• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Jack_the_PumpkinKing vs Pentimento

Well, damagewise this is nice, but if Hyde continues draining us then next round will be our last. I hate sleep.

Sleep Talk (Rollout) x3 or until you faint of exhaustion.

Hmmm. Start off with Wish, because I don't like that rollout damage. Then Dream Eater, grab health, Dream Eater energy, which should be enough to energy-faint her. (Or drain her, so dirty ;D)

Wish ~ Dream Eater x2

2 vs. 2 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage cap: 49%
Banned moves: OHKOs and weather moves banned; direct-heals restricted to 3/Pokemon
Banned Pokemon: anything with Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, Cloud Nine, or Snow Warning as its ability
Arena: Embedded Tower

In honor of the end of the DPPtHGSS era and the imminent oncome of the BW era, we battle in Johto's Embedded Tower, a relic of ancient Hoennese settlers to Johto. The weather trio still hold enough power here that mere ASB Trainers' Pokemon cannot hope to change the weather with their own power; they must suffer the whims of the more powerful weather trio. Before each set of commands is given (i.e., at the end of every round as well as in the first post), the referee will indicate the color of the glowing marks on the floor: blue, red, or green. At the beginning of the next round, the weather will change to rain to match blue marks, sunny to match red marks, and clear (no weather) to match green marks. The weather may change as often or sporadically as the referee desires, as long as each change comes between rounds.
Team Jack_the_Pumpkinking
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Twinrova (Female)
Ability: Serene Grace
Health: 41%
Energy: 40%
Status: Shrrrnkkkk... (Rumble rumble rumble) Hidden Power Bug-typed, asleep (mild; one more round); locked into Rollout (three more actions).
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Rollout) ~ Sleep Talk (Rollout) ~ Sleep Talk (Rollout)
Healings: 0/3

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Health: 80%
Energy: 68%
Status: Aargh, the light! It burns my eyes! Special Attack +2.
Attacks Used: Wish ~ Dream Eater ~ Dream Eater

Round 6 Begin!

Ignoring the careening sphere, Pedesi closes his eyes tightly and begins chanting, invoking the power of the legendary Pokémon that permeates the area and beseeching it to heal him, that he may continue to etcetera, etcetera. The content of the chant is not important. He feels a slight surge of power in response, but knows that there will be a delay before the healing comes to pass. He opens his eyes just in time to see his sleeping opponent, unable to fully control the considerable inertia of the sphere, go screeching past about a half-metre to his left.

Quickly, before it can come round again, he mutters his little draining-incantation, which causes the sphere to become briefly pink; even before the aura can be fully absorbed into his body, though, the sphere smashes into him, hard. He is thrown backwards, thankful that the energy absorbed cushioned him at leats partially from the full force of the attack.

The sphere has by now picked up a massive amount of momentum, hurtling around the arena and curving back around to hit the unfortunate Pedesi, who was, yet again, muttering his little chant; as the sphere collides with him, he absorbs even more of Twinrova's life energy, and while he is thrown back, the sphere deflects from its course, continues going in a straight line and collides with the wall. The impact manages to completely stop the rolling, and the slightly glowing sphere fades away to reveal a Togepi, uncurled as though awake, but completely unmoving.

As Jack_the_Pumpkinking recalls his Pokémon, the floor markings suddenly change again - the red, angular markings giving way to green, serpentine shapes punctuated with occasional circles. The same green aura suddenly envelops Pedesi, granting his healing wish but leaving him drained of energy as the miniature sun overhead fades away.

Round 6 End!

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Twinrova (Female)
Health: 28%
Energy: 0%
Attacks Used: Sleep Talk (Rollout) ~ Sleep Talk (Rollout) ~ Sleep Talk (Rollout)

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Health: 100%
Attacks Used: Wish ~ Dream Eater (Health) ~ Dream Eater (Energy)
Healings: 1/3

Damage / Energy Calculations
Sleep Talk (Rollout) - 11% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 99, needed 90 or above to miss - missed)
Dream Eater - 13% damage, restored 6% health (Pedesi), 9% energy (accuracy roll 46, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Rollout) - 23% damage, 12% energy (accuracy roll 52, needed 90 or above to miss)
Dream Eater - Dream Eater - 13% energy (Twinrova), restored 6% energy (Pedesi) (accuracy roll 54, needed 100 to miss)
Sleep Talk (Rollout) - 47% damage, 12% energy (accuracy roll 7, needed 90 or above to miss)
Wish - Restored 50% health, 25% energy

Notes
- I like Rollout! It is fun to describe!

Arena Notes
- The floor is glowing green, and there are no special effects.

Next Round
- Pumpkinhead sends out
- Hyde Attacks
- Pumpkinhead Attacks
- I ref

Last edited:
:D First kill of the battle~ yay. And now we have to go against a rhyhorn. Oh, how I wish you had aura sphere! Oh well.

... Right then. Rhyhorn's faster, strangely, sooo. Let's see, how about we Counter physical moves; otherwise Chill. Then... *checks rhyhorn's weight* Yeah, go ahead and Grass Knot twice. If er, he protects/detects, Chill instead.

Counter / Chill ~ Grass Knot / Chill x2

Make a 15% Substitute, which should hopefully be just big enough to block the first Grass Knot with a little left over to absorb the second one. Follow it up with Crush Claw and Take Down.

Substitute ~ Crush Claw ~ Take Down

2 vs. 2 single
Banned moves: OHKOs and weather moves banned; direct-heals restricted to 3/Pokemon
Banned Pokemon: anything with Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, Cloud Nine, or Snow Warning as its ability

In honor of the end of the DPPtHGSS era and the imminent oncome of the BW era, we battle in Johto's Embedded Tower, a relic of ancient Hoennese settlers to Johto. The weather trio still hold enough power here that mere ASB Trainers' Pokemon cannot hope to change the weather with their own power; they must suffer the whims of the more powerful weather trio. Before each set of commands is given (i.e., at the end of every round as well as in the first post), the referee will indicate the color of the glowing marks on the floor: blue, red, or green. At the beginning of the next round, the weather will change to rain to match blue marks, sunny to match red marks, and clear (no weather) to match green marks. The weather may change as often or sporadically as the referee desires, as long as each change comes between rounds.
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rhyhorn
King Dodongo (Male)
Ability: Rock Head and Battle Armor
Energy: 100%
Commands: Substitute (15%) ~ Crush Claw ~ Take Down
Signature Attribute: Flexibility
Item: Protector

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Commands: Counter / Chill ~ Grass Knot / Chill ~ Grass Knot / Chill

Round 7 Begin!

Considering for a moment, Jack_the_Pumpkinking sends out a Rhyhorn. No ordinary Rhyhorn, though - there's a clear grace and fluidity to his movements, and he seems to be wearing some kind of red armor on his legs and neck area. Regarding his opponent, Pedesi sits down and stays motionless, while Dodongo begins his attack, his eyes glowing a bright white as energy streams out of his eyes and starts to take form, forming a Rhyhorn-shape. When the stream of energy slows down and stops, the white glow slowly fades away, revealing another Rhyhorn - without its fluidity or armor - with glowing white eyes. And still, Pedesi remains still.

Now Dodongo charges forward, faster than most Rhyhorn would be able to; he approaches the motionless Togepi, then stamps down on him as hard as he can with the heel of his clawed foot. He holds there for a moment, then lifts up again and runs back. Finally moving, Pedesi waves his arms in the air, briefly bathed in a green aura, and a thick vine grows out of the ground in front of the Substitute, which was idly charging around. It trips and flies forwards, the grass-type energy in the vine shocking it, and then hits the wall and creates a small explosion, after which no substitute is present. Dodongo growls.

Dodongo charges yet again, even faster this time; a white energy streams out behind him as he goes, and when he collides with Pedesi, the tiny form is thrown backwards andd hits the wall behind it. Dodongo feels a dull force, but his thick hide prevents him from taking the full force of the move. He turns slowly around and then charges back to his own area, briefly hampered on the way by the appearance of a vine similar to the one that tripped his clone earlier. It once again serves its purpose, discharging grass-type energy into him and throwing him forward; he lands on his feet, though, and continues running. And doesn't explode.

As the round ends, the floor's markings change yet again; they revert to their earlier state, large blue circles and smooth curves. The miniature rainstorm reappears almost as quickly.

Round 7 End!

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rhyhorn
King Dodongo (Male)
Health: 63%
Energy: 81%
Attacks Used: Substitute (15%) ~ Crush Claw ~ Take Down

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Health: 86%
Energy: 34%
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Grass Knot ~ Grass Knot

Substitute - 15% health (Dodongo), 7% energy
Chill - restored 10% energy (Pedesi)
Crush Claw - 6% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 80, needed 95 or above to miss)
Grass Knot - 22% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 21, needed 100 to miss)
Take Down - 8% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 76, needed 85 or above to miss)
Grass Knot - 22% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 27, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- You sneaky person, using the Protector to negate the only downside to the attribute.
- Yeah, the Sub couldn't quite stand up to two Grass Knots. Or one. It was the double-weakness that got it.

Arena Notes
- The floor is blue, the rain is pouring.

Next Round
- Pumpkinhead Attacks
- Hyde Attacks
- I ref

So yeah I uh totally forgot that Subs aren't typeless IGNORE ME.

Rock Smash repeatedly. If he's commanded to use Grass Knot, Solarbeam (hah) or Water Pulse, dig down before he can use said attack(s), Chill underground until his commands to use said attack(s) are over, and then attack him with Dig on the way up.

Rock Smash/Dig/Chill x3

(Or if dig down and dig up count as separate commands, I guess do nothing while waiting underground? I don't want Dodongo to get confused by too many commands.)

Right then. Since it's raining, I think we can comfortably attempt a Solarbeam, or start one anyhow, let him dig down and then cancel it. Yes? If not, just Water Pulse, might as well try and shoot it down their hole. Chill while they're underground. Since I don't think they should know when you stop solarbeaming/waterpulsing, you should get a longer time to chill - but if they come up sooner, Counter that dig. And if you have any remaining actions, Chill.

Solarbeam / Water Pulse ~ Chill / Counter x2

2 vs. 2 single

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rhyhorn
King Dodongo (Male)
Health: 63%
Energy: 81%
Attacks Used: Rock Smash / Dig / Chill ~ Rock Smash / Dig / Chill ~ Rock Smash / Dig / Chill

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Health: 86%
Energy: 34%
Attacks Used: Solarbeam / Water Pulse ~ Chill / Counter ~ Chill / Counter

Round 8 Begin!

Dodongo hangs back for a few seconds, meaning that Pedesi is first to move. He begins absorbing energy - with, it must be said, some difficulty - from the little light that makes it into this place with the rainstorm going (the roof is there is an unidentified light source far overhead - not the sun though, this place is clearly indoors), which begins to manifest itself as a very slight glow on his arms. Dodongo sees this and immediately begins digging, within seconds vanishing underground.

Inside his (admittedly small) brain, thoughts are whirling round, foremost among them his trainer ordered him to stop the move when I used Dig. Taking this into account, he turns round and heads straight back up, a rumbling sound precipitating his attack - the ground under Pedesi bursts upwards like a fountain, throwing him sideways and allowing the lumbering rhino to pull himself out of the ground. Interestingly, though, as Pedesi flies through the air, a blood-red aura spreads out from the area he was hit, growing to cover his body; he lands on his feet, then begins running towards Dodongo immediately, the aura localising itself to form a glowing sphere around his left hand... stump. He reaches the rhino and deals a powerful punch, the aura transferring to Dodongo and shocking him; he rears back briefly, but being so much bigger than Pedesi, there is little-to-no real effect.

Dodongo then rears up and slams his foot down on Pedesi; when his other foot hits the floor, it cracks slightly. Another blood-red aura quickly encoats Pedesi, causing a severe burning feeling in Dodongo's foot; he roars and rears up, lumbering back and slamming heavily down, wincing as he lands on his foot. The pain fades quickly, leaving Dodongo to stare at the floor, which is returning to the red-and-angular marking pattern. Pedesi staggers to his feet and avoids looking at the sky, which is now blindingly bright.

Round 8 End!

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rhyhorn
King Dodongo (Male)
Health: 37%
Energy: 67%
Attacks Used: Dig ~ Dig ~ Rock Smash

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Health: 73%
Energy: 16%
Attacks Used: Solarbeam ~ Counter ~ Counter

Solarbeam - 5% energy
Dig - 4% energy
Dig - 9% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 54, needed 100 to miss)
Counter - 18% damage, 9% energy (accuracy roll 43, needed 100 to miss)
Rock Smash - 4% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 68, needed 100 to miss)
Counter - 8% damage, 4% energy (accuracy roll 43, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- I cut Solarbeam's full energy in half, since it was only started and then stopped hafway through.
- Pokémon can hear and understand their opponent's orders too. Or at least I do it like that.
- Dig Down and Dig Up are two seperate moves, but can be grouped into the command 'Dig'.
- Both Counters rolled an accuracy roll of 43. Huh.

Arena Notes
- The floor is red and the sun is shining.

Next Round
- Hyde Attacks
- Pumpkinhead Attacks
- I ref

Well! We're doing pretty well, Pedesi. I'm gonna say Chill through the round unless physical moves are used that deal more than 5% damage, then Counter. :]

Chill / Counter x3

Not sure if it'll cancel out Chills fully the way it does sleep, but it'll definitely cut into her ability to Chill at least somewhat, and also why not.

Uproar x3

2 vs. 2 single

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rhyhorn
King Dodongo (Male)
Energy: 67%
Attacks Used: Uproar ~ Uproar ~ Uproar

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Health: 73%
Energy: 16%
Attacks Used: Chill / Counter ~ Chill / Counter ~ Chill / Counter

Round 9 Begin!

Dodongo begins his move almost immediately, setting about his task with abandon; he opens his mouth wide and begins roaring, very very loudly. He keeps on roaring for far longer than he should be able to, continuing long after his lungs should, by rights, be empty; for Pedesi, who at the beginning of the round sat down and tried to go into a sort of mediatative trance, it makes life very difficult, since it's nigh-impossible to go fully under in that level of sound.

Several minutes of annoyed meditation later, Pedesi gets to his feet, much less refreshed than he feels he should be and with a raging headache; Dodongo finally closes his mouth, ceasing his noise. His throat hurts.

Round 9 End!

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rhyhorn
King Dodongo (Male)
Attacks Used: Uproar ~ Uproar ~ Uproar

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Health: 49%
Energy: 31%
Status: How's a guy meant to recover his energy around here if that kind of noise is going on? Special Attack +2.
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Chill ~ Chill

Uproar - 8% damage, 9% energy
Chill - restored 5% energy (Pedesi)

Notes
- I'm gonna go with Uproar cutting Chills in half.
- Short reffing, but what can you do when it's basically just two attacks maintained for three actions?
- I also had no idea how to make Uproar deal damage, so I handwaved it with his headache.
- Just for the record, your Pokémon don't understand that their health and energy are in precentages; they just know that they're hurting, or tired, or refreshed. "more than 5% health" means nothing to them.

Arena Notes
- The floor is red and the sun is shining.

Next Round
- Pumpkinhead Attacks
- Hyde Attacks
- I ref

Nice handwave.

Er. Looks like we're going to lose this battle almost definitely, Dodongo. But maybe we can at least take out that Togepi and get you an extra experience point. Dig down on the first action and chill underground twice if a Water- or Grass-type move is commanded. If not, counter any physical attacks, and, otherwise, chill twice and end with a Crush Claw.

Dig down/Counter/Chill ~ Chill/Counter ~ Chill/Counter/Crush Claw.

... I'm finding it really hard to understand those commands. Dx urhg. Okay. I think we're gonna Chill twice and Counter that Crush Claw.

Chill x2 ~ Counter

Back
Top Bottom