• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

& i walk to the sky

Bu-but Bellsprout totally do say 'Bellsprout bellsprout!'! Honest!

Well dang. Apparently the boy had found one of those backwoods pokémon who hadn't picked up human speech. He was cute though, and the implied tilde in his voice was adorable. And maybe he could still sniff something out..?

The boy pops open the plastic bag and inverts it over his hand, allowing gravity to pull the hard berry inside the bag into his hand. He puts it on the ground in front of the shinx and rolls it forward so that it stops near his muzzle. The boy continues on, hoping both to examine the sign further and for the shinx to follow him.
No, they say 'not yet' and 'shuckle!!' and 'bellsprout'. In Japanese.

The shinx eats it! Haha, lunch. Congratulations! You now have a male shinx following you hoping for more food. He's a bit skittish, but it probably wouldn't complain if you tried to leash it. Let's just hope that chesto berry wouldn't have been more useful somewhere else....

The sign is ... not that interesting, really. It's made from slate -- it's a bit wet, so it looks darker than it normally would be, thank you, boding sky -- and someone painted "<-- TO CELADON CITY (10km)" on it in reflective white, pointing to farther up the road. Oh, and there's a giant snake on it.

The snake doesn't look particularly interested in anything. Maybe it hasn't noticed you. ... Maybe it just wants you to forget it's there so it can try to eat you, even if you do smell like zangoose. It is a snake, after all.

The compass periodically stops in one direction, which is probably north. It seems that maybe it was the pikachu's fault. Or at this point, it might be the fault of one (1) scruffy female shinx sniffing near -- a powerline! But ... it's on a cliff ledge above you. Hm. It keeps sparking in a rudimentary attempt at Flash, or possibly Magnet Rise. You probably don't speak Shinx well enough to tell.

While many rocks and trees near you are mossy, if you're trying to find north that way, north is apparently everywhere at once. This is possibly not the most effective of methods.

Hm indeed. Well, she found the power lines! If she could get up there, she could follow them vaguely north.

She flips open her bag, grateful that she thought to do a little reorganizing after her last trip, purchasing small ID seals for each pokéball and dividing them by type. Shifting through the normal type, she pulls out and enlarges the red-and-white ball marked with a
17.png
. "Go, Helace!" She presses the button again to release the pidgeotto. The bird caws out a "pijooo!"

Midnight takes a second to stroke her crest feathers. "Okay, Helace," she says, pointing up to the ledge. "Think you could carry me up there?" It's about here that she thinks that Pierre probably could have transported her, but eh, Helace's already out.

The bird stretches her wings and cries another "pijo!" She carefully climbs up on her back, and the pokémon flaps her wings the dozen or so feet to bring her up to the ledge. Midnight slides off her back once she lands, and runs her fingers through her feathers again. "Good job, Helace!" she says. "I'd have you fly me north, but what with the power lines and you not actually knowing Fly, I'll just walk." She grins and recalls the bird.

She finally remembers the electric cat, but doesn't see it after a cursory looking-around. Whoops, I guess the noise must have scared it off. Ah well, not much interested in Sinnoh pokémon anyway. She rolls the minimized pokéball back into her bag, and, remembering the words of that girl - shoot, she never even caught her name... - thinks to release another pokémon for protection. After shuffling through the balls, she clasps her hand around her
53.png
pokéball.

"Okay, your turn, Boss!" She throws the pokéball, releasing a sleek persian, who stretches her body and yawns indifferently. "Let's see where those power lines go, okay?" The two trot off together in search of the power station.

Hm indeed. Well, she found the power lines! If she could get up there, she could follow them vaguely north.

She flips open her bag, grateful that she thought to do a little reorganizing after her last trip, purchasing small ID seals for each pokéball and dividing them by type. Shifting through the normal type, she pulls out and enlarges the red-and-white ball marked with a
17.png
. "Go, Helace!" She presses the button again to release the pidgeotto. The bird caws out a "pijooo!"

Midnight takes a second to stroke her crest feathers. "Okay, Helace," she says, pointing up to the ledge. "Think you could carry me up there?" It's about here that she thinks that Pierre probably could have transported her, but eh, Helace's already out.

The bird stretches her wings and cries another "pijo!" She carefully climbs up on her back, and the pokémon flaps her wings the dozen or so feet to bring her up to the ledge. Midnight slides off her back once she lands, and runs her fingers through her feathers again. "Good job, Helace!" she says. "I'd have you fly me north, but what with the power lines and you not actually knowing Fly, I'll just walk." She grins and recalls the bird.

She finally remembers the electric cat, but doesn't see it after a cursory looking-around. Whoops, I guess the noise must have scared it off. Ah well, not much interested in Sinnoh pokémon anyway. She rolls the minimized pokéball back into her bag, and, remembering the words of that girl - shoot, she never even caught her name... - thinks to release another pokémon for protection. After shuffling through the balls, she clasps her hand around her
53.png
pokéball.

"Okay, your turn, Boss!" She throws the pokéball, releasing a sleek persian, who stretches her body and yawns indifferently. "Let's see where those power lines go, okay?" The two trot off together in search of the power station.
Man, you are such a jerk. SAD SHINX IN ... actually I don't know where it went, either. So sad! ... Maybe it will make friends with whoever wanders here next.

The power lines where you are look about fine, which is all to the good. To the power station!

But first, there is a RANDOM ENCOUNTER.

A lone female cleffa! In front of you! On a rock next to the thing holding up a power line!

She doesn't look very happy. See, she's kind of got this laser ... and she's pointing it at the HUMAN INTRUDER.

Why does this sound familiar?

No, they say 'not yet' and 'shuckle!!' and 'bellsprout'. In Japanese.

The shinx eats it! Haha, lunch. Congratulations! You now have a male shinx following you hoping for more food. He's a bit skittish, but it probably wouldn't complain if you tried to leash it. Let's just hope that chesto berry wouldn't have been more useful somewhere else....

The sign is ... not that interesting, really. It's made from slate -- it's a bit wet, so it looks darker than it normally would be, thank you, boding sky -- and someone painted "<-- TO CELADON CITY (10km)" on it in reflective white, pointing to farther up the road. Oh, and there's a giant snake on it.

The snake doesn't look particularly interested in anything. Maybe it hasn't noticed you. ... Maybe it just wants you to forget it's there so it can try to eat you, even if you do smell like zangoose. It is a snake, after all.

Ah, who cares about the stupid Berry. He can slap any Pokémon awake if he needs to, and he got a Shinx out of it anyway. Keeping an eye on the treacherous-looking snake (hey most snakes look treacherous), the boy yanks the roll of twine from his pants pocket and unravels it to a good length. Then it occurs to him that any self-respecting Shinx could just burn the twine with electricity. Why hadn't he bought those Pokéballs, again?

He's all ready to go see what lays Celadonward before he reexamines the sign; 10 kilometers? He uses the Imperial system himself, but he knew that that was a pretty long ways away. He considers going back the way of the Geodude Path, but decides that, city or no city, the way ahead is interesting enough.

Hoping that he doesn't break his neck or something, and standing between the seviper and his new Shinx, the boy continues forward while tucking the empty bag into his shirt pocket where the card is.

Ah, who cares about the stupid Berry. He can slap any Pokémon awake if he needs to, and he got a Shinx out of it anyway. Keeping an eye on the treacherous-looking snake (hey most snakes look treacherous), the boy yanks the roll of twine from his pants pocket and unravels it to a good length. Then it occurs to him that any self-respecting Shinx could just burn the twine with electricity. Why hadn't he bought those Pokéballs, again?

He's all ready to go see what lays Celadonward before he reexamines the sign; 10 kilometers? He uses the Imperial system himself, but he knew that that was a pretty long ways away. He considers going back the way of the Geodude Path, but decides that, city or no city, the way ahead is interesting enough.

Hoping that he doesn't break his neck or something, and standing between the seviper and his new Shinx, the boy continues forward while tucking the empty bag into his shirt pocket where the card is.
Because twine is cheaper! Or. something. The pokeballs didn't give you a lifetime pass, anyway.

Also, I object to this comment about snakes looking treacherous. Most snakes are friendly! This one is lazy. If you don't bug it, it doesn't bug you.

Hey, 10 kilometers isn't that bad! Six miles is much better than ten miles. You could make that in two hours, given that the road's somewhat flat and it's pavement so they probably don't mean as the croagunk flies. (Yes, croagunk fly. Trust me on this.)

... The shinx hisses at the seviper as you pass, but you can go on without incident.

After a bit of walking -- maybe a kilometer or so -- you come to ... more random pokemon! Hurray! This time, there is a very confused dog trying to figure out how to open a deck of cards. The female smeargle doesn't seem to be having much luck, though.

(( Midnight, I was lame and forgot that you were supposed to get one (1) laminated playing card [10 of clubs] signed "桜島大根" (Sakurajima daikon) with atrocious penmanship. Apologies. ))

Because twine is cheaper! Or. something. The pokeballs didn't give you a lifetime pass, anyway.

Also, I object to this comment about snakes looking treacherous. Most snakes are friendly! This one is lazy. If you don't bug it, it doesn't bug you.

Hey, 10 kilometers isn't that bad! Six miles is much better than ten miles. You could make that in two hours, given that the road's somewhat flat and it's pavement so they probably don't mean as the croagunk flies. (Yes, croagunk fly. Trust me on this.)

... The shinx hisses at the seviper as you pass, but you can go on without incident.

After a bit of walking -- maybe a kilometer or so -- you come to ... more random pokemon! Hurray! This time, there is a very confused dog trying to figure out how to open a deck of cards. The female smeargle doesn't seem to be having much luck, though.

Yeah but the boy is lazy and does not enjoy walking much.

Whooohoo Smeargle! The boy loves Smeargle to bits. (as he does with a lot of Pokémon) He walks right up to her, stopping a few feet short of the beagle itself, and sits down. He hopes that she isn't scared or anything, because a Smeargle would be reaaally cool and stuff. Going on a hunch, he pulls the card from his chest pocket and holds it in the Pokémon's line of sight; he attempts to keep it out of the Smeargle's reach, though, because she might be a thief.

"I could open that if you want," he says, hoping that this one may be a bit more savvy to human lingo than his newfound blue kitty. Whom he promptly begins to scratch on the head, by the way.

Yeah but the boy is lazy and does not enjoy walking much.

Whooohoo Smeargle! The boy loves Smeargle to bits. (as he does with a lot of Pokémon) He walks right up to her, stopping a few feet short of the beagle itself, and sits down. He hopes that she isn't scared or anything, because a Smeargle would be reaaally cool and stuff. Going on a hunch, he pulls the card from his chest pocket and holds it in the Pokémon's line of sight; he attempts to keep it out of the Smeargle's reach, though, because she might be a thief.

"I could open that if you want," he says, hoping that this one may be a bit more savvy to human lingo than his newfound blue kitty. Whom he promptly begins to scratch on the head, by the way.
Eh, you'll probably get there within four posts.

The smeargle doesn't seem to understand your words, but she gets the idea. "Buruburu?" She stares at the card blankly, then hands you the pack expectantly. "Doubu."

The shinx appreciates your scritches! ... Though it has fleas. Which would probably make it like being scratched more, but you might be less inclined to keep scratching it. You could probably name it.

Man, you are such a jerk. SAD SHINX IN ... actually I don't know where it went, either. So sad! ... Maybe it will make friends with whoever wanders here next.

The power lines where you are look about fine, which is all to the good. To the power station!

But first, there is a RANDOM ENCOUNTER.

A lone female cleffa! In front of you! On a rock next to the thing holding up a power line!

She doesn't look very happy. See, she's kind of got this laser ... and she's pointing it at the HUMAN INTRUDER.

Why does this sound familiar?

(( Midnight, I was lame and forgot that you were supposed to get one (1) laminated playing card [10 of clubs] signed "桜島大根" (Sakurajima daikon) with atrocious penmanship. Apologies. ))

It probably says something about her life that her first thought on looking down the... lasery bit... of a laser gun is not "what, what is a cleffa doing /here/" or "oshi-- where did a cleffa get a laser" but rather "oh come on, not this again."

She stops sharply once she sees her. Sharply enough to slip on some loose gravel and land on her butt. "Ow," she mumbles. The persian, sensing her apprehension, growls quietly and takes a step closer, but Midnight extends her arm to stop her from potentially setting off the star shape pokémon.

"Hi... there..." she says, forcing a smile. "I... didn't mean to intrude on your territory. If that's what I was doing. Uh. From that technology, maybe you're familiar with the cabal of space clefairy? And the mister... scary... shiny clefairy captain?"

She places her hand on her heart, trying to look as unthreatening and sincere as possible, speaking in soft tones to try to soothe the cleffa even if she doesn't understand her words. "Well, I'm... on a mission! From Mister (scaryish) Shiny Clefairy Captain himself! To eradicate Team Rocket from these lands and bring... peace to clefairy and their kin everywhere! So... I'm a good guy! And if you, uh, let me and my pokémon go, I'm just gonna see what's up with the power station nearby, and then we'll be off! Back to... saving the world!"

She smiles as large as she can and throws two thumbs-up. "Ssssound good?"

Eh, you'll probably get there within four posts.

The smeargle doesn't seem to understand your words, but she gets the idea. "Buruburu?" She stares at the card blankly, then hands you the pack expectantly. "Doubu."

The shinx appreciates your scritches! ... Though it has fleas. Which would probably make it like being scratched more, but you might be less inclined to keep scratching it. You could probably name it.

Four posts? My willing suspension of disbelief has been shattered.

Another weird-speaking Pokémon? That's just strange; maybe they were all like this around here. The boy pops open the bottom of the pack with his thumb absentmindedly and shakes out the cards into his hand. He examines them, wondering if they were weird like his card is. To not be totally unfair to the Smeargle, however, he splits the deck in half and gives the top fraction to the beagle.

He flicks a flea from his finger fairly fast (alliteration!) and continues to scratch his new Shinx. His name, the boy supposed, was now Cory, because that was what the little blue kitkat had said when they had met.

It probably says something about her life that her first thought on looking down the... lasery bit... of a laser gun is not "what, what is a cleffa doing /here/" or "oshi-- where did a cleffa get a laser" but rather "oh come on, not this again."

She stops sharply once she sees her. Sharply enough to slip on some loose gravel and land on her butt. "Ow," she mumbles. The persian, sensing her apprehension, growls quietly and takes a step closer, but Midnight extends her arm to stop her from potentially setting off the star shape pokémon.

"Hi... there..." she says, forcing a smile. "I... didn't mean to intrude on your territory. If that's what I was doing. Uh. From that technology, maybe you're familiar with the cabal of space clefairy? And the mister... scary... shiny clefairy captain?"

She places her hand on her heart, trying to look as unthreatening and sincere as possible, speaking in soft tones to try to soothe the cleffa even if she doesn't understand her words. "Well, I'm... on a mission! From Mister (scaryish) Shiny Clefairy Captain himself! To eradicate Team Rocket from these lands and bring... peace to clefairy and their kin everywhere! So... I'm a good guy! And if you, uh, let me and my pokémon go, I'm just gonna see what's up with the power station nearby, and then we'll be off! Back to... saving the world!"

She smiles as large as she can and throws two thumbs-up. "Ssssound good?"
Yeah, it really does.

The cleffa, unlike many pokémon in this area, seems to understand exactly what you're saying. Which is probably a good sign! ... Or possibly not: "Pippi," she says, voice thick with DISAPPROVAL. She is disappoint. "Pii -- pii?" She clears her throat! And then, with a voice like a thousand giant robots (except not loud), she says, "I think you need to talk to my supervisor."

And, because space clefairy are jerks, the cleffa wags her fingers a few times and -- poof! Welcome to yet another UFO. IN THIS UFO ... well, you're in an itty bitty room with a thankfully-high ceiling with the cleffa and a female clefable wearing a jungle-green beret. They chitter briefly -- "Pipipiiiii! Pii, pyiiii!" "Piku?" "Pyi." "Shiii... pippiku..." "Pyi!" -- and then turn to look at you (and the persian; they didn't leave the cat), as space clefairy do.

"Pikupiku -- Who are you and what are you doing here?" the clefable says not-robotically, with an accent somewhat thicker than the shiny clefairy captain but still ... talking clefairy.

Four posts? My willing suspension of disbelief has been shattered.

Another weird-speaking Pokémon? That's just strange; maybe they were all like this around here. The boy pops open the bottom of the pack with his thumb absentmindedly and shakes out the cards into his hand. He examines them, wondering if they were weird like his card is. To not be totally unfair to the Smeargle, however, he splits the deck in half and gives the top fraction to the beagle.

He flicks a flea from his finger fairly fast (alliteration!) and continues to scratch his new Shinx. His name, the boy supposed, was now Cory, because that was what the little blue kitkat had said when they had met.
I know, right? It's so sad.

At a glance, she seems that the deck you've found has different art than the one your card is from, but the cards you've looked at are all written on less-than-coherently: they've all got one or two words on them, and they seem to be in some sort of cipher. You'd have to look at it in more detail later to figure out what, though.

The smeargle woofs a soft "douburu~!" as she looks at a card and experimentally bites it. Apparently, whatever sort of ink was used to write on the cards in the first place washes off and tastes bad, since she takes it out of her mouth and sticks out her now-black tongue. "Buruuuu...?"

She waddles over to you, pulls out her tail, and tries to paint your pants orange while looking up at your face expectantly. It's a good thing most of the pokémon you've seen so far are pretty mellow, huh?

I know, right? It's so sad.

At a glance, she seems that the deck you've found has different art than the one your card is from, but the cards you've looked at are all written on less-than-coherently: they've all got one or two words on them, and they seem to be in some sort of cipher. You'd have to look at it in more detail later to figure out what, though.

The smeargle woofs a soft "douburu~!" as she looks at a card and experimentally bites it. Apparently, whatever sort of ink was used to write on the cards in the first place washes off and tastes bad, since she takes it out of her mouth and sticks out her now-black tongue. "Buruuuu...?"

She waddles over to you, pulls out her tail, and tries to paint your pants orange while looking up at your face expectantly. It's a good thing most of the pokémon you've seen so far are pretty mellow, huh?

Yess more implied '~'s! The boy sort of attracts the mellows, really. It's something to do with his hairstyle, or at least that's what Professor Fernford says. The boy deftly pulls the non-soggy cards from the Smeargle's paws, putting them and his cards back in the box, and allows her to continue her pantaloon-painting. Orange was a nice color anyway.

Although a Shinx and Smeargle provided ample entertainment, it seemed to the boy that it would be smarter to let out one of his actually caught Pokémon to protect him, just in case. Careful not to disturb the orange dog who was slowly and artfully ruining his jeans, the boy detaches one of his own Pokéballs (as in, not one purchased from a Zone); it was a Premier Ball, the boy's favorite kind and his answer to the plain old Pokéball. As he pressed the button, a pink beam of light zoomed out and morphed into a lumpy, pink-purple shape accompanied by several red orbs. The Amazing Amorpho had made an entrance. The ditto promptly turned into the spitting image of the orange Smeargle, betrayed only by the pink-purple paint.

The boy, hoping the Smeargle is distracted, unwinds the twine once more and attempts to loop it around the beagle's midriff. Hopefully she wouldn't be able to bust out from the string, if she wanted to anyway. She seemed pretty mellow.

Yeah, it really does.

The cleffa, unlike many pokémon in this area, seems to understand exactly what you're saying. Which is probably a good sign! ... Or possibly not: "Pippi," she says, voice thick with DISAPPROVAL. She is disappoint. "Pii -- pii?" She clears her throat! And then, with a voice like a thousand giant robots (except not loud), she says, "I think you need to talk to my supervisor."

And, because space clefairy are jerks, the cleffa wags her fingers a few times and -- poof! Welcome to yet another UFO. IN THIS UFO ... well, you're in an itty bitty room with a thankfully-high ceiling with the cleffa and a female clefable wearing a jungle-green beret. They chitter briefly -- "Pipipiiiii! Pii, pyiiii!" "Piku?" "Pyi." "Shiii... pippiku..." "Pyi!" -- and then turn to look at you (and the persian; they didn't leave the cat), as space clefairy do.

"Pikupiku -- Who are you and what are you doing here?" the clefable says not-robotically, with an accent somewhat thicker than the shiny clefairy captain but still ... talking clefairy.

Wow she doesn't know whether to give the jerkiest pokémon of the year award to pikachu or space clefairy now.

She looks around, but the pressure in her ears tells her more than her surroundings. She would smack her palm to her face but that probably wouldn't present a very good impression to these clefs. With. Laser guns.

Instead, she forces herself to grin and bear it, and says slowly through clenched teeth, "Hiiiiii." She breathes deeply and tries to ignore the oncoming headache that seems to arise whenever she deals with these guys. "I'm Midnight. I was just following the power lines, trying to get to the power station to see how I could fix it, when I ran into your... /friend/ there. And I tried explaining that to her when she poofed me up here." Wince. "Not that I don't /love/ visiting you guys' beautiful... spacecrafts, but. If you don't know what I'm doing here, and I don't know what I'm doing here, maybe I could just... get back?"

Another weak smile, slight thumbs-up, and... "I love your hat, by the way. It's very nice." Flattery will universally get you everywhere, right?

Yess more implied '~'s! The boy sort of attracts the mellows, really. It's something to do with his hairstyle, or at least that's what Professor Fernford says. The boy deftly pulls the non-soggy cards from the Smeargle's paws, putting them and his cards back in the box, and allows her to continue her pantaloon-painting. Orange was a nice color anyway.

Although a Shinx and Smeargle provided ample entertainment, it seemed to the boy that it would be smarter to let out one of his actually caught Pokémon to protect him, just in case. Careful not to disturb the orange dog who was slowly and artfully ruining his jeans, the boy detaches one of his own Pokéballs (as in, not one purchased from a Zone); it was a Premier Ball, the boy's favorite kind and his answer to the plain old Pokéball. As he pressed the button, a pink beam of light zoomed out and morphed into a lumpy, pink-purple shape accompanied by several red orbs. The Amazing Amorpho had made an entrance. The ditto promptly turned into the spitting image of the orange Smeargle, betrayed only by the pink-purple paint.

The boy, hoping the Smeargle is distracted, unwinds the twine once more and attempts to loop it around the beagle's midriff. Hopefully she wouldn't be able to bust out from the string, if she wanted to anyway. She seemed pretty mellow.
The smeargle watches you loop some twine around her warily, but doesn't seem to object. "Doubu?"

And so, you wander further down the road! As I assume you're not too interested in turning around.

Unfortunately, your adventures shortly become unfortunate! Or possibly very fortunate. For you fall into a pitfall!

Yes, I know. What is a pitfall doing in the middle of a road in the middle of nowhere? Regardless, you are now in a pitfall and so is your smeargle. And so is a female raichu! She seems rather upset, though whether it's because you fell on top of her or because she also is stuck in a pit is anyone's guess.
Wow she doesn't know whether to give the jerkiest pokémon of the year award to pikachu or space clefairy now.

She looks around, but the pressure in her ears tells her more than her surroundings. She would smack her palm to her face but that probably wouldn't present a very good impression to these clefs. With. Laser guns.

Instead, she forces herself to grin and bear it, and says slowly through clenched teeth, "Hiiiiii." She breathes deeply and tries to ignore the oncoming headache that seems to arise whenever she deals with these guys. "I'm Midnight. I was just following the power lines, trying to get to the power station to see how I could fix it, when I ran into your... /friend/ there. And I tried explaining that to her when she poofed me up here." Wince. "Not that I don't /love/ visiting you guys' beautiful... spacecrafts, but. If you don't know what I'm doing here, and I don't know what I'm doing here, maybe I could just... get back?"

Another weak smile, slight thumbs-up, and... "I love your hat, by the way. It's very nice." Flattery will universally get you everywhere, right?
Eh, pikachu are just absently jerkish. Space clefairy are organized. ... but possibly not organized in the crime sense. You never know, though; they're well-armed and they can teleport and this room definitely looks like an office. The clefable even has a desk. There is a toy of a dancing clefairy wearing a lei on it.

"Thank'ou," she says absently, then straightens. "I have no idea what you mean by 'power lines' --" she stops and types something on what might be the clefairy version of a keyboard: it's got H, I, K, P, S, and U; "do you mean that humans ... use strings for electricity? How barbaric. I'm sure I know nothing of it and care to know even less.

"Pikko says that you claimed to know a 'Mister mumble Shiny Clefairy Captain'? (Or possibly a jelly donut; he's never been very good at foreign languages....) Would you give a description?"

Last edited:
Eh, pikachu are just absently jerkish. Space clefairy are organized. ... but possibly not organized in the crime sense. You never know, though; they're well-armed and they can teleport and this room definitely looks like an office. The clefable even has a desk. There is a toy of a dancing clefairy wearing a lei on it.

"Thank'ou," she says absently, then straightens. "I have no idea what you mean by 'power lines' --" she stops and types something on what might be the clefairy version of a keyboard: it's got H, I, K, P, S, and U; "do you mean that humans ... use strings for electricity? How barbaric. I'm sure I know nothing of it and care to know even less.

"Pikko says that you claimed to know a 'Mister mumble Shiny Clefairy Captain'? (Or possibly a jelly donut; she's never been very good at foreign languages...) Would you give a description?"

Oh. So she's less been captured by the space clefairy mafiyeh and more by the space clefairy magical bureaucracy. I guess she wasn't kidding when she said she'd 'transfer me to her supervisor'.

She stretches out and leans back on her palms, idly stroking Boss's back, who to her credit has remained fairly calm under the circumstances. "Yeah, wires that go from power plants to houses. Some people and villages do use personal electric pokémon power, and there's a place in Sinnoh that harvests wind energy..." ... aaaand the clefable really sounded and looks like she couldn't care one iota less. Well.

She shrugs to change the subject. "I dunno about 'know'. I... had the pleasure of meeting him a while back, yeah." She throws up a hand casually. "I dunno. Shiny clefairy. There can't be that many shiny space clefairy, right? Green ears. Pointy hat" - she claps her hands together and holds them to her head in mimicry. "Good with English. ... Oh!"

She sits up and pulls her messenger bag into her lap, digging through her normal types again. "Here, maybe Len can help! He was learning space clefairyese, anyway." She presses the button twice, releasing the igglybuff onto her lap. She holds him up in both hands, kissing his forehead because he is just so adorable yes he is aww, and turns him around to face the secretary clef. "Say hi, Len!"

This is a great plan that cannot fail.

The smeargle watches you loop some twine around her warily, but doesn't seem to object. "Doubu?"

And so, you wander further down the road! As I assume you're not too interested in turning around.

Unfortunately, your adventures shortly become unfortunate! Or possibly very fortunate. For you fall into a pitfall!

Yes, I know. What is a pitfall doing in the middle of a road in the middle of nowhere? Regardless, you are now in a pitfall and so is your smeargle. And so is a female raichu! She seems rather upset, though whether it's because you fell on top of her or because she also is stuck in a pit is anyone's guess.

Despite the fall, the boy is shocked more by his luck than his fall. A Raichu? He loves Raichu! They are one of his twenty absolute favorite Electric-types. And here was one, right in front of him; sure she was a bit scuffed up, he was too, but still it was like omigoshaRaichu! for him. He makes sure that the Smeargle (whom he had recently dubbed Pastella) isn't hurt before trying to clamber out of the hole. What it was doing here was beyond him but he was sure that he would be a ble to escape.

(plz don't be team rocket)

Oh. So she's less been captured by the space clefairy mafiyeh and more by the space clefairy magical bureaucracy. I guess she wasn't kidding when she said she'd 'transfer me to her supervisor'.

She stretches out and leans back on her palms, idly stroking Boss's back, who to her credit has remained fairly calm under the circumstances. "Yeah, wires that go from power plants to houses. Some people and villages do use personal electric pokémon power, and there's a place in Sinnoh that harvests wind energy..." ... aaaand the clefable really sounded and looks like she couldn't care one iota less. Well.

She shrugs to change the subject. "I dunno about 'know'. I... had the pleasure of meeting him a while back, yeah." She throws up a hand casually. "I dunno. Shiny clefairy. There can't be that many shiny space clefairy, right? Green ears. Pointy hat" - she claps her hands together and holds them to her head in mimicry. "Good with English. ... Oh!"

She sits up and pulls her messenger bag into her lap, digging through her normal types again. "Here, maybe Len can help! He was learning space clefairyese, anyway." She presses the button twice, releasing the igglybuff onto her lap. She holds him up in both hands, kissing his forehead because he is just so adorable yes he is aww, and turns him around to face the secretary clef. "Say hi, Len!"

This is a great plan that cannot fail.
Eh, don't rule out clefairy mafia yet. You never know. But if they're mafia they're bureaucratic mafia.

She doesn't quite ... not care. It's more that she's baffled by the concept of something so easily destroyed being used to provide technology to human civilization. It's like hearing that someone has an awesome car and they don't know that it's capable of moving.

"Piku?" She tilts an ear at the 'pointy hat' comment. "You've met -- Otto? Interesting." That isn't a friendly interesting.

She jumps at the appearance of the igglybuff and swears. Or probably swears, anyway; Len and the slowly-slinking-away cleffa certainly react like it's a swear. They seem to have a conversation, but unfortunately it's not in English, and from the persian's puzzled "nyaa?", likely in Space Clefairy.

The clefable's mood does not visibly improve. "Hm. If that's the case -- well, I might as well deal with you as I did the last interloper we found. Unless you have any substantial objections...?" She smirks and adjusts the beret.

Despite the fall, the boy is shocked more by his luck than his fall. A Raichu? He loves Raichu! They are one of his twenty absolute favorite Electric-types. And here was one, right in front of him; sure she was a bit scuffed up, he was too, but still it was like omigoshaRaichu! for him. He makes sure that the Smeargle (whom he had recently dubbed Pastella) isn't hurt before trying to clamber out of the hole. What it was doing here was beyond him but he was sure that he would be able to escape.

(plz don't be team rocket)
The hole's easy enough to escape; the left side is a bit less steep than the right. But you kind of left the raichu in there....

She glares. "Rai, rai, raiiiii!" she yells; you LEFT HER IN THE HOLE. Tailswish, tailswish, light but definitely irritated zap.

Cory doesn't seem too pleased by the whole thing. Apparently dealing with irritable wallabies is not on his to-do list.

Sadly, while Team Rocket would love to drop in and try the motto, they're still temporarily separated and the closer one's a bit ... tied up at the moment. Somewhere else. Not near where you are.

The hole's easy enough to escape; the left side is a bit less steep than the right. But you kind of left the raichu in there....

She glares. "Rai, rai, raiiiii!" she yells; you LEFT HER IN THE HOLE. Tailswish, tailswish, light but definitely irritated zap.

Cory doesn't seem too pleased by the whole thing. Apparently dealing with irritable wallabies is not on his to-do list.

Sadly, while Team Rocket would love to drop in and try the motto, they're still temporarily separated and the closer one's a bit ... tied up at the moment. Somewhere else. Not near where you are.

Well thank heaven for that, at least. The boy has no time for annoying old people who sing without hats. He pets his Shinx in an attempt to calm it down. (that's what he said!)

The boy is surprised, as he didn't expect the Raichu to react as such. Like he would leave her in there all alone, uncaught. He sucks on his zapped pinky. After a bit of looking he finds his Ditto, who is transforming back and forth into a very lewd object that it must have seen on a late-night commercial bad Amorpho bad. After a quick scolding, he convinces the Amazing Amorpho to follow him over to the pit. He could just pull the Raichu out, (although the Smeargle was another story) but this way was better and less zappy, hopefully. The boy leaned down and drew a diagram in the sand:
l--l
l--l
l--l
Nodding and feeling patronized, Amorpho begins to stretch and glow, quickly Transforming into a small ladder. With eyes. And it was still purpley-pink. But hey!, it was still a ladder, which was what they needed right now. Sliding Amorpho into the pit, smiling when it fit correctly, the boy waited for the trapped Pokémon to climb out.

Wait, could Raichu use ladders? Even slanted ones? He hoped so.

Eh, don't rule out clefairy mafia yet. You never know. But if they're mafia they're bureaucratic mafia.

She doesn't quite ... not care. It's more that she's baffled by the concept of something so easily destroyed being used to provide technology to human civilization. It's like hearing that someone has an awesome car and they don't know that it's capable of moving.

"Piku?" She tilts an ear at the 'pointy hat' comment. "You've met -- Otto? Interesting." That isn't a friendly interesting.

She jumps at the appearance of the igglybuff and swears. Or probably swears, anyway; Len and the slowly-slinking-away cleffa certainly react like it's a swear. They seem to have a conversation, but unfortunately it's not in English, and from the persian's puzzled "nyaa?", likely in Space Clefairy.

The clefable's mood does not visibly improve. "Hm. If that's the case -- well, I might as well deal with you as I did the last interloper we found. Unless you have any substantial objections...?" She smirks and adjusts the beret.

He has a name? Interesting. That's a don't-really-care interesting.

Oh crap. Oh man oh man they're going to throw her out the airlock aren't they man she hates space clefairy man. "Yes!" she says tersely, her voice cracking. "Yes! I... have an objection! 'Cause like maybe well like I said I could just go back and you guys could get back to your lives and everything would go on as usual and I wouldn'tgetthrownouttheairlock!"

Breath. "It's not like I asked to lope your inters or anything... and I don't know what's the matter with Mister Clefairy Captain Shiny Otto Stabbity Hat man or the intricacies of space clefairy factions but he just wanted me to take Len and go back and get rid of Team Rocket and look for his sister and all of that seemed completely reasonable and not at all any good reason to throw me out into space!"

She lets Len onto her lap, realizing she was clenching him tightly and was turning from pink to wobbuffet-blue. She considers her options, including running out of the room and looking for an escape pod, letting out Pierre and taking her chances with his teleport... man she can't think of anything. She just really would like to not get thrown out the airlock.

Back
Top Bottom