• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
PORPARA LA ZORA DE TERMINA

2-on-2 single
Style: Set, as this is an honorable duel.
DQ: Five days.
Damage Cap: 42%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, weather attacks last half as long, direct healing only heals 20% health at a time, no switching out at all ever until your Pokémon is dead.

Arena: Death Bridge of Death and Lava and Death (and Doomy-doom)

This battle, for inexplicable reasons only Blastoise understands, takes place in a clearing in the center of a forest, with a large, noticeable canyon cutting through the center. Also quite inexplicably, the canyon is filled with seething red lava starting roughly thirty yards past the lip of the canyon itself. Stretching across the canyon is a rather rickety bridge, the ropes suitably thick but moldy and ever-so-slightly frayed with age. The planks are wide and a quarter-foot thick, held together with thick iron nails; several, however, are loose and pulled out of the dry and creaky wood.

The challenger starts on the northern side of the bridge, near a small cave in which a hermit-slash-wizard Alakazam lives (More on that later), while the challenged starts on the south side. The south side is unremarkable, save for a lemon tree and a small (but rather deep) pond, which can be used to fuel lemonade and water attacks respectively.

If at any time the bridge breaks, any non-flying or non-hovering Pokémon will have to waste an action being saved by the Psychic hermit/wizard. The bridge will be repaired at the end of the following round by the Alakazam.

And here's the really fun part: All participants must wear medieval armor or wizard clothing, including the Pokémon; armor granting them +2 defense from the start, but at -1 speed, while the wizardly garb adds +2 special attack at the cost of -1 Speed. The medieval clothes can be sloughed off at any time, at the cost of an action, but that just wouldn't be cool. Flying or hovering with the armor or robes costs an extra 1% energy per action, as well.

ASB Profile

Last edited:
POR LA ZORA DE TERMINA

2-on-2 single
Style: Set, as this is an honorable duel.
DQ: Five days.
Banned Moves: OHKOs, weather attacks last half as long, direct healing only heals 20% health at a time, no switching out at all ever until your Pokémon is dead.

Arena: Death Bridge of Death and Lava and Death (and Doomy-doom)

This battle, for inexplicable reasons only Blastoise understands, takes place in a clearing in the center of a forest, with a large, noticeable canyon cutting through the center. Also quite inexplicably, the canyon is filled with seething red lava starting roughly thirty yards past the lip of the canyon itself. Stretching across the canyon is a rather rickety bridge, the ropes suitably thick but moldy and ever-so-slightly frayed with age. The planks are wide and a quarter-foot thick, held together with thick iron nails; several, however, are loose and pulled out of the dry and creaky wood.

The challenger starts on the northern side of the bridge, near a small cave in which a hermit-slash-wizard Alakazam lives (More on that later), while the challenged starts on the south side. The south side is unremarkable, save for a lemon tree and a small (but rather deep) pond, which can be used to fuel lemonade and water attacks respectively.

If at any time the bridge breaks, any non-flying or non-hovering Pokémon will have to waste an action being saved by the Psychic hermit/wizard. The bridge will be repaired at the end of the following round by the Alakazam.

And here's the really fun part: All participants must wear medieval armor or wizard clothing, including the Pokémon; armor granting them +2 defense from the start, but at -1 speed, while the wizardly garb adds +2 special attack at the cost of -1 Speed. The medieval clothes can be sloughed off at any time, at the cost of an action, but that just wouldn't be cool. Flying or hovering with the armor or robes costs an extra 1% energy per action, as well.

ASB Profile
Accepting

1vs1 single, 3 pokemon max
Style: Switch
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, lock-on varient limited to 5/pokémon
Arena: Smuggler's Cove

Smuggler's Cove is a tranquill beachfront that was once used by smugglers as an illegal drop-off point. The area is surrounded by steep cliffs that can be climbed. The main part is a sandy beach with a few scatered trees. The beach leads onto a small sea inlet. Pokemon cannot progress over the mountains or out of the inlet, however, they can enter a open mouthed cave in the mountainside. The battle starts on the beach, evenly discecting the cove.
Other: Only unevolved pokemon allowed

My profile

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=338064&postcount=150

1 on 1 on 1 on 1, Single (durp)
Style: Set, although it makes no difference
DQ: Five days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs
Arena: Bronzor

This battle takes place on a humongous Bronzor, about 25 meters long. The Bronzor is floating about five meters above the ground.

The only Pokemon that may be used during this match are Bronzor and Bronzong.

If Gravity is used, the Bronzor will crash to the ground.

Taking Summergale vs zeKieranator, as promised. This is probably about as close to actually playing Mass Effect as I will get for a very long time.

This battle takes place on a humongous Bronzor, about 25 meters long. The Bronzor is floating about five meters above the ground.

I did not think you were serious.

And I already thought of that arena for this match.

In.

1 on 1 on 1, Single (durp)

In.

Changing it to a 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 because Steele isn't going to fight.

thunder

Because I rarely update the first post. If you have under three battles but your name is on the list anyway, don't worry about it and just make the challenge.

In.

Hey hey! I'm in. I SHOULD be able to accept, I have two active battles and one awaiting ref, but I'm reffing a battle..so.. Yeah. If not, I'll just ditch my battle with Brock. Cause thats been there for like..ever.

Profile.

Format: 3-on-3
DQ: Ten Days
Arena: Gold Sea Bowl

In some undisclosed and unimportant location, a large, very deep bowl sits in the middle of an uninteresting plain. This bowl, made of a material of a consistency somewhere between gold and mud, is filled to over the brim with a pale, translucent gold liquid, much like water except in its coloration.

The bowl is home to a large amount of life, from kelp that draws nutrients from the odd 'soil' to the Lumineon and Starmie that light up the deeper parts. The local fauna are, on the whole, quite skittish and can be scared away with a simple show of aggression towards them, should you wish for darkness. The trainers and referee are equipped with high-tech rebreathers.

A final note: The liquid itself, which for lack of a better term is referred to as just 'water', has almost none of the drag or weight of water, feeling rather slippery and allowing for moving speeds similar to those achieved in open air. This grants Pokémon that spend significant time underwater in the wild a natural +1 speed boost, which can't be removed by moves like Mist.

Additional Restrictions: Fire pokémon are obviously not recommended, and your Pokémon should probably be able to survive underwater. Also electric moves might not work very well, but try them if you like. :P

Format: 3-on-3
DQ: Ten Days
Arena: Gold Sea Bowl

In some undisclosed and unimportant location, a large, very deep bowl sits in the middle of an uninteresting plain. This bowl, made of a material of a consistency somewhere between gold and mud, is filled to over the brim with a pale, translucent gold liquid, much like water except in its coloration.

The bowl is home to a large amount of life, from kelp that draws nutrients from the odd 'soil' to the Lumineon and Starmie that light up the deeper parts. The local fauna are, on the whole, quite skittish and can be scared away with a simple show of aggression towards them, should you wish for darkness. The trainers and referee are equipped with high-tech rebreathers.

A final note: The liquid itself, which for lack of a better term is referred to as just 'water', has almost none of the drag or weight of water, feeling rather slippery and allowing for moving speeds similar to those achieved in open air. This grants Pokémon that spend significant time underwater in the wild a natural +1 speed boost, which can't be removed by moves like Mist.

Additional Restrictions: Fire pokémon are obviously not recommended, and your Pokémon should probably be able to survive underwater. Also electric moves might not work very well, but try them if you like. :P

sound interesting.

look, I remembered!

I want to try out my new Rock-Types, so...

3vs3 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week, 7 days
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's; only 1 use of a direct healing move per Pokemon, but no limit on Chills. Moves that require earth such as Earthquake or Dig, or those that require a body of water, are impossible to use.
Arena: Domus Isle Arena

The popular battling arena on Domus Isle is positioned high above sea level. It is normally used for monster scout battles but authorities of ASB the space for a Pokemon battle. It is a circular stone arena that is completely flat except for a narrow bridge to the door that leads to an elevator; it's far too narrow for Pokemon battle, thus it is blocked off during the course of the fight. There are seats around the edge that are separated from the arena by a low stone wall, and the circle of seats have a triangular prism shaped stone roof overhead across each segment. The seats may also not be used during the battle; however, a Pokemon may position itself upon the roofs of the seats if it wishes. It is not possible to fall from the raised platform, and no moves that require a body of water, dirt or earth are possible.

Other: Nothing

In.

Hey hey! I'm in. I SHOULD be able to accept, I have two active battles and one awaiting ref, but I'm reffing a battle..so.. Yeah. If not, I'll just ditch my battle with Brock. Cause thats been there for like..ever.

Profile.

According to Kam, I can still get in on this, and since I put my other upcoming challenge on hold, why not?

Some sort of page with nothing extrodinary about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom