• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Fossil excavation site

Lucky guess. :3 While the personal notepad is stored in plaintext, that means it's probably just Butterfree who could go look at it. Maybe the other admins ... but not mods. Haa.

Heavy pick, 20 turns, hard rock! :D?

Also I would like to say FUCK YEAH FOSSILS fossils are awesome~~

surskitty:

You find nothing until on turn 3...

You find a Spinarak Fossil amongst the rocks and very carefully pry it out of the hard rock. Despite the struggle to get it out, it's completely intact! Would you like to take it?

Squornshellous Beta:

You find nothing until turn 8...

Some soft, high-quality sand pours out of the relatively hard sandstone. You collect it in your hands. Would you like to bag and keep the Soft Sand?

Yep! Spinarak :3 ... Don't insects (and arachnids, presumably) only fossilize very rarely? ... Is my spinarak in amber or is it just holy crap lucky?

I'm not sure really. I'm just making the hard rock area a more kind of "Carboniferous" area. Giant spiders and stuff like that, less chance of water types.

Anyway, you continue to pick away at the hard rock. On turn 6 you find the fossilized remains of a magikarp. Chipping away around it carefully, it comes out intact. Would you like to take it?

You bag the Soft Sand and keep going...

Suddenly, on your 17th turn, you come across something hard. A fossil no doubt, but as you clear away the sandstone around it, you realise this isn't a small fossil. First you notice an eye socket, then a sharp beak. Eventually you uncover the fossilized skull of a lapras! It's completely intact. Would you like to take the Fossil Lapras Skull?

surskitty: After taking your magikarp fossil you continue to pick at the rock. On turn 11 you find... another fossil! You almost for a moment think it's a fossilized pine cone, before it clicks in your mind that it could be a pineco. After clarification from an expert, you are informed that you have found a Fossil Pineco, and that the expert is oh so very bitterly jealous. He then stops you and asks if you're definitely sure you want it?

Squornshellous Beta: On turn 19 a chunk of sandstone falls away and something glints in the sunlight. You carefully brush away loose dust and rock to reveal a dark yet not entirely opaque surface. It appears to be a Moon Stone. Would you like to take it?

I do~

... I don't actually have a pinecone fossil :'( need moooooore fossils

Squornshellous Beta: You have just one more turn to take, and although the chances are very slim of finding anything, you luckily stumble across a fossilized relicanth. Will you take your Fossil Relicanth? Final turn.

surskitty: On turn 17 you find nothing in the rock, but nestled amongst a discarded pile of stones you catch a glimpse of a Leaf Stone. A lucky and rare find. Would you like to take your Leaf Stone? Final turn.

Drage: On turn 3 you find what you hope is a pokemon fossil, but actually turned out to be just a plant fossil. Would you like to take the Old Plant Fossil?
fossil-leaves.gif

It's just decorative. Doesn't do anything.

Squornshellous Beta: Okay, so your prizes this time (for your convenience) were:

Soft sand, Fossil Lapras, Moon Stone, Fossil Relicanth.

surskitty: Your prizes this time were:

Fossil Spinarak, Fossil Magikarp, Fossil Pineco, Leaf stone

surskitty:

You buy an excavation kit and make your way out of the cave to excavate in the sandstone. Only on your second turn you find a fossil. It's a Wartortle Fossil shell. Would you like to take your Wartortle Fossil?

Drage:

Your first find ended on an anti-climax, a fossil that doesn't do anything. On turn 8 you still find nothing as you pick away at the rock, but then out of the corner of your eye you see a Nosepass sneak by.

Would you like to catch the female Nosepass? Nosepass

Your first find ended on an anti-climax, a fossil that doesn't do anything. On turn 8 you still find nothing as you pick away at the rock, but then out of the corner of your eye you see a Nosepass sneak by.

Would you like to catch the female Nosepass? Nosepass

I see. And also catch

Back
Top Bottom