• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Lazy Man's Emporium

If I could window shop, I would likes my Bronzor [Standford] X Levitate to have a move that has something to do with opening a black hole and using it to attack

I don't know about that... sounds tricky, I mean, how would you stop everything to be sucked into the black hole? I mean, him performing this wouldn't be difficult, but the back story would be farfetch'd (yes I did that on purpose), and making balanced would be absolutely ridiculous.

Cool! (sorry for swooping in)

Signature Move: Gravitational Tear

It is fabled that shedinja contain the endless void itself in their backs; although at least somewhat disproven by science, there's definitely something in there. The clefairy family has a long-standing obsession with the moon. And bronzor have appeared in the art of dozens of unrelated cultures. How is this all connected? Aliens, obviously.

Or at least that was the logic of a group of star-addled human cultists who tried to breed the perfect poképortal, in order to view the "heart of the universe". Although the group doubtlessly failed, they left in their wake a series of unown, bronzor, shedinja, and clefable (among others) that were never really normal after the fact. Many of the young creatures, after being repurposed by the League, exhibited strange abilities such as antigravity or, in some cases, instinctive knowledge of astronomical forces. Standford, for example, can create black holes with its mind.

After a number of catastrophic accidents that were thankfully contained by League alakazam, Standford rapidly learned how to control itself (being a psychic, after all) and was issued to a new owner, under intense reconnaissance. However, despite the League's worst fears, nothing went wrong, even though they tentatively allowed the ability's use in sanctioned battles. The attack Wargle developed is really nowhere near as dangerous as the early meltdowns were; Standford simply focuses very very hard, shrinking a rock or similar object into a minuscule point. In a split second, the point invisibly and silently expands into a relatively tiny black hole. Although the hole is contained by its powerful psychic abilities, Standford allows the invisible hole in space to suck away the metaphysical elemental energies of his opponent. The process is intensely painful, the energy's rapid departure causing skin abrasions, but it ends quickly.

Psychic / Physical / 7% / 100% / Single Opponent / 10% /

Effects: Standford focuses intensely on a single point in space, psychically compacting an object into a shielded, nearly-invisible black hole that absorbs the surrounding light. The attack rips the main elemental energy from the target, draining 7% energy from the opponent into the void. Furthermore, as the energy is rent from the body it causes physical damage as well.

Usage Gap: Four Rounds

Alright?

It doesn't look like it has any drawbacks for quite a powerful move

/pop in randomly

Oh but it is not my Opinion that matters. It is an approver's.

But I'll wait till the new system is up.

BUMPDATE.

We're still open.

Pathos, would you still like for me to draft for you? Otherwise interning is a possibility; and people should just shop in general.

I would like my Scraggy to have a sig Attribute called Badassery that involves him being a total badass, wearing sunglasses((this affects nothing) and everyone respecting him.

7 moonies to you

I would like my Scraggy to have a sig Attribute called Badassery that involves him being a total badass, wearing sunglasses((this affects nothing) and everyone respecting him.

7 moonies to you

I'm going to be finishing this by later today.

Wargle, I tried. I really did.

-----------
Scraggy
Scraggy (M)
Signature Attribute: Badassery
Now, ever since this Scraggy was born, he had been part of a gang. No. Scratch that, he had been in the gang since before he was born. His parents were the alpha-Pokémon of a rough and tough gang of Castelia City, filled with Purrloin, Scraggy, and many other shady Unova-native 'mons. The gang was constantly engaged in fights with other Pokémon and humans alike; the trademark of this group was that they all stole and wore blackout sunglasses, and that their fighting style was somewhat... unconventional. This gangsta group has long separated, but throughout Unova, Sinnoh, and even to the far reaches of Asber, the gang has been remembered as a fearsome, pushy group. Scraggy may have left the group behind long ago, but he refuses to forget the memories. He still wears his sunglasses continually, and owns a seemingly unending supply of them. One gets destroyed? Big deal. He can go back and get another one from his gigantic box.

Scraggy fights with a stick. Or any other things he finds among the battlefield; gangster living has made him resourceful. Sticks, iron bars, rocks, pieces of a glacier. He will fight with those. The gang used a style of fighting that entailed grabbing anything around him, and then fighting voraciously with the item. Scraggy grew up fighting hard and fast, item or no item, but not in the interest of conserving energy; all physical attacks gain power while losing more energy than average. But Scraggy doesn't care. It's his gang so back off >:(.

Effects: All Pokémon that Scraggy battles against lose some defense, in a manner identical to Intimidate (that gang was unbelievably scary!). All physical attacks that Scraggy uses deal 0.2 more damage, but at the cost of one third as much energy, rounded up.

First Sig Attribute ever, so I'm absolutely sure this will need correcting. Also, I'm having a brain fart as to how I can elaborate or extend the backstory. And I wanted to add Dark type, but I figured I'll add that in upon evolution, along with an extra move or two =x

FreddyKruegerPsyduckTransparent.gif

[Kyofu No Ahiru] Psyduck (M)
Ability: Cloud Nine

Signature Attribute: Freddy Krueger

Kyofu No Ahiru was once attacked by the original menace when he was only a baby Psyduck. Hiru had been dreaming a sweet, innocent dream as babies do, when he was assaulted. Freddy Krueger appeared in his dream but this little Psyduck wouldn't have any of that! He fought back and miraculously managed to take down the murderer.

But Freddy Krueger does not rest so easily. While his body may have been mauled by a duckling, his spirit lived on - and possessed that baby. As a result, Hiru now fills the role of Freddy Krueger. He now has a burned face, incredibly long claws on one hand (his left, unlike the original, whose claws were on the right), and the ability to affect opponents' sleep.

Effects: As a result of Hiru's scarring, his face has no resistance to Fire-type moves. His vicious claws increase the base power of any move that utilizes them by 20. The accuracy of his Hypnosis is now 100% instead of 60%, and he has the ability Intimidate instead of Cloud Nine. His Sleep Talk can only ever roll an offensive move. He also gains the move Slash but loses Refresh, Calm Mind, Psych Up, Attract, and Captivate.

Also, if I wanted to make Intimidate his ability in addition to any others upon evolution instead of replacing his natural ability, I could do that right?

Is this based on on any particular Freddy movie? I'm probably going to have re-watch the lot again. The backstory could use a bit of work to be honest, it'd probably help if you made it more relevant to Pokémon. As it is, it just seems really sparse and doesn't lend itself well to the Pokémon you chose. The hypnosis boost is a bit too powerful too, I'd settle with increasing its accuracy a bit for now.

Revision please? =x I really want this on Psyduck because for one thing, he has both claws and access to Hypnosis and for another thing (my main reason), it would just amuse me to have a cruel, clawed Psyduck when Misty's famous Psyduck is so dopey =x

I was thinking of making the Hypnosis accuracy boost 80% so, upon evolution, it could be 100%. It's not based on any specific Freddy movie, but the character himself, and his abilities. I was also thinking along the lines that the Freddy mentioned could be a Pokémon version (perhaps a Freddy/Darkrai?), but only if that would make more sense than the actual Freddy. And as for the reason that the whole thing happened and Hiru was possessed or whatever, he was trying to master his Hypnosis or something...? Oh, and I'm assuming Bad Dreams would be off-limits, so I was planning on adding Nightmare as another move upon evolution. Do you think that would work?

I need to be studying for three midterm exams and one quarterly assessment =,(
I give $4 after you write it up, correct? =x

I would like a signature move, please. $5. You can decide the name. It's for Creeper, my Spiritomb. It is damaging and involves psychic energy being used on the enemy. Along with some very mystical shadows....
spiritomb
Anyways, do I have to make a bank post?

yes. If you're giving me money, you need to post it in the back, and I can collect it after I complete the transaction.

Man, I need to get to these things... I'll try to tomorrow or later today. I swear.

EDIT: Speaking of which, here's Mai's now:

[Rael]
325.png
(M)
Ability: Thick fat
Signature Attribute: Dancer (Or: Being a Completely Typical Example of the Species in the Wild Why Doesn't Asber Respect the Spoinkish Customs)

As most who browse the Pokedex and are too naive to realize most of the information there is fake know, spoink in general love to bounce. They have to, after all (at the least ones that have not lost the trait after generations and generations of battling); spoink hearts are very weak, generally, pained by the task of supplying their relatively large body with blood. Most of the species are born extremely weak, and the mother/father of the newly hatched pokemon have to support their child psychically until they are able to handle the process of continually jumping up and down to make their hearts beat. Due to their constant exertion of effort, many spoink would be considered very fit if not for the organ that was making them fit in the first place. Their hearts inhibit their body, and make more doing than the tedious task of keeping it going quite difficult. Spoink have to learn to use and strain their psychic capabilities from the very beginning. A small spoink usually has about the raw physical power of a caterpie or a weedle at best, and it often shows. Still, their inflated brains and head help compensate, and by the time spoink evolve (amazing, most do) they become extremely lively fellows; their weak heart grows strong with evolution and finally their minds and body can shine.

Their bouncing evolves into a lively, jovial dancing almost immediately once they reach a stage when their bodies can handle it; they leap with joy and spin around and generally have great fun when not defeating opponents with their constant, reliable psychic powers. They dance to determine mates, and they dance to celebrate; almost every occasion is one worthy of a jig in their opinion. Dancing has been incorparated into techniques known only by the grumpig and a select few who are close to them, moves that seem to resemble human waltzes or ballets.

Rael is one of the unlucky spoink who was born with a heavy, almost useless heart; however, he was also one of the very fortunate ones who got an "upgrade" of it when caught (luckily Mai was able to afford heart surgery with magical reffing powers). While not quite ready to do dances usually reserved for grumpig (and all the other dances known by pokemon), he's practiced hard and knows quite a few new techniques. However, sometimes the execution of a particularly powerful physical attack or impressive dance move makes him giddy; after getting so excited he simply dances and dances, wasting time and energy. After doing so, he becomes tired and feels much less capable of performing physically for a round or two.

Effects: Rael gains the following moves to his movepool; swords dance, rapid spin, teeter dance.

After landing a critical hit with any physical move or dealing over 12% damage with a physical move, Rael becomes overly excited and spends an extra unnecessary 3% energy per action (this does not affect chilling or other moves that would normally restore energy) for three actions. After Rael performs one of his new moves, there is a 30% chance of the same affects occurring, and it will happen if he gets affected by an encore. After the three actions are over, he becomes tired and has -1 attack and -1 speed for three actions.

---

So what I did was take away Feather Dance and Agility (Feather Dance wouldn't make any sense and Agility isn't really a dance imo) Then, I added the little part in the effects section about there being a chance of him becoming excited after he performs his new moves, along with the fact it will happen if he gets encore'd right afterward. I did this because you touched upon it happening even if he doesn't deal damage in the backstory, but it never did anything in the end.

see if that'll work.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom