• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I haven't issued my own challenge in a while...

2v2 Single
DQ:
7 days.
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 6 chills/Pokemon
Arena: Brightmoon Tor

Brightmoon Tor is a mind-bendingly tall tower that comes and goes on the whims of the moon in the Jylland region of Ivalice. It is a beautiful structure made up of countless floors, each one stuffed with monsters and treasures beyond your wildest dreams.

The Tor consists of three 'Watches'. Each Watch is the same; three grey stone platforms, each about 15 feet square each, connected by carefully-hewn stairs. Towering dragon-shaped pillars hold up the roof, and each room is oddly spacious. A large red gemstone lurks on one of the platforms (randomly determined by the Ref), when touched by a Pokemon changes the Watch.

The First Watch carries the following properties:

- There is a 10% chance that both combatants will be Poisoned (90% chance normal poison, 10% Badly Poisoned) and their speed reduced by one stage.
- There is a 5% chance that one combatant (50/50 chance of each) will be put to Sleep.

The Second Watch contains the following properties:

- There is a 10% chance that both combatants will be mildly Confused.
- There is a 5% chance that one combatant (50/50 chance of each) will take 5% Typeless Damage.

The Third Watch contains the following properties:

- There is a 10% chance that both combatants will have their Speed reduced by two stages.
- There is a 5% chance that one combatant (50/50 chance of each) will have their Attack and Defence boosted by one stage each.

Each effect can stack and both have a chance of appearing in the same round, and linger after the Watch switches. The Watch is only switched when a Pokemon willingly touches a crystal, and the switch happens at the end of the round.

In addiction, three other gems can be found very rarely (5% chance) on each of the Watches, and if picked up by a Pokemon, grant the properties. As long as one of these gemstones is active, no others can be found. They are as follows:

- Crimson Tear: a blood red stone that boosts the holder's Attack by one stage.

- Snowy Tear: a snowy white gem that boosts the holders Sp.Atk by one stage.

- Azure Tear: a calming blue gem that boost the holder's evasion by one stage.

If the Tor switches Watches, the Gem disappears.

Hooray for needlessly complicated arenas! Who's up for it?

So I haven't issued my own challenge in a while...

2v2 Single
DQ:
7 days.
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, 6 chills/Pokemon
Arena: Brightmoon Tor

Brightmoon Tor is a mind-bendingly tall tower that comes and goes on the whims of the moon in the Jylland region of Ivalice. It is a beautiful structure made up of countless floors, each one stuffed with monsters and treasures beyond your wildest dreams.

The Tor consists of three 'Watches'. Each Watch is the same; three grey stone platforms, each about 15 feet square each, connected by carefully-hewn stairs. Towering dragon-shaped pillars hold up the roof, and each room is oddly spacious. A large red gemstone lurks on one of the platforms (randomly determined by the Ref), when touched by a Pokemon changes the Watch.

The First Watch carries the following properties:

- There is a 10% chance that both combatants will be Poisoned (90% chance normal poison, 10% Badly Poisoned) and their speed reduced by one stage.
- There is a 5% chance that one combatant (50/50 chance of each) will be put to Sleep.

The Second Watch contains the following properties:

- There is a 10% chance that both combatants will be mildly Confused.
- There is a 5% chance that one combatant (50/50 chance of each) will take 5% Typeless Damage.

The Third Watch contains the following properties:

- There is a 10% chance that both combatants will have their Speed reduced by two stages.
- There is a 5% chance that one combatant (50/50 chance of each) will have their Attack and Defence boosted by one stage each.

Each effect can stack and both have a chance of appearing in the same round, and linger after the Watch switches. The Watch is only switched when a Pokemon willingly touches a crystal, and the switch happens at the end of the round.

In addiction, three other gems can be found very rarely (5% chance) on each of the Watches, and if picked up by a Pokemon, grant the properties. As long as one of these gemstones is active, no others can be found. They are as follows:

- Crimson Tear: a blood red stone that boosts the holder's Attack by one stage.

- Snowy Tear: a snowy white gem that boosts the holders Sp.Atk by one stage.

- Azure Tear: a calming blue gem that boost the holder's evasion by one stage.

If the Tor switches Watches, the Gem disappears.

Hooray for needlessly complicated arenas! Who's up for it?

Taking challenge because I need more battling experience on complicated arenas.

oh man! I was just smacked in the face with inspiration! This will doubtless be the best arena ever! and Shadow Serenity gets to be the first to try it with me >:3

4vs4 double
Style: Set
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, any moves which would induce Sleep, Wake-Up Slap, 5 chills/Pokemon
Arena: Kyoto of Dreams (based on LSD Dream Emulator)

The battle begins in the center of town. What is this strange place!? It vaguely resembles the old streets of Kyoto, but the colors of the walls are bright and saturated, and the buildings are aligned so evenly. Bronze statues of Confucius, geisha, tengu, and bipedal bulls pulling carts walk the perfect streets. At the southern edge of town there is a river with three bridges that go across it. Occasionally one will find a boatman carrying a woman dressed as a geisha on a scenic trip through the river. There are several strange shrines dotted throughout the town, including a shrine with two wolves, a shrine which is a stone head of Buddha, and two more shrines which are a giant stone hand and foot.
The town has a strange feel about it, making battlers much too uncomfortable to fall asleep. A move like Wake-Up Slap may prove fatal in such a dreamlike place. The amorphous walls are also uncomfortable to the touch.

Other:
There is a 5% chance per action that either A) a statue of Confucius will pass through and absorb the damage of an attack (like a substitute; which Pokemon's attack is absorbed is determined, of course, by 1/4 odds) or B) a man in a gray trench coat and hat will pass through and cause all battlers to forget the move they used three actions ago (in the form of Disable; it is only temporary). Which will appear is a 50/50 chance.

There is a 7% chance per round that either A) a gigantic Geisha will walk by the battlers and cause one battler on each side to become temporarily infatuated with the other regardless of gender, or B) the "Kyoto Giant", a giant bear with bull horns, will cause 5% damage to all battlers. Which will appear is a 50/50 chance. The chance for these to appear increases to 10% if combatants are near the river.

If a Pokemon comes into contact with a wall, the arena will change to a different color and pattern until a wall is contacted again, and the Pokemon who contacted the wall has a 15% of being so disoriented it becomes confused.

Accept my challenge? profile

Format: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1
Dmg. Cap: 50%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Direct Healing Moves, Any moves that aren't really possible (dig, Surf, etc.)Chills 3/Pokemon
Arena Name: Pool table
Arena Description: The combatants duke it out on a standard green felt pool table. However, the pool table is absolutely gargantuan, with the average ball being the size of a Nidoking.At the beginning of each round the random floating cue will hit a shot, which has a twenty percent chance of hitting a Pokemon. The Pokemon will take 4% damage from being hit. A Pokemon may hide in a pocket for protection, but there is a ten percent chance a ball will fall in the pocket, making them take 8% damage. A Pokemon may not climb off of the table.
Additional Rules: No Water Pokemon that can't survive outside of water

P-R-O-Uh...-F!-Y?-L

:D

If I could be your third?
Profile, GET!

oh man! I was just smacked in the face with inspiration! This will doubtless be the best arena ever! and Shadow Serenity gets to be the first to try it with me >:3

4vs4 double
Banned Moves: OHKOs, any moves which would induce Sleep, Wake-Up Slap, 5 chills/Pokemon
Arena: Kyoto of Dreams (based on LSD Dream Emulator)

The battle begins in the center of town. What is this strange place!? It vaguely resembles the old streets of Kyoto, but the colors of the walls are bright and saturated, and the buildings are aligned so evenly. Bronze statues of Confucius, geisha, tengu, and bipedal bulls pulling carts walk the perfect streets. At the southern edge of town there is a river with three bridges that go across it. Occasionally one will find a boatman carrying a woman dressed as a geisha on a scenic trip through the river. There are several strange shrines dotted throughout the town, including a shrine with two wolves, a shrine which is a stone head of Buddha, and two more shrines which are a giant stone hand and foot.
The town has a strange feel about it, making battlers much too uncomfortable to fall asleep. A move like Wake-Up Slap may prove fatal in such a dreamlike place. The amorphous walls are also uncomfortable to the touch.

Other:
There is a 5% chance per action that either A) a statue of Confucius will pass through and absorb the damage of an attack (like a substitute; which Pokemon's attack is absorbed is determined, of course, by 1/4 odds) or B) a man in a gray trench coat and hat will pass through and cause all battlers to forget the move they used three actions ago (in the form of Disable; it is only temporary). Which will appear is a 50/50 chance.

There is a 7% chance per round that either A) a gigantic Geisha will walk by the battlers and cause one battler on each side to become temporarily infatuated with the other regardless of gender, or B) the "Kyoto Giant", a giant bear with bull horns, will cause 5% damage to all battlers. Which will appear is a 50/50 chance. The chance for these to appear increases to 10% if combatants are near the river.

If a Pokemon comes into contact with a wall, the arena will change to a different color and pattern until a wall is contacted again, and the Pokemon who contacted the wall has a 15% of being so disoriented it becomes confused.

Accept my challenge? profile

Sounds interesting. I accept your challenge. >:D

Profile of doom~

If you haven't noticed, Lars kinda left.
People flounce and then decide to pop back up again all the time. If Lars decides to return, it's more convenient to have it left up there so he could potentially pick it up again than it would be to go and remove it and then have him return and want it back. It would be far too much of a headache for me to go through and prune all the challenges I thought had no chance of one or more player showing up rather than simply jettisoning old battles every month.

Format: 4 vs 4, single
Style: Switch
DQ: Two weeks
Dmg. Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Chills 3/Pokemon
Arena Name: Tropical Greenhouse
Arena Description: Someone, somewhere in ASB has been silly enough to let two trainers borrow their Greenhouse for a battle. The Greenhouse is very large, about the size of two tennis courts, and is high-ceilinged. Tropical green plants are flourishing everywhere, in rows of pots, hanging baskets or just climbing all over the place. There are long tables lined up from one end of the Greenhouse to the other, all entirely covered in green leafery, pots, old watering cans, potting mix, fertilizer, and so on.
Since the Greenhouse mostly houses tropical plants, the air inside is very humid and warm, and due to the glass panes, Sunny Day is in effect. Water can be summoned from any of the hosepipes in the room, and there are various objects littered about the place that can be used as projectiles; pots, spades, bags of fertilzer, buckets, and so on. These will deal 3% typeless damage.
Additional Rules: Grass-types will probably be well at home here, and could probably camouflage well in the various tropical plants. Also, battlers cannot leave the Greenhouse, but I'm sure the Greenhouse owner will understand about a few broken windows... won't they? Water-dependant pokemon are not recommended.

Up for it?

Format: 4 vs 4, single
DQ: Two weeks
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Chills 3/Pokemon
Arena Name: Tropical Greenhouse
Arena Description: Someone, somewhere in ASB has been silly enough to let two trainers borrow their Greenhouse for a battle. The Greenhouse is very large, about the size of two tennis courts, and is high-ceilinged. Tropical green plants are flourishing everywhere, in rows of pots, hanging baskets or just climbing all over the place. There are long tables lined up from one end of the Greenhouse to the other, all entirely covered in green leafery, pots, old watering cans, potting mix, fertilizer, and so on.
Since the Greenhouse mostly houses tropical plants, the air inside is very humid and warm, and due to the glass panes, Sunny Day is in effect. Water can be summoned from any of the hosepipes in the room, and there are various objects littered about the place that can be used as projectiles; pots, spades, bags of fertilzer, buckets, and so on. These will deal 3% typeless damage.
Additional Rules: Grass-types will probably be well at home here, and could probably camouflage well in the various tropical plants. Also, battlers cannot leave the Greenhouse, but I'm sure the Greenhouse owner will understand about a few broken windows... won't they? Water-dependant pokemon are not recommended.

Up for it?

I only have 4 pokemon, but I'll take this challenge!
Profile?

2vs2 single
DQ: Month
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Aroma Field

Once every 10 turns, a pokemon in your party gets affected by a Status Condition. The grass is soft and allows a 10% extra chance of the attack to hit.
Other: None

GPM's profile
£25
Wins: 0
Losses: 0
Battles Participated In: 0
Active Squad - Chikorita (Leafpod) (Male) (Overgrow) and Turtwig (Treesmash) (Male) (Overgrow)
Stored Pokemon - None
Item Inventory - None

Grass Pokemon Master said:
GPM's profile
£25
Active Squad - Chikorita (Leafpod) (Male) (Overgrow) and Turtwig (Treesmash) (Male) (Overgrow)
Stored Pokemon - None
Item Inventory - None

You need to actually provide a link to your profile post (like mine for example). You do this by going into the profile thread, and finding your post. Then what you do is click the number in the top-right corner (on this one it should say #1331). When you click that, it'll take you to a new page that isolates only that post from the whole thread - copy the url and that's the link you need.

After you've done that, I'd make sure you keep the URL somewhere - put your profile post in your favourites or something, because you need it for everything in ASB, pretty much.

