• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pal Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, sorry, wrong person. My mistake, not yours, but I guess I will add that as a rule to prevent confusion. Anyway.
Capture: +45 Points
Riolu stays in its ball like a good little whatever-it-is, and you head off to the forest. Wetfoot provides a glowing ball of psychic energy to light the way, and soon it illuminates a female...
Gulpin-f
Holding a pile of sludge.
Bag_Black_Sludge_Sprite.png

[Run / Attack / Defend] I mean [Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x3, Wailord (Female), Wailmer (Male), Water Stone, Barboach (Male), Riolu (Female)
Points for Encounter: 45
Total Points: 495

Uh also in your Profile you've listed Furzewhisker's obtained location as 'Barboach'. That should probably be 'Pal Park'.

James
Capture: +140 Points
(Oops, forgot to get its gender; rolled a one out of eight, so she’s female.)
Swiss Army Yellow Twerp Rat in tow, you head off to the Mountain. Several Rock Smashes later, you see, trying to reconstitute its cloak, a male...
Burmy-steel
Reconstitution complete, it glares angrily at you for producing the large vibrations that knocked off its Plant Cloak. As you approach, it rams its head into your side. Beginning to notice a pattern here?
[Catch / Ignore]
Inventory: Park Ball x5, Munchlax (Male), Leftovers, Sceptile (Female), Miracle Seed
Points for encounter: 45
Total Points: 460
Think there's enough font=verdana tags there? @_@

Skipping it~! Aaand mountain.

Don't recall adding the font tags but eh.
More Rock Smashes from your Swiss Army Rat reveal an irritated female...
Aron
Angrily she rams your side. With her head.
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x5, Munchlax (Male), Leftovers, Sceptile (Female), Miracle Seed
Total Points: 505

Don't recall adding the font tags but eh.
More Rock Smashes from your Swiss Army Rat reveal an irritated female...
Aron
Angrily she rams your side. With her head.
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 505
Skip! Aaand back to the forest. :(

Brm.
Igniting leaves as you go, you travel deep into the forest. Ramming into you come several eggs, one of them covering you with sticky yolk. That is, a male...
Exeggcute
[Catch / Ignore]?
Total Points: 550
You know, you are leaving a lot of little Pokies. Give them a home! :(

dude have you looked at my pokémon list recently I mean seriously too many ; ;

but I will take the egg
and go in the forest again

Yeah but no Aron!
Anyway, stamping out the flames ahead is a female...
Houndour
Funny, you'd think she'd like the fire. Seeing the Park Balls on your belt, she charges into you with a Howl, evidently defending the litter that you can see behind a tree. Aww, she's a mommy. A young mommy - she could only be a few years, equivalent to a nine-year-old human. Maybe her mommy died? In any case, that explains the container of milk, though it looks stolen. And shop-fresh. Anyway.
Bag_Moomoo_Milk_Sprite.png

[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x4, Munchlax (Male), Leftovers, Sceptile (Female), Miracle Seed, Exeggcute (Male)
Total Points: 595

Last edited:
Yeah, but when I'm looking for a bellsprout or a cacnea or a carnivine....

Catching it, and forest!

No need to restate the same location; just 'keeping going' or similar will do fine.
Capture: +45 Points.
A vine pitcher plant thing at your side springs to life and bites you in the arm, though the effect is somewhat limited due to her lack of teeth.
Bellsprout
Hey, one of the ones you were looking for! [Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x4, Munchlax (Male), Leftovers, Sceptile (Female), Miracle Seed, Exeggcute (Male), Mommy Houndour, Moomoo Milk
Total Points: 685
(Oh, and the Houndour litter will be just fine. A Houndoom has been trying to get to them for a while, but Mommy Houndour kept her away. She'll adopt them.)

How you get onto the water on such a small yellow thing without being electrocuted is a total mystery, but. You see a white thing approaching; it surfaces and moans pathetically. She seems ill. The largest hint is that she's bleach-white.
Wailmer
Bag_Toxic_Orb_Sprite.png

Just for the record, she's a 1/20 option until someone catches her: she wants healing. Her color will return after healing, and she'll be fine.
Inventory: Park Ball x4, Munchlax (Male), Leftovers, Sceptile (Female), Miracle Seed, Exeggcute (Male), Mommy Houndour, Moomoo Milk, Bellsprout (female)
Total Points: 775

It is, isn't it?

I don't want to use a pokéball, but... think I can take the Toxic Orb from her, feed her my Old Gateau, and see if she'll conveniently follow me? I think the Pikatwerp would be happier if I was sitting on a giant whale instead of a tiny rodent.

Okay. And I was wrong; her color will never return. Hey, she's unique, right? I also just realised she never attacked you.
Skating towards you from your left is a male...
Surskit
He Quickly Attacks you twice and then stops still. Makes up for Whitey never attacking.
[Catch / Ignore]?
Inventory: Park Ball x4, Munchlax (Male), Leftovers, Sceptile (Female), Miracle Seed, Exeggcute (Male), Mommy Houndour, Moomoo Milk, Bellsprout (female), White Wailmer (Female), Toxic Orb
Total Points: 865

Didn't you used to be called Surskitty?

Last edited:
Doesn't Wailmer make six?

... but I'd totally catch the surskit too. Though my dislike of surskit is waaaaaaay up there.

You know what you're right, she does. I seem to have forgotten to make you actually use the Park Balls. Well, you could release something you've already caught, keeping any items you got from it, or buy a Park Ball for $2, or ignore him. Choice is yours. In any case, you need your Berry.

Also, if you dislike Surskit, why the old name?

Last edited:
Buy a park ball for the surskit, I guess.

Surskit and skitty merge together seamlessly (which is kind of rare in the english names) and you can replace the k with an h. Also, they're both swarm pokémon and complete assholes to find.

Also, it's surskitty, not Surskitty. The distinction is notable.

Okay. Capture: +45 Points. -$2 for the Park Ball.
Inventory: Park Ball x4, Munchlax (Male), Leftovers, Sceptile (Female), Miracle Seed, Exeggcute (Male), Mommy Houndour, Moomoo Milk, Bellsprout (female), White Wailmer (Female), Toxic Orb, Surskit (Male)
Total Points: 910
So, the Berry choice is: Bluk, Nanab, Lum, Pinap, Razz, Sitrus, or Wepear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom