• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

Why not try another hopelessly stupid attribute?

[DiamondBack] Seviper (M)
Ability: Shed Skin
Signature Attribute: Texas marksmen Scanner.

Texas Marksmen Inc. is a company always trying to improve Pokémon for battles. Usually, all of their inventions fail though. The Siamese Sub, which was designed to give a Permanent substitue, resulted in the Sub taking control of the user and throwing it in front of the attacks. The Double Edged Toxic Claws poisoned the opponent, and the user. But this time their latest invention works.

The Sure Shot Eye Scanner is a metal attachment to DiamondBack's left eye. When not in use, it retracts into a small metal housing just to the left of the eye. When in use, it folds out, taking a half elipse shape, with a red Lens in the centre. This lens gives various info about the target, such as distance, direction, distortions, and last meal. Utilizing this info (save for the last meal), one can target its foe and make sure its attacks have better chances of hitting.

There are three stages to this eye scanner, the first stage, is the Off setting. In this mode, the scanner is housed in the station and is not being used. It also can be switched to off and retreats to the docking stsation. This does not require a full action.

The second stage, the Marksman Stage, involves DiamondBack taking an action to turn the scanner on and prepare the data report. In this mode, all of DiamondBacks attacks ((save for attacks such a swagger and taunt, and other attacks that rely on just talking, not actually having something 'hit' the foe)) have an in creased accuracy of 10%. Now this takes a little extra energy to do, but not as much as optimal stage.

The third stage is called Sure Shot. It's affects can only be activated if DiamondBack alrady has Marksman set to on. In this stage, the next attack is given properties of Swit, and other attacks, making it a homing device, and is sure to hit. However, this affect only affects the attack directly after it is set to Sure Shot and the scanner thun turns off to recharge.

With the scanner being made of metal, and requiring Diab.'s brain signals to work, if DiamondBack is Paralyzed, the Scanner can not be used. If DiamondBack is hit with a fire or fighting attack with power greater than 90 (after bonuses) in the face, or a regular attack of power greater than 120(after bonuses) the scanner is rendered unusable and shuts off.

Effects: Off: The scanner either is not being used, or is recharging. Recharge takes 2 Rounds. Does not require an action to switch to off
Marksman: All of DiamondBack's attacks ((save for taunt and Swagger)) have 10% more accuracy after all bonuses. Requires one Action to turn on and uses up 3% energy per round it is used.
Sure Shot: Diamondback's next attack is certain to hit, unless Subtitute or Protect/Detect is being used. Can only be activated one Marksman is one, and requires one turn to activate. After Being used, the scanner switches to off, and takes 2 rounds to recharges. Costs 5% ebergy on top of Marksman's energy (8% total) to use.
The scanner is disabled and considered 'recharging' if hit by a Fire or Fighting move that does (% or more damage to DiaB.'s head (after bonuses), or 12%(after bonuses) for any other type.

I know it sucks. I doubt it will be approved. If the SureShot energy is too high (8% just for a Lock-On effect) tell me. I considered 3% for Marksman to be fair, but if it is too low tell me.
This is a little bit complicated for my tastes. Try simplifying to one basic function.

Which would you rather it have? Marskman or Sure Shot?

If only Marksman would it be acceptable to up it to 25% boost?

[Gold] Zigzagoon (M) $5
Ability: Gluttony

[Crystal] Torchic (F) $10
Ability: Blaze

[Silver]Drifloon(M) $13
Ability: Aftermath

[Lyra] Togepi (F) $10
Ability: Serene Grace

Bank

[Rallie] Ralts (Female)
Ability: Trace
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Cyndy] Cyndaquil (Female)
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Dia] Sableye (Male)
Ability: Stall
Move Mod: Jewel Scatter
Normal/Physical/ 0-3%/ 65%/ Multiple Targets/-3%/ Rest of battle for scattered jewels, attack does damage for one
Dia is a hoarder and loves his jewels. He has many and loves to save them, whether or not he's hungry. He has a large collection and in Jewel Scatter, he throws them around, hitting opponents up to to three times each and littering the ground. He can eat them to recover slight amounts of energy per jewel (6%?). If he doesn't eat them, psychic types can make them levitate and fly around easily, making it confusing where he is if he goes invisible, as the jewels he scatters look similar to the ones on his eyes and body. He can also throw them at the opponent again, but of course to do another Jewel Scatter he would also have to recollect the ones he threw on the ground, taking at least one more action. The opponent is of course able to do things to the scattered jewels too. If the opponent is another Sableye, they can eat the jewels and recover energy too.
Body Mod:

Is the signature move for Dia overpowered or bad? Bank link here:http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=407476&postcount=3203

Last edited:

[Rallie] Ralts (Female)
Ability: Trace
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Cyndy] Cyndaquil (Female)
Move Mod:
Body Mod:

[Dia] Sableye (Male)
Normal/Physical/ 0-3%/ 65%/ Multiple Targets/-3%/ Rest of battle for scattered jewels, attack does damage for one
Dia is a hoarder and loves his jewels. He has many and loves to save them, whether or not he's hungry. He has a large collection and in Jewel Scatter, he throws them around, hitting opponents up to to three times each and littering the ground. He can eat them to recover slight amounts of energy per jewel (6%?). If he doesn't eat them, psychic types can make them levitate and fly around easily, making it confusing where he is if he goes invisible, as the jewels he scatters look similar to the ones on his eyes and body. He can also throw them at the opponent again, but of course to do another Jewel Scatter he would also have to recollect the ones he threw on the ground, taking at least one more action. The opponent is of course able to do things to the scattered jewels too. If the opponent is another Sableye, they can eat the jewels and recover energy too.
Body Mod:

Is the signature move for Dia overpowered or bad? Bank link here:http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=407476&postcount=3203

For a start it might be an idea to mention how many jewels Dia uses. The Pokémon are approved, however.

[Shadow] Shuppet (F)
Ability: Insomnia

bank

Approved.

Just so you know, dragonair, you have to repost the whole thing each time you edit it, so you'd have to add that seven jewels thing in the description then repost the whole move.

[Dia] Sableye (Male)
Dia is a hoarder and loves his jewels. He has many and loves to save them, whether or not he's hungry. He has a large collection and in Jewel Scatter, he throws around seven of them, hitting opponents up to to three times each and littering the ground. He can eat them to recover slight amounts of energy per jewel (6%?). If he doesn't eat them, psychic types can make them levitate and fly around easily, making it confusing where he is if he goes invisible, as the jewels he scatters look similar to the ones on his eyes and body. He can also throw them at the opponent again, but of course to do another Jewel Scatter he would also have to recollect the ones he threw on the ground, taking at least one more action. The opponent is of course able to do things to the scattered jewels too. If the opponent is another Sableye, they can eat the jewels and recover energy too.

...But aren't you supposed to have a base energy cost there and then include that in the effects?
I feel like I've made some mistake or something. But I think that's right.

Waiit a second. You're right. I put minus the energy cost instead of the energy cost.

[Dia] Sableye (Male)
Normal/Physical/ 0-3%/ 65%/ Multiple Targets/3%/ Rest of battle for scattered jewels, attack does damage for one
Dia is a hoarder and loves his jewels. He has many and loves to save them, whether or not he's hungry. He has a large collection and in Jewel Scatter, he throws around seven of them, hitting opponents up to to three times each and littering the ground. He can eat them to recover slight amounts of energy per jewel (6%?). If he doesn't eat them, psychic types can make them levitate and fly around easily, making it confusing where he is if he goes invisible, as the jewels he scatters look similar to the ones on his eyes and body. He can also throw them at the opponent again, but of course to do another Jewel Scatter he would also have to recollect the ones he threw on the ground, taking at least one more action. The opponent is of course able to do things to the scattered jewels too. If the opponent is another Sableye, they can eat the jewels and recover energy too.

Fixed.

Waiit a second. You're right. I put minus the energy cost instead of the energy cost.

[Dia] Sableye (Male)
Normal/Physical/ 0-3%/ 65%/ Multiple Targets/3%/ Rest of battle for scattered jewels, attack does damage for one

Fixed.

The description is a little confusing. When it says that it hits the opponent up to three times each, does it mean that each jewel can hit up to three times, or an opponent can only be hit by three jewels? I assume it's the latter, but some confirmation is needed. Please specify how much damage each thrown jewel does, as well.

Expanding on the first point, I think 7 jewels is too much considering how much energy it can heal (up to 42% energy, which will be very unbalanced in matches with limited chills). Either lower how much energy the jewels replenish, or lower the number of jewels.

Given that an opponent can only be hit by up to three jewels, though (I'm assuming, that is), I think it'd make more sense that Dia only throws three jewels. I'd still recommend you lower the energy replenishment to 4%, though.

Can Dia only reuse Jewel Scatter once he's gathered up all the jewels? If some were consumed, does that render Jewel Scatter unusable, or can Dia pull some more out of thin air?

Finally, you need to specify a usage gap.

Eh... I think I'll buy a couple of new Pokemon. My sister convinced me to buy the first one, but the second was my choice. (xD)

[Envy] Enculli (M)
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Move Mod: None
Body Mod: None

[Hawkeye] Treecko (F)
Ability: Overgrow
Body Mod: Sharpshooter
Similar to the IQ skill in Mystery Dungeon, Hawkeye can have stunning accuracy with this mod.
She is a Treecko who trains with precision; she learned by experience that luck was a huge factor in battling. Thus, as she was training for battle, she was focusing on the ability to hit her target. She battled with any others that came across her in her lone forest, chasing them and practicing with long-distance attacks. But rather than power, she focused on being able to scare her opponents off by hitting them from seemingly nowhere, even while they were moving. And since many others passed through the forest, she got lots of practice hitting targets. But of course, then she was caught by Darksong, who was the only one brave enough to retaliate.
In battle, Hawkeye can put this to good use. Thanks to her practice on wandering travelers in the forest, attacking others on the battlefield with fewer obstacles should be no sweat. Beginning battle, her accuracy level is at +2 (and can be lowered or raised with moves, however). But with practice on accuracy, it was hard for her to practice evasion (since nobody ever seemed to retaliate and there were no attacks to avoid), and thus at the beginning of battle when Hawkeye is sent out, her evasion level begins at -2.

Using up my hard-earned win money. That will cost $50. $25 for each.

Eh... I think I'll buy a couple of new Pokemon. My sister convinced me to buy the first one, but the second was my choice. (xD)

[Envy] Enculli (M)
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Body Mod: None

[Hawkeye] Treecko (F)
Ability: Overgrow
Body Mod: Sharpshooter
Similar to the IQ skill in Mystery Dungeon, Hawkeye can have stunning accuracy with this mod.
She is a Treecko who trains with precision; she learned by experience that luck was a huge factor in battling. Thus, as she was training for battle, she was focusing on the ability to hit her target. She battled with any others that came across her in her lone forest, chasing them and practicing with long-distance attacks. But rather than power, she focused on being able to scare her opponents off by hitting them from seemingly nowhere, even while they were moving. And since many others passed through the forest, she got lots of practice hitting targets. But of course, then she was caught by Darksong, who was the only one brave enough to retaliate.
In battle, Hawkeye can put this to good use. Thanks to her practice on wandering travelers in the forest, attacking others on the battlefield with fewer obstacles should be no sweat. Beginning battle, her accuracy level is at +2 (and can be lowered or raised with moves, however). But with practice on accuracy, it was hard for her to practice evasion (since nobody ever seemed to retaliate and there were no attacks to avoid), and thus at the beginning of battle when Hawkeye is sent out, her evasion level begins at -2.

Using up my hard-earned win money. That will cost $50. $25 for each.

I can't approve the body mod, but both pokemon are approved.

[Let it Out] Volbeat (M)
(no Move Mods or Body Mods)
Ability: Swarm

that subtracts $13

Approved.

[Slack] Slakoth Male
Traunt

[Woop Woop] Wooper Male
Water Absorb

[Parapar] Paras Male
Effect Spore

[Ulix] Vulpix Female
Flash Fire

$5 + $5 + $10 + $10 is $30, am I right?

You'll need to make a bank post subtracting the $30 from what you have, then repost here in the Registration Office with a link to the bank post (and make sure that the bank post includes a link to the same Registration Office post).

Tropius (Male)
Ability: Chlorophyll
EXP: 0

Spiritomb
Ability: Pressure

Pachirisu (Female)
Ability: Pick Up

Right in thinking it costs £40?

EDIT: Bank Post