• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pal Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you are the first customer to finish the Catching Show. You have:
Munchlax (Male), Leftovers, Sceptile (Female), Miracle Seed, Exeggcute (Male), Mommy Houndour, Moomoo Milk, Bellsprout (female), White Wailmer (Female), Toxic Orb, Surskit (Male), and a Lum Berry. I do this at the end of everyone's Catching Show, and nothing is valid 'till this point. Must put that in the Rules.

So. Back to the Field you go, Pikachu tailing you. Out of a patch of tall grass beside you comes a...
Blissey
You were one away from both a higher rarity and a Shiny. Guess your luck's gone. Oh well, [Catch / Ignore]? Hardly a choice.
Inventory: Park Ball x6
Points for Encounter: 90
Total Points: 90

And staying in the Field I guess?
Capture: +90 Points
A tall patch of grass yeilds a female...
Swablu
Who perches on your head and shows no sign of wishing to leave, even if you choose to ignore her. New hat yay. [Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x5, Blissey
Points for Encounter: 45
Total Points: 225

Capture: +45 Points
She gets captured fine, but bursts out after and sits on your head. Must be comfy. Several 90-degree shuffles later, out bounces a female...
Buneary
Who wraps her ears round your neck gently and decides you're her steed. [Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x4, Blissey, Swablu (Female)
Total Points: 315

Oh, sorry, wrong person. My mistake, not yours, but I guess I will add that as a rule to prevent confusion. Anyway.
Riolu stays in its ball like a good little whatever-it-is, and you head off to the forest. Wetfoot provides a glowing ball of psychic energy to light the way, and soon it illuminates a female...
Gulpin-f
Holding a pile of sludge.
Bag_Black_Sludge_Sprite.png

[Run / Attack / Defend] I mean [Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x3, Wailord (Female), Wailmer (Male), Water Stone, Barboach (Male), Riolu (Female)
Total Points: 495

Uh also in your Profile you've listed Furzewhisker's obtained location as 'Barboach'. That should probably be 'Pal Park'.

Haha silly me, poor Furzewhisker probably hates me now x[

Gulpin? I think I have one in there somewhere...yeah, I do. Moving on through the forest~
Also, you listed three Pokéballs in my inventory even though I have four Pokémon. I should only have two =x

I think I'm bad luck - we've had so many typos hehe '^-^

Yeah, I've had trouble remembering to decrease the Ball Count. Anyway. The air in front of you shifts, and suddenly there is a little green bird there. Wondering quite what happened, you examine the male...
Natu
Who is staring directly at you. [Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x2, Wailord (Female), Wailmer (Male), Water Stone, Barboach (Male), Riolu (Female)
Total Points: 540

Edit: Oops, didn't see you there, James. Well, Buneary in place, you wander off, and as you enter the Darkness, Pikachu's cheeks start glowing. No sparks this time; have you been training? Anyway, the air in front of you shifts, and suddenly there is a little green bird there. Wondering quite what happened, you examine the female...
Natu
Wow, that's odd. Same Pokémon twice. Hm. Least they're different-gendered, yes?
Natu hops onto your arm and digs her talons gently in. What are you, a Pokésanctuary?
Inventory: Park Ball x4, Blissey, Swablu (Female), Buneary on your neck who'll be forcibly leaving at the end
Total Points: 360

Random information: I have a coat hanger named Richard on my head.

James. Well, Buneary in place, you wander off, and as you enter the Darkness, Pikachu's cheeks start glowing. No sparks this time; have you been training? Anyway, the air in front of you shifts, and suddenly there is a little green bird there. Wondering quite what happened, you examine the female...
Natu
Wow, that's odd. Same Pokémon twice. Hm. Least they're different-gendered, yes?
Natu hops onto your arm and digs her talons gently in. What are you, a Pokésanctuary?
Inventory: Park Ball x4, Blissey, Swablu (Female), Buneary on your neck who'll be forcibly leaving at the end
Total Points: 360

Random information: I have a coat hanger named Richard on my head.
The verdana tags are coming back. You might want to change it out of wysiwyg mode :(

I'll catch it!

Out of what? But both times I've c/p'ed something, so that could be it. Anyway.
She, like Swablu, bursts right back out after capture, back onto your arm. You hear a hissing to your left and look around frantically for the source - a female...
Ekans
Who winds herself around your leg. What is it with affectionate female Pokémon today? [Capture / Ignore]
Inventory: Park Ball x3, Blissey, Swablu (Female), Buneary on your neck who'll be forcibly leaving at the end, Natu (Female)
Total Points: 450

Yeah, I've had trouble remembering to decrease the Ball Count. Anyway. The air in front of you shifts, and suddenly there is a little green bird there. Wondering quite what happened, you examine the male...
Natu
Inventory: Park Ball x2, Wailord (Female), Wailmer (Male), Water Stone, Barboach (Male), Riolu (Female)

Natu, now that's more like it. Do I get to keep all my Pokéballs if I stuff him in my coat for now? Catching him =3

Field now~ <3

Out of what? But both times I've c/p'ed something, so that could be it. Anyway.
She, like Swablu, bursts right back out after capture, back onto your arm. You hear a hissing to your left and look around frantically for the source - a female...
Ekans
Who winds herself around your leg. What is it with affectionate female Pokémon today? [Capture / Ignore]
Inventory: Park Ball x3, Blissey, Swablu (Female), Buneary on your neck who'll be forcibly leaving at the end, Natu (Female)
Total Points: 450
Do you see italicized text while posting as things like
Code:
[i]text[/i]
or as italicized text? If you see it italicized from the start, hit the A/A button in the top right corner before pasting and it'll stop putting font tags everywhere.

Catchinggg! Also, mountain.

Capture:+45 Points
No, you don't. No stealing.
Anyway, off to the Field, where some frantic 90-degree shuffling leads to an encounter with a male...
Hoothoot
He's ticking gently. [Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x1, Wailord (Female), Wailmer (Male), Water Stone, Barboach (Male), Riolu (Female), Natu (Male)
Total Points: 630

Edit: Didn't see James. So, Capture: +45 Points.
She, like the others, lets herself out to stay wrapped round your leg. Off to the mountain, and several smashed rocks later, out jumps a female...
Sneasel-f
Who looks at you adoringly, since she's too large to sit, perch or wrap on any part of your body. [Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x2, Blissey, Swablu (Female), Buneary on your neck who'll be forcibly leaving at the end, Natu (Female), Ekans (Female)

Last edited:
Edit: Didn't see James. So, Capture: +45 Points.
She, like the others, lets herself out to stay wrapped round your leg. Off to the mountain, and several smashed rocks later, out jumps a female...
Sneasel-f
Who looks at you adoringly, since she's too large to sit, perch or wrap on any part of your body. [Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x2, Blissey, Swablu (Female), Buneary on your neck who'll be forcibly leaving at the end, Natu (Female), Ekans (Female)
Catching the sneasel and also the buneary. It's still with me, eh?

Which brings me to six!

Melodic:
This is your final Park Ball. Capture: +45 Points
Inventory: Wailord (Female), Wailmer (Male), Water Stone, Barboach (Male), Riolu (Female), Natu (Male), Hoothoot (Male)
Total Points: 675
You have a choice of: Aguav, Figy, Iapapa, Mago, or Wiki Berry. Choice?

James:
Inventory: Park Ball x2, Blissey, Swablu (Female), Natu (Female), Ekans (Female), Sneasel (Female), Buneary (Female)
(?) Whatever, not different enough to make a difference.

*slaps $6 onto your forehead* ME WANT BALLZ PUHLEASE. I'm gonna take Pikachu with me and let's start with the Mountain. *giggles* balls :D *giggles*

Patar
You are immature. And $6 poorer. Anyway. A brief walk takes you to a rocky terrain, where a few Smashed Rocks reveal a female...
Aron
Who looks up at you curiously. She has been rejected by her herd and is just a baby - WILL YOU TAKE HER? She's holding a scrap of cast-off metal shell.
Bag_Metal_Coat_Sprite.png

Inventory: Park Balls x6
Total Points: 45

Melodic Harmony
Congratulations on finishing the Catching Show. You have:
Wailord (Female), Wailmer (Male), Water Stone, Barboach (Male), Riolu (Female), Natu (Male), Hoothoot (Male) and a Wiki Berry.

Last edited:
James:
Inventory: Park Ball x2, Blissey, Swablu (Female), Natu (Female), Ekans (Female), Sneasel (Female), Buneary (Female)
(?) Whatever, not different enough to make a difference.
Wiki berry!

Aaaand I'm done for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom