• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

My somewhat-okay (I hope) Spritework

Yes. Edited.

EDIT: Yeah, yeah, I'm being lazy. To make up for it, here's the stuff I made for the WSC.
r22nly.jpg
ej7cb6.jpg

Mesprit / Jirachi / Shaymin, and Latias / Giratina / Regirock.
141qpdw.jpg
opsima.jpg

Green version Slowbro Revamp, then colored green.

EDIT: Lalala lazy me. Here's a new cateogry, which I call Palatte-Shifts, feel free to point out a better name if you can think of one or if it's already a thing. Basically, I swap the colors around, and I like using the Shiny Sprites.
Yes, there are a lot of these. And probably more to come.
[massive block of broken images removed]
Oh, and these. Castform's Weather Formes' Menu sprites, made primarily for them to (maybe) use on GPX+ but whatever.
35anha9.jpg
jfklr9.jpg
wswj6d.jpg

Last edited:
The colors on your recolors are atrocious. No, seriously; why the hell do you have all these neon bright colors on them? If you're going to have radically different colors, dull them a bit.

Alternatively, you could go back to making loads of those "Darke" Pokemon you seem to love making so much.

Castform forms are acceptable; Sunny's head looks weird, though.

They don't look neon bright to me; maybe your monitor's brighter than mine? But it's just taking the colors that're already there and swapping them around, so. And besides:
Spr_4d_463_s.png
Spr_4d_378_s.png
Spr_4d_489_s.png

You can't say those aren't neon, and they're the official ones. And besides, they're not /all/ bright; look at the Wormadam, for example.

Not touching your second comment, but Negrek seems to think that it's at least probable that I'm not him or she'd not have let me in to ASB, yes?

I agree about Sunny's head, but it's the closest I could get it to the full-size sprite.

EDIT: [broken images removed]

Last edited:
Here's the problem; you have color combinations like grayish blue on bright orange, bright yellow on purple, tan on pink, and on this Wartortle, dark green, yellow, and baby blue. The colors don't work with each other.

Or maybe Negrek's giving you a second chance for some bizarre reason? Until we get her words exactly, that isn't a valid excuse.

Remove the outline on the head and it might look better.

Like I say, though, it's the colors they already had, moved around. If they work on the originals, then why not here? D:

And I AM NOT <JOSEPH: NIGHT SHADE>. What will it take to make you believe me?

The colors look good on the originals because the colors work together in certain portions; having blue and yellow with some bright orange cheeks looks better than blue and bright orange with yellow cheeks, for example.

In addition, some body parts here have no business being the color they are. I think I asked you why one of your old Darke mons had a green tongue; the fact is that they shouldn't be these colors. The Mamoswine here is a good example or what I'm talking about.

...you can try to convince me through PM if you'd like, but I probably wouldn't believe you.

I've been wanting to comment on the recolors but for some reason haven't gotten around to it. Don't hide it with excuses like "That's the original colors, just in different places". If it doesn't look good then it doesn't look good, end of story. In art you are trying to make something that is aesthetically pleasing to others, unless maybe if your goal is to express something in a very particular way (and even then you should probably compromise a little to make it aesthetically pleasing so your audience will actually look at it, art involves balance).

Personally I think recolors aren't of much merit anyway, especially if you're going to argue with people who tell you the colors you've used don't look good together, and that you'd be better off spending your spriting time doing something else.

edit: I figured I should probably go a little more into what's actually wrong with the sprites, besides the attitude. It should be noted that giraffes have blue tongues, which is just as outlandish as green tongues but is seen in nature, so I disagree with Kam that they look bad because some parts are colors they "shouldn't be". It's just that the clashing of high-sat and low-sat, bright and dull colors just don't look good next to eachother, in those amounts. Generally, small areas of bright color on a dull base color look better than small areas of dull color on a base of bright color (unless they're noncolors like black, gray, white- white and black spots can look fine, for example), case in point: Linoone, Mamoswine. Color theory is a lot more in-depth than that, but I think that's a pretty good rile of thumb. Actually observe the color relations on the sprites, instead of just mixing everything up and hoping it'll still look good because they're the same colors.

Since it's sort of been brought up again I have a couple of cents I've been wanting to give about the whole Joseph thing. For one I think if you didn't go out of your way to keep saying "But I'm not him!" people wouldn't accuse you of it. If you and Joseph still share the same IP, though, I think it's likely you two are one and the same. Your story is that you bought the computer from his family, but unless you were using the same connection he always used, you two would not have the same IP, even if you bought a computer that probably used to use that connection.

However, I can't check your IP so I'm not accusing you of anything, I'm just calling what I see. Kam should lay off too unless he has definitive proof. Negrek has given you an ASB account so there's no point in continuing to argue about it (especially since Negrek can check IPs, iirc). But if you want for people to believe you then you should be a lot less defensive about it. Protesting too much always makes you look more guilty than you are (or aren't). Keep your head low until it blows over, is what I would do, even if you're not Joseph. Sometimes it's not about who's right and who's wrong, but taking what life throws at you. That's all I'm going to say about it.

Last edited:
Somewhat good? These are insanly good. I see afew flaws here and there,but no matter. Your sprites are very well done in my opinion. I see a future filled with amazing spriting for you. Keep up the good work,your sprites are fantastic. Kudos to you.

Last edited:
Okay, trying these again. This time I'll try and make them look good and not defy logic. They will come in batches of five in something like reverse alphabetical order.

34jdogi.jpg
10cj3te.jpg
2ivwud.jpg
359eow1.jpg
23r8m6w.jpg

315k6pw.jpg
xu743.jpg
2dul352.jpg
67tg0h.jpg
2dv6cfb.jpg

2d6lkp0.jpg
1txap1.jpg
10ct6xx.jpg
jrzaxx.jpg
6egbpv.jpg
<- Wurmple = MAGGOT :3
21njmko.jpg
2h66kc5.jpg
293zwj6.jpg
2dbrytc.jpg
6r0t9z.jpg

1414bjm.jpg
2u971vl.jpg
2dv0wgg.jpg
10yo037.jpg
2d8gm4m.jpg

2mwhwu9.jpg
21dkhgo.jpg
4lk6xd.jpg
208i2ir.jpg
2dspdgw.jpg

4ru5it.jpg
rh1zkh.jpg
nz62r.jpg
6xxnxx.jpg
25syg40.jpg

2yo63j6.jpg
2f0drbm.jpg
293k5mo.jpg
2ywuw6q.jpg
1zyggad.jpg

Last edited:
How would I do that? The fossil and ghost forms I can do, but normal is just a glitchy mess with no later counterpart. If you mean just add newer Pokémon's colours, sure, but could you specify which Pokémon?

EDIT: And more.
345jtyf.jpg
34zncd4.jpg
1551aol.jpg
2n7obgz.jpg
nf0faf.jpg

2uy0yma.jpg
10i5w82.jpg
3449h0j.jpg
2vx0wu9.jpg
22eqnm.jpg

96vnk1.jpg
2ymftzm.jpg
fn5ye1.jpg
357eq6b.jpg
xcu4qv.jpg

2s60yuq.jpg
kboapd.jpg
17al8o.jpg
30jiis9.jpg
2bnzau.jpg

10n5o53.jpg
ampcbd.jpg
e8pv2o.jpg
33c17gn.jpg
wuo3uw.jpg

EDIT: Well, I tried. This will not be going in the first post.
23hxc1g.jpg

EDIT:
2whmopc.jpg
5d33f8.jpg
ibz4ef.jpg
30rv2gw.jpg
34o64g3.jpg

2r77h5j.jpg
14lsqck.jpg
jpv5v6.jpg
23it9pe.jpg
1z20efs.jpg

165bm1.jpg
34ry9.jpg
2d6ul1f.jpg
2ywcpps.jpg
a23axv.jpg

9sgv1k.jpg
6zbt48.jpg
1441b3s.jpg
rkovw0.jpg
zc21y.jpg
<- Rusty XD
2lmv53t.jpg
2h51d1f.jpg
29aaad.jpg
2rhwyzr.jpg

EDIT:
s2gylj.jpg
148d8hu.jpg
2yvksah.jpg
2hx20sy.jpg
qqpxub.jpg

1zzi49c.jpg
qnqqt4.jpg
2i84lj.jpg
67v3ox.jpg
15wif80.jpg

vhc6mf.jpg
2ag6wbo.jpg
nb88dl.jpg
53mqlc.jpg
2uf90lz.jpg

2vs0ozo.jpg
4sfh8y.jpg
9vb2tl.jpg
2bts8j.jpg
2hs105v.jpg

68bihv.jpg
16c1fg7.jpg
ubsk1.jpg
30jhb92.jpg
2q388hv.jpg

nnw295.jpg
16897vo.jpg
2emk2u1.jpg
14l0yu8.jpg
9lj05g.jpg

30m9x0i.jpg
6h8bo0.jpg
14xgv4h.jpg
i4h98k.jpg
68sjsw.jpg

2zi8nk4.jpg
1rsmlk.jpg
2iqbr6d.jpg
zydkz7.jpg
2ztkjdx.jpg

33cnc4z.jpg
30mraxi.jpg
1zybyhf.jpg
2cqyxrm.jpg
2gvitld.jpg

33kuc1y.jpg
33fdnc9.jpg
214nlat.jpg
24mua0j.jpg
2zqtu0l.jpg

33az6z9.jpg
of3na0.jpg
op4jk0.jpg
2a6ozki.jpg
9zyr1d.jpg

10qjwgy.jpg
9qbwi1.jpg
5y8520.jpg
2zhpcmo.jpg
2iijtqa.jpg

abjci8.jpg
657rqd.jpg
2yo32pl.jpg
33f4zux.jpg
xqfbci.jpg

n5iw0n.jpg
309kphs.jpg
r880b9.jpg
2u7bq4o.jpg
343tf91.jpg

2wd9ixi.jpg
xnap0j.jpg
2emkikx.jpg
ws2s78.jpg
1ywl02.jpg

6nxr0h.jpg
23mu8i0.jpg
2m4xi7n.jpg
2vvw045.jpg
ic8ils.jpg
<- <.< What? It doesn't have any other colours.
2uthkr6.jpg
m7x0l3.jpg
1oosr7.jpg
281hieu.jpg
2eyynmt.jpg

xcvfix.jpg
2uyfuqu.jpg
nnjla9.jpg
2iitz84.jpg
6svvra.jpg

ubfkl.jpg
11ad4pz.jpg
2rfr5ur.jpg
2prxzx3.jpg
1555oqc.jpg

j7q0cn.jpg
6s9k4p.jpg
23ljvvd.jpg
5n3k2r.jpg
2myrpsz.jpg

2cmwuma.jpg
2m7bd.jpg
213p6o2.jpg
2cek7yp.jpg
2qk8ppg.jpg

5kot53.jpg
33m7pt4.jpg
2hrd6dz.jpg
2zs79l2.jpg
2m3jzwo.jpg

1z20u3o.jpg
11jm3o2.jpg
33jjpft.jpg
vqgl6x.jpg
16bht2g.jpg

33f5ldj.jpg
i528m1.jpg
2qv737m.jpg
32zuihz.jpg
72ymwo.jpg

dpfr11.jpg
35kr4lv.jpg
2cid343.jpg
1rqlwk.jpg
2hp0qqf.jpg

ve5atg.jpg
260tocg.jpg
2upsa5y.jpg
14xm6w.jpg
110vuk7.jpg

14o7ypw.jpg
9levki.jpg
2aeph5i.jpg
52baja.jpg
4lk9x4.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, bumping because I finally have something more interesting than palatte-shifts. A pixel-over of Hippowdon, and yeah, it's a female.
2i4tir.jpg

Uh and a load of these.
1672ouq.jpg
2aaaa9h.jpg
2ml1ci.jpg
oswwea.jpg
b7l9p4.jpg

2wppiy0.jpg
dxzg2b.jpg
nx6sz7.jpg
6p15aw.jpg
21ozs5h.jpg

2v3o3rb.jpg
5n8y0j.jpg
11bnmrt.jpg
24wrbk8.jpg
347g22u.jpg

90yiv8.jpg
r2lwdh.jpg
16c52jd.jpg
50jzwh.jpg
2r5q044.jpg

30m73p0.jpg
ejziw9.jpg
jphekz.jpg
2vw60r4.jpg
29pomye.jpg

52apmt.jpg
2z7igll.jpg
20p81f7.jpg
2hrzxnk.jpg
b7lyr7.jpg

30uzeq9.jpg
2janvdi.jpg
282dcpf.jpg
ounqx5.jpg
2b38m9.jpg

17q1li.jpg
esti5w.jpg
20tnjpc.jpg
30ljwqf.jpg
2qx44d4.jpg

Last edited:
And another bump because I have another Pixel-Over. I've kind of fallen slightly behing on pixelling the Gen.V Pokémon, but um. Munna.
Oh, and I know the outline on the topleft is awful. Ignore it.
s33j9l.jpg

Waaay too many shades there. Seriously, man, how many do you need? You could get rid of half of them and I wouldn't tell the difference... which leads to the second problem: no contrast. If you're going to have all these shades, at least make them look different.

Aaw, but I like them like this! D:

Joking aside, though, that is kind of my style. It looks awkward to me to have too few shades with too much contrast.

Back
Top Bottom