• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Referee Headquarters

I did reflect the extra effort in energy not damage.

Also, by turns I meant rounds.

Garr, gotta get that turns thing straight.

I did reflect the extra effort in energy not damage.

Also, by turns I meant rounds.

Garr, gotta get that turns thing straight.
Ah, I see what you're getting at with the surf. I'm not sure how much you added to energy for effort... either it wasn't much, in which case electrike's thunderbolt would still have cost less, or it was a lot, in which case whoah you don't want to add that much energy for paralysis and also surf's energy without paralysis would have worked out to 3-4%, which is a bit too cheap.

Actually I think I added 4 percent for a severe paralysis? Yeah. Just ran through calcs again and it was 4.

Yeah, that's too much for paralysis, and surf should cost more than 5%, even for a milotic.

3% for a 15 pp move. 3% for 95 BP. 0% for STAB. -1% for being a stage one.

That's exactly what your guide diagnoses.

Yes. It is due for a revision. However, the issue is more the energy cost of surf relative to other attacks, such as electrike's thunderbolt.

Whoa, I did a dyslexic skip. It actually says 2% for 95 BP. Which would equal a 4% surf. And also mean I calculated T-bolt correctly at 5.

I must have added a couple points for it being a double battle.

*sigh* If I really must select another example, compare thunderbolt or surf to Absol's faint attack.

This is getting pretty old. If you still feel the need to argue your case, PM me about it.

Sorry. I gave up arguing my case around the Third post; now I'm just trying to work this out so I can do it right next time.

They should be on the first post, but they're not there. Chances are Negrek simply hasn't had the time to write/post them, is all.

New mocks will be up whenever I get up having had them all done except for part of the Elite one and then accidentally misclicking on one of my favorites buttons instead of a different tab and losing them all as a result.

Promotions

Shadow Serenity -> Elite

Paychecks

blazheirio889: 1 = $13
Byrus: 1 2 = $26
Mike the Foxhog: 1 = $13
Negrek: 1 2 3 4 = $52
Shadow Serenity: 1 2 3 = $39

Sure, I can try again. I'm happy to keep trying until I get it right, really - practice makes perfect and all that.

By the way, is there a limit on how many battles a ref can take at a time?

2 vs. 2
Single Battle.
DQ: 4 days.
Restrictions: No weather-altering moves, no chills, no OHKO moves, and no direct recovery moves.
Caps: 50%
Arena: Forest.
Description: A large forest filled with trees. Walking on the ground is a challenge because of trees being so close together. Nimble, quick Pokemon would call this place home.
Pre-Round Notes
Why they thought walking in this forest was a good idea, they'll never know, but eventually they happen upon something that could almost be called a clearing, compared to the rest of the forest. Deciding to rest here for a while, they decide to battle - that's a trainer's job, after all, to battle anywhere and everywhere. A short conversation leads to Squornshellous Beta being chosen as the ref, the other two taking their positions and preparing to begin the battle. On the ref's command, the competitors hurl their Pokéballs forward, one forming into a Gallade and the other into a Jumpluff.

Team Mitsuzo-kun
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Jumpluff
Rosie (Female)
Ability: Chlorophyll
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Status: I get the first action, but what happens on two and three? Sleep Powder if he tries to... Snatch... Substitute? Then if he tries to Snatch it again I swap it with... Seed Bomb? No, that's not right...
Commands: Substitute / Sleep Powder ~ Sleep Powder / Substitute / Seed Bomb / Swords Dance ~ Toxic / Substitute / Seed Bomb / Swords Dance

Team 3m0d0ll
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Gallade
(Male)
Ability: Steadfast
Status: I don't understand it either. Guess it makes it easier on me though.
Commands: Thunderbolt / Encore ~ Psychic / Encore ~ Ice Punch / Encore

Round 1 Begin!

Jumpluff being by far the faster of the pair, Rosie moves first. Shaking her cotton-bud limbs violently, she dislodges thousands upon thousands of tiny seeds which, concentrating hard, she fills with her own energy, causing them to band together into a rough Jumpluff-shape. The creation looks around and seems pleased, then rushes straight in front of the original, bound to protect its creator. Meanwhile, Gallade is charging up electrical energy in his body, which he suddenly releases in one violent blast. He is somewhat disheartened to realise that the cotton-bud duplicate took the full force of the attack, though.

The Jumpluff, having given up puzzling over her commands for the rest of the round, decides to just use a move and hope for the best. Shaking her cotton-buds hard, several seeds are dislodged, where they roll innocently over to Gallade, who looks at them curiously... seconds before they explode violently, throwing the Gallade several feet back and slamming him into a tree. Becoming angry now, he wrenches himself free of the tree, then gathers his psychic energies, launching a full-frontal assault at the Jumpluff's mind. He is thwarted by the Substitute, however, whose mind seems to be everywhere that he tries to attack. Growling in anger, he focusses the brunt of his attack on the duplicate, which screams in agony and then falls apart, dissolving into the seeds that made it up. Seeing the irritation vanish, Gallade smiles, an expression which causes Rosie deep unease.

Adopting the same tactic as the previous action, Rosie decides on Toxic, to which end she mixes a potent mix of toxins in her body, spitting the foul mix over her opponent, who seems quite disgusted. As the goo sinks in and begins attacking his body from the inside, the Gallade smiles in a way much more comforting than his previous one, confusing Rosie somewhat. He then begins clapping, much to the Jumpluff's surprise, and commenting on what an excellent attack it was, how he would just love to see it again. This seems to go to Rosie's head somewhat, since she grins and makes a mental note that that is the attack of choice.

Gallade is pleased that his Encore seems to have worked so well, but notices that the Toxic is taking its toll on him, causing him mild nausea. He knows it's only going to get worse.

Round 1 End!

Team Mitsuzo-kun
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Jumpluff
Rosie (Female)
Health: 80%
Energy: 80%
Status: I know, I know, it was a nice attack, wasn't it? Encored, two more actions.
Attacks Used: Substitute (20%) ~ Seed Bomb ~ Toxic

Team 3m0d0ll
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Gallade
(Male)
Health: 87%
Energy: 85%
Status: Hah, so easy to fool. Badly Poisoned (2% this round, 3% next)
Attacks Used: Thunderbolt ~ Psychic ~ Encore

Damage / Energy Calculations
Substitute - 20% health (Rosie), 10% energy.
Thunderbolt - 15% damage (critical hit), 5% energy (Accuracy roll 79, needed 100 to miss)
Seed Bomb - 11% damage, 5% energy (Accuracy roll 54, needed 100 to miss)
Psychic - 12% damage, 6% energy (Accuracy roll 99, needed 100 to miss)
Toxic - 5% energy (Accuracy roll 16, needed 86 or over to miss)
Encore - 4% energy (Accuracy roll 88, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Mitsuzo-kun, please don't use more than three conditionals in an action, it confuses your Pokémon. She settled for using a random command.
- The Substitute was destroyed on the second action.
- Jumpluff having an unspecified ability, I just went with random. Not that either of them matters in a non-Sunny-Day environment.
- I used this to calculate damage and energy, lalala you know this by now... I knocked off 2% energy for Encore though, it doesn't seem like clapping and talking would need that much energy even if there was a mild hypnotic suggestion behind it. Which is how I imagine Encore.
- Look! I got images to show remaining Pokémon in 2v2 or greater battles!
1imko5.jpg
for a conscious Pokémon and
xpqo.jpg
for an unconscious one!

Arena Notes
One tree has a small hole in it where Gallade's back-spike was wedged in. There is a fluffy mess on the floor where the Substitute collapsed.

Next Round
- 3m0d0ll Attacks
- Mitsuzo-kun Attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
Two trainers are wandering lost through the forest, when one turns and sees the other. They both know what that means: It's time to battle. As they prepare to duke it out, Pwnemon, who was resting on a tree stump nearby, volunteers to ref.

Quote:
2 vs. 2
Single Battle.
Restrictions: No weather-altering moves, no chills, no OHKO moves, and no direct recovery moves.
Description: A large forest filled with trees. Walking on the ground is a challenge because of trees being so close together. Nimble, quick Pokemon would call this place home.

Moving first, 3m0d0ll takes a PokeBall off his belt. "Go, Gallade!" he shouts.

[-]Gallade (M)
<Steadfast>

Commands: Thunderbolt/Encore ~ Psychic/Encore ~ Ice Punch/Encore

"Okay," says Mitsuzo-kun, releasing one of his own Pokemon. "Time for a mindgame, Rosie!" he shouts as the red light forms itself into a Jumpluff.

[Rosie]Jumpluff(F)
<Chlorophyll>

Commands: Substitute/Sleep Powder ~ Sleep Powder/Substitute/Seed Bomb/Swords Dance ~ Toxic/Substitute/Seed Bomb/Swords Dance

Starting off his list, Mitsuzo-kun whispers, "Try and keep this straight, Rosie. Alright, let's lead with a Substitute, followed by a Sleep Powder, and finish with a Toxic. If he tries to Snatch your Substitute, switch Substitute and Sleep Powder with each other. If he tries to Snatch your second Substitute, switch it with your third action which is Toxic. If during the second and third actions you're Taunted, switch to Seed Bomb. If he has a Substitute up in the second and third actions when you're meant to be inflicting a status, switch to Seed Bomb also. If he's Protecting, get up a Substitute if you haven't already, or use Swords Dance if you have already. All Substitutes are to be at 20%."

After realizing that he wouldn't be able to hear his opponent's commands, 3m0d0ll decided to instruct his own Pokemon at the same time. "Okay, Gallade. Since I have no idea what he asked Rosie to do, lets go head on with brute force! First off, use a powerful Thunder Bolt, then a Psychic, finish with Ice Punch, but if he ever uses Toxic, use Encore!"

Beginning her first action, the Jumpluff was muttering to herself. "Okay, so I substitute, but if he tries to use Snatch, I use Sleep Powder now and use Substitute next turn." Stopping to see what her opponent was planning, she noticed electricity crackling around the Gallade's body. Not a snatch, she thinks and rushes to make a likeness of herself out of sticks and leaves. She barely has time to finish it before a powerful bolt of electricity slams into what would have been herself, and one of the dandelion heads snaps off.

<The substitute took 20% of Jumpluff's health and 10% energy. Thunderbolt did 9% to the substitute and it took 7% energy.>

Starting to move again, Rosie again goes over her commands. So I sleep powder unless he has a substitute, then I Swords Dance. He doesn't have a substitute, though, so I won't do that. If I was taunted, no, that didn't happen either. And I already got up a substitute, so I guess I just sleep powder then. Shaking some of the pollen off of her buds, she directs them at the opponent, giving them the power of anesthesia. The Gallade tries to concentrate on psychically deconstructing the substitute, but he starts getting a little drowzy. No, he thinks. I have to fight... through... this... it's a battle! Sneezing twice, the Gallade fans the pollen from the air and manages to fight of the sleepiness. He charges a powerful psychic attack at the substitute and manages to shatter it.

<Sleep powder took 5% of Jumpluff's energy and missed. Gallade's Psychic did 12% to the substitute and took 6% of Gallade's energy.>

Trying yet again to run through her commands, the Jumpluff becomes confused. Okay, so I'll toxic, unless he has a sub, or I'm taunted... Ah forget it! What does he think I am, an Alakazam? Gathering a purple ball of sludge in her mouth, Rosie spits it at her opponent. It lands directly, searing his flesh with a sickening sound. "GALLLLLLLAAAAAADDDEEE!" he wails. That annoying Pokemon would pay. But first, he has an idea. Clapping energetically, he complimented the Jumpluff on her amazing strategy. "Bravo," he says. "Bravo. Well played. I doubt I could take many more of those." The Jumpluff makes a mental note of his supposed weakness.

<The Encore took 4% energy. Toxic took 5% energy.>

Round End!

[-]Gallade
<Steadfast>
Health: 98%
Energy: 83%

Badly Poisoned. 2% this round, 3% next.

[Rosie]Jumpluff
<Chlorophyll>
Energy: 82%

Status: Being gallant is overrated! He told me his weak point!
Encored, one action stuck on Toxic.

Round Notes:
-Jumpluff got confused round three and opted for Toxic. Try not to make orders so confusing.
-Gallade is TICKED at Rosie.

Next Round:
-3m0d0ll attacks
-Mitsuzo-kun attacks.
-I ref

Last edited:
2 vs. 2
Single Battle.

Pre-Round Notes

It seemed like a good idea to the two trainers to wander through the forest in hopes of finding a good arena. However, they quickly tired, and decided to have the battle in the small expanse of space they had found. A Mawile appeared out of nowhere and agreed to ref.

Team 3m0d0ll
Gallade
[-] Gallade (m)
<Steadfast>
Commands: Thunder Bolt/Encore~Psychic/Encore~Ice Punch/Encore

Team Mitsuzo-kun
Jumpluff
[Rosie] Jumpluff (f)
<Chlorophyll>
Commands: Substitute [20%] /Sleep Powder ~ Sleep Powder/Substitute [20%] /Seed Bomb/Swords Dance ~ Toxic/Substitute [20%] /Seed Bomb/Swords Dance

Round 1 begin!

Rosie starts off the battle by channeling some of her health into an exact likeness of herself. Almost like looking into a mirror, she mutters. She glances over at Gallade only to see that he is crackling with electricity. He smirks evilly as a bolt of electricity falls from the sky, striking Rosie's Substitute.

<Rosie: -10% energy, -30% health, has a 5% substitute; Gallade: -5% energy, -0% health>

Rosie stares at the smoking substitute. Wait. Was I supposed to put him to sleep, or dance? Or was it something else? Eh, screw this. Just do something, Rosie! the Jumpluff thinks. She snaps back to reality and slowly starts to twirl. Meanwhile, the Gallade focuses on using its own powers to get rid of her and her substitute. He uses his psychic powers to slam the substitute from tree to tree, destroying it. He then decides to move on to Rosie. She is still twirling when she is picked up and tossed between the trees, just like her substitute.

<Rosie: -2% energy, -8% health, substitute took 5% damage; Gallade: -6% energy; -0% health>

When Rosie is put down, she, yet again, contemplates what to do. Picking something at random, she forms a very tight ball of seeds in front of her, and when it is to her liking, she pelts it at Gallade. When it hits him, he is launched backwards in a cloud of greenish dust. You are so getting it now, he thinks to himself. Gallade stares at his hand (or blade, rather) as a pale blue mist forms around it. When the mist lifts, his hand is slightly coated in frost. Gallade rushes towards Rosie, frost-covered hand forward, as he smacks her right in the face, launching her backwards.

<Rosie: -6% energy; -17% health; Gallade: -5% energy; -13% health>

Round 1 end!

Team 3m0d0ll
Gallade
[-] Gallade (m)
<Steadfast>
Health: 87%
Energy: 84%
Commands: Thunder Bolt~Psychic~Ice Punch

Team Mitsuzo-kun
Jumpluff
[Rosie] Jumpluff (f)
<Chlorophyll>
Health: 45%
Energy: 82%
Commands: Substitute [20%] ~ Swords Dance ~ Seed Bomb

Notes
Rosie's ability was not specified, so I picked one at random.
Also, Mitsuzo-kun, Rosie was confused by your second and third commands and preceded to pick one move out of the four options at random.

Next Round
3m0d0ll attacks first
Mitsuzo-kun attacks next
I ref

Guess I'll try out for the novice level.

2 vs. 2
Single Battle.

Pre-Round Notes
The two trainers enter a large forest, looking for a suitable place to battle. After walking for what seems like a mile and getting mobbed by Wurmple and Combee, they finally stumble upon a clearing where the ref waits. Looking at his watch, he signals for them to send out their pokemon. Two black and yellow balls fly through the air and open up to reveal a Gallade and a Jumpluff.

Team 3m0d0ll

Gallade

Gallade (M)

Team Mitsuzo-kun

jumpluff

[Rosie] Jumpluff (F)
Commands: Substitute [20%] /Sleep Powder ~ Sleep Powder/Substitute [20%] /Seed Bomb/Swords Dance ~ Toxic/Substitute [20%] /Seed Bomb/Swords Dance

Round 1 commence!

Rosie outspeeds Gallade and summons forth a huge cloud of pollen and seeds. She begins to mold it into a vaugley Jumpluff-like shape, and shudders as she allows part of her life force to be drawn into it. The substitute blinks, and takes Rosie's place. Gallade, meanwhile, had begun to create an electrical charge by manipulating psychic energies deep within his body. As Rosie finished her substitute, Gallade launched the energy in the air, where it crashed down on the mass of plant material. The sub still remained, though it looked a lot smaller than before.
(Gallade: -0% health, -5% energy. Rosie: -20% health, -10% energy, 3% sub remaining)

From behind her substitute, Rosie mutters to herself about what to do. She finally settles on a random move. She begins dancing frantically and spinning in circles, making herself more ready and able to fight. Gallade, However, decides to just pummel her again and get rid of that substitute. He concentrates all of his psychic energies from his mind onto Rosie's Substitute, and slams it into the nearest tree. It shatters, and Rosie is left defensless.
(Gallade: -0% health, -6% energy. Rosie: -0% health, -2% health, +2 Sp. Atk)

Rosie, again confused by her trainer's commands, begins to craft a second substitute. It blinks and stands in front of her, ready to protect her if need be. Gallade chooses a more direct aproach. He uses psychic energy to cool one of his blades to sub-zero temperatures, and drives it forcefully into the second substitute. It gasps in intense pain, the cold nearly bringing it down, but continues to float just in front of Rosie.
(Gallade: -0% health, - 5% energy. Rosie: - 20% health, -10% energy, 3% substitute remaining, +2 Sp. Atk.)

Round 1 End!
Team 3m0d0ll

Gallade

Gallade (M)
Energy: 84%
Commands: Thunder Bolt~Psychic~Ice Punch

Team Mitsuzo-kun

jumpluff

[Rosie] Jumpluff (F)
Health: 60%
Energy: 78%
Status: Afraid of what that Gallade can do. +2 Sp.Atk, 3% substitute remaining.
Commands: Substitute [20%] ~ Swords Dance ~ Substitute [20%]

End of round notes:
Gallade's Thunderbolt scored a critical hit on the first action.
Rosie's substitute disintegrated on the second action.
Rosie's ability wasn't specified, so I picked one at random.
Rosie was confused by her commands on the second and third actions, so I picked one at random each time. Mitsuzo-kun,try not to make your commands so confusing.
I used this to calculate damage and energy, and Random.org for the accuracy and critical rolls

Arena Notes:
There is a fluffy pile of pollen and seeds against the tree where Rosie's substitute disintegrated.

Next Round
3m0d0ll attacks first
Mitsuzo-kun attacks second
I ref​

Last edited:
2 vs. 2
Single Battle.

The referee sat calmly on a log, whittling a stick, waiting for the day' s competitors. He heard a twig snap, and snapped his head towards the sound. Ah, good... 3m0d0ll is here... He got up and and nodded at him in greeting. A short while later, Mitzsuzo-kun stepped around a tree, and kicked his foot around, trying to get free of the underbrush. 3m0d0ll and the ref headed towards a clearing, leaving Mitsuzo-kun running to catch up to them. Everyone asserted themselves to the usual positions, and the ref barked at 3m0d0ll to send out his pokemon. Emerging from the white light was a humanoid creature, muscular and lean. His arm were odd shaped, obviously not meant to be regular hands, but tools of the trade for combat. He eyed his terrain with an experienced eye, then looked toward Mitsuzo-kun, awaiting his opponent's arrival. With the referee's order, Mitsuzo-kun tossed his pokeball, and out of the light emerged a small, blue object holding several cotton-ball-like items on it's 'arms'. With a quick sweep of a flag, the trainers screamed their orders at their pokemon, starti9ng the match.

Team 3m0d0ll

Gallade
Gallade (M)
<Steadfast>
Status: Odd. I never knew cotton balls were weapons. *Scratches head*

Team Mitsuzo-kun

Jumpluff
[Rosie] Jumpluff (F)
<Chlorophyll>

Round one, commence!
Rosie plucked a few leaves and twigs from the ground, along with some underbrush, and arranged them in the crude shape ofherself, then transfered a piece of her life into the roughly-made Jupluff. It began shifting around, then jumped in front of it's creator, as if to take a bullet.
Gallade, on the other hand, thinks he's going to be the one to deliver that bullet. Charging up what electrical power he has inside of himself, he fires a bolt of flashing yellow lightning at the Rosie-model-thing. It screeches horribly as the electricity pulses through it's body, eating it's health away.

<Rosie: -10% energy, -20% health, has an 11% substitute; Gallade: -5% energy, -0% health>

Rosie tries to think straight but uh... take a nap while dancing on a toxic substitute holding swords? Is that right or... uh.... She decides to just 'wing it'. Have to do something! She sends out a harmful array of spores that, on contact, could put anyone less than an Insomniac to sleep with out a struggle. The miss Gallade by a mile, her confusion possibly to blame.
Gallade smirks, already tasting victory. Tapping into his mental strengths, and assaults Rosie's substitute's mind in a frenzy of horribly powerful psychic blasts. The substitute loses contact with the world, her life slipping away...

<Rosie: -3% energy, -0% health, substitute destroyed; Gallade: -5% energy; -0% health>

Rosie was ready to either cry or explode. These orders were so confusing... she decided on one--Toxic. She spat a horribly miuxture of stomach acids and poison at Gallade. It hit him square in the face, burning his face. He screamed at the horrible pain, clutchung his face with the flat of his blades.
To his great dismay, Gallade had to applaud this horrible attack. He jumped up and down, clapping crazily, hoping for the cotton-monstah to notice him. Rosie did, then she turned away, blushing.

<Rosie: -4% energy ; Gallade: -5% energy; -2% health>

Round one, end!

Team 3m0d0ll

Gallade
Gallade (M)
<Steadfast>
Health: 98%
Energy: 85%
Status: I'M MELTINGGGG. Severly poisoned. 2% this round, 3% next.
Commands: Thunderbolt~Psychic~Encore

Team Mitsuzo-kun

Jumpluff
[Rosie] Jumpluff (F)
<Chlorophyll>
Energy: 83%
Commands: Substitute [20%] ~ Sleep Powder ~ Toxic

Notes
-I defualted to Chlorophyll as Rosie's ability.
-Rosie's orders were too complicated, so I selected them at random.

Next Round
-3m0d0ll attacks first
-Mitsuzo-kun attacks next
-I ref (Or would, if this wasn't a mock.)​

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom