• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, we have our first referee candidate, Eifie, looking for a mock battle, here. I'll be taking the referee role on this one for purposes of demonstration, so we just need one other player. Someone who hasn't had a battle reffed yet is preferred, but if nobody matching that description doesn't show up within two days, it'll be open to anybody. Rules:

2vs2 Single
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: None
Terrain: ASB Central Stadium

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. From here, pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose. If a player chooses to create team for the purpose of this battle, they must PM it to the candidate referee after accepting the challenge.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for either participant.

I never did get round to having a battle, with my old team or this one.
I'll take?

For Squornshellous Beta:

5vs5 single
Style: Single
DQ: Standard week
Damage Cap: Non-existent
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing.
Arena: The Glass Cage

This battle takes place in, you guessed it, a huge glass cage, inexplicably suspended in the air. The cage itself is reinforced with some phlebotinum so that it is totally unbreakable. The size of the cage is monstrous:a perfect 100m by 100m cube. The floor of the class cage is filled with ten meters of earth, for the use of Ground type moves, and dug into the earth's perimeter is carved a well-sized moat, filled with water, in which even the largest of Pokémon can fit.

For Squornshellous Beta:

5vs5 single
Style: Set
Damage Cap: Non-existent
Banned Moves: OHKO's, direct healing.
Arena: The Glass Cage

This battle takes place in, you guessed it, a huge glass cage, inexplicably suspended in the air. The cage itself is reinforced with some phlebotinum so that it is totally unbreakable. The size of the cage is monstrous:a perfect 100m by 100m cube. The floor of the class cage is filled with ten meters of earth, for the use of Ground type moves, and dug into the earth's perimeter is carved a well-sized moat, filled with water, in which even the largest of Pokémon can fit.

Bring it on.

Last edited:
I throw out my pants challenge!

2 vs. 2 Singles
Disqualification: 7 days
Restrictions: No OHKOs. Only basic/baby stage Pokemon allowed.
Damage Cap: 35%
Arena: Castelia City Park
Description: Castelia City is the hub of the Unova region, and the park in its centre is a spot of relative calm and tranquility. At least, it usually is. Today, two trainers duke it out in front of the huge fountain (large enough to account for many water type attacks) while a baying crowd urges them on. Clusters of people at each exit from the plaza block any terrestrial exit - the only thing stopping you from flying away is the knowledge that doing so is an extreme dick move.

---

Yes, I like using basics, so sue me!

If I'm not mistaken this one seems a bit forgotten, just a heads up.

Right, so out of boredom I'll trow a challange, and I'm quite sure a certain someone would like this one.

2v2 single
DQ: 5 days
Damage cap: 30%
Banned moves: OHKOs, direct healing limited to two per pokemon, Protect/Detect, Perish song, Explosion and alike.
Arena: The giant Cheese.

Some madman got the brilliant idea to create the biggest cheese in the world, it measures 40x75x20 (width x length x height) meters and has a big hollowed out cave in the middle, created just for the purpose of battling as it was stolen and placed on a meadow in ASB. The cave is medium sized, a snorlax could easily fit there, though it would have some problems moving around, it has multiple holes and tunnels which can be freely used by any small pokemon. There are some manmade puddles for water types, though bigger things like Feraligatr won't fit in them. Some of the holes let in some light, but no weather is in effect. Fire attacks can be used to melt the cheese, possibly creating a hole. As an alternative to healing, pokemon may spend an action to take a bit of the cheese, healing 5% hp and 7% energy, however, there is a 10% chance that the cheese is old and molded, causing 5% poison-type damage instead. This sounds fun ^.^

I throw out my pants challenge!

2 vs. 2 Singles
Disqualification: 7 days
Restrictions: No OHKOs. Only basic/baby stage Pokemon allowed.
Arena: Castelia City Park
Description: Castelia City is the hub of the Unova region, and the park in its centre is a spot of relative calm and tranquility. At least, it usually is. Today, two trainers duke it out in front of the huge fountain (large enough to account for many water type attacks) while a baying crowd urges them on. Clusters of people at each exit from the plaza block any terrestrial exit - the only thing stopping you from flying away is the knowledge that doing so is an extreme dick move.

---

Yes, I like using basics, so sue me!
If I'm not mistaken this one seems a bit forgotten, just a heads up.

I'll be ditching this battle to keep my quota under three.

Sorry, mate :C

2vs2 double
DQ: 7 days
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO moves, Perish Song, direct healing
Field: Pokemon Stadium #2

A simple stadium with a hard packed dirt floor and a large pool of water forming a moat around it. The dirt only goes about three feet down before it hits concrete. The roof has been retracted for flying Pokemon to go wild, and it's slightly cloudy (treated as neutral weather). People sit in the bleachers around the stadium, waiting for a battle to begin.

A small machine has been set up in the corner of the stadium, which spews out a fine mist layer (about a centimeter thick) that almost completely covers the ground and surface of the water. All Pokemon that touch it immediately undergo a temporary evolution to their final stage, which lasts until they faint. So effectively, all Pokemon become their final stage for this battle. There's a high, raised platform for the trainers and referee to stand on so they won't be affected by the mist.

Other: No fully evolved or non-evolving Pokemon.

At Wargle's request, and probably against my better judgment, I'll go ahead and ref this. I don't think it's on the list of challenges even, but she says it was never picked up, so... it will be up in a minute.

Negrek, I dropped me vs. Steel Syther.
Just telling you because I have two ongoing.

2VS2 single
Style: Switch
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, no chills
Arena: Cerulean City Gym

Just like from the anime. Consists of a giant pool with a few rock like platforms to stand on. Only water Pokemon can swim, or any other type that might have swimming capabilities can swim. All others have a 20% chance of falling into the water upon receiving an attack. Results in 5 damage and the Pokemon will be set back on the platform.

All right, we have another potential referee here who needs a mock battle. This time Truetocheese is the one who'll be taking the reins, and we need an advanced or elite referee to do the feedback and another player to battle them, preferably someone who hasn't gotten to battle before. And the challenge info:

2vs2 Single

Although designed to be a state-of-the-art battling facility and located at the very heart of ASB Central's battle district, ASB Central Stadium actually sees very little use. Most battlers prefer the infinite variety of the holodrome's simulated arenas to the basic, if impressive, stadium field, and official tournaments tend to feature tours of other regions rather than a homefield brawl. There is one advantage to the stadium, though--its proximity to the holodrome grants it access to a full range of simulation options, allowing trainers to trick out their team to whatever extent they like before battling.

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

The prizes for this battle are $20 to the winner, $10 to the loser, and $15 to the referee. This battle does not fill a battle slot for either participant.

All right, we have another potential referee here who needs a mock battle. This time Truetocheese is the one who'll be taking the reins, and we need an advanced or elite referee to do the feedback and another player to battle them, preferably someone who hasn't gotten to battle before. And the challenge info:

2vs2 Single

There's nothing much to say about the battlefield: it's a large, rectangular arena covered in astroturf. A circular pool will open in its center if a pokémon requiring water to move around in is sent out. In this arena, pokémon can summon absolutely anything they need for their attacks: tidal waves, boulders, and so on are in ready supply.

Other: This battle takes place between a referee and one other member. The referee will use their own team of pokémon, but the other battler may choose either to use their own team OR choose any six nonlegendary pokémon with any items and abilities to use for this fight. In the former case, their pokémon gain experience as normal. In the latter case, they may choose to apply the experience earned by their rental pokémon, minus one point, to their team in any manner that they choose.

I'll be the tutor, then.

2VS2 single
Style: Switch
Banned Moves: OHKO's, no chills
Arena: Cerulean City Gym

Just like from the anime. Consists of a giant pool with a few rock like platforms to stand on. Only water Pokemon can swim, or any other type that might have swimming capabilities can swim. All others have a 20% chance of falling into the water upon receiving an attack. Results in 5 damage and the Pokemon will be set back on the platform.

All right, accepting! I led you to TCoD so it's only fair I get to fight you here with my actual team rather than the new team I have at the other League.

Psychonauts, anyone?

2vs2vs2 single
DQ: Five days
Banned Moves: OHKO, Weather changing, Teleport
Arena:Lungfishopolis

You know those cheesy kaiju movies? Where a giant monster runs rampant through a city? Well, it's about time for our Pokemon to live up to being called 'monsters'. Lungfishopolis is the mental landscape of a friendly, formerly brainwashed giant mutated lungfish named Linda. She's kindly offered to allow three pokemon trainers to have a battle in her mind. The city itself is on the bank of a comparatively large river and is split in two by a large dam, with a conveniently bouncy blimp placed so that it can be used as a trampoline on and over the dam. The lower river is only about knee deep, but the higher part is deep enough to completely submerge a decent-sized human while standing. Most buildings can be destroyed, but the larger buildings next to the deepest water are sturdy enough to be climbed.

Due to taking place in a city made for lungfish, humans are, well, quite large to say the least. With the power of taking place in a mind, all pokemon have been scaled to around this size as well, from joltik to wailord.

Other:
-Gravity is in effect for the whole battle to better replicate the original level :D (hence the blimp to aid in getting over the dam)
-Don't feel too bad about destroying all those buildings, the city has been evacuated and slated for demolition anyway.

2vs2 Single

I'll be taking this if I'm allowed.
TTC: Naah man, it's ok.

Psychonauts, anyone?

2vs2vs2 single
DQ: Five days
Banned Moves: OHKO, Weather changing, Teleport
Arena:Lungfishopolis

You know those cheesy kaiju movies? Where a giant monster runs rampant through a city? Well, it's about time for our Pokemon to live up to being called 'monsters'. Lungfishopolis is the mental landscape of a friendly, formerly brainwashed giant mutated lungfish named Linda. She's kindly offered to allow three pokemon trainers to have a battle in her mind. The city itself is on the bank of a comparatively large river and is split in two by a large dam, with a conveniently bouncy blimp placed so that it can be used as a trampoline on and over the dam. The lower river is only about knee deep, but the higher part is deep enough to completely submerge a decent-sized human while standing. Most buildings can be destroyed, but the larger buildings next to the deepest water are sturdy enough to be climbed.

Due to taking place in a city made for lungfish, humans are, well, quite large to say the least. With the power of taking place in a mind, all pokemon have been scaled to around this size as well, from joltik to wailord.

Other:
-Gravity is in effect for the whole battle to better replicate the original level :D (hence the blimp to aid in getting over the dam)
-Don't feel too bad about destroying all those buildings, the city has been evacuated and slated for demolition anyway.

Oh my god yes. I'll take this.

2vs2 Single

Nanabshuckle8 said:
I'll be taking this if I'm allowed.
TTC: Naah man, it's ok.

As soon as two days from the original time of posting are up, and it's left unclaimed by anyone who's never battled, I'll make the thread for Kusarigamaitachi Vs. Nanabshuckle8. Since one day is already up, I'll wait until tomorrow (05:34 AM GMT, 26th January, to be exact).

2vs2 Single

I have never been in a battle, so I'll take it.

Dropping my current open challenge for this.

3 vs 3 vs 3 Single
DQ: 1 week
Banned Moves: OHKOs, Weather Changing, Direct Healing = 2/Pokemon, Chills = 3/Pokemon

Arena: The Crossroads

Description: A typical crossroad, in the middle of a city at night, during an extreme storm, and during a power outage. The trainers and ref will be carrying a flashlight in order to illuminate the crossroads and their Pokemon. Obviously, Pokemon who have the illuminate ability or have a light source on their body will have that illuminated area without their trainers. At the start of each round, there is a 10% chance that lighting will strike nearby to the battlers and cause each Pokemon flinch.

Other: The weather cannot be changed; it will always stay as a strong storm. All moves and abilities that can be affected by weather will be treated as if the weather were rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom