• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Challenge Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
2vs2 Single
DQ: One week
Damage Cap: 40%
Banned Moves: One hit kills, 2 healing moves, 5 chills.
Terrain: The dream cloud

This large cloud is a very peculiar thing. It is able to hold any Pokemon, no matter what their weight is, and it also has the strange ability to allow a Pokemon's dreams to come true. This is expressed by allowing the Pokemon to have abilities that they have only dreamed of, allowing them to have their dream world abilities instead of their normal abilities. The Pokemon start out with the best of moods, making attacks based on a good mood to work at their best for the first round. Also, as the Pokemon will be fighting on a large happy cloud, no moves that require ripping the cloud apart are allowed, unless you want to find yourself falling to your doom, anyway.

Notes: All Pokemon will have their dream world abilities.
All Pokemon are in a good mood upon coming out of their balls.
If a move that can rip apart the cloud is used, all Pokemon will fall off. They will fall for three actions before fainting, and so will end in a tie if they both fall.

I've got a spot; I'll take you on, if you like.

1v1 single
dq: 6 days
cap: 30%
ban: no
arena: resonant insanity exister no.1

Set in a spacious and mostly empty burial vault, which seems a safe enough place to hold insane experiments.

Instead of sending out normally, participants select pokémon from their whole army and a list of 20 moves, which replace the selected pokémon's movepool, by PM.

The participants select all pokémon to be used before commands are given for round 1, by PM; the referee posts the selected pokémon and move lists after all sets are sent in. The battle then proceeds as if the selected pokémon were the active squad for the battle.

do the moves have to be from the pokemons own movepool or can it be any move? like i could choose a pssychic type pokemon and select splash as one of its moves? either way, accepted!

This be my first time posting a challenge, let's hope I did this right. e_e

1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 30%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Any moves that change abilities, such as Worry Seed.
Arena: Kishin Asura's Prison

Deep under the Death Weapon Meister Academy, more commonly known as the DWMA, rests a room which contains the master of madness, the Kishin Asura. The weak minded often fall victim to Asura's insanity, and often see horrific hallucinations and visions. After the attacks have been issued, there is a 10% chance that Asura's hallucinations will be too strong for the Pokemon, and have the same effect as hurting themselves in confusion for one attack. The room is rather dark, and wooden pillars are dotted across the seemingly endless wooden floor. With every step, the floor creaks, making silent approaches by Pokemon walking on legs (or arms) difficult, but possible, which. In the middle of the room, sits Asura's prison, a sack made of his own skin. For every attack made that deals damage, there is a 1% chance that Asura's sack will be struck. If Asura is awakened, the 10% increases to 25%, and the Pokemon's attacks are maxed out (+6), but their defenses are decreased completely (-6).

Other: After the attacks have been issued, there is a 10% chance that Asura's hallucinations will be too strong for the Pokemon, and have the same effect as hurting themselves in confusion for one attack. For every attack made that deals damage, there is a 1% chance that Asura's sack will be struck. If Asura is awakened, the 10% increases to 25%, and the Pokemon's attacks are maxed out (+6), but their defenses are decreased completely (-6).

(I apologize if this stuff isn't doable D: Just say I derped up and I can make some adjustments >.<)

This be my first time posting a challenge, let's hope I did this right. e_e

1vs1 single
Banned Moves: OHKO's, Any moves that change abilities, such as Worry Seed.
Arena: Kishin Asura's Prison

Deep under the Death Weapon Meister Academy, more commonly known as the DWMA, rests a room which contains the master of madness, the Kishin Asura. The weak minded often fall victim to Asura's insanity, and often see horrific hallucinations and visions. After the attacks have been issued, there is a 10% chance that Asura's hallucinations will be too strong for the Pokemon, and have the same effect as hurting themselves in confusion for one attack. The room is rather dark, and wooden pillars are dotted across the seemingly endless wooden floor. With every step, the floor creaks, making silent approaches by Pokemon walking on legs (or arms) difficult, but possible, which. In the middle of the room, sits Asura's prison, a sack made of his own skin. For every attack made that deals damage, there is a 1% chance that Asura's sack will be struck. If Asura is awakened, the 10% increases to 25%, and the Pokemon's attacks are maxed out (+6), but their defenses are decreased completely (-6).

Other: After the attacks have been issued, there is a 10% chance that Asura's hallucinations will be too strong for the Pokemon, and have the same effect as hurting themselves in confusion for one attack. For every attack made that deals damage, there is a 1% chance that Asura's sack will be struck. If Asura is awakened, the 10% increases to 25%, and the Pokemon's attacks are maxed out (+6), but their defenses are decreased completely (-6).

(I apologize if this stuff isn't doable D: Just say I derped up and I can make some adjustments >.<)

If someone will ref this, i'll take you on!

3vs3 doubles
DQ: Standard week
Banned Moves: OHKO's
Arena: Atlantis

Although most likely not the real Atlantis, the drowned city of Atlantis in which this battle takes place shares a frightening amount with its namesake. The fact that both ended up underwater, for example - and that both were tremendously prosperous beforehand. The city was so well-built that most of its buildings have not been too badly harmed, even at such great depths; rust and algae coat the majority of the structures, sure, and sponges grow on the smaller houses, but towards the upper limits of the buildings things look shockingly pristine. Since most of the city is made of skyscrapers - thousands of feet high on average, towering way above the miniature houses below and many made of pure glass, made hard enough that many of the walls remain intact; here and there, the tallest of skyscrapers was made of actual diamond, and nothing has managed to corrode those. This leads to quiet a beautiful underwater view.

Of course, so far underwater - the tallest of skyscrapers being nearly 3,000 feet tall and still not even nearing the surface of the ocean - none of this would, normally, be seen. No sunlight reaches this far down, and the fish and pokemon are all used to darkness. This is one of the most brilliant aspects of Atlantis: it's a city of light.

Each of the skyscrapers is topped with a lightningrod, acting much like the pokemon ability. The rods are connected to dozens of gemstones fitted into the building walls, making it appear as if the buildings themselves glow. Since, of course, lightning doesn't often strike so deep below the surface, it's common courtesy for pokemon to come by and flash a thunder wave or two to light up the area.

Since Atlantis is nearly always bathed in light, it's considered poor hunting grounds - and by the same means, great protection for young. It's a rare day to not find tiny newborn chinchou flitting about, or a wailmer hiding in one of the taller skyscrapers, holding its breath before it needs to return to the surface.

Notes: For the duration of this battle, a protective force-field has been erected surrounding Atlantis. The field lets in/out all but living creatures, so pokemon that need to breathe will not be able to get through and reach the surface (meaning yes, they will suffocate).

All attacks used by water-dwelling pokemon do 1% more damage and cost 1% less energy; attacks used by pokemon not used to being in water do 1% less damage and cost 1% more energy.

3vs3 doubles
Arena: Atlantis

Although most likely not the real Atlantis, the drowned city of Atlantis in which this battle takes place shares a frightening amount with its namesake. The fact that both ended up underwater, for example - and that both were tremendously prosperous beforehand. The city was so well-built that most of its buildings have not been too badly harmed, even at such great depths; rust and algae coat the majority of the structures, sure, and sponges grow on the smaller houses, but towards the upper limits of the buildings things look shockingly pristine. Since most of the city is made of skyscrapers - thousands of feet high on average, towering way above the miniature houses below and many made of pure glass, made hard enough that many of the walls remain intact; here and there, the tallest of skyscrapers was made of actual diamond, and nothing has managed to corrode those. This leads to quiet a beautiful underwater view.

Of course, so far underwater - the tallest of skyscrapers being nearly 3,000 feet tall and still not even nearing the surface of the ocean - none of this would, normally, be seen. No sunlight reaches this far down, and the fish and pokemon are all used to darkness. This is one of the most brilliant aspects of Atlantis: it's a city of light.

Each of the skyscrapers is topped with a lightningrod, acting much like the pokemon ability. The rods are connected to dozens of gemstones fitted into the building walls, making it appear as if the buildings themselves glow. Since, of course, lightning doesn't often strike so deep below the surface, it's common courtesy for pokemon to come by and flash a thunder wave or two to light up the area.

Since Atlantis is nearly always bathed in light, it's considered poor hunting grounds - and by the same means, great protection for young. It's a rare day to not find tiny newborn chinchou flitting about, or a wailmer hiding in one of the taller skyscrapers, holding its breath before it needs to return to the surface.

Notes: For the duration of this battle, a protective force-field has been erected surrounding Atlantis. The field lets in/out all but living creatures, so pokemon that need to breathe will not be able to get through and reach the surface (meaning yes, they will suffocate).

All attacks used by water-dwelling pokemon do 1% more damage and cost 1% less energy; attacks used by pokemon not used to being in water do 1% less damage and cost 1% more energy.

Taking. For a Blastoise I do not swim nearly enough.

I just had a slot open up, so why not?

2vs2 double
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's; attacks that are dependent on the weather/open sky
Arena: An indoor traditional Pokemon gym-style arena with a shallow moat(shallow as in only about eleven or twelve inches in depth) running around it.

There are large chunks of rock strewn over the floor, some broken, some with cracks in them from previous battles. The ceiling is closed off from the sky, making weather-based attacks nearly impossible.

Aside from the rocks littering the field, there are thin patches of soft soil and grass that are packed loosely and scattered in between the rocks - good for kicking up dust or making a distraction if need be.

Moves like Dig are indeed possible, but the arena itself does not extend below ground beyond five feet, and the tunnels are difficult to conceal or close up once they have been made.

Beyond the moat are stands lined with locals who come to the arena to view battles, and if a Pokemon is confused, their condition might be extended/made less likely to snap out of by about two extra rounds due to the raucous crowd, the scent of food, and any other potential distractions.

Other: n/a

I just had a slot open up, so why not?

2vs2 double
Damage Cap: 45%
Banned Moves: OHKO's; attacks that are dependent on the weather/open sky
Arena: An indoor traditional Pokemon gym-style arena with a shallow moat(shallow as in only about eleven or twelve inches in depth) running around it.

There are large chunks of rock strewn over the floor, some broken, some with cracks in them from previous battles. The ceiling is closed off from the sky, making weather-based attacks nearly impossible.

Aside from the rocks littering the field, there are thin patches of soft soil and grass that are packed loosely and scattered in between the rocks - good for kicking up dust or making a distraction if need be.

Moves like Dig are indeed possible, but the arena itself does not extend below ground beyond five feet, and the tunnels are difficult to conceal or close up once they have been made.

Beyond the moat are stands lined with locals who come to the arena to view battles, and if a Pokemon is confused, their condition might be extended/made less likely to snap out of by about two extra rounds due to the raucous crowd, the scent of food, and any other potential distractions.

Other: n/a

If you can have more than one battle/challenge at a time, since I'm still waiting for my battle with K'yoril to be reffed as well, I'll take this one on.

1vs1 single
Style: Switch
Arena: Beach

It's just a normal beach. There are some people nearby who might get hurt.

Negrek, its been awhile, but I shouldn't have an Open Challenge.
It should be a battle under these rules against Rarity and Greaser Lala if they still want to fight it.

1vs1 single
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, moves that recover HP directly, but 2 chills allowed.
Arena: Cordoned Alley

... you really shouldn't be here, and you know it. It's the middle of the night in the middle of a crowded city, and somehow, in your ignorance you missed reading the many signs telling you, in bold CAPITAL letters, that this area has been cordoned off by the police inspectors. Seriously, how the hell did you miss it? It was in yellow and black! Those colours are supposed to mean DANGER!

This dirty little alleyway is a horrible sight. Tucked away behind two buildings where no-one should have to lay eyes on it, one of them is a four-star restaurant, and the other one a classy hotel covered in bright neon lights. Almost as if they're trying to make up for the presence of this hideous little corner by showing off their glamour, eh? Try as they might though, the dazzling hues of green and amber can't quite hide the splatters of blood on the walls, and they actually accentuate the chalk outline on the ground, making the edges glow, like... like some kind of sick leftover from a rave... or something... just who did this anyway!?

Wandering this crime scene really isn't a good idea. You could get caught and mistaken for the killer returning to the scene, or worse, he could ACTUALLY return and find you. Another chalk outline would liven up the dingy alleyway even more - but it wouldn't be in your better interests, I think. You should get out of here now before you get involved.

Oh but hey! There's still time for a battle, right? Even in the most dangerous places, with sirens screeching in your not-so-distant vicinity, you can spare some time to battle some random guy you just locked eyes with! Of course!

I swear, this is the most idiotic...

Other: My first time ever posting a challenge. I'm looking for other people who are just starting out as well, preferably.

1vs1 single
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, moves that recover HP directly, but 2 chills allowed.
Arena: Cordoned Alley

... you really shouldn't be here, and you know it. It's the middle of the night in the middle of a crowded city, and somehow, in your ignorance you missed reading the many signs telling you, in bold CAPITAL letters, that this area has been cordoned off by the police inspectors. Seriously, how the hell did you miss it? It was in yellow and black! Those colours are supposed to mean DANGER!

This dirty little alleyway is a horrible sight. Tucked away behind two buildings where no-one should have to lay eyes on it, one of them is a four-star restaurant, and the other one a classy hotel covered in bright neon lights. Almost as if they're trying to make up for the presence of this hideous little corner by showing off their glamour, eh? Try as they might though, the dazzling hues of green and amber can't quite hide the splatters of blood on the walls, and they actually accentuate the chalk outline on the ground, making the edges glow, like... like some kind of sick leftover from a rave... or something... just who did this anyway!?

Wandering this crime scene really isn't a good idea. You could get caught and mistaken for the killer returning to the scene, or worse, he could ACTUALLY return and find you. Another chalk outline would liven up the dingy alleyway even more - but it wouldn't be in your better interests, I think. You should get out of here now before you get involved.

Oh but hey! There's still time for a battle, right? Even in the most dangerous places, with sirens screeching in your not-so-distant vicinity, you can spare some time to battle some random guy you just locked eyes with! Of course!

I swear, this is the most idiotic...

Other: My first time ever posting a challenge. I'm looking for other people who are just starting out as well, preferably.

I'll take you on!

How about my first battle?

3 vs 3 Single
Damage Cap: 25 %
Banned Moves: All OHKO, Direct recovery moves, max Chills at 2
Arena: Strange Ruins

A very, VERY long time ago, a meteor was said to struck a small cave. It is filled with strange, light-blue crystals and what appears to be ancient metal surrounds the cave's chambers

There appears to be strange, relic-like technology, but it is all unusable. There are 4 chambers. 3 of them are exactly alike, one of them seems to slow down gravity. It should be noted that the strange metal does not conduct electricity.

Also, there is a pool filled with clear water in one chamber, and is about 20 ft in diameter and is five feet max at depth.

Occasionally, the crystals seem to flash in brilliant colors, but it is unknown if this actually does anything (but it's pretty!)

And finally, strangely it does not echo. Weeeeeeird.

How about my first battle?

3 vs 3 Single
Damage Cap: 25 %
Banned Moves: All OHKO, Direct recovery moves, max Chills at 2
Arena: Strange Ruins

A very, VERY long time ago, a meteor was said to struck a small cave. It is filled with strange, light-blue crystals and what appears to be ancient metal surrounds the cave's chambers

There appears to be strange, relic-like technology, but it is all unusable. There are 4 chambers. 3 of them are exactly alike, one of them seems to slow down gravity. It should be noted that the strange metal does not conduct electricity.

Also, there is a pool filled with clear water in one chamber, and is about 20 ft in diameter and is five feet max at depth.

Occasionally, the crystals seem to flash in brilliant colors, but it is unknown if this actually does anything (but it's pretty!)

And finally, strangely it does not echo. Weeeeeeird.

I don't seem to have any other battles going on right now, other than the one with Derpy, so I'll take you on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom