• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Updating Frosty's sig move, since he's evolved now.

[Frosty] Abomasnow M (Snow Warning)
Sig Move: Huababa-Barrage
Frosty is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Far from it, really: he's mentally unstable and prone to acting in a completely illogical manner that tends to confuse his opponents. Whether it's eating the yellow snow or singing for the nonexistant Pidgeys, he always manages to do something weird.

One of the things that he enjoys doing is a tribal dance called the Huababakrabob Boogie. It's an odd dance that consists of shaking your arms around like a lunatic while running in a circle.

However, with the help of his trainer, he's gained the ability to use the dance as an offensive maneuver. He slaps his opponent in a violent manner multiple times while he dances about. The attack is inaccurate as a result of Frosty's clumsiness, but the damage it builds up can be astounding.

Type: Fighting / Target: Single / Damage: 6% per hit / Accuracy: 60% / Energy: 10%
Effects: Frosty will begin to run in circles, randomly flapping his arms around. Throughout the dance, he will attempt to hit his opponent. He will attempt to slap the opponent in a highly inaccurate fashion four to six times. Each hit will deal 6% damage.
However, Frosty will hurt himself in the process. For each hit, Frosty will deal 2% damage to himself in recoil.
At the end of the move, there is a chance that the opponent will begin to wonder, "What the hell just happened?" (I'm not sure myself, but that's beside the point.) As a result, there is a 50% chance that the opponent will be inflicted with mild confusion after the move is over.
Usage Gap: Nine actions

aaand another sig move, this time for Eurastar.

[Eurastar] Cleffa F (Magic Guard)
Sig Move: Uerastsara's Wrath

Eurastar is a devout worshipper of Uerastsara, a goddess said to live in the moon that watches over the earth. It is said that in times of great distress, her worshippers may channel her and unleash a powerful attack of moonshine.

Eurastar is capable of doing this as well. However, as a result of her immaturity, it is difficult for her to pull the technique off without hurting herself, and she can only keep her channeled for so long before she faints from exhaustion.

Type: typeless / Stat: Special / Accuracy: 100% / Damage: 6% each / Energy: 5% to begin, 10% each meteor / Target: Single foe
Effects: Eurastar will channel Uerastsara, using her powers to create a barrage of meteors. She will summon meteor after meteor until she runs out of energy.
She may only use this move after she has gone down to 50% health or below. If the move is used before then, it will fail.
Duration: 1 action / Usage Gap: Once per match

Frosty is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Far from it, really: he's mentally unstable and prone to acting in a completely illogical manner that tends to confuse his opponents. Whether it's eating the yellow snow or singing for the nonexistant Pidgeys, he always manages to do something weird.

One of the things that he enjoys doing is a tribal dance called the Huababakrabob Boogie. It's an odd dance that consists of shaking your arms around like a lunatic while running in a circle.

However, with the help of his trainer, he's gained the ability to use the dance as an offensive maneuver. He slaps his opponent in a violent manner multiple times while he dances about. The attack is inaccurate as a result of Frosty's clumsiness, but the damage it builds up can be astounding.

Type: Fighting / Target: Single / Damage: 6% per hit / Accuracy: 60% / Energy: 10%
Effects: Frosty will begin to run in circles, randomly flapping his arms around. Throughout the dance, he will attempt to hit his opponent. He will attempt to slap the opponent in a highly inaccurate fashion four to six times. Each hit will deal 6% damage.
However, Frosty will hurt himself in the process. For each hit, Frosty will deal 2% damage to himself in recoil.
At the end of the move, there is a chance that the opponent will begin to wonder, "What the hell just happened?" (I'm not sure myself, but that's beside the point.) As a result, there is a 50% chance that the opponent will be inflicted with mild confusion after the move is over.

Eurastar is a devout worshipper of Uerastsara, a goddess said to live in the moon that watches over the earth. It is said that in times of great distress, her worshippers may channel her and unleash a powerful attack of moonshine.

Eurastar is capable of doing this as well. However, as a result of her immaturity, it is difficult for her to pull the technique off without hurting herself, and she can only keep her channeled for so long before she faints from exhaustion.

Type: typeless / Stat: Special / Accuracy: 100% / Damage: 6% each / Energy: 5% to begin, 10% each meteor / Target: Single foe
Effects: Eurastar will channel Uerastsara, using her powers to create a barrage of meteors. She will summon meteor after meteor until she runs out of energy.
She may only use this move after she has gone down to 50% health or below. If the move is used before then, it will fail.

Frosty's sig is a little too powerful, seeing as it can do 36% damage, even given the accuracy. Lower it to 5% per strike.

Eurastara's could use some more description (something about there being meteors should be in the body of the description, anyway)--what does "an attack of moonshine" entail, exactly?

I'm a bit confused as to what the attack does, exactly. It fires meteors, all in one action, until Eurastar runs out of energy? That is, if she has 25% energy upon starting the attack, she will fire five 6%-damage meteors? If so, it's far too powerful. If not... I'm not sure what you mean, unless it's just a 6% damage attack for 5% energy.

The amount of meteors summoned is equal to (e - 5)/10; it costs five energy to start, and then ten more for each meteor.

Frosty's sig move has recoil damage; I was going to make it a bit bigger, as I forgot to change it.

...but most importantly, I'm evolving Slash.

[Grizzly Slash] Teddiursa F (Pickup -> Intimidate)
Sig Attribute: Hackenslash Claw Armour

Using the experience she got in Kammington vs. Patar, as well as her appearance in the 2010 Grand Festival...

|
|
V

[Grizzly Slash] Ursaring F (Guts -> Intimidate)

The amount of meteors summoned is equal to (e - 5)/10; it costs five energy to start, and then ten more for each meteor.

Frosty's sig move has recoil damage; I was going to make it a bit bigger, as I forgot to change it.

...but most importantly, I'm evolving Slash.

[Grizzly Slash] Teddiursa F (Pickup -> Intimidate)

Using the experience she got in Kammington vs. Patar, as well as her appearance in the 2010 Grand Festival...

|
|
V

[Grizzly Slash] Ursaring F (Guts -> Intimidate)

Evolution denied. Contest appeal rounds generally do not give experience unless Negrek explicitly says they will, and she has said no such thing so far. She may well do that, but at least wait until the rest of the round is over and she has a chance to award it.

What I mean is, you need to clarify these factors in the move's description itself, at least under effects. This is for referee reference, so they know exactly what to do with a custom move/attribute.

Also, I didn't say first stages were frowned upon having signatures, I said they were frowned upon having multiple abilities. For instance, your Ghastly 'Having the effects of Intimidate' is essentially him having both Levitate and Intimidate. It's not impossible to have two on a first stage if the drawbacks are enough, and it's much easier to get two with an evolved (or single-stage) 'Poke. Keeping in mind, you can upgrade the move/attribute alongside evolution.

Er, I did edit it, that's why I reposted it. :v

[Rachel] Staryu (x)
Ability: Natural Cure
Move Mod:
Signature Move: Spotlight

"Metaphors are important. My gold stars a metaphor for me being a star."

Rachel is a go-getter. Nothing can get in its way. A crowd of people shouting at you doesn't sound much different from a crowd of people shouting for you; it all depends on how you look at it. And Rachel looks at the world through rose-tinted glasses.

Sometimes it gets a little hard for Rachel to see other pokemon for who they really are. Sometimes all it sees is a cheering crowd. And sometimes that gets to Rachel.

Normal / None / Progressively adds +1 to total damage for 1-5 actions / Self / Progressively adds energy as damage is added (when +1 is added, adds %1 energy; when +2 is added, %2 energy; etc.) / 1-5 actions
Effects: this makes Rachel get stuck in an encore. It repeats its last-used move for 1-5 actions. However, unlike a normal encore, during each progressive attack, +1 damage is added to the attack's overall power (maximum of +5).
During this performance, the effects of negative moves such as taunt, torment, swagger, scary face, leer, etc. (anything that's effect would depend on Rachel loosing confidence) would fail.
Usage Gap: Every 2 rounds

Further edited.

Er, I did edit it, that's why I reposted it. :v

[Rachel] Staryu (x)
Ability: Natural Cure
Move Mod:
Signature Move: Spotlight

"Metaphors are important. My gold stars a metaphor for me being a star."

Rachel is a go-getter. Nothing can get in its way. A crowd of people shouting at you doesn't sound much different from a crowd of people shouting for you; it all depends on how you look at it. And Rachel looks at the world through rose-tinted glasses.

Sometimes it gets a little hard for Rachel to see other pokemon for who they really are. Sometimes all it sees is a cheering crowd. And sometimes that gets to Rachel.

Normal / None / Progressively adds +1 to total damage for 1-5 actions / Self / Progressively adds energy as damage is added (when +1 is added, adds %1 energy; when +2 is added, %2 energy; etc.) / 1-5 actions
Effects: this makes Rachel get stuck in an encore. It repeats its last-used move for 1-5 actions. However, unlike a normal encore, during each progressive attack, +1 damage is added to the attack's overall power (maximum of +5).
During this performance, the effects of negative moves such as taunt, torment, swagger, scary face, leer, etc. (anything that's effect would depend on Rachel loosing confidence) would fail.
Usage Gap: Every 2 rounds

Further edited.

This looks good to me. Approved, unless another approver sees something I missed.

What sreservoir said. Post the gender, species, ability, and nickname if there is one, in addition to the link.

This looks good to me. Approved, unless another approver sees something I missed.

Uh, well.. the bonuses are still unclarified. Notice they steal read just '+1' which could still confuse a Ref. Keep in mind +1 and 1% can mean very different things in ASB. It really needs to be clarified, in the text. Whether its 'Add's 1% damage' or 'Counts as adding one attack stage per action this move is active until the move ends'. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be 1%, but since it reads +1 it's easy to get it mixed up.

Uh, well.. the bonuses are still unclarified. Notice they steal read just '+1' which could still confuse a Ref. Keep in mind +1 and 1% can mean very different things in ASB. It really needs to be clarified, in the text. Whether its 'Add's 1% damage' or 'Counts as adding one attack stage per action this move is active until the move ends'. I'm pretty sure it's meant to be 1%, but since it reads +1 it's easy to get it mixed up.

Well, it said +1 damage, which I think is clear enough. But that's me, and I don't know how easily it's confused for others.

I have no idea what you're saying. Seriously. How could you misunderstand what +1 means?

I have no idea what you're saying. Seriously. How could you misunderstand what +1 means?

I think she means +1 in say, attack, if you're using a physical attack (or sp. attack if you're using a special attack) as opposed to +1%. It's calculated differently, depending on the referee. For example, Kratos gives an extra 2% damage for each +1 level in whatever attacking stat, which is, obviously, more than +1% damage. The difference could be very dramatic given circumstances and the referee.

Oh, ffs. I'm pretty sure no one would be confused by that.

Actually, that's probably the most problematic part of signature moves and attributes. :P And it really can make a difference - +5 could equal to an extra 10%, while +5% would equal an extra 5%. Obviously, the former would be unbalanced.

I'd like to evolve my Alrunnik, Astrid, into...

[Astrid] Skunkunne (F) <Unaware>

... using 3 EXP here and two rare candies here for a total of five. (Rare candies do just give one EXP right)

I'm going to start my team with:

(Fuego) Charmander (M)r3 $10 (Starter Discount)
Ability: Blaze
Move Mod: N/A
Body Mod: N/A

And...

(Tails) Vulpix (F) r3 $10
Ability: Flash-Fire
Move Mod: N/A
Body Mod: N/A

Total: 10+10= $20

Bank: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/show...postcount=3176

ASB Profile: http://forums.dragonflycave.com/show...&postcount=203

Your bank link appears to be broken. (And profile links aren't needed for anything other than making/accepting challenges and computer terminal transactions.)

I'd like to evolve my Alrunnik, Astrid, into...

[Astrid] Skunkunne (F) <Unaware>

... using 3 EXP here and two rare candies here for a total of five. (Rare candies do just give one EXP right)

They do. Approved.

Oh, ffs. I'm pretty sure no one would be confused by that.

It has always been asked that signature moves and attributes be perfectly clear, because we have a lot of different referees with a lot of different perceptions of what they may read. I laid out what we need and it's really not difficult at all, it's a change of one symbol per number. 'Progressively adds 1% to damage-' and etcetera. Would you like this done, or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom