• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Lazy Man's Emporium

Chief Zackrai

pingpong wixard
The Lazy Man's Emporium is a quaint little kiosk just outside the Pokemon Registration Office. Adorned on the front of our little hut is one of those fancy fluorescent "Open" signs, flashing in a seductive and tantalizing manner. Near the desk is a Croagunk, who looks so incredibly lost it could very well be criminal, and a Grimer that looks like he came from the past. Behind the desk, however, is a curly-haired individual who appears to be their trainer, ready to take requests.
"Welcome," he says.

---​

Naming ($3/$1): All you need to do is tell me if you want the name to be ironic, serious, or of any other genre you cam think of, along with the pokemon's species and gender (we don't want any Tauros walking around with the name Betty, do we?). Our experts (i.e. me) will generate a list of possible names (5-10) for yo to choose from. $2 more for an extensive list (11-20 names) Or, if you don't find one you like, I can get more for the same price increase.

Signature Attribute writing ($7/$3): All you need to do is give me a brief description of what you would like the attribute to do, along with your pokemon's species (and name of pokemon/attribute if applicable). Any other specifics that you find to be important would be nice as well. Give me about a week (I never expect I will take that long, but I'm unpredictable) before yelling at me, if you would. Any re-writings you request will cost an additional $1. (unless one of those approving tells you you need to work on it, and I wrote it initially- that will be free)

Signature Move writing ($10/$5): The only thing I require is your pokemon's name, the name of the move (if you've already decided), the type of move (damaging or status), and a brief description of your expectations. Any other specifics that you find to be important would be nice as well. Give me about a week (I never expect I will take that long, but I'm unpredictable) before yelling at me, if you would. Any re-writings you request will cost an additional $1. (unless one of those approving tells you you need to work on it, and I wrote it initially- that will be free)

Signature Attribute/Move Modification ($4/$2): Have a Signature Attribute or Signature Move that just isn't getting approved, and you're getting tired of fixing it, or can't think of how to fix it? No problem! Just post what you already have, and what the person who rejected it found to be wrong with it, and I'll fix the problems for you!

Last edited:
One signature move for my gastly, Mort, that involves raising the dead somehow for a period of a round or two. I suppose what I'm thinking of would be considered status, but it really depends on what you come up with. It should be called 'Thriller Night' unless you come up with something better!

Oh, and an attribute for my swablu, Quaza, that concerns her wanting to be a rayquaza, perhaps some slight modifications to her movepool and flight mechanics.

For reference, this is her:
iaza14524751980300.gif
iaza14524736160900.gif
iaza14524747012600.gif

This is really cool, since I've been trying to figure out these two for a while now and can't get it right! That should come to around seventeen dolores...

One signature move for my gastly, Mort, that involves raising the dead somehow for a period of a round or two. I suppose what I'm thinking of would be considered status, but it really depends on what you come up with. It should be called 'Thriller Night' unless you come up with something better!

... that's very strange. What if he just summoned some other ghostly pals (i.e. other ghost pokemon-not necessarily gastlys)? I could make that work.

Oh, and an attribute for my swablu, Quaza, that concerns her wanting to be a rayquaza, perhaps some slight modifications to her movepool and flight mechanics.

iaza14524751980300.gif
iaza14524736160900.gif
iaza14524747012600.gif

This is really cool, since I've been trying to figure out these two for a while now and can't get it right! That should come to around seventeen dolores...

I could do that. give me a few days, it might actually be here later.

iaza14524751980300.gif
iaza14524736160900.gif
iaza14524747012600.gif

This is what I've got thus far. Tell me if you want any alterations.

Pokemon: Quaza

Signature Attribute: Raquazic Envy
She knows she’s a Swablu, but Quaza desires to be a Raquaza, rather badly. She has ever since her hatching, when Rayquaza flew over her and her mother. Along with painting her body to match the sky Pokemon’s, Quaza has been working on levitation. Reaching a point where she can almost do it, Quaza has become an inherently flying pokemon. Whilst training to become more like her idol, Quaza has managed to teach herself to use Ancient Power, Extreme Speed, and Surf. However, to use these moves, Quaza expends twice the energy as normal.

Effects: Quaza is treated an inherently flying pokemon; she gains the use of Ancient Power, Extreme Speed, and Surf at twice the energy cost.

I was actually thinking (should have mentioned this) something along the lines of zombies, but whatever you think is better.

Thanks!

Nyeh... zombies? ... how would that work? I find summoning ghost pokemon seems far more plausible.

Last edited:
I love it, actually! I would prefer a move more rayquazaish than Surf, but other than that it looks great.

EDIT: Oh, I guess just by reanimating existing skeletons/corpses? I dunno, if the ghost thing seems more plausible than go ahead.

I could do hyper Voice intstead of Surf, but keep this in mind: Surf get better coverage and has more power, but to probably a much lesser extent, changing it will cost you another dollar.

And for Mort's move: I actually have most of it typed up. It's going to be good. Trust me.

Edit: I've got it, I think.

Pokemon: Mort
Signature Move: Thriller Night

Mort is very in tune with other ghost-typed pokemon, and is from their plane of existence directly. This being so, he can summon minions and other apparitions from their dimension by doing a song and dance. Thriller by Michael Jackson, to be precise. By using varying amounts of his remaining energy, Mort can summon different pokemon that act on their own free will for two rounds before disappearing. Any amount of ghosts can be summoned; the only restriction is the usage of energy cannot exceed 80%. However, the more powerful the pokemon summoned, the less can be summoned, and the more powerful pokemon will be more cooperative after Mort is evolved. These are wild pokemon, and therefore take no heed to Mort’s Trainer’s commands. For the time the other ghosts are present, Mort must be dancing.

Ghost/Special/0%/100%/Self/varying 5%-80%/2 rounds

Effects: Mort sings and dances Thriller, and summons one or more of the following pokemon using his energy:
5% each- Shuppet, Gastly, Shedinja, Drifloon, Duskull, or Misdreavous
10% each- Banette, Haunter, Dusclops, Sableye, or Rotom
40% each- Dusknoir, Gengar, Frosslass, Mismagius, or Drifblim
80% - Giratina
Pokemon like Giratina and those of the third tier (40% energy required) will be less cooperative the less evolved Mort is. This implies the pokemon summoned will be more prone to chill, or not attack the opponent. The pokemon summoned do not listen to Mort’s trainer; and Mort cannot act while they are present, as he must be dancing.

Usage Gap: once per battle

Last edited:

iaza14524751980300.gif
iaza14524736160900.gif
iaza14524747012600.gif

This is what I've got thus far. Tell me if you want any alterations.

Pokemon: Quaza

Signature Attribute: Raquazic Envy
She knows she’s a Swablu, but Quaza desires to be a Raquaza, rather badly. She has ever since her hatching, when Rayquaza flew over her and her mother. Along with painting her body to match the sky Pokemon’s, Quaza has been working on levitation. Reaching a point where she can almost do it, Quaza has become an inherently flying pokemon. Whilst training to become more like her idol, Quaza has managed to teach herself to use Ancient Power, Extreme Speed, and Hyper Voice. However, to use these moves, Quaza expends twice the energy as normal.

Effects: Quaza is treated an inherently flying pokemon; she gains the use of Ancient Power, Extreme Speed, and Hyper Voice at twice the energy cost.

Done!

I love it, actually! I would prefer a move more rayquazaish than Surf, but other than that it looks great.

EDIT: Oh, I guess just by reanimating existing skeletons/corpses? I dunno, if the ghost thing seems more plausible than go ahead.
He could raise Skelitten. They're skeletal and ghostly

Would you consider buying signature attributes/moves? That would basically mean someone posts it, you buy it, put it in the first post, and then people can buy an already-created move/attribute from a list. Specifics would have to be worked out by you, and people who already know each other would probably do it unofficially with the Black Market, but it could be useful for people with an excess of ideas or to connect total strangers. Your mind isn't the only one to come up with these, after all didn't Negrek have something, as demonstrated by some people volunteering in the approval thread.

You're ... not exactly rich at the moment, so it might be difficult to work out - though you could have a bartering system of sorts, i.e. "you post a decent sig move and I'll give you one in return", but it's something to consider because Negrek did it.

I believe that would mean no overhead because it's covered by what you pay the person who came up with the idea, and to make it feasible you'd probably only price it $1-3 higher than what you bought it for, but since you won't actually be coming up with things, it's probably worth it for you.

Pfft I might look into the above if you'll hire me. I have many ideas for sig moves they just dont fit my team.

Pfft I might look into the above if you'll hire me. I have many ideas for sig moves they just dont fit my team.

that's why I opened the shop. I might do interning, but right now I don't think I have the business flow for it to be practical. In the meantime, people should order stuff.

Also: I might consider buying pre-made moves/attributes, but like you said I probably don't currently have the funds for it.

Is it possible to uh, window-shop? That is, to ask for possible sig moves/attributes for a pokemon without guaranteeing we'll buy it?

If so, see what you can come up with for [Niska] gastly (m), [Mal] elekid (m), [Doakes] ekans (m), and/or [Zerzin] magnemite (x) in regards to attributes - they have existing sig moves (except for Doakes because his is written for a fully evolved mon and would be too difficult to downgrade bla bla) see here so if you want them to be connected to those, that'd be cool. Come up with whatever you can, for whoever you can, yup!

Also, [Pedesi] togepi (m) and [Muzencab] beedrill (M) need sig moves but have attributes, preferably something related to their existing attributes. So, if you have something for them, that'd be cool as well. Again, since I'm not promising to buy them, just come up with what you can.

well, one for Muzencab popped right up for me.

pokemon: Muzencab
Signature Move: No Illusions

Already able to completely absorb his surroundings, Muzencab decided to take it up a notch. He used his Hyper Awareness to learn to see through all move-related illusions, for short periods. Now Muzencab can see through moves like Double Team, and can bypass Substitute. Eventually, he was also able to tune into these powers while asleep, negating Nightmare.

Psychic / Stats / Base Damage 0% / 100% / Self / 10% / 5 rounds

Effects: Double Team, while still producing clones, does not make it any less likely Muzencab will hit the opponent, and Substitute does not take damage the Pokemon that summoned it. If Muzencab is asleep while the effects of this move are still active, Nightmare does no damage, as Muzencab is not fooled by the false dream.

I always seem to leave these feeling like there should be more...

EDIT: thought of something for Mal. Not really sure how applicable it is.

Pokemon: Mal
Signature Attribute: Innate Curiosity (could be a name change)

Due to Mal's obsession with electricity in general, he has dedicated himself to learning all electric moves. When Mal sees an electric move performed that he himself cannot already do, he takes two rounds to figure it out. While he is trying to figure out the move, Mal can perform simple commands like dodge and chill, but he cannot perform any actual moves. After these two rounds, Mal is ready to try his new trick.

Effects: Mal can learn any electric move not already in his repertoire after two rounds from seeing it, for one battle only. He can use this move for the remainder of the battle, but for no longer after that.
Moves affected:
Charge
Magnet Rise
Spark
Thunder Fang
Volt Tackle
Zap Cannon

that one is lacking, probably.

Last edited:
Hm. No Illusions seems more like a sig attribute. And mostly useful just for the substitute thing, but even that isn't very useful since the substitute would have to be killed eventually anyhow.

Elekid learn magnet rise naturally. I don't really feel he's lacking in electric moves, honestly. :\

If it helps, Muzencab is based on the tenth doctor (from Doctor Who); Mal and Niska are based on the characters of the same name from Firefly; and Doakes is based on Doakes from Dexter. I don't know if you've seen any of those shows, but.

Hm. No Illusions seems more like a sig attribute.

you know, I was actually kind of thinking the same thing when I wrote it.

Elekid learn magnet rise naturally. I don't really feel he's lacking in electric moves, honestly. :\

If it helps, Muzencab is based on the tenth doctor (from Doctor Who); Mal and Niska are based on the characters of the same name from Firefly; and Doakes is based on Doakes from Dexter. I don't know if you've seen any of those shows, but.

I was unaware of that (dang it, veekun!)

I've seen a little bit of Doctor Who, and I would have understood what you meant with just "the tenth doctor"

but i'll look up the other characters and get back to that.

Back
Top Bottom