• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Thunderclap Amusement Park

Keldeo

Resolute
Pronoun
he, they
As you squelch through the rain and muck, you can't believe you're going through all this just for an amusement park. Surly, you approach the entrance. A ticket vendor's sorry wooden stall has been reduced to rubbish by the perpetual bad weather; it's easy to see why this place is called Thunderclap Amusement Park. Said vendor is now sitting in a plastic chair, her uniform dirty and rain-stained. She sighs and points to the two signs by the entrance to the thankfully weather-proofed park, where you can catch Pokemon.

You walk over to the bigger, blue sign and read it. It has encounter rates for the three still-usable rides. There's also a small note on a piece of paper taped to the top of the sign: "Ride Exclusive Pokemon are those that may appear on the specified ride, along with all the Common Pokemon for that ride."
vULBO.png

Common: BulbasaurLotadSeedotParasVenipedeSewaddleAzurillMinccinoLillipupBidoofWingullPidgeyDeerlingPoliwagHoothootTaillowPidoveStarlyCombeeRattata
Uncommon: IvysaurWhirlipedeSwadloonPoliwhirlPidgeottoMarillTranquillLombreNuzleafHerdier
Rare: VenusaurLeavannyPolitoedAzumarillUnfezant
Extremely Rare: Lapras
Ride Exclusive: NoctowlParasectPelipperSawsbuckScolipedeStoutland
Items: Water-StoneInsect-PlateSky-PlateMiracle-SeedMental-HerbPower-HerbSharp-BeakBig-RootStickWhite-Herb
gnmgg.png

Common: CharmanderPikachuMareepMagnemiteGeodudeNumelSlugmaAronMagbyBlitzleDrilburSandileGrowlitheVulpixVoltorbGligarBronzorKlinkFerroseedShinx
Uncommon: CharmeleonKrokorokFlaaffyMagmarGravelerLuxioKlangMagcargoMagnetonRaichu
Rare: CharizardLaironKrookodileAmpharosMagmortar
Extremely Rare: Aggron
Ride Exclusive: FerrothornElectrodeGliscorCameruptKlinklangBronzong
Items: Zap-PlateFlame-PlateDawn-StoneCharcoalMagnetFlame-OrbHeat-RockSmooth-RockLight-ClayCell-Battery
YHm8q.png

Common: MachopMedititeSneaselDeinoGastlyShuppetSableyeAbraDrifloonLitwickGolettDuskullUnown (A, E, I, O, U, Y) BaltoyYamaskPawniardMienfooCarvanhaMakuhitaMankey
Uncommon: Unown (B, F, J, P, V, Z) HaunterMachokeKirliaLampentKadabraMedichamDusclopsBanetteSharpedo
Rare: AlakazamZweilousMachampChandelureGardevoir
Extremely Rare: Hydreigon
Ride Exclusive: GalladeWeavileDrifblimGolurkBisharpHariyama
Items: TwistedspoonMind-PlateDusk-StoneDread-PlateRed-CardDestiny-KnotSpell-TagWise-GlassesBlackglassesSmoke-Ball
After reading the blue sign, you walk over to the tiny red sign. It has the entrance fees and Poke Ball prices.
One Ride Ticket: $4
Two Rides Ticket: $6
All Rides Ticket: $8
3 Rides + 15 Poke Balls: $12
1 Ride + 5 Poke Balls: $5
10 Poke Balls: $3
5 Poke Balls: $2

"So, are you ready to go in?" asks the ticket vendor. "Before you go in, you should know that if you bring a Pokemon with you, you'll have increased chances of finding items along with Pokemon (+5%), but yours might scare the park's away (5%). So, all you have to do is just tell me which ride or rides you're going on, if you're buying a package, and how many balls you're bringing in. Simple, right?"

Currently inside park: Noctowl
Formerly inside park: LuckyLapras (3 visits), Alraune (2 visits), Vehement Mustelid

Last edited:
Ooh! :3 I'd like to get that one ride + 5 Pokeballs package, please! I'd like to go on the ferris wheel. And I guess I won't bring a Pokemon if it'll scare away the park's.

Alraune
As you walk down the meandering path, artificial sunlight filtering in through the canopy, you can hear some bird Pokemon chirping. Some grass on the side of the path rustles, and a tiny Poliwag pops out, holding a greenish slab of stone that you recognize as an Insect Plate.

Poliwag (f)
Insect-Plate
[Catch/Ignore]
Inventory: Poke Balls (5)
Current Location: Ferris Wheel
Partner Pokemon: None

Last edited:
Okay! My RNG of choice is having some server lag problems, so results may be delayed.
Alraune
You can just make out the faint outline of the Ferris Wheel in the distance. You pass a small pond, and on the far side, you can see a Lotad sitting on a water lily. It's not holding anything, though...
Lotad [m]
[Catch/Ignore]
Inventory: Poke Balls x 4, Poliwag, Insect Plate

Noctowl
What ride do you want to go on? Or would you like me to randomize it?

Vehement Mustelid
You shiver as you enter the park, your breath forming a small cloud in front of you. All of a sudden, a Shuppet phases through the wall...
Shuppet [m]
[Catch/Ignore]
Inventory: Poke Balls x 5
Current Location: Fun House

Last edited:
Okay, I'm assuming you're not bringing a Partner Pokemon because you didn't say anything. If you are, I'll re-roll for an item and edit this post.

LuckyLapras
The Roller Coaster can't be reached with a delicate, meandering path like the Ferris Wheel. The Roller Coaster must be reached with a dark tunnel leading to a rugged mountain path. Walking through said dark tunnel with GODofFLAME trotting obediently at your heels, you suddenly trip over something. It's a Numel lying on the ground.

Numel (m)
[Catch/Ignore]
Current Location: Roller Coaster
Partner Pokemon: Growlithe

Last edited:
Ookay... You're now in the Fun House.

Noctowl
Looking around the path to the Fun House, you don't see much. The brick walls look old, but there's nothing special about them. Wait, what's that yellow thing? And it has a Twistedspoon, too!
Mienfoo [f]
Twistedspoon
[Catch/Ignore]

Last edited:
Okay, I'm assuming you're not bringing a Partner Pokemon because you didn't say anything. If you are, I'll re-roll for an item and edit this post.

LuckyLapras
The Roller Coaster can't be reached with a delicate, meandering path like the Ferris Wheel. The Roller Coaster must be reached with dark tunnel leading to a rugged mountain path. Walking through said dark tunnel, you suddenly trip over something. It's a Numel lying on the ground.

Numel (m)
[Catch/Ignore]

Oh snap. I forgot about that. I shall bring along, hmm, GODofFLAME the Growlithe.

Vehement Mustelid
You toss a Poke Ball at the surprised ghost. It clicks, and you pick it up and continue walking until you bump into something yellow and floating...
Abra [m]
[Catch/Ignore]
Inventory: Poke Balls x 4, Shuppet
Partner Pokemon: none

EDIT: Ninja'd by LuckyLapras. Re-rolling for an item and to see if Growlithe scared the Pokemon away. He didn't, and there was no item.

LuckyLapras
You can barely see the light at the end of the tunnel. All of a sudden, something sand-colored bites your foot. It turns out to be a Sandile, holding a Mind Plate. GODofFLAME tries to help, but his efforts are in vain. You scramble for a Poke Ball...
Sandile [m]
Mind-Plate
[Catch/Ignore]

Last edited:
LuckyLapras
[LL informed me by VM that he would catch the Sandile.]
You throw a Poke Ball at the darned thing to get it off your leg. GODofFLAME then follows you out of the tunnel and into the artificial sunlight. You can see the Roller Coaster... but then your view is blocked by a pink and white sheep.
Flaaffy [m]
[Catch/Ignore]
Inventory: Poke Balls x 4, Sandile, Mind Plate

LuckyLapras
[LL informed me by VM that he would catch the Sandile.]
You throw a Poke Ball at the darned thing to get it off your leg. GODofFLAME then follows you out of the tunnel and into the artificial sunlight. You can see the Roller Coaster... but then your view is blocked by a pink and white sheep.
Flaaffy [m]
[Catch/Ignore]
Inventory: Poke Balls x 4, Sandile, Mind Plate

Yay! Electric sheep! This Roller Coaster is amazing! I catch! =D

Oh, and as a sidenote: The actual ride appears after 5 encountered (not necessarily caught) pokemon. So you're 1 Pokemon, counting this one, away from the actual ride!
LuckyLapras
The entrance to the Roller Coaster looms ahead. You shield your eyes from the artificial sun, and GODofFLAME barks to alert you to a Pokemon ahead.
Bronzor [x]
[Catch/Ignore]
Inventory: Poke Balls x3, sandile, flaaffy, Mind Plate

Okay! My RNG of choice is having some server lag problems, so results may be delayed.
Alraune
You can just make out the faint outline of the Ferris Wheel in the distance. You pass a small pond, and on the far side, you can see a Lotad sitting on a water lily. It's not holding anything, though...
Lotad [m]
[Catch/Ignore]

Ignore.

Vehement Mustelid
You toss a Poke Ball at the surprised ghost. It clicks, and you pick it up and continue walking until you bump into something yellow and floating...
Abra [m]
[Catch/Ignore]
Partner Pokemon: none

I'll ignore this one.

Okay, two ignores. Got it...

Alraune
The Lotad hops into the water and doesn't surface until you've already walked away. A Summer Deerling prances into the middle of the path, and you instinctively reach for a Poke Ball...
Deerling-Summer [m]
[Catch/Ignore]

Vehement Mustelid
After being ignored for a while, the Abra teleports away. You keep walking on the dark path. Suddenly, a Machamp pounces out of nowhere! It's holding a Dread Plate.
Machamp [f]
Dread-Plate
[Catch/Ignore]
[Congrats on a rare! And it's holding an item, too!]

Back
Top Bottom