• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

& i walk to the sky

surskitty

「にがいのは いやだ」って…
Pronoun
they
The moon's reflection is bright against the waves, though the fog is thick like pudding. The air tastes faintly sweet, and your footsteps echo as you wander up to the small pavilion by the cliff edge. Dirt lightly covers the slate path. The slate's in obvious disrepair, but it seems well-loved: the cracks are worn and dulled.

There's a girl sprawled across a bean bag next to the table in the center. "I don't believe we've met," she says as she rubs at a scuffmark on the table, "but you're welcome here all the same. It's a fine day, isn't it?"

It seems like it's going to rain.

"It's sort of the off season, but I still have some items to sell.... Pokéballs are $3 each, or you could get a lifetime access pass for $8. If you do that, though, I'll have to ask that you catch all of your pokémon the old-fashioned way." The pikachu on a leash next to her flicks an ear at that.

"I also have a few item grab bags. Those're $3, too, and you can exchange one item from the bag for one random item. Of course, you might as well bring some of your own.

"While you should take a pokémon, I'll have to ask that it's only one. We've had problems with a few too many people letting their poochyena mark their territory on the trails, and they're less likely to do that without a pack."

Journey so far
& Pavilion
- found Pikachu (owned) & trainer
- grab bag items -- unknown
& Mountain
- found trail

(( Pretentious narration aside, this is a bit of an exercise in ingenuity. While yes, you can just pay $3 and look for pokémon -- you might even get more than one, though as in Radish HQ that has more to do with your choice of pokémon and my mood -- you'd get a lot farther through RP. I don't expect brilliant posts and I don't expect paragraphs. I expect that you've thought about what you're doing a little.

ETA: PLEASE LIST ITEMS YOU HAVE THAT ARE NOT AREA-SPECIFIC IN YOUR FIRST POST. If it's from a Pokemon game, or thematically similar, TELL ME.))

Last edited:
Lifetime pass get.

Gogogogo Saccharine the Zangoose.

A dark-headed boy walks down the worn path, tiptoeing around the cracks in the ground in a sort of game. He whistles a song raspily as he goes along, Pokéballs around his waist tapping a bit against each other. He pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose to see a girl in a beanbag chair. He had always wanted one of those... Oh, and a Pikachu, too! how cute.

"Umm, I think I'd like to try this," he says after her rather long, but interesting, conversation. Hmm, who to use, who to use... Grabbing a Friend Ball off of his belt, the boy clicks the button, enlarging the orb, and then raps it on the table. Saccharine, his Zangoose who was thankfully rescued from a Crazy Cat Lady, stands at attention, claws rasping over each other as he goes to make a sarcastic salute.

The boy, remembering the Pikachu, pulls a Rawst Berry from his pocket and hands it to the yellow rodent.

Last edited:
She shifts her messenger bag from one shoulder to the other, absently checking her progress on the screen of her pokégear. Why it was that some people chose the most obscure, remote places to set up their area, she'd never know. Still, she liked stopping by the new ones when they cropped up, even if it was only to slap them on the wrist for supplying supposedly rare pokémon. There had to be a balance to these things!

She looks up suddenly; lost in thought, she'd nearly smacked into a support pillar of the structure. She makes her way around and into the pavilion, spotting who was probably the owner. That thought was affirmed when, upon noticing her presence, the girl goes off into the typical "welcome to my place" speech she'd heard often. She quirks an eyebrow at the weather comment, seeing as it's late evening and not the clearest atmosphere by far, but hey. Whatever floats her goat.

She dusts off a place close to the beanbag chair and sits for a bit, stretching her legs and taking in the rather dreary sight. She clears her throat. "Out here in the middle of nowhere... What'cha doin'? Don't you get bored?" She doesn't mean it to sound intrusive, just curious.

I figure I should probably actually ... do something with this ...

Lifetime pass get.

Gogogogo Saccharine the Zangoose.

A dark-headed boy walks down the worn path, tiptoeing around the cracks in the ground in a sort of game. He whistles a song raspily as he goes along, Pokéballs around his waist tapping a bit against each other. He pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose to see a girl in a beanbag chair. He had always wanted one of those... Oh, and a Pikachu, too! how cute.

"Umm, I think I'd like to try this," he says after her rather long, but interesting, conversation. Hmm, who to use, who to use... Grabbing a Friend Ball off of his belt, the boy clicks the button, enlarging the orb, and then raps it on the table. Saccharine, his Zangoose who was thankfully rescued from a Crazy Cat Lady, stands at attention, claws rasping over each other as he goes to make a sarcastic salute.

The boy, remembering the Pikachu, pulls a Rawst Berry from his pocket and hands it to the yellow rodent.
Is it truly conversation if she's the only one involved? She stretches, yawns, and hands over one (1) laminated playing card [jack of hearts] signed "watermelon radish" and a ten meter (10m) roll of twine. "If you're looking for Pokémon, try over that way" -- she points to a gravel trail -- "and don't let your zangoose wander off too far; I've been seeing a few seviper recently."

The pikachu sniffs at your hand, then the berry. "Chuu?" she says, zapping it. Satisfied that the berry is dead, she sticks it in her mouth and runs off.

It comes back thirty seconds later with two (2) sealed envelopes, addressed to -- you can't make it out.

Now what?
She shifts her messenger bag from one shoulder to the other, absently checking her progress on the screen of her pokégear. Why it was that some people chose the most obscure, remote places to set up their area, she'd never know. Still, she liked stopping by the new ones when they cropped up, even if it was only to slap them on the wrist for supplying supposedly rare pokémon. There had to be a balance to these things!

She looks up suddenly; lost in thought, she'd nearly smacked into a support pillar of the structure. She makes her way around and into the pavilion, spotting who was probably the owner. That thought was affirmed when, upon noticing her presence, the girl goes off into the typical "welcome to my place" speech she'd heard often. She quirks an eyebrow at the weather comment, seeing as it's late evening and not the clearest atmosphere by far, but hey. Whatever floats her goat.

She dusts off a place close to the beanbag chair and sits for a bit, stretching her legs and taking in the rather dreary sight. She clears her throat. "Out here in the middle of nowhere... What'cha doin'? Don't you get bored?" She doesn't mean it to sound intrusive, just curious.
Balance is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Perhaps she likes the rain. It's a bit damp, but the air doesn't bode like there'll be a thunderstorm. You never know, though.

"I like it out here," she says; the pikachu hops into her lap and chirps. "Chotto here can power my laptop, and my internet connection's not that bad. It might be the middle of nowhere, but there're enough pokémon around it at least doesn't get boring.

"Though ... there is something I've been meaning to do ..."

Last edited:
Balance is a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Perhaps she likes the rain. It's a bit damp, but the air doesn't bode like there'll be a thunderstorm. You never know, though.

"I like it out here," she says; the pikachu hops into her lap and chirps. "Chotto here can power my laptop, and my internet connection's not that bad. It might be the middle of nowhere, but there're enough pokémon around it at least doesn't get boring.

"Though ... there is something I've been meaning to do ..."

Midnight arches an eyebrow. A laptop and an internet connection out here? Sure wouldn't expect that. Still, I guess she would get pretty bored without it.

She smiles at the pikachu, offers her hand to sniff before scritching her behind the ears. "Chotto~ Chotto matte kudasai~ Chotto ga ii pikachuu desu neee~" she says softly. She wasn't as into pikachu as some kids she knew - frankly, she thought raichu were cuter - but they were okay when they weren't getting into your walls and chewing the power out right when you finished your final essay but before you hit the save button...! But that was years ago. She held nothing against pikachu in general. Really.

Balance is wonderful. For instance, when someone you've just met implies a fetch quest, you take the fetch quest and balance is restored. Ten years of video games have taught her this. "Hm? Anything I could help with?"

Midnight arches an eyebrow. A laptop and an internet connection out here? Sure wouldn't expect that. Still, I guess she would get pretty bored without it.

She smiles at the pikachu, offers her hand to sniff before scritching her behind the ears. "Chotto~ Chotto matte kudasai~ Chotto ga ii pikachuu desu neee~" she says softly. She wasn't as into pikachu as some kids she knew - frankly, she thought raichu were cuter - but they were okay when they weren't getting into your walls and chewing the power out right when you finished your final essay but before you hit the save button...! But that was years ago. She held nothing against pikachu in general. Really.

Balance is wonderful. For instance, when someone you've just met implies a fetch quest, you take the fetch quest and balance is restored. Ten years of video games have taught her this. "Hm? Anything I could help with?"
It's a mystery how that would work, isn't it! At least the internet connection.

The pikachu smirks in a way reminiscent of certain other pikachu, flicks an ear, and nips at your index finger. "Pikapika," she says, sparking slightly, before turning to face you.

"Chotto! How rude!" the girl says, briefly distracted. She turns back to you -- the pikachu flips her trainer the bird -- and sighs. "A few of the power cables up north have been a bit ... unreliable. I've been meaning to check on them, but Chotto here runs the generator whenever anything comes up and she's -- well. Suffice to say. Someone needs to check on it, and I!" action pose , "volunteer!" action pose, "you!

"If you don't mind, of course. I'll throw in an item bag?"

Is it truly conversation if she's the only one involved? She stretches, yawns, and hands over one (1) laminated playing card [jack of hearts] signed "watermelon radish" and a ten meter (10m) roll of twine. "If you're looking for Pokémon, try over that way" -- she points to a gravel trail -- "and don't let your zangoose wander off too far; I've been seeing a few seviper recently."

The pikachu sniffs at your hand, then the berry. "Chuu?" she says, zapping it. Satisfied that the berry is dead, she sticks it in her mouth and runs off.

It comes back thirty seconds later with two (2) sealed envelopes, addressed to -- you can't make it out.

Now what?

The boy raises his eyebrow at the card. 'Watermelon radish'? It sounded like a fruitvendor's computer password... He stares at it for a moment more before slipping the stiff card into his shirt pocket. (The pocket has a hole in the bottom, but it was nowhere near large enough for a playing card to slip through) The boy mutters a quick 'thank you' before crouching down to eye-level with his bipedal companion.

"Now, I'm not gonna try to convince you not to attack any Seviper we see, but... At least try to restrain yourself, Sach?"

With that, the brown-haired collector stands up, stretches, and jams the large roll of twine into one of his jean pockets, slipping the unintelligible letters into the other one with less of a struggle.

That task done with, he trots off towards the gravel path, Zangoose close behind. On his way he notices a large piece of gravel (about the size of an eyeball but all flattish), which he absentmindedly stows in his sock before continuing.

The boy raises his eyebrow at the card. 'Watermelon radish'? It sounded like a fruitvendor's computer password... He stares at it for a moment more before slipping the stiff card into his shirt pocket. (The pocket has a hole in the bottom, but it was nowhere near large enough for a playing card to slip through) The boy mutters a quick 'thank you' before crouching down to eye-level with his bipedal companion.

"Now, I'm not gonna try to convince you not to attack any Seviper we see, but... At least try to restrain yourself, Sach?"

With that, the brown-haired collector stands up, stretches, and jams the large roll of twine into one of his jean pockets, slipping the unintelligible letters into the other one with less of a struggle.

That task done with, he trots off towards the gravel path, Zangoose close behind. On his way he notices a large piece of gravel (about the size of an eyeball but all flattish), which he absentmindedly stows in his sock before continuing.
It's also an actual type of radish. See? As long as any NPCs you end up meeting know what it means, though, it doesn't really matter, eh?

The path forks fairly quickly, and while you've likely got a good enough sense of direction to find the pavilion again -- it'd be rather depressing if you didn't; it's RIGHT THERE -- you can't actually see it.

On one direction -- it looks more interesting! you have narrativium saying it's a good idea! -- there is a dirt path! Everyone likes dirt paths! Especially poochyena poop! (Gross; don't step there.) There's an angry-looking male geodude trying to intimidate a graveler of indeterminate gender in a bush. (It's hard to sex giant rocks, okay; they don't have any obvious gender dimorphism and the pokédex only works if it can get a clear shot. Assuming you have a pokédex, anyway.) You could probably go rescue whichever giant rock ends up needing it, and by rescue I may mean capture.

Off in the distance -- far enough that if you tried to throw your new rock, you'd probably miss, though the zangoose might have better aim -- the gravel path leads to a winding paved (paved! with pavement! concrete, but pavement!) road that looks like it may cling to the cliff edge. There's nothing inherently interesting up that way that you can see, but it's worth noting.

Last edited:
It's a mystery how that would work, isn't it! At least the internet connection.

The pikachu smirks in a way reminiscent of certain other pikachu, flicks an ear, and nips at your index finger. "Pikapika," she says, sparking slightly, before turning to face you.

"Chotto! How rude!" the girl says, briefly distracted. She turns back to you -- the pikachu flips her trainer the bird -- and sighs. "A few of the power cables up north have been a bit ... unreliable. I've been meaning to check on them, but Chotto here runs the generator whenever anything comes up and she's -- well. Suffice to say. Someone needs to check on it, and I!" action pose, "volunteer!" action pose, "you!

"If you don't mind, of course. I'll throw in an item bag?"

She pulls her hand back and sucks on her finger, glaring at the rat. Well. She /could/ have something against pikachu in general if pikachu in general were /jerks/.

Oh man action poses yessss. Midnight loves action poses. She's practiced some herself in front of the mirror but they never look right. Respect++; man. And a grab bag? She loves grab bags. "Of course I'll go check it out!" She grins, hops up to her feet, picks up her messenger bag. "Sounds like an adventure. You're not interested in seeing what's up?"

She pulls her hand back and sucks on her finger, glaring at the rat. Well. She /could/ have something against pikachu in general if pikachu in general were /jerks/.

Oh man action poses yessss. Midnight loves action poses. She's practiced some herself in front of the mirror but they never look right. Respect++; man. And a grab bag? She loves grab bags. "Of course I'll go check it out!" She grins, hops up to her feet, picks up her messenger bag. "Sounds like an adventure. You're not interested in seeing what's up?"
Hey, some pikachu are very nearly friendly! Like ... Chuchu. And. ... ... ... I've got nothing.

The trick to all action poses is dramatic lighting. Conveniently, there's a pikachu right there to help with that. And help Chotto did! But only a little.

She handwaves it; "No, Chotto doesn't like being alone when it rains and she's got to check weather. It's easy, though; you'll just need to make sure nothing is on the power lines and that they're staying up fine. They're" -- vague directions go here, handwave, handwave -- "and the rest of the time, they're underground and Chotto checked those yesterday so you don't have to worry there.

"There're five in all, and -- let me grab a bag...." She pulls a lumpy duffel bag out from under the table and hands it over. It contains one (1) Heart Scale, one (1) Old Rod, and one (1) Pumkin Berry. "I'd offer a map, but those've been unreliable lately....

"Want to buy a roll of twine, in case you find anything interesting?"

Hey, some pikachu are very nearly friendly! Like ... Chuchu. And. ... ... ... I've got nothing.

The trick to all action poses is dramatic lighting. Conveniently, there's a pikachu right there to help with that. And help Chotto did! But only a little.

She handwaves it; "No, Chotto doesn't like being alone when it rains and she's got to check weather. It's easy, though; you'll just need to make sure nothing is on the power lines and that they're staying up fine. They're" -- vague directions go here, handwave, handwave -- "and the rest of the time, they're underground and Chotto checked those yesterday so you don't have to worry there.

"There're five in all, and -- let me grab a bag..." She pulls a lumpy duffel bag out from under the table and hands it over. It contains one (1) Heart Scale, one (1) Old Rod, and one (1) Pumkin Berry. "I'd offer a map, but those've been unreliable lately....

"Want to buy a roll of twine, in case you find anything interesting?"

At the 'checking on the power lines' bit, she nods definitively. This sounds like Important Administrative Stuff that it is probably her Duty to perform. ... She has a lot of those things, but it's more fun when you choose to do them instead of being forced to.

Talking, directions, yeah, yeah... Ooh! Stuff! A shiny stuff, a fishing pole - she glares deliberately at the rat, you just need the right kind of bait... - and a... she knocks on the super-hard berry. And a hard stuff. She blinks at the mention of the map... Unreliable...?

And wrinkles her nose at the mention of the twine. She's had to round up pokémon like that before, and while twine would be more helpful than nothing at all... "Yeah, I guess so, but I'll take a couple pokéballs too since you got them; 'm all out." She pulls out her wallet, pages through the bills, pulls out fifteen bucks. "How's this for three and the twine?"

At the 'checking on the power lines' bit, she nods definitively. This sounds like Important Administrative Stuff that it is probably her Duty to perform. ... She has a lot of those things, but it's more fun when you choose to do them instead of being forced to.

Talking, directions, yeah, yeah... Ooh! Stuff! A shiny stuff, a fishing pole - she glares deliberately at the rat, you just need the right kind of bait... - and a... she knocks on the super-hard berry. And a hard stuff. She blinks at the mention of the map... Unreliable...?

And wrinkles her nose at the mention of the twine. She's had to round up pokémon like that before, and while twine would be more helpful than nothing at all... "Yeah, I guess so, but I'll take a couple pokéballs too since you got them; 'm all out." She pulls out her wallet, pages through the bills, pulls out fifteen bucks. "How's this for three and the twine?"
Oh, of course. Just like you're really good at chasing out TEAM ROCKET!! and so on. ... Team Rocket!! does deserve two exclamation points, thank you very much.

The rat glares back! She is a very friendly rat. See, friendly. Not at all contemplating biting again. See, she is cute earscritch earscritch hopeful "Pika?"

Unreliable's what she said! She's not elaborating, though. "Eh, that works. Aaaaand --" She hands you one (1) laminated playing card [10 of clubs] signed "桜島大根" (Sakurajima daikon) with atrocious penmanship, an eight meter (8m) roll of twine, three (3) moon balls, one (1) roll of electrical tape, and one (1) compass. The compass keeps rotating; presumably it's either broken or the pikachu's messing with it. "Thanks in advance!"

Last edited:
Oh, of course. Just like you're really good at chasing out TEAM ROCKET!! and so on. ... Team Rocket!! does deserve two exclamation points, thank you very much.

The rat glares back! She is a very friendly rat. See, friendly. Not at all contemplating biting again. See, she is cute earscritch earscritch hopeful "Pika?"

Unreliable's what she said! She's not elaborating, though. "Eh, that works. Aaaaand --" She hands you an eight meter (8m) roll of twine, three (3) moon balls, one (1) roll of electrical tape, and one (1) compass. The compass keeps rotating; presumably it's either broken or the pikachu's messing with it. "Thanks in advance!"

Oh. Yeah. That thing. ... Whoops.

She looks at the rat and... imagines the possibilities.

Hmm.

Hmmm.

She snubs the 'chu. No thank you. Once nipped, twice shy, yes indeed.

Oh yay more stuff! She packs the new stuff into the duffel and mock-salutes with a smile. "Well, then! I'll report back later!"

She heads back the way she came for a bit... and looks up to the sky, realizes that won't help what with the clouds; checks the compass, which appears to be in use as a helicopter propeller; opens her pokégear, discovers that they must not have imagery at this zoom level because according to it she is two miles off the cliff into the ocean; and, grumbling, looks around her for... moss or something to tell her which way to go.

It's also an actual type of radish. See? As long as any NPCs you end up meeting know what it means, though, it doesn't really matter, eh?

The path forks fairly quickly, and while you've likely got a good enough sense of direction to find the pavilion again -- it'd be rather depressing if you didn't; it's RIGHT THERE -- you can't actually see it.

On one direction -- it looks more interesting! you have narrativium saying it's a good idea! -- there is a dirt path! Everyone likes dirt paths! Especially poochyena poop! (Gross; don't step there.) There's an angry-looking male geodude trying to intimidate a graveler of indeterminate gender in a bush. (It's hard to sex giant rocks, okay; they don't have any obvious gender dimorphism and the pokédex only works if it can get a clear shot. Assuming you have a pokédex, anyway.) You could probably go rescue whichever giant rock ends up needing it, and by rescue I may mean capture.

Off in the distance -- far enough that if you tried to throw your new rock, you'd probably miss, though the zangoose might have better aim -- the gravel path leads to a winding paved (paved! with pavement! concrete, but pavement!) road that looks like it may cling to the cliff edge. There's nothing inherently interesting up that way that you can see, but it's worth noting.

I really want one of those radishes now.

Concrete! The boy is pretty much uninterested in the Geodude; he already has one stored somewhere out in cyberspace and he could always evolve it into a Graveler.

And shaky logic is certainly aided by the lack of any Pokémon in the other direction; if there's nothing that he can see there, there's probably something stupendous hidden. The world is kinda balanced like that a lot of the time, in his experience. So he ignores the Geodude and his sibling (or whatever it is) and runs down the path, wanting to see what lies farther ahead. He's half-aware of the cliff, but is really more interested in what kind of awesome legendary pokémon lay ahead. It occurs to him that maybe he should have brought some pokeballs from home or maybe bought some. (since the girl was selling them after all)

His Zangoose sniffs the air. It smelled like Seviper, like that human with the rat had said. He growled and followed with a scowl on his face.

Oh. Yeah. That thing. ... Whoops.

She looks at the rat and... imagines the possibilities.

Hmm.

Hmmm.

She snubs the 'chu. No thank you. Once nipped, twice shy, yes indeed.

Oh yay more stuff! She packs the new stuff into the duffel and mock-salutes with a smile. "Well, then! I'll report back later!"

She heads back the way she came for a bit... and looks up to the sky, realizes that won't help what with the clouds; checks the compass, which appears to be in use as a helicopter propeller; opens her pokégear, discovers that they must not have imagery at this zoom level because according to it she is two miles off the cliff into the ocean; and, grumbling, looks around her for... moss or something to tell her which way to go.
The compass periodically stops in one direction, which is probably north. It seems that maybe it was the pikachu's fault. Or at this point, it might be the fault of one (1) scruffy female shinx sniffing near -- a powerline! But ... it's on a cliff ledge above you. Hm. It keeps sparking in a rudimentary attempt at Flash, or possibly Magnet Rise. You probably don't speak Shinx well enough to tell.

While many rocks and trees near you are mossy, if you're trying to find north that way, north is apparently everywhere at once. This is possibly not the most effective of methods.
I really want one of those radishes now.

Concrete! The boy is pretty much uninterested in the Geodude; he already has one stored somewhere out in cyberspace and he could always evolve it into a Graveler.

And shaky logic is certainly aided by the lack of any Pokémon in the other direction; if there's nothing that he can see there, there's probably something stupendous hidden. The world is kinda balanced like that a lot of the time, in his experience. So he ignores the Geodude and his sibling (or whatever it is) and runs down the path, wanting to see what lies farther ahead. He's half-aware of the cliff, but is really more interested in what kind of awesome legendary pokémon lay ahead. It occurs to him that maybe he should have brought some pokeballs from home or maybe bought some. (since the girl was selling them after all)

His Zangoose sniffs the air. It smelled like Seviper, like that human with the rat had said. He growled and followed with a scowl on his face.
Yeah, they're pretty awesome.

How lucky! How fortuitous! How -- is that a male seviper coiled around a sign reading "TO CELADON CITY"? (Wait, I thought Celadon wasn't even on this island! Safari Zone geography, I blame you.)

Thankfully, the seviper is probably not in the zangoose's line of sight. Unfortunately, zangoose have noses.

Fortunately, there's a male shinx sniffing at what looks like someone's bag right in front of you. The bag looks a bit singed, or possibly charred, but there might be something interesting in there.

Yeah, they're pretty awesome.

How lucky! How fortuitous! How -- is that a male seviper coiled around a sign reading "TO CELADON CITY"? (Wait, I thought Celadon wasn't even on this island! Safari Zone geography, I blame you.)

Thankfully, the seviper is probably not in the zangoose's line of sight. Unfortunately, zangoose have noses.

Fortunately, there's a male shinx sniffing at what looks like someone's bag right in front of you. The bag looks a bit singed, or possibly charred, but there might be something interesting in there.
The boy, noting the snake that for some reason perches on the sign, whips out the secondhand Friend Ball from before. Depressing the white button fires a red beam at the unwitting zangoose; the white biped turns red and disappears, thankfully before he can sniff out the snaky scalefaced serpent. The boy, wiping his forehead at the averted crisis, bends down to the eye level of the Shinx, slowly. Shinx was a pretty popular Pokémon, but the boy had somehow avoided catching one... and also the abandoned bag interested him.

"Hello, little guy," the boy says, his voice soft. "Do you have a trainer? Do you know who's bag this is?" The boy motions toward the bag, opening it in a totally accidental and subtle manner. He also accidentally looks inside; he totally wouldn't invade someone's privacy like that on purpose.

Maybe he would find a radish!

The boy, noting the snake that for some reason perches on the sign, whips out the secondhand Friend Ball from before. Depressing the white button fires a red beam at the unwitting zangoose; the white biped turns red and disappears, thankfully before he can sniff out the snaky scalefaced serpent. The boy, wiping his forehead at the averted crisis, bends down to the eye level of the Shinx, slowly. Shinx was a pretty popular Pokémon, but the boy had somehow avoided catching one... and also the abandoned bag interested him.

"Hello, little guy," the boy says, his voice soft. "Do you have a trainer? Do you know who's bag this is?" The boy motions toward the bag, opening it in a totally accidental and subtle manner. He also accidentally looks inside; he totally wouldn't invade someone's privacy like that on purpose.

Maybe he would find a radish!
It's probably there to spite you. Unless you really end up wanting to go to Celadon right now. ... though actually, the sign's black and partly stone: maybe the seviper is sunning itself on it.

"Kori?" the shinx meows. It doesn't seem to consider the bag its territory, or at least it backs off as you approach. That might be a sign.

It does, however, look at you like it wants food.

The bag contains one (1) hyper potion, one (1) sun stone, and one (1) chesto berry inside a plastic bag. The bag seems slightly beaten up, but not torn; that's probably why the shinx didn't notice it.

It's probably there to spite you. Unless you really end up wanting to go to Celadon right now. ... though actually, the sign's black and partly stone: maybe the seviper is sunning itself on it.

"Kori?" the shinx meows. It doesn't seem to consider the bag its territory, or at least it backs off as you approach. That might be a sign.

It does, however, look at you like it wants food.

The bag contains one (1) hyper potion, one (1) sun stone, and one (1) chesto berry inside a plastic bag. The bag seems slightly beaten up, but not torn; that's probably why the shinx didn't notice it.
Kori? He had never heard a Shinx say that before, how odd. Hmm, not a lot of stuff, eh? Oh well, he likes stones of all sorts, anyway, and berries were always useful. The boy removes the Chesto berry (keeping it hidden from the Shinx with his hand) and shoulders the bag. He looks at the Shinx again, trying to seem nice.

"Tell you what, little guy. I'll feed you if you show me where some other Pokémon are, or some humans like me, okay?" the boy points to himself as he says 'humans'. "Does that sound fair?"

"Or, y'know, you could stay with me and I could help you get strong and feed you every day? Would you like that?"

Kori? He had never heard a Shinx say that before, how odd. Hmm, not a lot of stuff, eh? Oh well, he likes stones of all sorts, anyway, and berries were always useful. The boy removes the Chesto berry (keeping it hidden from the Shinx with his hand) and shoulders the bag. He looks at the Shinx again, trying to seem nice.

"Tell you what, little guy. I'll feed you if you show me where some other Pokémon are, or some humans like me, okay?" the boy points to himself as he says 'humans'. "Does that sound fair?"

"Or, y'know, you could stay with me and I could help you get strong and feed you every day? Would you like that?"
'Kori' as in 'korinku'. It's not that odd! It's more odd that you found shinx that yell SHINX!! because that's kind of lame, you know, it'd be like a bellsprout mumbling 'bellsprout bellsprout' instead of 'mada mada' or 'tsubotsubo' or 'madatsubomi' depending on its mood.

The shinx doesn't seem to particularly understand what you're saying; it just meows a hopeful "rinku~?" and sits expectantly. It's ... not tame, exactly, but doesn't look like it would mind if you fed it and pet it and named it George.

Besides, you had a great big mongoose with you. That probably means you'd keep the seviper over there from eating it, right?

'Kori' as in 'korinku'. It's not that odd! It's more odd that you found shinx that yell SHINX!! because that's kind of lame, you know, it'd be like a bellsprout mumbling 'bellsprout bellsprout' instead of 'mada mada' or 'tsubotsubo' or 'madatsubomi' depending on its mood.

The shinx doesn't seem to particularly understand what you're saying; it just meows a hopeful "rinku~?" and sits expectantly. It's ... not tame, exactly, but doesn't look like it would mind if you fed it and pet it and named it George.

Besides, you had a great big mongoose with you. That probably means you'd keep the seviper over there from eating it, right?

Bu-but Bellsprout totally do say 'Bellsprout bellsprout!'! Honest!

Well dang. Apparently the boy had found one of those backwoods pokémon who hadn't picked up human speech. He was cute though, and the implied tilde in his voice was adorable. And maybe he could still sniff something out..?

The boy pops open the plastic bag and inverts it over his hand, allowing gravity to pull the hard berry inside the bag into his hand. He puts it on the ground in front of the shinx and rolls it forward so that it stops near his muzzle. The boy continues on, hoping both to examine the sign further and for the shinx to follow him.

Back
Top Bottom