• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Pokémon Registration Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon Registration Office

[Iavas] Vulpix (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire
-$10

[Spirit] Trapinch (Female)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Note: Body is white with pale blue accents rather than orange with beige accents. Colour change only, has no effect in battle.
-$10

[Cirisse] Scyther (Female)
Ability: Technician
-$25

Bank post

[Cynder] Cyndaquil (Male)
Ability: Blaze

-10$

[Aaron] Bronzor (Genderless)
Ability: Levitate

-5$

[Amber] Ralts (Female) ((Shiny))
Ability: Trace

-7$

[Nickname] Duskull (Female)
Ability: Levitate

-10$

http://forums.dragonflycave.com/showpost.php?p=404881&postcount=3189

[Iavas] Vulpix (Female)
Ability: Flash Fire
-$10

[Spirit] Trapinch (Female)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Note: Body is white with pale blue accents rather than orange with beige accents. Colour change only, has no effect in battle.
-$10

[Cirisse] Scyther (Female)
Ability: Technician
-$25

Bank post

Both approved.

^ Actually this evo no longer stands. Psymon made an error. Char only got one EXP from his battle, not two. Char still requires one more now. Sorry.

Let's see if I'm any good with sig moves.

Staryu [Spectrum]
Ability: Illuminate
Signature Move: Rainbow Flash

It's fairly well known that gems are extraordinarily good at refracting light. Even nowadays, gems are still used to power lasers - which, in themselves, are nothing more than concentrated light. A Staryu's gem works well for controlling light - hence how Staryu have the ability Illuminate. It is thought that with enough power, these Staryu gems could be used to power a device almost as strong as a laser, but no one knew where to find that kind of intense light that would not kill them dead.

Spectrum was born in an isolated oasis in the Isshu desert, where it learned to focus the power of the sun's rays into an attack. However, since Spectrum is still young, its ability to use this attack is not fully developed, and thus can have a variety of effects.

Normal / Special / 0/5/10% / 70%/100% / Single/Multiple / 20% / 1 action

Spectrum rises to the surface of the water, and tilts its body to catch the sun's rays. These rays are then focused on the opponent in a beam of flashing light. If enough sunlight is caught, the attack can do potentially high amounts of damage (40% chance), otherwise, the attack will discharge a wide area (40% chance) or even do nothing at all (20% chance).

Usage Gap: 6 actions

Notes: If the attack discharges, it affects all opponents, and has a 5% base damage for each target. The attack will also be boosted to full accuracy if it discharges. If it fails, the usage gap goes into effect, but not if the attack misses. Hopefully this isn't too overpowered.

linky

Let's see if I'm any good with sig moves.

Staryu [Spectrum]
Ability: Illuminate
Signature Move: Rainbow Flash

It's fairly well known that gems are extraordinarily good at refracting light. Even nowadays, gems are still used to power lasers - which, in themselves, are nothing more than concentrated light. A Staryu's gem works well for controlling light - hence how Staryu have the ability Illuminate. It is thought that with enough power, these Staryu gems could be used to power a device almost as strong as a laser, but no one knew where to find that kind of intense light that would not kill them dead.

Spectrum was born in an isolated oasis in the Isshu desert, where it learned to focus the power of the sun's rays into an attack. However, since Spectrum is still young, its ability to use this attack is not fully developed, and thus can have a variety of effects.

Normal / Special / 0/5/10% / 70%/100% / Single/Multiple / 20% / 1 action

Spectrum rises to the surface of the water, and tilts its body to catch the sun's rays. These rays are then focused on the opponent in a beam of flashing light. If enough sunlight is caught, the attack can do potentially high amounts of damage (40% chance), otherwise, the attack will discharge a wide area (40% chance) or even do nothing at all (20% chance).

Usage Gap: 6 actions

Notes: If the attack discharges, it affects all opponents, and has a 5% base damage for each target. The attack will also be boosted to full accuracy if it discharges. If it fails, the usage gap goes into effect, but not if the attack misses. Hopefully this isn't too overpowered.

linky
Well, staryu wouldn't live in oases; they're saltwater creatures.

Rather than having these effect chances be random, it would make more sense for them to be linked to weather conditions. It seems logical that this attack would always do nothing in low-light conditions, e.g. at night, during rain dance/sandstorm/hail, and so on.

Increase the usage gap to nine actions. The usage gap always takes effect, even if the attack fails or misses. The "Notes" section should be incorporated into the "Effects" section--instead of saying that it can "potentially do high amounts of damage," just say that there's a 40% chance of doing 10% damage or something along those lines.

Edit: the staryu itself is approved, but the move is not.

here we go again~

[Splitscreen] Doduo (M) <Early Bird>
[Bastet] Meowth (M) <Technician>
[Refraction] Staryu (X) <Natural Cure>
[The Mountain Called Monkey] Mankey (M) <Anger Point>
[Ruin] Baltoy (X) <Levitate>

that's electric-tric-tric-tric

Last edited:

Gee, look at all this disposable income I have. And also a brand-new interest to steal Pokemon names from. I think I can work something out here.

[Fireheart] Eevee (M) <Adaptability>
[Bluestar] Eevee (F) <Adaptability>
[Lionheart] Eevee (M) <Adaptability>
[Spottedleaf] Eevee (F) <Adaptability>
[Runningnose] Eevee (M) <Adaptability>

Plus a Fire Stone, Water Stone and Thunderstone.

I like me some Eevees with Adaptability :l

Why not try another hopelessly stupid attribute?

[DiamondBack] Seviper (M)
Ability: Shed Skin
Signature Attribute: Texas marksmen Scanner.

Texas Marksmen Inc. is a company always trying to improve Pokémon for battles. Usually, all of their inventions fail though. The Siamese Sub, which was designed to give a Permanent substitue, resulted in the Sub taking control of the user and throwing it in front of the attacks. The Double Edged Toxic Claws poisoned the opponent, and the user. But this time their latest invention works.

The Sure Shot Eye Scanner is a metal attachment to DiamondBack's left eye. When not in use, it retracts into a small metal housing just to the left of the eye. When in use, it folds out, taking a half elipse shape, with a red Lens in the centre. This lens gives various info about the target, such as distance, direction, distortions, and last meal. Utilizing this info (save for the last meal), one can target its foe and make sure its attacks have better chances of hitting.

There are three stages to this eye scanner, the first stage, is the Off setting. In this mode, the scanner is housed in the station and is not being used. It also can be switched to off and retreats to the docking stsation. This does not require a full action.

The second stage, the Marksman Stage, involves DiamondBack taking an action to turn the scanner on and prepare the data report. In this mode, all of DiamondBacks attacks ((save for attacks such a swagger and taunt, and other attacks that rely on just talking, not actually having something 'hit' the foe)) have an in creased accuracy of 10%. Now this takes a little extra energy to do, but not as much as optimal stage.

The third stage is called Sure Shot. It's affects can only be activated if DiamondBack alrady has Marksman set to on. In this stage, the next attack is given properties of Swit, and other attacks, making it a homing device, and is sure to hit. However, this affect only affects the attack directly after it is set to Sure Shot and the scanner thun turns off to recharge.

With the scanner being made of metal, and requiring Diab.'s brain signals to work, if DiamondBack is Paralyzed, the Scanner can not be used. If DiamondBack is hit with a fire or fighting attack with power greater than 90 (after bonuses) in the face, or a regular attack of power greater than 120(after bonuses) the scanner is rendered unusable and shuts off.

Effects: Off: The scanner either is not being used, or is recharging. Recharge takes 2 Rounds. Does not require an action to switch to off
Marksman: All of DiamondBack's attacks ((save for taunt and Swagger)) have 10% more accuracy after all bonuses. Requires one Action to turn on and uses up 3% energy per round it is used.
Sure Shot: Diamondback's next attack is certain to hit, unless Subtitute or Protect/Detect is being used. Can only be activated one Marksman is one, and requires one turn to activate. After Being used, the scanner switches to off, and takes 2 rounds to recharges. Costs 5% ebergy on top of Marksman's energy (8% total) to use.
The scanner is disabled and considered 'recharging' if hit by a Fire or Fighting move that does (% or more damage to DiaB.'s head (after bonuses), or 12%(after bonuses) for any other type.

I know it sucks. I doubt it will be approved. If the SureShot energy is too high (8% just for a Lock-On effect) tell me. I considered 3% for Marksman to be fair, but if it is too low tell me.

Gee, look at all this disposable income I have. And also a brand-new interest to steal Pokemon names from. I think I can work something out here.

[Fireheart] Eevee (M) <Adaptability>
[Bluestar] Eevee (F) <Adaptability>
[Lionheart] Eevee (M) <Adaptability>
[Spottedleaf] Eevee (F) <Adaptability>
[Runningnose] Eevee (M) <Adaptability>

Plus a Fire Stone, Water Stone and Thunderstone.

I like me some Eevees with Adaptability :l

Approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom