• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Jack_the_PumpkinKing vs Pentimento

2 vs. 2 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage cap: 49%
Banned moves: OHKOs and weather moves banned; direct-heals restricted to 3/Pokemon
Banned Pokemon: anything with Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, Cloud Nine, or Snow Warning as its ability
Arena: Embedded Tower

In honor of the end of the DPPtHGSS era and the imminent oncome of the BW era, we battle in Johto's Embedded Tower, a relic of ancient Hoennese settlers to Johto. The weather trio still hold enough power here that mere ASB Trainers' Pokemon cannot hope to change the weather with their own power; they must suffer the whims of the more powerful weather trio. Before each set of commands is given (i.e., at the end of every round as well as in the first post), the referee will indicate the color of the glowing marks on the floor: blue, red, or green. At the beginning of the next round, the weather will change to rain to match blue marks, sunny to match red marks, and clear (no weather) to match green marks. The weather may change as often or sporadically as the referee desires, as long as each change comes between rounds.
Team Jack_the_Pumpkinking
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rhyhorn
King Dodongo (Male)
Ability: Rock Head and Battle Armor
Health: 37%
Energy: 40%
Attacks Used: Dig down / Counter / Chill ~ Chill / Counter ~ Chill / Counter / Crush Claw
Healings: 0/3
Signature Attribute: Flexibility
Item: Protector

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Ability: Serene Grace
Health: 49%
Energy: 31%
Status: How's a guy meant to recover his energy around here if that kind of noise is going on? Special Attack +2.
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Chill ~ Counter
Healings: 1/3

Round 10 Begin!

This round is destined to be boring for at least a few minutes, as both Pokémon get into meditative and resting states - Pedesi sits down and closes his eyes, while Dodongo, uh, closes his eyes and kind of slumps? That seems like what he's doing. Well, whatever. Regardless of posture, both of them are actually minimizing movement in order to allow their bodies' natural healing processes to restore their energy. It's a process that takes several minutes.

SEVERAL MINUTES LATER, they both begin to stir; King Dodongo (hey, is he actually the king of anything? Someone needs to check that out) is the first to get back to a state wherein he can battle. he begins a slow, lumbering run towards Pedesi, and in a nearly identical manner to one of his earlier moves, rears up and stamps down on his opponent, his other hoof denting the floor. And while he really should have seen it coming, the counter-attack is identical as well - Pedesi is quickly bathed in a red aura, which stings and burns Dodongo's foot, causing him to rear up and lumber back. As he gingerly places his foot back on the ground, the markings on the floor change once more, returning to the bright-green, serpentine variation; the intense sunlight fades away as well.

Round 10 End!

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rhyhorn
King Dodongo (Male)
Health: 25%
Energy: 54%
Status: My throat hurts, and my foot hurts... I have two owies. Speed +1.
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Chill ~ Crush Claw

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Health: 43%
Energy: 45%
Status: Really, you lumbering brute? Well, I must say, your weight bearing down on me is hardly pleasant either! Special Attack +2.
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Chill ~ Counter

Damage / Energy Calculations
Chill - restored 10% energy (Dodongo)
Chill - restored 10% energy (Pedesi)
Chill - restored 10% energy (Dodongo)
Chill - restored 10% energy (Pedesi)
Crush Claw - 6% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 94, needed 95 or above to miss)
Counter - 12% damage, 6% energy (accuracy roll 9, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Oh look, another short reffing. But still, it was essentially only two actions.
- Stop ordering such monotonous and/or repetetive rounds guys, it's boring for me and for you D:
- You know what happens when you don't limit Chills? You get a long battle, that's what. But that's okay for me, because it means more money!

Arena Notes
- The floor is green. There is no weather effect.

Next Round
- Hyde Attacks
- Pumpkinhead Attacks
- I ref

Hey, I don't mind boring rounds! As long as they work in my favour.

We should be able to win this round, technically, so let's try that. Grass Knot on any actions that Dodongo isn't protect/detecting or digging underground. If he uses dig and isn't commanded to resurface/attack immediately with it, go ahead and Mimic it, and use it to follow him down (and strike him). If you have actions left and he's down there with you, keep using Grass Knot, unless of course he's protect/detecting. If he digs up, follow him up with Dig, and hit him with it. Whenever he's protect/detecting, Curse.

Grass Knot / Mimic (Dig) / Curse x3

Yep, this probably will be our last round indeed. But since this is Anime-Style Battling, we can at least try to make it interesting!

First dig down. When Pedesi gets underground too (you will probably know this because he attacks you, but who knows, you might be able to hear him digging) go apeshit wild with Earthquake. That'll probably be suicidal, but we were going to faint anyway, so why not deal MASSIVE DAMAGE to the arena.

If using Earthquake while underground is unreasonable for whatever reason then I guess let's be boring and use Earthquake three times aboveground.

Dig down/Earthquake ~ Earthquake x2

2 vs. 2 single
Style: Set
DQ: Standard week
Damage cap: 49%
Banned moves: OHKOs and weather moves banned; direct-heals restricted to 3/Pokemon
Banned Pokemon: anything with Drizzle, Drought, Sand Stream, Cloud Nine, or Snow Warning as its ability
Arena: Embedded Tower

In honor of the end of the DPPtHGSS era and the imminent oncome of the BW era, we battle in Johto's Embedded Tower, a relic of ancient Hoennese settlers to Johto. The weather trio still hold enough power here that mere ASB Trainers' Pokemon cannot hope to change the weather with their own power; they must suffer the whims of the more powerful weather trio. Before each set of commands is given (i.e., at the end of every round as well as in the first post), the referee will indicate the color of the glowing marks on the floor: blue, red, or green. At the beginning of the next round, the weather will change to rain to match blue marks, sunny to match red marks, and clear (no weather) to match green marks. The weather may change as often or sporadically as the referee desires, as long as each change comes between rounds.

xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Rhyhorn
King Dodongo (Male)
Health: 25%
Energy: 54%
Status: My throat hurts, and my foot hurts... I have two owies. Speed +1.
Attacks Used: Dig down / Earthquake ~ Earthquake ~ Earthquake

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Health: 43%
Energy: 45%
Status: Really, you lumbering brute? Well, I must say, your weight bearing down on me is hardly pleasant either! Special Attack +2.
Attacks Used: Grass Knot / Mimic (Dig) / Curse ~ Grass Knot / Mimic (Dig) / Curse ~ Grass Knot / Mimic (Dig) / Curse

Round 11 Begin!

Now this round looks like it's going to be a lot more interesting than the previous ones. Dodongo is yet again the first to move, scraping madly at the ground with his forepaws and very, very rapidly vanishing underground. Pedesi watches him go with some interest, and then his eyes briefly glow bright white as he mimicks his foe's attack; he huirls himself to the floor, scrabbling madly with his tiny limbs, and somehow manages to dig underground as well.

The Rhyhorn stops his digging once he reaches a few metres below the surface, and Pedesi follows him, though he's aiming blind - underground, after all, he can't see his opponent. miraculously, though, he converges on Donongo's location, and suddenly he bursts through the wall of Dodongo's tunnel. The rhino rears back and growls intimidatingly - this is his underground space, and he'll be damned if anyone is going to invade it - and to that end, he rears up and smashes his full weight on the floor of the tunnel. A huge shockwave ripples out, throwing Pedesi around and sending him rattling around the walls, which pleases dodongo greatly - but that's not the only effect it has. On the surface, a massive web of cracks and fissures has appeared, and an ominous rumbling starts up underground - Dodongo looks up at the ceiling in panic, this isn't meant to happen, what --

And then the roof collapses.

Accompanied by a large part of the centre of the battlefield slumping downwards, all of the tunnels the combatants - and the wild Diglett and Dugtrio living in the area, who've been around for years - have made collapsing in on themselves. The network of cracks in the stone floor of the tower provide perfect places for the floor to break, and now the arena floor is a shattered, concave mess, littered with dirt and punctuated by the occasional glowing fragment. The combatants themselves, of course, have been completely buried, and the referee is panicking - Dodongo should be fine, but Pedesi is a Togepi, not suited to being underground and just a baby, he's going to suffocate under there and which of her Pokéballs has the League Reuniclus in it, he can get them out - but then there is movement.

Miraculously, the ground is being pushed up, the tiles sliding away as something emerges - it's Pedesi, and he's grinning as though to say he enjoyed the whole experience. How the - what the - how - but...

Pedesi ignores the referee's splutterings, and begins brushing himself off, cleaning away the stray dirt that stuck to him. The referee, having finally stopped exclaiming randomly, looks up in time to see the second emergence from the ground in as many minutes - a massive bulge becomes evident before he finally breaches the surface, but it's King Dodongo, looking... mostly unharmed. The referee seems to have used up all of her surprise and just shrugs - eh, he's a ground-type - as Dodongo heaves himself out of his hole and begins shaking himself, then suddenly starts lumbering towards Pedesi, clearly preparing to attack.

He is stopped, though, by the emergence of a tiny vine from the shattered and broken ground, glowing bright green with energy - it entangles Dodongo's hoof, searing him with energy to which he is incredibly vulnerable, and tripping him up. He lands on his chin, collapses, and doesn't stir again. Pedesi smirks; he caused that what happened there.

As both trainers recall their Pokémon, Squornshellous Beta skips lightly over the shattered stones to give them their paychecks. As she is doing so, the patterns on the destroyed floor change once again - now all three colors are glowing brightly on the stone fragments, and on the larger pieces serpentine shapes, circles and sharp angles are all visible. The three trainers look upwards to see what the microclimate is doing - nothing, apparently - and then suddenly glance about them in fear, stricken by panic all of a sudden - with good reason, it seems; the doors are gone.

Suddenly, the trainers hear three distinct roars; one deep and guttural, as though of the earth itself, coming from below them; one loud and low, like waves out at sea, apparently from the walls; and one, high and screeching, like no noise the three terrified trainers have ever heard before, from above them.

And suddenly, the chamber is not the smallish affair that it was but infitessimally large, the floor stretching to infinity around them, though the destroyed area remains so; and upwards from the ground a great and monstrous beast pulls itself, red and grey, with white spikes; and they recognize its markings as those that triggered the sunlight. And from the shadows in front of them comes also a great and powerful titan; blue and fishlike, though with massive, winglike flippers; with a white underbelly and red markings; they recognise it as the markings that induced the rainstorm. And from the infinite sky descends a more powerful creature than the two combined; a massive, horribly green serpent, massive teeth bared in a deafening roar; yellow and red markings cover its body. They instantly recognize it as the greatest of the three, the one that instantly quelled the other climate conditions; and they all know that they are going to suffer for what they did to the - sacred, they realize far too late - Embedded Tower. And indeed, this is true; and with a swipe of its mighty tail, the serpent causes them to feel no more.

And now they seem to be focussing on something else - wait, no, what are you doing? No, no, please - no, it wasn't my fault - no, I'm just the narrator! No! Please! Noooooooooo - krkkkjhkkkkkkkdfffffffffffffffffff - aaaaaaaaaarrrrrghhhhhhh - noooo, please stop...

And with a final, decisive crack, the narrator too feels no more. And, our jobs done, we the guardians of this tower return to our deep slumbers. Groudon, beast of the earth, returns to his magma-filled cave, deep in the centre of the earth; Kyogre, titan of the sea, to her deep-sea trench, surrounded by impassible currents; and I, Rayquaza, master of the skies, I return to my sleep in the very upper reaches of the earth's atmosphere. Take heed, humans - we the Legendary Pokémon will not allow you to defile our sacred sites. Anyone else who does so will not be met with the same mercy as we have shown these four. We allowed them to die with the minimum of surrering. We will not be so lenient again.

Round 11 End!

xpqo.jpg
xpqo.jpg

Rhyhorn
King Dodongo (Male)
Health: 0%
Energy: 35%
Attacks Used: Dig down ~ Earthquake ~ Dig up

Team Hyde
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Togepi
Pedesi (Male)
Health: 14%
Energy: 25%
Attacks Used: Mimic (Dig) ~ Mimic (Dig) ~ Grass Knot

Damage / Energy Calculations
Dig - 4% energy
Mimic (Dig) - 6% energy
Earthquake - 24% damage, 11% energy
Cave-in - 8% damage (Dodongo), 5% damage (Pedesi)
Mimic (Dig) - 6% energy
Dig - 4% energy
Grass Knot - 22% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 49, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Far more interesting round this time! But unfortunately the Earthquake underground caused a cave-in which acted like a half-power ground-type Rock Slide. The battlers had to Dig their way out after that.
- Also Earthquake's power was doubled because Pedesi was underground.
- Also due to their incredibly close proximity, Earthquake couldn't miss.
- Okay, I fear that wasn't quite clear, so it went like this. On the first round, Dodongo Dug, and Pedesi Mimicked Dig. On the second action, dodongo used Earthquake, the tunnel caved in, and Pedesi used his Mimicked Dig to escape. On the third action, Dodongo dug up, and Pedesi used Grass Knot, making Dodongo faint.
- ...Okay, I'm not quite sure what just happened O.O I was typing something creative and it just sort of... ran away from me, somehow. I don't know.

Arena Notes
- The arena has been totally destroyed. It is completely concave, about three metres lower in the centre than at the edges, and the stone-tile floor has been shattered; traces of etchings can be seen, but nothing coherent. The dirt underneath can clearly be seen. The many miles of Diglett and Dugtrio tunnels have been completely collapsed, and a nest of twelve newborn Diglett was killed.
- All three patterns are evident on the shattered remains of the floor. While no weather is apparent, the doors seem to have vanished.

Prizes
Hyde gets $16. Pumpkinhead gets $3, apparently, and I get $5, leaving the other $5 for Dave Stryder to take. Pedesi gets three happypoints, while Twinrova gets one. King Dodongo gets one EXP. I think that's everything.

Holy crap, that was cool. Thanks for reffing, Squorn, and thanks for battling me, Derpy WhiPentiPathoHyde! (best nickname evar)

Sweetness. That was a great battle! And my first since the crash that finished. So thanks for that, Squorn, and thanks, Pumkinhead, for the battle. :D!

I now have a huge affection for togepi.

Back
Top Bottom