• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Arylett Dawnsborough vs Chief Zackrai

Not Meowth

Cat, are you drilling?
3-vs-3 single
Style: Switch
DQ: One week.
Damage Cap: 35%
Banned Moves: OHKOs and any recovery moves.

Arena: Nothing

A minimal arena that literally has nothing in it. It is a square room that is ivory and extremely basic, being a vast expanse of whiteness that stretches on seemingly forever. A great place for a simple battle with no hassle, if a bit unnerving.

Arylett's active squad
Ani058MS.png
Novale (M) <Intimidate>
Ani252MS.png
Paine (F) <Overgrow>
Ani261MS.png
Auralasia (F) <Quick Feet>
Ani179MS.png
Blitzhupe (M) <Static>
Ani016MS.png
Flarrai (F) <Keen Eye>
Ani263MS.png
Alterra (F) <Pickup>
Ani147MS.png
Valight (M) <Shed Skin>

Zackrai's active squad

Ani343MS.png
Bes (X) <Levitate>
Ani207MS.png
Ptah (M) <Hyper Cutter> @Razor Fang
Ani285MS.png
Ramses (M) <Poison Heal>

The virtual coin dictates:
- Chief Zackrai sends out
- Arylett Dwansborough sends out and attacks
- Chief Zackrai attacks

Well that looks mean...

Well, use Go with Safeguard, then use Protect. finally, use an Earthquake.

Safeguard~Protect~Earthquake

Normal arenas are one thing, but quite frankly boring ones are another. Meowth may have spent every moment of his time in sleazy bars or on Antarctic rowboats wishing for somewhere a bit less outlandish to preside over a battle, but a plain white room? Was the fool who thought of this place even trying? What was her name now...? He hurriedly searches through the paperwork- ah yes, Arylett Dwansborough. As he folds the document up and slips it back into his pocket, Ms Dwansborough enters the room, followed by her opponent, Chief Zackrai. She quickly consults the ref over a possible typographical error, and Meowth makes a mental note to see to it that certain Asber office clerks are fired and orders the trainers to take their places and send out their Pokémon.

Arylett decides to start with Alterra, her Zigzagoon, hurling the Normal-type's Pokéball into the centre of the plain white floor and releasing it in a flash of red light. Alterra scans the room, none to impressed with its frankly underwhelming colour scheme, but being a Normal-type, she can hardly comment on plainness, now can she? Chief Zackrai also throws a Pokéball, from which bursts a rather stunning yellow and blue Baltoy. The sparkliness of its surface suggests it may be a very rare Shiny version, but since it's just a lump of clay, it could well just be paint and glitter. In any case it's a nice contrast to the endless plain whiteness of the room.

=ROUND ONE=
Arylett Dawnsborough (ƟƟƟ)
Spr_4d_263.png

Alterra (F)
Ability: Pickup
Health: 100% | Energy: 100%
Double Team ~ Toxic/Blizzard (if Bes uses Safeguard) ~ Light Screen

Chief Zackrai (ƟƟƟ)
Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes
Ability: Levitate
Status: I'm shiny. Are you shiny? No. You're not. ...so there.
Safeguard ~ Protect ~ Earthquake

Being just faster than her opponent, Alterra moves first, and decides to flaunt her speed with a Double Team. Quick as a flash, she begins darting all over the arena in haphazard patterns, appearing only as a fuzzy brown blur. When she eventually grinds to a halt, she has four mirror images alongside her; illusions created by her incredible speed. Gazing at the quintet of raccoons in amazement, Bes decides it's going to need some sort of protection in case they all decide to gang up on him. Summoning its psychic energies, it manifests them into a cylindrical translucent screen of light green energy around its body, shielding itself from any unwanted effects of moves.

Alterra watches this, rather disgruntled. Clearly a Toxic's not going to punch through that... luckily, Bes should still be vulnerable to regular ol' damage. Taking a deep breath, Alterra slowly releases it, pushing out a gale of frigid air so cold that all moisture in the air it touches instantly freezes into a storm of sleet. Bes sees this freezing windstorm rushing toward him and puts up another barrier, this time a vast blue dome that hermetically seals him from everything outside. The blizzard flows over the dome of energy without so much as fogging it up, and when the freezing winds die down Bes lets the shield flicker out.

As the snow melts into a thin puddle all across the floor, Alterra snarls at Bes viciously. You bastard, she hisses, as the Baltoy snickers maliciously at making her waste all that effort. Deciding to rise above Bes' childish mockery, Alterra declines the opportunity to smash his face in and instead put up a good old Light Scr- wait, Light Screen? You mean that big glowy shieldy thing that Raichus and Kadabras and, hell, even stupid Baltoys use? Alterra can't remember ever knowing such a move! While she's busy being confused, Bes decides to dish out some destruction. Rising a few inches into the air and lowering his appendages, he suddenly shoots downwards and plants his little foot thing into the ground, spinning furiously to drive himself further into the crack his impact created. Little by little, the ground splits open until suddenly it gives, sending cracks sprawling in all directions and shaking the entire room. Alterra is suddenly lifted off her paws and vaulted into the ceiling, then into each of the walls before finally slamming back onto the ground head-first. Concussed and injured, Alterra slowly gathers her bearings and eases herself back onto her feet, trying to work out what just happened. Judging by the state of the place, Bes has been a complete git again. She's down four clones, as well. The Baltoy spins in place joyously, mocking his opponent's failure to do anything particularly helpful. Despite failing to attack properly for two actions in a row, Alterra is heartened when an intruiging scent hits her nostrils; sniffing at the plain white ground, she discovers that what looked like a patch of floor was in fact a flat sheet of plain white paper. Picking it up in her jaws happily, she trots over to her trainer and hands it over; Arylett gives an unenthusiastic smile and slides the paper into her bag. Perhaps she can sell it at a second-hand art supplies shop or something.

Spr_4d_263.png

Alterra (F)
Health: 88% | Energy: 87%
Pickup: $1
Double Team ~ Blizzard ~ nothing

Chief Zackrai (ƟƟƟ)
Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes
Health: 100% | Energy: 83%
Status: greatly amused. Protected by Safeguard (3 more actions).
Safeguard ~ Protect ~ Earthquake

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ Alterra produced 4 clones, since the number wasn't specified.
~ neither Veekun nor Bulbapedia state that Zigzagoon can use Light Screen, so Alterra did nothing on the third action.
~ Earthquake eliminated Alterra's clones.
~ I probably should have thought to ask this beforehand, Zackrai, but are chills counted under "recovery moves"?

=TURN ORDER=
~ Chief Zackrai attacks
~ Arylett attacks

Last edited:
This is Arylett's field...

That was fun, Bes. Now, let's go with a nice Sandstorm, followed by two Cosmic Powers for your defence.

Sandstorm~Cosmic Power~Cosmic Power

=ROUND TWO=
Spr_4d_263.png

Alterra (F)
Health: 88% | Energy: 87%
Pickup: $1
Frustration ~ Rain Dance ~ Surf

Chief Zackrai (ƟƟƟ)
Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes
Health: 100% | Energy: 83%
Status: greatly amused. Protected by Safeguard (3 more actions).
Sandstorm ~ Cosmic Power ~ Cosmic Power

The joy of finding a free sheet of paper having worn off, Alterra again finds herself slightly ticked off, both by her wasted attempts at attacking and by her opponent's insultingly smug demeanour. She decides the best way of venting her bad mood would be to punch that stupid Baltoy right in the face. While Bes is busy lowering its guard thinking about how awesome it is, Alterra trots up and tackles it to the ground, dealing a few relentless blows to the astonished Baltoy with her front paws. When she feels her anger is spent, she climbs off, sighs serenely, and returns to her trainer's side of the field. Bes picks itself up, floating slowly back upwards and rubbing its sore, beaten head. It glowers at Alterra furiously; its desert-based superpowers will cut her down to size! Raising its appendages up to the ceiling, Bes begins to gyrate, moving in a wide circle while spinning his body round and round, summoning any sand or grit that might be present in the arena. Due to its complete emptiness, the room contains far too little sand for a full-on sandstorm (i.e. none whatsoever). However Bes takes what it can find, and small particles of the dirt exposed by the cracks his Earthquake formed start getting sucked into Bes' vortex. Before long, it has formed a huge, pale brown whirlwind that spans the entire room, scuffing the walls and floor and getting in everybody's eyes.

Alterra scoffs at his rather impromptu Sandstorm. Call that a weather effect? This is a weather effect, she thinks as she begins to rythmically shuffle her paws across the floor. As her paw-tapping grows steadily more tuneful, the trainers hear thunderclaps and rain pouring against the roof of the building their boring white room is in. Alterra's dance comes to an end, and she looks skyward expectantly, only to be greeted by the same murky brown blizzard as before. As she curses the waterproofness of ceilings, Bes doesn't seem to be paying attention at all; eyes tightly closed, and motionless apart from its steady bobbing up and down in the air, it appears to be meditating deeply. A faint white glow surrounds its body as its eyes open, apparently enhanced by some divine power. Or something.

Dusting madly at her soily fur with her tail, Alterra decides once again that something needs to be done to rinse all this dirt out of the air, before her coat is completely ruined. Tapping into her large bank of Completely Nonsensical Moves For Normal-Types, she decides there's no kill like overkill and chooses to do so with a goddamn tidal wave. She concentrates, attempting to summon one by manipulating any nearby water, before remembering that they're inside, no rain can get in, and there's no water in sight. Sighing in frustration, she gives up, making a mental note to think her strategies through a little more logically. Bes, meanwhile, is in another trance-like state, absorbing the powers of the cosmos and glowing even more brightly than before. Looking away from Bes, who looks ridiculously garish even through a mild dirtstorm, Alterra spots another interesting object on the floor; scurrying over to investigate, she returns to her trainer, again carrying a piece of stationery. This time, it is a single, sealed white envelope. Ignoring the fact it's not addressed to her (or anyone, for that matter), a bemused Arylett tears the envelope open to find a $1 note inside! Pocketing the bill with a smile, she rewards Alterra with a pat on the head, balls up the envelope and throws it at Chief Zackrai when she doesn't think he's looking.

Alterra (F)
Spr_4d_263.png

Health: 87% | Energy: 73%
Pickup: $2
Frustration ~ Rain Dance ~ Surf

Chief Zackrai (ƟƟƟ)
Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes
Health: 92% | Energy: 74%
Status: "excuse me, but I have just once again noticed that I am considerably shinier than you". +2 Def, +2 Sp. Def.
Sandstorm ~ Cosmic Power ~ Cosmic Power

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ Zackrai, if next time you could give me until the DQ period is actually up before asking for an e-ref, I'd be most grateful :/
~ it is Arylett's arena, isn't it ._. Arylett, are chills allowed?
~ Frustration had a base power of about 70, since failing a couple of moves is hardly the end of the world.
~ Bes managed to conjure up a very makeshift sandstorm from the dirt exposed by his Earthquake. It has less effectiveness than a normal Sandstorm, and will deal damage every other action and decrease accuracy to a lesser degree.
~ a weak sandstorm is raging (3 more actions).
~ Rain Dance failed since the battle is indoors.
~ and due to the lack of a water source, so did Surf.

=TURN ORDER=
~ Arylett attacks
~ Zackrai attacks

Nork! I should've been more specific... it failed. I ain't very good at this. But at least I get some money! And I got to toss paper at someone.

And yeah, chills are. I didn't say they weren't, did I?

Mm'kay, let's see what other ways I can screw this up in now. Since he just got stat-increased, let's bring it back down. Tickle 'im twice. Then let's just be safe and toss a Body Slam his way. HOPEFULLY, something won't go wrong! ...Hopefully.

Tickle ~ Tickle ~ Body Slam

O.o I can't believe how well this is going for me. (oh, and sorry. I'm just a tad impatient.

Well, Bes, we can't have those tickles hitting you, can we? Start with a Double Team (four clones) and continue with Toxic, for no reason. Stop 'er in 'er tracks with a nice Ice Beam.

Double Team (4 clones)~Toxic~Ice Beam

3-vs-3 single

A minimal arena that literally has nothing in it. It is a square room that is ivory and extremely basic, being a vast expanse of whiteness that stretches on seemingly forever. A great place for a simple battle with no hassle, if a bit unnerving.
Team Arylett Dawnsborough
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zigzagoon
Alterra (Female)
Ability: Pickup ($2)
Health: 87%
Energy: 73%
Commands: Tickle ~ Tickle ~ Body Slam

Team Chief Zackrai
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes (Genderless)
Health: 92%
Energy: 74%
Status: Excuse me, but I have just once again noticed that I am considerably shinier than you. Defense +2, Special Defense +2.
Commands: Double Team (4 clones) ~ Toxic ~ Ice Beam

Round 3 Begin!

Despite her dejection, Alterra is still the first to attack, running at her opponent and rubbing up against it, her fine, tickly fur tickling the Baltoy and causing it to degenerate into a fit of giggling - despite its appearance, it still has the same nervous system as most other Pokémon, and thus is still vulnerable in the same way. She runs back to her own end of the arena, where she has spotted something shiny in an Earthquake crack, leaving Bes (still giggling occasionally) to its own attack. Its eyes briefly glow bright pink and then four identical Baltoy copies fade into existence, forming a circle with Bes himself included - they then move round several times to eliminate any chance that Alterra might know where the real one is. Alterra, though, is unconcerned - the shiny thing is stuck quite firmly, and she's enjoying pulling on it to try and free it. Finally, she pulls it free, revealing it to be some kind of silver bracelet, albeit muddy and tarnished; she dashes over to her trainer, who pockets it.

Alterra finally turns round to face her opponent, and her face degenerates into a look of dismay - there are five identical Baltoy, and she has no way of knowing which one to attack. She decides to simply guess wildly, charging at the nearest one; the second she touches it, however, it melts away. Her next thought is one of disgust - a large, viscous, purple blob has just landed on her back, and is even now soaking through her skin. She wheels round to look for the culprit, but none of the four remaining Baltoy show any signs whatsoever of having used the attack.

Growling now, she runs towards the farthest Baltoy - may as well have some kind of plan, she figures - before leaping into the air, coming crashing down on the ground and straight through the clone, which too flickers and vanished on contact. She turns round to the remaining three, and is dismayed to see that they all appear to be using the same attack - no way to tell which one is real. The Baltoy are charging up a light blue orb of energy, and when it reaches its intended size a very, very thin beam shoots out of the front; the numbing cold instantly takes effect and stops her from being able to tell which is the real one - all she can tell is it came from somewhere to her left, and that could be any of the three. She tries to run, trips, and realizes with dismay that her left-front-leg is frozen in a large chunk of ice. She growls at the three Baltoy, and limps slowly back to her own end of the field.

Round 3 End!

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zigzagoon
Alterra (Female)
Ability: Pickup ($3)
Health: 76%
Energy: 61%
Status: You... you... argh! Frozen (moderate; speed reduced by a third, extra energy on attacks requiring movement of the left-front-leg, four more rounds); badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next)
Attacks Used: Tickle ~ Tickle ~ Body Slam

Team Chief Zackrai
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes (Genderless)
Energy: 54%
Status: Sparkle, sparkle! Defense +1, Special Defense +2, Attack -1.
Attacks Used: Double Team (4 clones) ~ Toxic ~ Ice Beam

Damage / Energy Calculations
Tickle - 3% energy (accuracy roll 73, needed 100 to miss)
Double Team - 6% energy
Tickle - 3% energy (missed)
Toxic - 6% energy (accuracy roll 1, needed 85 or over to miss)
Body Slam - 6% energy (missed)
Ice Beam - 9% damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 72, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Ice Beam froze Alterra's left-front-leg; it now takes more energy for her to walk, or run, or do anything else relating to her leg, until the ice melts. Her speed is also reduced.
- For some reason, I had to fight against my hand all through this - it kept describing both Pokémon as 'he'. Bad hand.
- Huh, it appears you don't have to wait until tonight. What do you know.

Arena Notes
- The floor is cracked from the Earthquake.

Next Round
- Chief Zackrai Attacks
- Arylett Dawnsborough Attacks
- I ref

how is this so leaned in my favor? I'm a little worried...

Alright, if she uses a Special move, counter with Light Screen. However, if anything else is used, use Flash. Finish off this round with Psybeam.

Light Screen/Flash~Light Screen/Flash~Psybeam

3-vs-3 single

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zigzagoon
Alterra (Female)
Status: You... you... argh! Frozen (moderate; speed reduced by a third, extra energy on attacks requiring movement of the left-front-leg, four more rounds); badly poisoned (2% this round, 3% next)
Attacks Used: Double Team (4 clones) ~ Brave Bird ~ Brave Bird

Team Chief Zackrai
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes (Genderless)
Attacks Used: Light Screen / Flash ~ Light Screen / Flash ~ Psybeam

Round 4 Begin!

This round is destined to be a very short one - in fact, almost nothing is going to happen, since Arylett Dawnsborough recalls her Pokémon immediately, throwing another forward to send out a Pidgey. It streches its wings out and looks around, and that's the end of the round. The referee looks on in boredom.

Round 4 End!

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pidgey
Flarrai (Female)
Ability: Keen Eye
Health: 100%
Energy: 100%
Attacks Used: Switch (Flarrai)

In reserve
Ani263MS.png

Alterra (Female)

Team Chief Zackrai
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes (Genderless)
Status: That was uneventful. Also, sparkly. Defense +1, Special Defense +2, Attack -1.
Attacks Used: Nothing

- No actions taken.

Notes
- Sorry Meowth. You snooze, you lose.
- It feels kind of wierd that I can claim money for this little effort, but still: whoo money for very little effort!

Arena Notes

Next Round
- Chief Zackrai Attacks
- I ref

3-vs-3 single

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Zigzagoon
Alterra (Female)
Commands: Double Team (4 clones) ~ Brave Bird ~ Brave Bird

Team Chief Zackrai
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes (Genderless)
Commands: Light Screen / Flash ~ Light Screen / Flash ~ Psybeam

Round 5 Begin!

The new battler is very marginally first to move, and begins flying round in circles; she increases in speed until she is a mere motion blur, and then slows down and stops, though now with four identical Pidgey behind her. Or in front of her? It's impossible to tell which is the real one, and in fact this is precisely what she is counting on - Bes is generating light in a very small orb, which it suddenly causes to explode outwards. The field is flooded with light, but Flarrai is protected by one of the clones, which conveniently screens the light enough that it doesn't blind her. The clone itself, which leaps backwards in shock - straight through the real one - vanishes, but Bes is unable to see this, momentarily blinded as it is by its own attack.

Now that both Pokémon can see clearly, the now-four Pidgey fly slowly into the air, then suddenly glow with identical, brownish-red auras, then fly at incredible speed towards Bes. It throws up its arms in a futile attempt to shield itself, and the Pidgey strike; the energy-aura burns both Pokémon, but with the added force of the impace, Bes is considerably the worse off. As the Pidgey retreat, it charges up a ball of pale-blue energy, which quickly glows; a thin beam fires from the front, striking a clone and going straight through. The clone flickers and vanishes.

In an exact repetition of the previous round - sans one clone - Flarrai charges at Bes, cloaked in the same aura, and collides; as she retreats, Bes fires another pencil-thin Ice Beam at them, which disintegrates another clone. Bes stares at the now-two Pidgey with a sense of wasted effort as the round ends.

Round 5 End!

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pidgey
Flarrai (Female)
Energy: 78%
Attacks Used: Double Team ~ Brave Bird ~ Brave Bird

In reserve
Ani263MS.png

Alterra (Female)

Team Chief Zackrai
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes (Genderless)
Health: 68%
Energy: 35%
Status: Stupid not-sparkly clones! Defense +1, Special Defense +2, Attack -1.
Attacks Used: Flash ~ Ice Beam ~ Ice Beam

Double Team - 6% energy
Flash - 3% energy (missed)
Brave Bird - 12% damage, 4% recoil damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 53, needed 90 or above to miss)
Ice Beam - 8% energy (missed)
Brave Bird - Brave Bird - 12% damage, 4% recoil damage, 8% energy (accuracy roll 47, needed 90 or above to miss)
Ice Beam - 8% energy (accuracy roll 63, needed 100 to miss)

Notes
- Ahahahahaha Pidgey is one point faster than Baltoy
- It is difficult to describe Double Team blocking Flash. Even more difficult is describing Flash as destroying a clone.

Arena Notes

Next Round
- Chief Zackrai Attacks
- I ref

Grr... Bes you have little Energy left...

How about just standing still until she attacks. when it happens, use Explosion.

Stand Still/Explosion~Stand Still/Explosion~Sit Still/Explosion

3-vs-3 single

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pidgey
Flarrai (Female)
Energy: 78%
Commands: Chill ~ Double Team (3 Clones) ~ Protect

In reserve
Ani263MS.png

Alterra (Female)

Team Chief Zackrai
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes (Genderless)
Health: 68%
Energy: 35%
Status: Stupid not-sparkly clones! Defense +1, Special Defense +2, Attack -1.
Commands: Stand Still / Explosion ~ Stand Still / Explosion ~ Stand Still / Explosion

Round 6 Begin!

For the first few minutes of this round, very little happens: Flarrai and her clone are resting, head under wing, to allow her natural healing processes to work, restoring her energy in a slow but noticable process; Bes is floating absolutely still, watching and waiting.

Suddenly, though, Flarrai pulls her head out and the round gains momentum. She flares her wings out, then takes to the air and rushes around at high speed, becoming a motion blur before slowing down to reveal three new duplicates in addition to her original one. Bes, seeing that she has performed an attack, focusses all of its life-energy into its final, devastating attack. It glows very brightly, and for a few tense seconds nothing happens.

Then the explosion.

The life-energy that Bes had been preparing explodes outwards in a massive, firey blast, entirely obscuring both trainers' view of the field; it takes a significant time before even slight visibility is restored, revealing that the room is in chaos. Bes is in many small pieces scattered around the battlefield (Chief Zackrai nearly goes into convulsions on seeing this) and there is a massive, smoking crater underneath the rough area where he had once floated. The cracks from the earlier Earthquake have been substantially widened and some sections of the floor are tilted or lifted ouit of place. Most of the once-white floor has been blackened and scorched, there are little fires everywhere, and Flarrai herself is also partially on fire. Frantically flapping, she manages to extinguish her feathers, leaving her charred in places; she looks around to see that, as she expected, her clones have vanished.

In a panic now, Chief Zackrai recalls the chunks of dried mud that used to be Bel - though he was only aiming the beam at one chunk, all of them dissolve into red energy and return to the Pokéball. He reassures himself that if the Pokéball beam is still functioning, then Bel must still be alive; indeed, a very slight psychic energy was holding the pieces in relationships with one another, keeping it alive, albeit incapacitated and in intense pain; when the pieces returned to energy form, they were re-assembled into a badly injured Baltoy inside the Pokéball - after a few days of intensive healing, he will be fine and ready for battle once more. Zackrai pulls another Pokéball off his belt and prepares to send out his next Pokémon.

Round 6 End!

1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Pidgey
Flarrai (Female)
Health: 57%
Energy: 83%
Attacks Used: Chill ~ Double Team (3 Clones)

In reserve
Ani263MS.png

Alterra (Female)

Team Chief Zackrai
xpqo.jpg
1imko5.jpg
1imko5.jpg

Spr_5b_343_s.png

Bes (Genderless)
Health: 0%
Energy: 24%
Attacks Used: Stand Still ~ Explosion

Chill - restored 10% energy (Flarrai)
Double Team - 5% energy
Explosion - 48% damage, 11% energy

Notes
- Explosion is a widespread attack, so it wiped out the clones.
- I'm sure I missed something... eh, probably nothing.
- Also this is the last round that I'll be reffing, most likely; Meowth will be back from here on out.

Arena Notes
- The floor is cracked from the Earthquake; these cracks have been worsened by the Explosion. Several pieces of ground have been dislodged at least partially from their places.
- There is a very large, black, smoking crater underneath where Bes used to be.
- Somehow, portions of the absolutely blank white floor are on fire, though hopefully it should go out soon.

Next Round
- Chief Zackrai sends out
- Chief Zackrai Attacks
- I ref

You like Brave Bird, don't you, Miss Dwansborough?

Start things romantically with a nice Stone Edge, then meet poison with poison by using Sludge Bomb. Finally, when she decided to divebomb you, stand your ground and meet it with Brick Break.
Stone Edge~Sludge Bomb~Brick Break

As the charred remnants of Bes disappear back into their Pokéball, the emergency referee disappears as well, to accommodate the return of the procrastinating absentee she replaced. Bes' absence is soon filled as well as Chief Zackrai sends out Ptah the Gliar. The batscorpion takes in his surroundings, rather startled by the state of the arena, littered with cracks and with a quite deep, steaming crater just underneath the spot where he hovers. As Flarrai frantically hopes this thing isn't somehow also explosive, the referee calls a start to the next round.

=ROUND 7=

pidgey
Flarrai (F)
Health: 57% | Energy: 83%
Attract/Foresight ~ Toxic ~ Brave Bird/Attract

In reserve:
[Alterra] Zigzagoon (F)
Status: frozen (moderate), badly poisoned (2% damage, 3% next round); pickup: $3

Chief Zackrai (ƟƟƟ)
gligar
Ptah (M)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Item: Razor Fang
Status: "I was told this arena was boring. There have clearly been explosions here."
Stone Edge ~ Sludge Bomb ~ Brick Break

While surveying the destruction in utter horror, Ptah realises he can most probably use all the shards of shattered rock to his advantage. He uses his Ground affinity to will the shards into the air, then sends them shooting across the room in volleys at Flarrai. Seeing the stony darts of death rushing towards her, Flarria frantically spreads her wings to dart out of the way, but before she can get out a single flap a stony blade slices into her wing, and as she recoils in pain, the rest slam into her body. The feathery pincushion crashes to the floor with a caw of agony. Seething with anger and pain (mostly pain), she forces herself to her talons and quickly plucks out all the rock shards with her beak. As she prepares to strike back, her anger is only exacerbated as she remembers her commands for that action: Attract. Attract? How can she possibly pretend she fancies that thing? I mean, look at its stupid face! With a growl of annoyance, she decides her trainer probably knows best, and flutters over to Ptah to try to win his heart. The Gligar backs away at first, expecting a counterattack, but Flarrai hops up to him with a seemingly friendly demeanour, and he lowers his guard. Flarrai begins telling him through gritted beak how strong and handsome he is, albeit not much of a gentleman, shanking innocent young ladies like herself. After another barrage of secretly-insincere compliments, Ptah begins to wonder if Flarrai is that bad after all. Satisfied her job is done, Flarrai tries to blow Ptah a kiss, realises she can't because she doesn't have lips, and returns to her own end of the field.

Tearing his eyes away from his opponent/crush, Ptah suddenly remembers he's in a battle. Frantically, he tries to remember what he was told to do... Sludge Bomb? What, and ruin Flarrai's beautiful plumage? Her beautifully ruffled, shiny feathers are just too gorgeous to spoil by throwing gunk all over them. Flarrai, clearly, doesn't reciprocate Ptah's consideration. She swoops to Ptah's end of the room, purple sludge drooling from her tightly-closed beak, and spits the thick, slimy mess right onto the Gligar's head. The sticky, corrosive ooze runs all over Ptah's body, burning through his exoskeleton as he desperately tries to wipe it off and into the soft, vulnerable body that lies underneath. Despite his best efforts to clear off the slime, it still manages to make its way into his bloodstream.

Pushing the last of the gunk off himself, Ptah turns to Flarrai, a hurt look in his eyes. Why would she do something so disgusting and hurtful to him? Then again, his decision not to spit gunk at her was just something he decided in his head. He never actually agreed with her that goop-spitting wasn't cool in this relationship. Suddenly, before you can say "that's what he said", Flarrai comes screaming down from the sky (or ceiling), surrounded in a bolt of bright-blue energy and headed straight for Ptah. The Gligar has no time at all to react as the plummeting bird smashes right into him at high velocity, knocking them both into the ground at intense speed. A somewhat stunned Ptah comes to his senses to find himself in a small furrow in the ground, a dazed and weakened Flarrai wrapped in his arms. Horrified, he immediately sets about fixing any obvious serious wounds she may have sustained in the crash landing, not even considering why she might have been dive-bombing him in the first place; probably a beautiful flight demonstration she put on for him gone horribly wrong, he reasons. His worry puts all memory of commands or battling out of his mind, and he barely even feels the poisonous goo working its way round his veins as it sets about making his life miserable.

pidgey
Flarrai (F)
Health: 39% | Energy: 67%
Attract ~ Toxic ~ Brave Bird

In reserve:
[Alterra] Zigzagoon (F)
Health: 76% | Energy: 61%
Status: frozen (moderate), badly poisoned (2% damage, 3% next round); pickup: $3

Chief Zackrai (ƟƟƟ)
gligar
Ptah (M)
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Item: Razor Fang
Health: 85% | Energy: 92%
Status: tending worriedly to Flarrai's wounds. Attracted (severe), badly poisoned (1% damage, 2% next round).
Stone Edge ~ [attracted] ~ [attracted]

=REFEREE'S NOTES=
~ OHAI I'M BACK i'll be a proper ref now honest i can chaaaange
~ Ptah was fully attracted on the second and third actions.

=TURN ORDER=
~ Zackrai attacks
~ Arylett attacks

Really Ptah? I thought I could rely on you.

Ah, well. Try Sludge Bomb again, then use Rock Polish, to speed you up. End with False Swipe

Sludge Bomb~Rock Polish~False Swipe

Back
Top Bottom