2vs2 single
DQ: Month
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Aroma Field

Once every 10 turns, a pokemon in your party gets affected by a Status Condition. The grass is soft and allows a 10% extra chance of the attack to hit.
Other: None

GPM's profile
£25
Stored Pokemon - None
Item Inventory - None

I'll accept this
my profile

Grass Pokémon Master

The fact that you do not have an approved team also makes you ineligible to post challenges in the first place.

thunder's acceptance is invalid for obvious reasons.

Format: 2 vs 2, single
DQ: 72 hours
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, 5 direct healing (health) moves per pokemon.
Arena Name: Haunted Mountain
Arena Description: A tall rocky mountain where an ancient battle was once held, until a rockslide killed all participents, the spirits of the dead are still said to haunt it. An eerie mist often floats over the mountain and ghostly rocks still fall down on some days.
Additional Rules: Ghost type moves gain a 13% boost and cost 1 less energy. Every round there is a 25% chance that a ghostly mist will come in, it has the same effect as mist and lowers accuracy by 5%. Finally there is a 13% chance that ghostly rocks will hit a pokemon, they behave like a ghost typed rock throw.

my profile

Format: 2 vs 2, single
DQ: 72 hours
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, 5 direct healing (health) moves per pokemon.
Arena Name: Haunted Mountain
Arena Description: A tall rocky mountain where an ancient battle was once held, until a rockslide killed all participents, the spirits of the dead are still said to haunt it. An eerie mist often floats over the mountain and ghostly rocks still fall down on some days.
Additional Rules: Ghost type moves gain a 13% boost and cost 1 less energy. Every round there is a 25% chance that a ghostly mist will come in, it has the same effect as mist and lowers accuracy by 5%. Finally there is a 13% chance that ghostly rocks will hit a pokemon, they behave like a ghost typed rock throw.

my profile

Meh, I'm waiting so I'll take the challenge. PROFILE FTW

Format: 3 vs. 3, Single
Disqualification Period: 1/2 Fortnight
Damage Cap: 33%
Banned Moves: One-Hit Knock-out moves, 4 healing moves total, 2 Chills/Pokémon, Fire-typed moves (we wouldn't want to burn the Island)
Field: Carnivorous Island (or, alternatively, Pi's Island)
Our next Island stop takes us to a large Island, about a couple of miles radius, floats in the Pacific Ocean. Yes, floats. The Island is made up of a large clump of algae. Trees are seen on the algae, however, these are only an extension of the algae. If a Pokémon eats the Algae (in the daytime), they recover 4% health and energy. Grass typed moves recieve a 1.25x Damage Bonus As you walk further into the Island, you can see Meerkats Sentret. Thousands, or maybe millions of them. On this Island, they seem to be scavangers, eating dead fish that appear in the nearby freshwater pools, but are harmless. These pools are large enough to accomidate even a Wailord, even though it probably could not move well.
At night (the even-numbered turns), the algae turns acidic, and all of the Sentret run up trees to get away. A Pokémon stuck on the ground or in the pools takes 10% damage every turn. Climbing the trees counts as an action.

Extra:(This is the (metphorical?) island from The Life of Pi)

Format: 3 vs. 3, Single
Disqualification Period: 1/2 Fortnight
Damage Cap: 33%
Banned Moves: One-Hit Knock-out moves, 4 healing moves total, 2 Chills/Pokémon, Fire-typed moves (we wouldn't want to burn the Island)
Field: Carnivorous Island (or, alternatively, Pi's Island)
Our next Island stop takes us to a large Island, about a couple of miles radius, floats in the Pacific Ocean. Yes, floats. The Island is made up of a large clump of algae. Trees are seen on the algae, however, these are only an extension of the algae. If a Pokémon eats the Algae (in the daytime), they recover 4% health and energy. Grass typed moves recieve a 1.25x Damage Bonus As you walk further into the Island, you can see Meerkats Sentret. Thousands, or maybe millions of them. On this Island, they seem to be scavangers, eating dead fish that appear in the nearby freshwater pools, but are harmless. These pools are large enough to accomidate even a Wailord, even though it probably could not move well.
At night (the even-numbered turns), the algae turns acidic, and all of the Sentret run up trees to get away. A Pokémon stuck on the ground or in the pools takes 10% damage every turn. Climbing the trees counts as an action.

Extra:(This is the (metphorical?) island from The Life of Pi)

Taking this because this is one of my favourite books <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom