became famous because all of the Mareep took in the Sweet Scent. The farm started a company that shaved the Mareep line for its sweet smelling wool. After, the Mareep would grow it back. Soon some of these Mareeps were given away to Trainers. These Mareeps also learned how to use Sweet Scent to boost the effect of its wool.

Effects: Sweetums gains the move Sweet Scent and loses the move Charge due to the scented wool. Like the ability, there is a 30% chance of being Attracted. There is also a 10% the Pokemon will fall asleep. The asleep effect won't be instant. It will act like Yawn, first the Pokemon is drowsy then it sleeps the next round. The wool also lowers a Pokemon's speed by 3 points. The effects are activated at the start and the lowered speed wears off after 6 rounds.
The effects of this attack do not readily appear to relate to the description of the modifications. I don't see how having scented wool would prevent charge from working, but more pressingly...

- "Like the ability (I guess you mean cute charm, but that's a big "what ability?" right there), there is a 30% chance of being attracted (...when the opponent uses a contact attack?).
- Why would the pokémon fall asleep (when unknown condition is met)? That doesn't have anything to do with sweet scent. And why is this sleep different from normal
- What pokémon's speed is lowered by three levels due to the wool? What do they have to do to trigger this effect? Activated at the start of what? You mean at the start of battle? What does this have to do with sweet scent (which lowers evasion, not speed)?

You need to explain this much better, and it appears to be too powerful as is, too.

Okay, I'd like to apply a signature move to my Pichu. I had it approved before everything vanished ages ago, but since I only just got back into this, I don't really have any proof other than that I copied it into a notepad file back when I made it. Also, it was made for a Pikachu, so I weakened it a bit in hopes that it won't be too strong for a Pichu to use.

[Dart]Pichu (M)
Static Ability
Signature Move: Elemental Spark

Pichu, being young, are known to have occasional problems controlling their electricity. This tended to discourage Dart, so he began to look for other means of offense. Fascinated by the wide variety of pokemon types, Dart experimented with the elemental energy deep within him, and learned to use some of this energy to perform attacks that most Pichu wouldn't dream of.

Elemental Spark can only be used after a type for the move "Hidden Power" has been determined. Dart taps into his hidden power for this move, becoming surrounded by multi-colored sparks as that power is drawn out. As a result, he may use one move outside of his usual movepool (chosen by the trainer) belonging to the type that "Hidden Power" had become. However, as the move is unfamiliar to Dart, he cannot use it as effectively, so all damage caused by a selected damaging move is reduced by 1%, and all side-effects of any move, damaging or otherwise, wear off slightly faster than normal. Naturally, it takes a fair amount of Dart's energy in order to pull off such an unusual attack. In addition, some moves cannot be chosen: Rock Polish cannot be chosen, for example, as Pichu are not made of rocks or any similar material. Finally, as a Pichu, only moves with a base power of 60 or less can be chosen (if the attack causes any damage at all).

The chosen move may be used multiple times, however Dart can't be commanded to use it directly (since he doesn't naturally learn it), and therefore must be commanded to use Elemental Spark in order to perform the unnatural move again. Also, if Elemental Spark is used multiple times, Dart must use the same attack chosen the first time for every other time Elemental Spark is used afterwards; a different attack cannot be chosen. In addition, if a move is chosen that spans multiple actions/rounds, such as the effects of Sunny Day, Elemental Spark cannot be used again until the effects of the previous use are over.

However, if Dart's Hidden Power is determined to be the Electric-Type, using Elemental Spark will increase base power of all damaging Electric-Type moves by 1% until the end of the battle. This specific effect cannot be canceled by any means.

Example:
If Hidden Power had been used and become Rock-Type, the trainer orders Elemental Spark and choses one Rock-Type move from outside Dart's movepool to use, in this example, Ancientpower. Dart then taps into its Rock-Type Hidden Power, using it's energy to perform Ancientpower. Damage caused by Ancientpower to the opponent is reduced by 1%. Ancientpower's chances to increase all stats remain the same, however if it occurs, the effects wear off faster than normal. If Elemental Spark is used again in the same battle, it is still the Rock-Type, and Dart may only perform another Ancientpower.

Type: Electric / Stat: -- / Base Damage %: -- / Accuracy: -- / Target: Self / Energy: 3% + the normal Energy Cost of the chosen attack / Duration: One action / Effects: One move outside Pichu's movepool may be used on the following action depending on "Hidden Power"'s determined type. The chosen move's base power is reduced by 1%. Chosen move's effects (if any) wear off slightly quicker (In terms of stat gain/drop that normally do not fade, they will only last for six actions). Only one unnatural move can be used per battle. Chosen move must have 60 base power or less. All damage done by damaging Electric-Type moves gain an additional 1% base power, only if Hidden Power is Electric-Type. / Usage Gap: Two rounds from end of all effects

Getting some sig-attributes.

[Slash Grizzly] Teddiursa F
Pickup

Signature Attribute: Hackencut Claw Armor

Slash was originally a test subject at Hackencut Armor Co., a company that created armor. She was equipped with two powerful metal arms. These arms were equipped with humongous metal claws, giving its wearer access to a wide variety of moves.

However, this comes with a series of side-effects. For one, the arms are rather large and heavy. It also makes Slash look rather intimidating, screwing over all chances of luring opponents off guard.

Effects:

Slash gains access to Poison Jab, X-Scissor, Dragon Claw, and Psycho Cut. He cannot use Fling, Focus Punch, Belly Drum, Fake Tears, or Charm. (She can't fling if she doesn't have hands, she can't punch with these humongous claws, she'd cut herself to pieces if she used Belly Drum, and she's too intimidating for Fake Tears or Charm to work.)

Slash's humongous claws slow her down, effectively giving her a speed modifier of -6. It cannot be changed in any way.

Slash's claws give her an intimidating appearance, giving her the ability Intimidate in addition to Pickup.

Okay, I'd like to apply a signature move to my Pichu. I had it approved before everything vanished ages ago, but since I only just got back into this, I don't really have any proof other than that I copied it into a notepad file back when I made it. Also, it was made for a Pikachu, so I weakened it a bit in hopes that it won't be too strong for a Pichu to use.

[Dart]Pichu (M)
Static Ability

Pichu, being young, are known to have occasional problems controlling their electricity. This tended to discourage Dart, so he began to look for other means of offense. Fascinated by the wide variety of pokemon types, Dart experimented with the elemental energy deep within him, and learned to use some of this energy to perform attacks that most Pichu wouldn't dream of.

Elemental Spark can only be used after a type for the move "Hidden Power" has been determined. Dart taps into his hidden power for this move, becoming surrounded by multi-colored sparks as that power is drawn out. As a result, he may use one move outside of his usual movepool (chosen by the trainer) belonging to the type that "Hidden Power" had become. However, as the move is unfamiliar to Dart, he cannot use it as effectively, so all damage caused by a selected damaging move is reduced by 1%, and all side-effects of any move, damaging or otherwise, wear off slightly faster than normal. Naturally, it takes a fair amount of Dart's energy in order to pull off such an unusual attack. In addition, some moves cannot be chosen: Rock Polish cannot be chosen, for example, as Pichu are not made of rocks or any similar material. Finally, as a Pichu, only moves with a base power of 60 or less can be chosen (if the attack causes any damage at all).

The chosen move may be used multiple times, however Dart can't be commanded to use it directly (since he doesn't naturally learn it), and therefore must be commanded to use Elemental Spark in order to perform the unnatural move again. Also, if Elemental Spark is used multiple times, Dart must use the same attack chosen the first time for every other time Elemental Spark is used afterwards; a different attack cannot be chosen. In addition, if a move is chosen that spans multiple actions/rounds, such as the effects of Sunny Day, Elemental Spark cannot be used again until the effects of the previous use are over.

However, if Dart's Hidden Power is determined to be the Electric-Type, using Elemental Spark will increase base power of all damaging Electric-Type moves by 1% until the end of the battle. This specific effect cannot be canceled by any means.

Example:
If Hidden Power had been used and become Rock-Type, the trainer orders Elemental Spark and choses one Rock-Type move from outside Dart's movepool to use, in this example, Ancientpower. Dart then taps into its Rock-Type Hidden Power, using it's energy to perform Ancientpower. Damage caused by Ancientpower to the opponent is reduced by 1%. Ancientpower's chances to increase all stats remain the same, however if it occurs, the effects wear off faster than normal. If Elemental Spark is used again in the same battle, it is still the Rock-Type, and Dart may only perform another Ancientpower.

Type: Electric / Stat: -- / Base Damage %: -- / Accuracy: -- / Target: Self / Energy: 3% + the normal Energy Cost of the chosen attack / Duration: One action / Effects: One move outside Pichu's movepool may be used on the following action depending on "Hidden Power"'s determined type. The chosen move's base power is reduced by 1%. Chosen move's effects (if any) wear off slightly quicker (In terms of stat gain/drop that normally do not fade, they will only last for six actions). Only one unnatural move can be used per battle. Chosen move must have 60 base power or less. All damage done by damaging Electric-Type moves gain an additional 1% base power, only if Hidden Power is Electric-Type. / Usage Gap: Two rounds from end of all effects

Change "the chosen attack's base power is reduced by 1%" to "the chosen attack's damage (if any) is reduced by 1% after all other calculations", and I think it should be good.

Fixed.

[Dart]Pichu (M)
Static Ability

Example:

Type: Electric / Stat: -- / Base Damage %: -- / Accuracy: -- / Target: Self / Energy: 3% + the normal Energy Cost of the chosen attack / Duration: One action / Effects: One move outside Pichu's movepool may be used on the following action depending on "Hidden Power"'s determined type. The chosen attack's damage (if any) is reduced by 1% after all other calculations. Chosen move's effects (if any) wear off slightly quicker (In terms of stat gain/drop that normally do not fade, they will only last for six actions). Only one unnatural move can be used per battle. Chosen move must have 60 base power or less. All damage done by damaging Electric-Type moves gain an additional 1% base power, only if Hidden Power is Electric-Type. / Usage Gap: Two rounds from end of all effects

Fixed.

[Dart]Pichu (M)
Static Ability

Example:

Type: Electric / Stat: -- / Base Damage %: -- / Accuracy: -- / Target: Self / Energy: 3% + the normal Energy Cost of the chosen attack / Duration: One action / Effects: One move outside Pichu's movepool may be used on the following action depending on "Hidden Power"'s determined type. The chosen attack's damage (if any) is reduced by 1% after all other calculations. Chosen move's effects (if any) wear off slightly quicker (In terms of stat gain/drop that normally do not fade, they will only last for six actions). Only one unnatural move can be used per battle. Chosen move must have 60 base power or less. All damage done by damaging Electric-Type moves gain an additional 1% base power, only if Hidden Power is Electric-Type. / Usage Gap: Two rounds from end of all effects

Approved.

Basic sig move for Envy.

[Envy] Mismagius F
Levitate

Sig Move: Heartbreaker

Envy isn't the type of person who enjoys romance. She finds the whole lovey-dovey thing ridiculous. However, she likes how it can be used to manipulate people. As a result, she began to attract her foes during battle.

Although she likes how she can have her opponents wrapped around her little finger, Envy found that sometimes she just wanted the facade of love she put up to... you know, just stop.

And thus, Heartbreaker was born.

Envy releases a neon green ball of spiritual energy, which then takes the form of a glowing sword. It homes in on the opponent, then aims straight at it. The sword does not leave a mark, but drains the opponent of health, in the process sucking away all the love energy inside of it. When it's done, it will return to Envy to give her back some of the drained life energy.

Type: ??? / Stat: Special / Base Damage: 10% / Accuracy: -- / Target: One Pokemon (must be attracted) / Energy: 10% / Duration: One action

The attack's target must be attracted for this move to work. Envy creates a spiritually charged sword and launches it at an attracted Pokemon. This sword is unavoidable, as it's a homing object (much like Swift). It will do 10% typeless damage, then return to Envy. Envy will then regain a certain amount of health, depending on how strong the attraction was.

If the attraction was strong, it heals 50% health. If the attraction was moderate, it heals 30% health. If the attraction was weak, it heals 10% health.

In addition, the foe's attraction will be canceled out. If the target was attracted to Envy, then the Envy cannot successfully use Attract or Captivate on that foe for the rest of the match.

Getting some sig-attributes.

[Slash Grizzly] Teddiursa F
Pickup

Signature Attribute: Hackencut Claw Armor

Slash was originally a test subject at Hackencut Armor Co., a company that created armor. She was equipped with two powerful metal arms. These arms were equipped with humongous metal claws, giving its wearer access to a wide variety of moves.

However, this comes with a series of side-effects. For one, the arms are rather large and heavy. It also makes Slash look rather intimidating, screwing over all chances of luring opponents off guard.

Effects:

Slash gains access to Poison Jab, X-Scissor, Dragon Claw, and Psycho Cut. He cannot use Fling, Focus Punch, Belly Drum, Fake Tears, or Charm. (She can't fling if she doesn't have hands, she can't punch with these humongous claws, she'd cut herself to pieces if she used Belly Drum, and she's too intimidating for Fake Tears or Charm to work.)

Slash's humongous claws slow her down, effectively giving her a speed modifier of -6. It cannot be changed in any way.

Slash's claws give her an intimidating appearance, giving her the ability Intimidate in addition to Pickup.

Looks alright to me, I guess. You could probably get away with more move additions/less of a speed reduction if you wanted, though. Approved on my part.

Basic sig move for Envy.

[Envy] Mismagius F
Levitate

Envy isn't the type of person who enjoys romance. She finds the whole lovey-dovey thing ridiculous. However, she likes how it can be used to manipulate people. As a result, she began to attract her foes during battle.

Although she likes how she can have her opponents wrapped around her little finger, Envy found that sometimes she just wanted the facade of love she put up to... you know, just stop.

Envy releases a neon green ball of spiritual energy, which then takes the form of a glowing sword. It homes in on the opponent, then aims straight at it. The sword does not leave a mark, but drains the opponent of health, in the process sucking away all the love energy inside of it. When it's done, it will return to Envy to give her back some of the drained life energy.

Type: ??? / Stat: Special / Base Damage: 10% / Accuracy: -- / Target: One Pokemon (must be attracted) / Energy: 10% / Duration: One action

The attack's target must be attracted for this move to work. Envy creates a spiritually charged sword and launches it at an attracted Pokemon. This sword is unavoidable, as it's a homing object (much like Swift). It will do 10% typeless damage, then return to Envy. Envy will then regain a certain amount of health, depending on how strong the attraction was.

If the attraction was strong, it heals 50% health. If the attraction was moderate, it heals 30% health. If the attraction was weak, it heals 10% health.

In addition, the foe's attraction will be canceled out. If the target was attracted to Envy, then the Envy cannot successfully use Attract or Captivate on that foe for the rest of the match.

Healing 50% health for 10% energy is a massive no. Considering the problems with an earlier mod potentially restoring 30% for 5% energy with only a 10% success rate I don't think that's going to fly, so I'd suggest you at least double it.

Nonono, it doesn't heal 50% health. It's a draining move, like Absorb or Drain Punch.

Oh, you mean it heals 50% of the damage inflicted? In that case you should reword it stating that it restores "1/2", "1/3" and "1/10" of the total damage instead. Never use percentages to refer to anything but health or energy in ASB, it gets confusing :P

[Envy] Mismagius F
Levitate

If the attraction was strong, it heals 1/2 of the damage done. If the attraction was moderate, it heals 1/3 of the damage done. If the attraction was weak, it heals 1/10 of the damage done.

Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom