• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who accepts mah challenge?????

4vs4 single
DQ: A week.
Style: Switch
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, moves that involve shaking or going through the arena.
Arena: My bed.
Description: Yes, my very own comfy bed. If you see to he right, my messy room. To the left, a wall. The ref will stand on the pillow. Due to the arena being a bed, moves that involve shaking the bed (Fissure, etc.) and going through it (Dig, etc.) are banned. A sink is nearby, making Surf possible. Since the battle is on a bouncy mattress, Bounce's power is x2.
Additional rules: No Pokemon that need water, only basic stage Pokemon.

My profile.

Last edited:
4vs4 single
switch
DQ: seven days
Damage Cap: 50%
Banned Moves: OHKOs, weather-changing moves.
Arena: Floaroma Meadow

The gentleman who sells honey in Floaroma Town has ... somewhat reluctantly let two trainers borrow his meadow for a pokemon battle. The area is covered in a rainbow of flowers, and the faint humming of Combee at work can be heard. Sunny Day is in effect, shining over the multicoloured meadow, and it's a warm spring day.

Other: There is a 10% chance that a pokemon will sneeze from the pollen in the air; this counts as a Flinch and will prevent the pokemon from attacking for that action.

it's time to d-d-d-duel

I'll accept this! (Profile)

Who accepts mah challenge?????

4vs4 single
DQ: A week.
Banned Moves: OHKOs, moves that involve shaking or going through the arena.
Arena: My bed.
Description: Yes, my very own comfy bed. If you see to he right, my messy room. To the left, a wall. The ref will stand on the pillow. Due to the arena being a bed, moves that involve shaking the bed (Fissure, etc.) and going through it (Dig, etc.) are banned. A sink is nearby, making Surf possible. Since the battle is on a bouncy mattress, Bounce's power is x2.
Additional rules: No Pokemon that need water, only basic stage Pokemon.

My profile.

Very cool arena--

Challenge accepted!

Over-Amazing Profile (Turbo)

EDIT: ILS and I decided to switch the format to 2 v.s. 2 doubles.

Last edited:
3vs3 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 32%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Water Moves that require a source, moves strong enough to knock an opponent out of bounds. Explosion/self-Destruct
User Limit: Participated in one, or no battles as of yet.
Arena: Imperial City Arena

Here there be gladitorial fights to the death, today, just a pokemon battle, wut?

This arena is simply a 100 ft diameter circle with four stone pillars placed closer to the center, and equally spaced. The sky is open and the battle area is too far away from water to use moes such as surf and muddy water. Participants are disqualified is they leave the arena (i.e. fly above 250 ft, or go beyond the walls, such as in the stands, or beyond which. The ground is simply soil, and can be burrowed in. Earthquake creates devestating damage to the arena, but may be used, at the risk of alerting the authorities.

Imperial Legion:
Sword Slash (3% Damage, 75% chance to hit, cannot hit flying)
Arrow Shot (5% Damage, 50% chance to hit, can hit fliers)
These legions cannot be dfeated in any matter or form, but can be forced away but whatever imagined means possible.

Effects:
Pokemon leaving boundries ar applied as fainted due to disqualification

Profile is in Sig Below v

Please always include your sig link in your actual post so that it can be quoted and also seen by people who turn sigs off.

3vs3 single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: 32%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Water Moves that require a source, moves strong enough to knock an opponent out of bounds. Explosion/self-Destruct
User Limit: Participated in one, or no battles as of yet.
Arena: Imperial City Arena

Here there be gladitorial fights to the death, today, just a pokemon battle, wut?

This arena is simply a 100 ft diameter circle with four stone pillars placed closer to the center, and equally spaced. The sky is open and the battle area is too far away from water to use moes such as surf and muddy water. Participants are disqualified is they leave the arena (i.e. fly above 250 ft, or go beyond the walls, such as in the stands, or beyond which. The ground is simply soil, and can be burrowed in. Earthquake creates devestating damage to the arena, but may be used, at the risk of alerting the authorities.

Imperial Legion:
Sword Slash (3% Damage, 75% chance to hit, cannot hit flying)
Arrow Shot (5% Damage, 50% chance to hit, can hit fliers)
These legions cannot be dfeated in any matter or form, but can be forced away but whatever imagined means possible.

Effects:
Pokemon leaving boundries ar applied as fainted due to disqualification

Profile is in Sig Below v

I accept your challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
2vs2 double
DQ: 5 days
Damage Cap: none~
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: A boat

A normal, cruise-ship-sized rowboat that is in the middle of the ocean. Oh, yeah, and it's about 50 miles away from Antarctica.

:D

WTS MY FIRST BATTLE K
3v3 Singles
Style: Set
DQ: Five Days
Banned moves: OHKOs, Healing
Arena: Pokémon Stadium (Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl)

Anyone who played these games in their time will know this arena well; the arena appears to be just a basic stadium with two floating platforms, however, at regular intervals the arena changes to a different type, Water, Grass, Fire or Rock. These types of arena will give a 2x damage boost to any Pokémon of that type currently on the field and will also change the scenery:
Fire: Battlers are now in a burned-down forest.
Water: Battlers are around a pool of water. There is a windmill at the other side of the arena.
Grass: Battlers are surrounded by grass and trees.
Rock: Battlers are surrounded by mountains.
The space surrounding the arena is a bottomless pit, but it has been blocked off with a forcefield for the purposes of the Pokémon battle.

Someone not extremely good please :P
Any takers?

WTS MY FIRST BATTLE K
3v3 Singles
Style: Set
DQ: Five Days
Banned moves: OHKOs, Healing
Arena: Pokémon Stadium (Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl)

Anyone who played these games in their time will know this arena well; the arena appears to be just a basic stadium with two floating platforms, however, at regular intervals the arena changes to a different type, Water, Grass, Fire or Rock. These types of arena will give a 2x damage boost to any Pokémon of that type currently on the field and will also change the scenery:
Fire: Battlers are now in a burned-down forest.
Water: Battlers are around a pool of water. There is a windmill at the other side of the arena.
Grass: Battlers are surrounded by grass and trees.
Rock: Battlers are surrounded by mountains.
The space surrounding the arena is a bottomless pit, but it has been blocked off with a forcefield for the purposes of the Pokémon battle.

Someone not extremely good please :P
Any takers?

Hmm, I am in, my other battle is taking a while anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom