• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wanted to try this for a while, so here's my first ever challenge.

2 vs 2 Single
Style: Set
DQ: 7 Days
Banned Moves: OHKOs, direct healing, weather moves, fire-type moves
Arena: Underwater Battlefield

The field is a standard battle arena, submerged underwater at the bottom of a steep cliff, where it has been abandoned. It is highly advised against using pokemon that require air to breathe, as the battle will take place near the ocean floor and the surface is rather far away; going up to take a breath of air will require a full action, and then another action to return to the fight. These pokemon will need air at least once every two rounds. Water pokemon and pokemon that don't breathe at all do not need to return to the surface. (Trainers get free scuba gear, no need to worry about drowning!)

Obviously, fire-type moves will be useless underwater. Similarly, weather moves will not have any effects below the surface. While underwater, any pokemon with Swift Swim may consider that ability in effect. Any pokemon not used to moving around in water, whether they can breathe or not, have their speed reduced by 1.

Any takers?
I'll battle you

I'm barred from challenging but I have only one active battle and one waiting for ref. Was it because of my battle with Kam? Cause that's finished.

Yeah, since you only have two battles now, you should be free to take/create a new one. I suppose no one's gotten the chance to update the first post, is all.

Format: 4 vs 4, single
Style: Switch
DQ: Two weeks
Dmg. Cap: 40%
Banned/Restricted Moves: OHKOs, Chills 3/Pokemon
Arena Name: Tropical Greenhouse
Arena Description: Someone, somewhere in ASB has been silly enough to let two trainers borrow their Greenhouse for a battle. The Greenhouse is very large, about the size of two tennis courts, and is high-ceilinged. Tropical green plants are flourishing everywhere, in rows of pots, hanging baskets or just climbing all over the place. There are long tables lined up from one end of the Greenhouse to the other, all entirely covered in green leafery, pots, old watering cans, potting mix, fertilizer, and so on.
Since the Greenhouse mostly houses tropical plants, the air inside is very humid and warm, and due to the glass panes, Sunny Day is in effect. Water can be summoned from any of the hosepipes in the room, and there are various objects littered about the place that can be used as projectiles; pots, spades, bags of fertilzer, buckets, and so on. These will deal 3% typeless damage.
Additional Rules: Grass-types will probably be well at home here, and could probably camouflage well in the various tropical plants. Also, battlers cannot leave the Greenhouse, but I'm sure the Greenhouse owner will understand about a few broken windows... won't they? Water-dependant pokemon are not recommended.

Up for it?

I'm done. But the question is, are you?

Format:1 vs 1
Style:Standard
DQ:Two weeks
Dmg. Cap:40%
Banned/Restricted moves:OHKO's
Arena Name:Quiet Meadow
Arena Description:In a mostly undiscovered part of the world lies a vast open field. The tall grass swishes gently in the breeze. A bright warm sun illuminates this great paradise for Pokemon.
Fire could easily burn this grass which would cause burns to any pokemon near by. The smoke would also reduce Flying pokemons accuracy by 5%. Every fire move does 5% more damage due to the warm sun.
Additional Rules:Pokemon less than a foot tall could easily hide in the grass(-5% accuracy). Oddish is nearly invisible (20% accuracy).

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=383808&postcount=192

Last edited:
Format:1 vs 1
Style:Standard
DQ:Two weeks
Dmg. Cap:40%
Banned/Restricted moves:OHKO's
Arena Name:Quiet Meadow
Arena Description:In a mostly undiscovered part of the world lies a vast open field. The tall grass swishes gently in the breeze. A bright warm sun illuminates this great paradise for Pokemon.
Fire could easily burn this grass and every fire move does 5% more damage due to the warm sun.
Additional Rules:Small Pokemon could easily hide in the grass.

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=383808&postcount=192

I take

My very first challenge :0

1vs1 Single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Earthquake, Dig, Eruption
Arena: Ventureni Skies

The Wind Kingdom of Ventureni is a placid place, held up in the sky by strong gales and magic. The palace stands strong in the background of this arena, which takes place in the middle of the main city’s town square. To your left you would see a spaceport, reflecting the pseudo-futuristic setting despite castles and magic and other medieval things. Battles are common in this square for the denizens of the kingdom, for fun and for profit, but there’s a distinct difference between them and you. They can use their magic to fly should they fall off a platform, and you can’t. The king, delighted to see visitors so eager to try the systems they have set up, has generously allowed you to “borrow” one of his mages to referee the battle and prevent the battlers from falling to their deaths should they be knocked off the set of platforms that make up the arena.

The arena itself, despite being made of several 4x4 floating platforms, is shaped like that of a normal, on-the-ground area for battling. Because they’re rather thin platforms, and way up in the air to boot, attacks that have reliance on the ground, such as Earthquake or Dig, will have no effect, and will in fact make the platforms crumble under the attacking Pokemon’s feet. If a platform is destroyed by the effects of another attack, it is gone for the duration of the battle, thus making it harder for the battlers to stay aloft.

There is a 10% chance that a Pokemon may look down over the edge of the arena and be struck with a sense of vertigo, thus rendering them unable to attack for the remainder of the round. This of course, has no effect on Flying-types.
There’s a 5% chance that a Pokemon will trip off the edge of a platform and take a fall, causing 5% untyped damage from the magic striking them and bringing them back up to the platform.
Flying-types like to gather in the square, so there’s a 5% chance that a stray attack will hit a Pidgey or Taillow or something and spur it to attack, causing 3% Flying damage.

Other: Diglett and Dugtrio, as well as any Pokemon over 200lbs, may not be used.

My very first challenge :0

1vs1 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Earthquake, Dig, Eruption
Arena: Ventureni Skies

The Wind Kingdom of Ventureni is a placid place, held up in the sky by strong gales and magic. The palace stands strong in the background of this arena, which takes place in the middle of the main city’s town square. To your left you would see a spaceport, reflecting the pseudo-futuristic setting despite castles and magic and other medieval things. Battles are common in this square for the denizens of the kingdom, for fun and for profit, but there’s a distinct difference between them and you. They can use their magic to fly should they fall off a platform, and you can’t. The king, delighted to see visitors so eager to try the systems they have set up, has generously allowed you to “borrow” one of his mages to referee the battle and prevent the battlers from falling to their deaths should they be knocked off the set of platforms that make up the arena.

The arena itself, despite being made of several 4x4 floating platforms, is shaped like that of a normal, on-the-ground area for battling. Because they’re rather thin platforms, and way up in the air to boot, attacks that have reliance on the ground, such as Earthquake or Dig, will have no effect, and will in fact make the platforms crumble under the attacking Pokemon’s feet. If a platform is destroyed by the effects of another attack, it is gone for the duration of the battle, thus making it harder for the battlers to stay aloft.

There is a 10% chance that a Pokemon may look down over the edge of the arena and be struck with a sense of vertigo, thus rendering them unable to attack for the remainder of the round. This of course, has no effect on Flying-types.
There’s a 5% chance that a Pokemon will trip off the edge of a platform and take a fall, causing 5% untyped damage from the magic striking them and bringing them back up to the platform.
Flying-types like to gather in the square, so there’s a 5% chance that a stray attack will hit a Pidgey or Taillow or something and spur it to attack, causing 3% Flying damage.

Other: Diglett and Dugtrio, as well as any Pokemon over 200lbs, may not be used.

BAM BABY

Bring it, Zora!

(no aaaa wait put down the bonesaw aaaaa)

4vs4 Single
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Desert

Not much here, a few large rocks here and there but mostly just sand.
Oh are Legendary Pokemon banned?

2 vs 2 Single
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Chills (3 per pokemon)
Arena: Super Shonen Proving Grounds 300%!!

There's flat earth, packed dirt, and some rocks that can be used for cover. Many a battle has been fought here, and the proving grounds are brimming with the hot-blooded spirits of heroes and villains from ages past. Because of this, all combatants in the proving grounds automatically have Anger Point in addition to their regular abilities. Critical domains of all attacks automatically start one stage higher than normal. (Base critical hit rate is now 10%, 20% for Critical class attacks). Furthermore, when a combatant drops to below 50% health, they gain the Guts ability as well.

Profile Link

2 vs 2 Single
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Chills (3 per pokemon)
Arena: Super Shonen Proving Grounds 300%!!

There's flat earth, packed dirt, and some rocks that can be used for cover. Many a battle has been fought here, and the proving grounds are brimming with the hot-blooded spirits of heroes and villains from ages past. Because of this, all combatants in the proving grounds automatically have Anger Point in addition to their regular abilities. Critical domains of all attacks automatically start one stage higher than normal. (Base critical hit rate is now 10%, 20% for Critical class attacks). Furthermore, when a combatant drops to below 50% health, they gain the Guts ability as well.

Profile Link

Mmm... I wouldn't mind trying my luck against an Inidog.

Challenge for Linoone!

Battle Format: 2vs2 Single
Battle Style: Set
DQ: One Week
Banned: OHKOs, Perish Song, Destiny Bond. Direct healers are limited to 1 per Pokemon; chills are limited to 3 per Pokemon.
Arena: The Waffle of Many Awesome Condiments

You heard me.

That’s right, this is the next in the Linoone food arena series (though I’ve been given the privilege to write it out). This battle commences on a gigantic waffle that stretches out as far as the eye can see – squares upon squares of soft, delicious breakfast food.

Even the most scrumptious of delicacies can be made better with the right condiment, though. And this is where the biggest quirk of this arena comes in: when the trainers issue their commands, they are also to fill in a waffle square with a condiment of their choice in a heated game of tic-tac-toe. However, the tic-tac-toe order is determined separately from that of the commanding order at the beginning of the match for game-balancing purposes. Therefore, trainer one could be attacking first, but filling in their square second. Tic-tac-toe turns alternate and are not affected by the time-distorting skillz of Trick Room.

Whenever a trainer wins a game of tic-tac-toe, a Snorlax will inexplicably drop out of nowhere, squashing the loser’s Pokemon for 5% typeless damage. The Snorlax will then proceed to drain all the syrups and sauces from the waffle squares (oh, horror!), but will thankfully be incapacitated by the referee before it can get to nomming the actual battlefield itself. In the event that the tic-tac-toe game ends in a tie, the Snorlax will drop out of nowhere regardless, but simply will not land on a Pokemon. It’ll still suck up all the condiments, though.

And finally, I’ve saved the best for last: the condiments. You can put your tongue back in your head now.
Awesomesauce: explodes with awesomeness when thrown. Abbreviated as A.
Maple syrup: gives +1 speed to the consumer due to sugar overload. Abbreviated as M.
Regular syrup: gives +1 attack to the consumer due to I’unno. Abbreviated as R.
High fructose corn syrup: deals 5% typeless damage when thrown/consumed due to ohlookabutterfly *runs* Abbreviated as C.
Butter: it’s slippery. Think of it as on-waffle ice. Abbreviated as B.
Honey: gives +1 sp. attack to the consumer due to it being… the counterpart to regular syrup, somehow. No, I don’t know either. Sorry. Abbreviated as H.

In addition, part of the waffle can be consumed to heal 5% health.

Blazhy is abbreviated as B and Crazy Linoone as C.

And an example of a tic-tac-toe game in case it isn’t clear:

Blazhy’s turn:
[ ] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

Linoone’s turn:

[HC] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

etc.

If anything else is vague, don’t hesitate to ask.

Hey, is this waffle toasted? :(

Challenge for Linoone!

Battle Format: 2vs2 Single
Battle Style: Set
DQ: One Week
Banned: OHKOs, Perish Song, Destiny Bond. Direct healers are limited to 1 per Pokemon; chills are limited to 3 per Pokemon.
Arena: The Waffle of Many Awesome Condiments

You heard me.

That’s right, this is the next in the Linoone food arena series (though I’ve been given the privilege to write it out). This battle commences on a gigantic waffle that stretches out as far as the eye can see – squares upon squares of soft, delicious breakfast food.

Even the most scrumptious of delicacies can be made better with the right condiment, though. And this is where the biggest quirk of this arena comes in: when the trainers issue their commands, they are also to fill in a waffle square with a condiment of their choice in a heated game of tic-tac-toe. However, the tic-tac-toe order is determined separately from that of the commanding order at the beginning of the match for game-balancing purposes. Therefore, trainer one could be attacking first, but filling in their square second. Tic-tac-toe turns alternate and are not affected by the time-distorting skillz of Trick Room.

Whenever a trainer wins a game of tic-tac-toe, a Snorlax will inexplicably drop out of nowhere, squashing the loser’s Pokemon for 5% typeless damage. The Snorlax will then proceed to drain all the syrups and sauces from the waffle squares (oh, horror!), but will thankfully be incapacitated by the referee before it can get to nomming the actual battlefield itself. In the event that the tic-tac-toe game ends in a tie, the Snorlax will drop out of nowhere regardless, but simply will not land on a Pokemon. It’ll still suck up all the condiments, though.

And finally, I’ve saved the best for last: the condiments. You can put your tongue back in your head now.
Awesomesauce: explodes with awesomeness when thrown. Abbreviated as A.
Maple syrup: gives +1 speed to the consumer due to sugar overload. Abbreviated as M.
Regular syrup: gives +1 attack to the consumer due to I’unno. Abbreviated as R.
High fructose corn syrup: deals 5% typeless damage when thrown/consumed due to ohlookabutterfly *runs* Abbreviated as C.
Butter: it’s slippery. Think of it as on-waffle ice. Abbreviated as B.
Honey: gives +1 sp. attack to the consumer due to it being… the counterpart to regular syrup, somehow. No, I don’t know either. Sorry. Abbreviated as H.

In addition, part of the waffle can be consumed to heal 5% health.

Blazhy is abbreviated as B and Crazy Linoone as C.

And an example of a tic-tac-toe game in case it isn’t clear:

Blazhy’s turn:
[ ] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

Linoone’s turn:

[HC] [BB] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]
[ ] [ ] [ ]

etc.

If anything else is vague, don’t hesitate to ask.

Hey, is this waffle toasted? :(

I claim the awesomesauce. All of the awesomesauce.

Does that mean I am unbarred from challenging? The only battles I have left are the active one with MF and the one with Darth/Togetic that is atop the 'need ref' list.

I still think this might be interesting:

3v3 double
DQ: 14 days
Damage Cap: 20%
Arena: A Really Big Historic Battlefield

Generic. Except bigger. It would take about a round just to get from one end of the field to the other for a jolteon sprinting the whole way. There is a 12m-wide river that winds through the place dividing the two battlers' starting positions, which, for inexplicable reasons, is that width across regardless of location. There are, however, some islands in the river, and there was once a pair of bridges, but one is now just broken beyond repair, leaving a 11m gap, and the other will break under 40kg under earth-gravity.

yes.

Last edited:
I still think this might be interesting:

3v3 double
DQ: 14 days
Damage Cap: 20%
Arena: A Really Big Historic Battlefield

Generic. Except bigger. It would take about a round just to get from one end of the field to the other for a jolteon sprinting the whole way. There is a 12m-wide river that winds through the place dividing the two battlers' starting positions, which, for inexplicable reasons, is that width across regardless of location. There are, however, some islands in the river, and there was once a pair of bridges, but one is now just broken beyond repair, leaving a 11m gap, and the other will break under 40kg under earth-gravity.

yes.

For too long my pokemon have stood idle. No more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom