• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

I guess I'm supposed to get 'im approved?

[Sully] Skeline (M)
<Pressure>

Aaaaaand...

Carrie's EXP

Mirror's EXP

[Carrie] Cyndaquil (F)
<Blaze>
I
I
V
[Carrie] Quilava (F)
<Blaze>

&

[Deadly Mirror of Deadliness] Bronzor (X)
<Levitate>
I
I
V
[Rage Against The Machine] Bronzong (X)
<Levitate>

Approved.

In that case,

[Rift] Haunter (F) <Levitate>? Which I would like to evolve into...

[Rift] Gengar (F) <Levitate>

Approved.

Anyway, now Nikolai has been evolved and traded and everything, I can change his sig attribute, so.

[Nikolai] Alakazam (M)
Ability: Synchronise
Signature Attribute: Superinquisitiveness

Alakazam are well-known for being unbelievably intelligent and demonstrating a strong desire to acquire knowledge. Since becoming an Alakazam, Nikolai has committed almost all of his free time to furiously analysing anything and everything in a bid to improve his already superhuman knowledge. His commitment to study passes over even into battles- through battling opponents he intensely scrutinises his opponents and their battle styles, in the process learning many things that could prove useful in battle. However, his eccentricity and eclectic inquisitiveness means his attention can sometimes be seized by more fascinating prospects mid-battle.

Effects: Every time Nikolai scores a critical hit against his opponent, he learns and memorises a weak point on their body, meaning he knows the best places to attack in future. This causes the critical hit ratio for all his attacks to increase by 1. Also, when an enemy attack misses Nikolai records the way it was executed and how he avoided it, causing the accuracy of that attack to drop by 10% because Nikolai will be more adept at dodging it next time. Nikolai's critical hit ratio cannot increase above the usual maximum level that would apply if it were risen by any other means. In addition there is a 5% chance per action that Nikolai's attention will be seized by some fascinating sight on the arena, causing him to ignore all commands and spend the whole action analysing it. (If there is nothing of sufficient interest on the field, he will simply be lost in thought rather than going "omigod a rock" or something ridiculous.)

Is it possible for the same attack's accuracy to drop multiple times?

according to the Rules As Written:
Pokémon that evolve by trading with a held item, meeting some condition while holding a held item, or by evolution stone of any sort, need only participate in one battle while holding the appropriate stone or item in order to complete their evolution. These evolution items may be purchased directly from the Registration Office as though it were an ordinary business and have effects as listed below while held:
they do not. then again, if they normally evolve by trade with item, they apparently still need the battle in ASB.

go ask the boss lady for a reality revision or something.

EDIT: I should mention that the other slightly-relevant passage says "purely" by trading.

Last edited:

Umm... here's the post where Sully evolved into Skeline then. Or do I have to edit that original post or does Steele have to repost? @_@ We're not doing a double evolution like Mike and I did before. We just swapped Pokemon from our active squads for convenience. Even if he was evolving my Skelitten he didn't follow the format anyway.

Umm... here's the post where Sully evolved into Skeline then. Or do I have to edit that original post or does Steele have to repost? @_@ We're not doing a double evolution like Mike and I did before. We just swapped Pokemon from our active squads for convenience. Even if he was evolving my Skelitten he didn't follow the format anyway.

Oh, I see. Sorry about the confusion. But I think editing this time would be fine, as reposting everything would be a pain.

[Shmexy Lady] Buneary [F]
<Run Away>

Shmexy

Approved.

Okay, more prezzies for me.

[Oh My Lord] Omanyte M (Swift Swim)
adorable snail go-go!

[Mellon Collie] Absol F (Super Luck)
and the infinite sadness

[Shield Sheldon] Shieldon M
get equipped with guard shell

[The Heckler] Murkrow M (Super Luck)
and a Dusk and Water Stone
caw caw caw

That last link goes to Mike's post for the Shieldon. Everything else approved.

I'm going to start my team with:

(Fuego) Charmander (M)r3 $25
Ability: Drought
Move Mod: N/A
Body Mod: N/A

And...

(Tails) Vulpix (F) r3 $10
Ability: Blaze

Total: 25+10= $35

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showthread.php?t=1965&page=158

Refused. First of all, Charmander can't possibly have Drought and Vulpix can't possibly have Blaze; they each have only Blaze and Flash Fire respectively. Second, your bank link needs to link back to the post where you bought whatever it is you paid for, and the links need to link to the exact post, not just the page it's on. To get the specific post, click the number at the upper right corner (for example in your bank post it's the little "#3160" above your join date, location, post count etc. If you need help getting the hang of this try the links on some other transactions that have already been approved to see how they did it.

And remember you need to make a new post in the bank when you repost a failed transaction like this one, and link to that rather than the first one you made.

(Also, more a general tip than instruction; if you buy a starter Pokemon from the games as part of your starting team, such as Fuego there, you can have one of them for $10 rather than the ordinary 25.)

Is it possible for the same attack's accuracy to drop multiple times?

Good point. I suppose it would be, though I'd obviously have to put some kind of ceiling on it for balance. Would three drops per move be fair?

Last edited:

I'm going to start my team with:

(Fuego) Charmander (M)r3 $25
Ability: Drought

And...

(Tails) Vulpix (F) r3 $10
Ability: Blaze

Total: 25+10= $35

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showthread.php?t=1965&page=158

What Mike said + you don't actually have an account. Read the rules and follow them ALL.

Good point. I suppose it would be, though I'd obviously have to put some kind of ceiling on it for balance. Would three drops per move be fair?

I would make it two, or else lower the accuracy drop below 10% and then limit it to three. Granted, people aren't likely to keep spamming low-accuracy moves if they're aware of this effect, but I'd still rather avoid introducing the possibility of any move having 0% accuracy (which would be the case for OHKOs if nothing else).

What Mike said + you don't actually have an account. Read the rules and follow them ALL.

Actually he has.

I would make it two, or else lower the accuracy drop below 10% and then limit it to three. Granted, people aren't likely to keep spamming low-accuracy moves if they're aware of this effect, but I'd still rather avoid introducing the possibility of any move having 0% accuracy (which would be the case for OHKOs if nothing else).

Repost tiems, then.

[Nikolai] Alakazam (M)
Ability: Synchronise
Signature Attribute: Superinquisitiveness

Alakazam are well-known for being unbelievably intelligent and demonstrating a strong desire to acquire knowledge. Since becoming an Alakazam, Nikolai has committed almost all of his free time to furiously analysing anything and everything in a bid to improve his already superhuman knowledge. His commitment to study passes over even into battles- through battling opponents he intensely scrutinises his opponents and their battle styles, in the process learning many things that could prove useful in battle. However, his eccentricity and eclectic inquisitiveness means his attention can sometimes be seized by more fascinating prospects mid-battle.

Effects: Every time Nikolai scores a critical hit against his opponent, he learns and memorises a weak point on their body, meaning he knows the best places to attack in future. This causes the critical hit ratio for all his attacks to increase by 1. Also, when an enemy attack misses Nikolai records the way it was executed and how he avoided it, causing the accuracy of that attack to drop by 10% because Nikolai will be more adept at dodging it next time. Nikolai's critical hit ratio cannot increase above the usual maximum level that would apply if it were risen by any other means, and no one move can have its accuracy reduced by over 20% through this attribute. In addition there is a 5% chance per action that Nikolai's attention will be seized by some fascinating sight on the arena, causing him to ignore all commands and spend the whole action analysing it. (If there is nothing of sufficient interest on the field, he will simply be lost in thought rather than going "omigod a rock" or something ridiculous.)

:D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom