• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

(Signups: OPEN) Black Moon Academy – School for the Gifted

Black Yoshi

look at that PUNGENT KILLSTICK.
(Signups: OPEN) Black Moon Academy – School for the Gifted

Lounge|||Main Thread

black_moon_academy_banner_by_black_yoshi_99-d6plfst.png

*****​

"There you are, Byron."

"You sent for me, Madam Eastes?"

"I wanted to ask you about this plan of yours. With the new students."

"Of course. It's unorthodox at best, I understand."

"It hasn't been done. Not as more than a small lesson, anyway."

"It's the only way I see. We can't hope to survive an attack if the students don't stand together."

"I trust you, Byron. You know that. But this is important. If these students aren't ready, if they can't stand as one as soon as possible, there's no telling –"

"Have some faith, Ma'am. I'll get them prepared. And I'll keep on top of the Brown Mountain situation. We won't be taken by surprise."

"Byron, are you aware that three other schools were attacked in the last two months?"

"Three?"

"No survivors. Brown Mountain Institute was fortunate, and is recovering slowly. But I fear Black Moon is next."

"What's your estimate?"

"I don't have one. These Rogues move at their leisure. They've no hurry to get to us. They've no reason to fear any defenses we build."

"... So the girl is troubling you that much, is she?"

"... We can continue this conversation later, Byron. The new students should be arriving in half an hour or so."

"Very well, Ma'am. I'll begin preparations."

*****​

Black Moon Academy is a school in which the strange and supernatural can be properly studied, observed, and harnessed. You are a "gifted" child with unique powers. Your powers may have been active before, but lately they've begun to truly awaken. You received a letter from Black Moon, inviting you to hone your skills where you'd be accepted. Whatever your reasons, you've accepted, and have enrolled as a first year student. You'll be in the Academy for a good two weeks before any returning students arrive, to get settled in.

What the teachers don't tell you is that there is a storm brewing. A girl at the Brown Mountain Institute for the Gifted Youth has gone rogue, aiming to gain some recognition for herself. Naturally she gained some followers.

She wants to upset the balance between the supernatural world and the mundane. She wants to step out of the shadows, to stop hiding as though she should be ashamed of her powers. She wants to be something other than a freak.

As time wears on, the threat of an attack on Black Moon grows. Brown Mountain and three other academies have been attacked already, with only Brown Mountain surviving by a stroke of luck. It will fall upon you, the student, to protect the school, and by extension, the delicate balance of the world.

RULES RULES RULES:​

-Don't make yourself OP or Sue-ish. You shall be stricken by the wrath of God (me, in this case).
-Don't make yourself BORING. I shall force you into awkward situations which force character development whether you like it or not. Or death. That too.
-Realize that your power can be very similar to someone else's, but not the exact same. Two people can have pyrokinesis, so long as they focus on different aspects of it.
-Some swearing will happen. Keep it under wraps, though. But you guys are pretty good with that, so.
-BE CREATIVE. Don't assume your character has limitations. Go out on a limb. Do something different. That said, if you could just let me know beforehand, that'd be AWESOME.
-HAVE FUN. INVEST YOURSELF. Make this RP worth it.

That's it. Pretty basic.

FORM:

(NOTE: If you need any help with your character, I would recommend going here. It's quite helpful, and for me, just really interesting.)

Name: (First and last, if'n you don't mind.)
Age: (I'd suggest 14-19, but that's merely a suggestion. Not gonna' be too strict with it.)

Appearance: (The more thorough the better. :3 There’s a slight possibility I may try to draw these out. I promise nothing, but if it motivates you… There’s a chance. NOW NOW, DON'T ALL RUSH UP AT ONCE.)

Personality: (Obviously everyone can feel all kinds of emotions, but what makes your character memorable? Lovable? Vilified? Can be short and generic or lengthy and drawn out. Surprise me. I'm expecting a lot to be played out)

Biography: (How did you grow up? How have your powers affected you as a person? Again, can be very short or very long. You don't have to do too much of this if you aren't in the mood.)

Abilities: (Describe what makes your character special! Maybe even ripped off of shows. Base it on a Devil Fruit from One Piece, or a Jutsu from Naruto, or a Pokemon attack, or anything similar if you’re short on ideas. Or the site I linked above might help. Meaning me.)

Other: (Anything else you care to add? Maybe an opinion to my proposition below...? *wink*)

*****​

Accepted Members:

-Player/Name/Sex/Age/Power

-Black Yoshi/Nick Sloan/Male/17/Summoner
-Phantom/Raisa Winters/Female/17/Technopath
-Stormecho/Eris Fallton/Female/16/Parasite
-Lil Kuchiki/Serena Holloway/Female/16/Augur
-Silver/Aimee Blackburn/Female/15/Electrokinetic
-Metalos/Vidal Biryukov/Male/19/Biohazard
-90FC3C/James Levin/Male/15/Augur
-Lirris/Reneé Crowley/Male/18/Parasitic Pyrokinetic
-Exo-Raikou/Priam Malack/Male/17/Parasite
-The Omskivar/Katie O'Ryens/Female/20/Astral Walker
-Maimi/Gundam Takana/Male/16/Cypher
-sreservoir/Priscilla Messina/Female/14/Thermokinetic
-RespectTheBlade/Thomas Lang/Male/17/Gyrokinetic
-I liek Squirtles/Nestor McLane/Male/16/Zoopath
-Ulqi-Chan/Roma Cornelius/Female/18/Reptilian
-allitersonance/Quitterie Kaname/Female/17/Necromancer
-Qvalador/Ace Skylar/Male/14/Illusionist

*****​

Reserves:

-
-
-
-
-

*****​

Last edited:
Re: (Signups: OPEN) Black Moon Academy – School for the Gifted

SO HERE'S MY FORM. I go a bit overboard on it (especially the biography) so you guys needn't worry about making it long like this. But if you do make it this long (or longer still) then that is BRILLIANT.

Name: Nick Sloan

Appearance: Nick looks like a not-nice-person, but intimidating isn't a fitting word. He’s a fair height, just barely at six feet, and a bit on the slim side. He has long shaggy brown hair that often gets in his green eyes, and his skin is somewhat pale. He almost always wears the same outfit. A plain, unadorned t-shirt of varying colors on the bottom layer, followed by a collared button up short-sleeve, also of varying colors. Over that, a light gray hoodie, and on top of it all, a leather jacket. Normally, he’d be roasting like an oven, but he never seems to show the slightest indication of caring about temperature. He has a black and green backpack that he only ever slings over one shoulder if he has it, and wears dark jeans with black and white chucks.

Personality: He has a tendency to act a bit cold, or sometimes like he’s just bored of everything. He prefers to take things slow rather than act rashly, or in many cases, to simply “chill,” which is his word for “slack off.” His parents, who are quite religious, view him as a “dark, confused child,” but really he’s pretty average. He likes to get around via longboard, and enjoys “chilling” in the park.

Biography: (Warning: Excessive backstory ahead) Shortly after he was born, there was a shadow hovering over him. The nurse who came to retrieve him to bring him to his parents fainted, and actually had to go to the emergency room. But by the time anyone else looked, it was gone. But his parents saw it when they brought him home, hunched over his crib. His father, like the nurse, fainted. His mother, though she became hysterical, remained conscious. When she approached the shadow, holding a rosary in her hand and praying, the shadow gave her a vexed look. It gave a small hiss when she got too close to the crib, and she back off. The shadow wasn’t hurting little Nick. Only observing him.

When Nick turned into a toddler, the shadow seemed to disappear. His parents never saw it again. They thought that they’d made it go away by hanging crosses all over the room and baptizing Nick. They thought it was because of the Holy Lord’s protection and love that Nick never woke in the middle of the night, never disturbed anyone. But, no, it was because the shadow only came at night, to avoid the annoying matured humans. It whispered to Nick in the darkness, told him about the world, and all it had observed. The stupidity of man. The beauty of the moon. The taste of dreams.

When Nick turned six, the shadow offered him a contract. One that would let Nick and the shadow be friends forever. They could always be together, always talk, and his parents would never know. He cut his finger with a piece of paper, and sealed the contract with blood. The shadow entered Nick then, and they became one. Two entities sharing one body, forever chained together.

Nick started calling it Shade.

Shade would come to his defense, temporarily separating bodies to protect him from harm. Shade was strong. He was fast. But they learned very quickly that they had to be careful. Not only did it attract attention when Shade was summoned, but the experience was painful for Nick.

He went through the rest of his childhood with only Shade as a friend. But as time wore on, Nick realized he made a mistake. Shade was a parasite, and he could feel the effects as the years went by. But perhaps, just maybe, he can turn it around. Perhaps in Black Moon Academy, he can control Shade, so that instead of being fed on, he can draw power from Shade.

Abilities: The power to summon Shade from within his body to fight for him.

Shade feels no pain, is both physical and nonexistent. Shade can attack, but cannot be attacked. He has great black wings that grant him flight, his claws can tear through flesh with ease. But there is only so much time he can be separated from Nick before he has to return to recharge his energy. Nick can almost immediately re-summon Shade, but the return is extremely painful. Shade feeds off of Nick to regain his power all at once. Nick’s entire body turns to fire, his blood boils, and his head in particular throbs uncontrollably. And the sensation is worse when the Shade has been attacked. Though the Shade feels no pain, the pain has to go somewhere. Nick feels a muted volume of pain, but even so it can easily become crippling.

As time passes, Nick will learn what is called a “partial summoning.” Only a piece of the Shade, say an arm, leg, or the wings, is summoned. It directly lays over Nick’s own corresponding body part, like armor, granting him the strength, speed, and even flight of the Shade. It also contains the “after burn” to those specific body parts. The more complete the summoning is, the more power he receives. However, if he completely envelopes himself in Shade, Shade will be granted full physical form, and Nick will cease to exist.

Other: Meh.

Last edited:

Name: Raisa Winters

Appearance: Raisa Winters is quite the character. When someone looks at her they don't know whether to ignore her or stare. Perhaps it's the ever changing hair color, or the punk style haircut.

In all seriousness, Raisa is about average height and weight, maybe a little taller, for her age. She has green eyes, and her hair color and style depends on her mood. No, she's not some shapeshifter, but she doesn't like to be boring. Right now it's cut short and colored bright green with a few highlights of black for a change of pace.

She can normally be seen in a pair of baggy jeans, converse, and some sort of geek t-shirt, like Star Wars or Doctor Who or some random band she thought was interesting.

Personality: Sarcastic, witty, snark. Snark. Snark.

Witty one liners have been how she deals with the world around her. When you're alone most of the time you forget that, well, sometimes some things don't really need to be said out loud.

She curses. Not truly like a sailor, but probably worse, if that makes sense.

Definitely still the good guy.... Chick...

Biography: Daughter of a wealthy... okay, not just wealthy... Daughter of one of the most influential CEO's in the country... and the biggest disappointment to one of the biggest CEO's in the country.

Greyhaven Corporation.

When Raisa was three years old, her mother was diagnosed with a rare form of blood cancer. Her mother was dead within the year. Raisa didn't really remember her mother. There would be flashes, of course, blurry pictures in her head, but she was never able to really associate the photos of the nice looking woman that hung on the walls as her mother. It was a stranger that looked back at her.

She did remember though, that her father started acting differently when her mother died. He threw himself into his work as the new CEO of Greyhaven. They moved to the east coast, closer to coporate headquarters, but the pictures of the nice looking stranger never made it onto the walls of the new mansion. She saw him less and less. At first she only saw him a few times a week, then only on weekends, and then once a month. After she turned eighteen, it had become twice a year, father's day and her birthday.

Distant father or not, Raisa did not go without. She was given everything she had ever wanted, and the space to do anything she wanted. When she graduated high school two years early her father bought her a penthouse in New York City, there she was able to access her trust funds to do her work, mainly building and working with information.

Mainly information.

She'd learned early on that her father had his secrets. He was a dealmaker, but not all of his deals were the most lawful, nor with the most credible citizens. Of course that's not what the country saw. They saw the man that had lost a wife but pressed on, the man who's company was leading the march for cancer research, to innovation, to progress. As far as the media was concerned, her father was a corporate rockstar.

No one would ever suggest the Greyhaven Industries real contracts were made behind closed doors and with hushed voices.

Words like...

Innovative weapons tech...

Mercenaries...

Organ trade...

Genetic experimentation...

She had learned to access his little databases by the time she was sixteen. Blue holograms, orange lists, yellow names, all of them floated in front of her eyes, seen only by her. And with it, she countered her father for years. Secretly she was planning on building her own company, an unnamed and seemingly invisible company that would be able to take down Greyhaven.

Or at least that's what she had planned.

About a year ago he seemed to gain interest in her.

He wanted to groom her into his heir.

She knew this was the perfect opportunity to take control, to either eventually neuter or change Greyhaven.

But she wanted to hone her powers first. Her abilities felt basic at best.

She wanted to do more...

Abilities: Aside from having super human inteligence, Raisa is what's called a technopath. She has amazing skills in computer tech, either it be hacking, building, or fixing. She can immediately access any data bank with her mind and close distance alone.

Basically, the technology doesn't communicate, rather she immerses herself in a digital representation of the data. Her mind turns this into sort of holograms that only she can see, because that is how her brain interprets this data. This only works with computer based tech, ie, it wouldn't work with a toaster or stoplight.

This sometimes might leave her vulnerable because she might focus more on the data than on the real world moving around her.

(This)

(This too...

Other: Usually keeps a laptop with her at all times, as well as other 'handy' tech. The last project she was working with was to create a fully functional VI.

Last edited:

Name: Eris Fallton

Appearance: Tall for her age, Eris is slim and pale - which by itself, isn't anything strange. Her black hair is long and straight, and falls to her waist. Her features are sharp and pointed, especially her chin, and she's surprisingly fine-boned for her height, which makes her look almost fragile. Her eyes, however, are unnaturally dark - dead black in colour, though they turn bright silver when actively using her abilities.

To make her stand out even more, she has strange, twisting black tattoos on her neck and shoulders, that stand out pretty sharply due to how pale she is. These, too, change when she's using her powers - the tattoos become shadowy tendrils that move, often reaching up to her face and covering her arms as well. Due to all of these special snowflake traits, she doesn't bother much with the rest of her appearance, though everything she goes for is generally comfortable and bares enough skin to show off her tattoos.

Personality: Mocking, often cruelly so, Eris is not going to be on anyone's list of nice people. While she might not have caught on to all of her powers yet, she loves them, and she loves what she can do. People listen to her, respect her - and if it's through fear, then it still counts! Whimsical and inclined to get inventive if she gets bored, Eris hates not being acknowledged. Ignoring her is one way to make her genuinely angry - not that she shows it well. Both being someone she likes and someone she doesn't tends to have the same result, with her constantly needling them to find out a weak point, a flaw to use against them. She doesn't genuinely mean to hurt anyone, but considering the scope of her abilities, that intention doesn't matter much.

She's actually very lonely, which is one reason why she'll willingly home in on and latch onto anyone with similar powers to hers - perhaps they would be able to stand being her friends. She doesn't really know how to behave around people she wants to befriend, though, and tends to just follow them around and try to unsettle them. Not a winning strategy, really.

Biography: Eris was from a roughly middle-class family. Her parents were doting, and neither had anything particularly special about them. Her mother worked, her dad kept the house, and as Eris was their only child, she got a fair weight of both attention and responsibility. This all changed when, at eight years old, she began to scare everyone around her - at first, unconsciously, but later she figured out what was going on and gloried in it. The kids in school who teased her, the teachers who called on her in class, even her parents - they all were targets of more and more dread as she learned to make it stronger.

This became a problem very quickly. Eris realized she didn't really like freaking out her parents as much as she thought she would, but restricting her aura was much harder than making it stronger. Her parents eventually worked around the fear, a little, and then homeschooled her to prevent any accidents - but Eris still couldn't control her powers and the more she used them, the less she minded, except with her family.

So Black Moon Academy was something both she and her parents wanted her to take a chance with - to figure out how to amplify what she did, curtail it when it really counted and meet some really interesting people.

Abilities: Eris' abilities are related to darkness, but not actually a part of them. Her most noticeable ability is that she radiates fear and dread. It's a passive aura, really, though she can make it stronger or dampen it down so only someone in direct contact with her will feel it - which she doesn't often do. She can extend this to even show people their worst fears, or make them see terrible visions, just to mess with them - though what she hasn't figured out yet is that if she does so for long enough, the vision will become self-sustaining and manifest in reality. She can also sharpen her aura, as it were, focusing it on one person nearby, which generally works to keep them from moving around too much though as petrification goes, it's not perfect.

Other: She has a vague sense for powers attuned to darkness, but that's about it. She needs to eat less than a normal person - she can take energy from the dreams of others, as well as their reactions to her. Fear and unease sustain her, essentially.

I'm so exciiiiited~ =3 This is lovely. And now, my character. Who is not so flashy and awesome.

*Smallest violin in the world plays*

Name: Serena Holloway

Appearance: Serena tries her best to look good, but not in the conventional way for teenagers. She wears clothes that make her “phosisticated,” things that make her look mature and beautiful. She is neither tall nor short for her age, and has honey hair with sweeping bangs, which only reaches her shoulders. She wears contacts most days, but on weekends, holidays, sick days, or just “off days,” she wears a pair of glasses for laziness.

Her favorite outfit (for she has many) is a white coat that cuts off just above her knees with a red blouse. And jeans. Always jeans. She used to wear heels, but due to the nature of the academy, she decided it would be wise to bring mostly flat soled shoes. Most of the time she wears Roman Sandals. She also wears a variety of bracelets, depending on the day, her favorites being anything silver (at least in color). Every day she wears a silver necklace with a perfectly round sapphire set into it.

Personality: She may look classy, but she’s pretty much just obnoxious. She just loves to talk, talk, talk, talk, and she gets a real kick out of it when people get irritated at her or anything else. She often purposely mispronounces words and speaks in disjointed sentences because she finds it humorous. But she doesn’t mean to make people think she’s stupid. The sarcasm when she speaks so poorly is so obvious it sometimes hurts.

On top of these things, she’s quite a curious girl and has zero boundaries, and cares not for when people may be sleeping, concentrating, or anything else. Still, she’s kind enough that it makes hating her difficult unless you are truly a grim person.

Biography: Normally, it’s tough for the second out of three sisters to stand out. But it’s safe to say that Serena stood out pretty well. As an athlete, she enjoyed gymnastics, volleyball, and baseball the most. She made friends quickly in school as she excelled in sports, and became a huge social butterfly. Almost too much so. In fact, she lost friends because she was always too social and making other friends.

A few years ago, she hit a dark spot. People got sick of her and excluded her. She didn’t have any friends. She started sulking most of the time, not taking part in any of the things she used to. She figured out that she was pretty fond of physics, partially due to her powers, and began studying it independently. After that, she seemed to cheer up again. Her wardrobe brightened up, she cut her hair shorter, started socializing again. It wasn’t even a year later that she got her letter inviting her to Black Moon.

She likes to think it was her change in attitude that brought her the invitation. She’s big on Karma/Fate/Omens/whatever else you may call it.

Abilities: She possesses what she calls “Probability Sight,” which means she can see the outcomes of something. For example, if you throw a ball, she can predict where and when it will hit the ground within 3 centimeters the moment it leaves your hand. She’s also referred to it as “Vector Sight.” This makes her quite skilled at games like billiards, golf, baseball, etc. It also means she can predict an opponent’s movements very easily. The downside is that she has a habit of falling into “tunnel vision,” and surprises can catch her off guard quite easily while she’s focusing on the vectors. Visual illusions are particularly crippling for her, since she relies so heavily on her eyes.

Other: I feel as though this form makes her look a bit sue-ish. Hm. No big deal. It shall not be so, or at least I think. Not on my watch. I also think her power looks lame now. ;-; I was going to do, like, super precise water-control stuff. But I didn't. I wanted to be slightly more original.

and if you could just do the social group thing

that'd be great.

I would also like to reserve a spot, because I can't decide which of my headcharacters I want to use.

Rrrrrrreserve~! I'm totally gonna get active again oh yes

So I'm just gonna post again because this is my completed form (I'm posting from my phone so I'll try to edit any mistakes on Monday or Tuesday)

Name: Aimee Blackburn

Appearance: Aimee's shoulder length brown hair frizzes out in all directions, and since she's not one to care very much about her looks, she barely bothers with it. Aimee is smaller than most her age, only about five feet in height and fairly slim. Her eyes are a greenish-blue colour with noticeable yellow spots. Aimee's skin has just enough colour to it that she's not as pale as a ghost.

Her clothes normally consist of brightly coloured long sleeve shirts, the sleeves are long enough to cover her hands, black jeans and shoes, and a rubber bracelet on her left arm. The bracelet is normally covered by her sleeves.

Personality: Aimee is the bubbly and overexcited type. She likes to think it's because of her powers, because otherwise she would be quiet and reserved. She can also be fairly devious given the chance, pulling pranks or encouraging fights are some of the normal things she will do, whether she likes you or not. Think kind of like that annoying little sister you can't get rid of.

Though one thing people will notice bout her is that she will only make friends with girls. Aimee is absolutely terrified of guys, adults, teenagers, it doesn't matter, she can stand them near her but if they even go in to touch her they will get the shock of their life. (biography should explain this more)

Biography: Aimee is the only child of her mother and abusive father. Her father was a drunk, and a very angry one at that. Her mother tried her best with Aimee, but the fact that she stayed with the man who beat her and made their child watch didn't help with her impression of men at all. They terrified her, sure they could be kind at first, but she thought they'd always get angry and raise their hand to hot you.

Aimee got kicked out of her elementary school when she was younger because of an accident with her powers. No one really knew what happened, but they feared her, and this caused them to have to move. They had to move several times, her accidents becoming a less often thing but still happening and causing her father to leave scars and permanent marks along her arms. Thus lead to her always wearing long sleeve shirts.

When her mother found out about. Black Moon Academy, she decided it was the best place for Aimee to get away and learn more about her powers.

Abilities: Aimee is electric, to a point. She can mess with some electronics by taking the electricity from them, shock people by letting out her energy, and use a certain amount of energy to heighten any emotion on someone else, though she cannot fully control this and can never determine how long it'll last and how powerful it will become.

She believes she got these powers while her mom was still pregnant and got struck by lightning. This caused her mom to be the only one who could hold her without being shocked until a later point in her life.

The accident that happened in elementary school was because of a male classmate hugging her, and as her powers were already fairly wild and she was terrified of him, she shocked him with all her energy. This is also when she found there was a downside to her powers. Aimee gets what she calls "black outs" when she uses too much power. When they happen, all of her senses shut down, leaving her only able to breath. Her black out tines can vary, going for a few minutes to hours and possibly days. Aimee restrains herself from using her powers too often, though she will risk it if she can cause a good fight to happen.

Other: This all sounded better in my head, especially since I don't know what you would call her powers. also yeah that social group would be amazing I support it 110%

eh, save me a spot. Not sure if i'll do this, but it's the first RP i've seen in a long while and i miss doing them

Alright, thanks to my impatience, I think the start of the RP is drawing near. I'll probably start it on the 12th or 13th. Meantime, I'd strongly recommend to those who are reserved to finish up their forms, or for anyone to jump in last minute.

At this present moment, we have 5 members, and 3 reserves. So this isn't so large as I might have hoped, but it isn't depressingly small. Assuming nobody just drops their character.

Even so, I encourage a bit of poking and prodding. See if you can't get anyone else involved. Sign-ups will close for a brief period after starting. I'll draft the first post, as well as start organizing for the social group. I'll see you all on campus! (Ha. Geddit? Cause it's a schoo-okay, you got it.)

Reserve me a spot, I'll try to get a CS up by Monday...

Name: Vidal Biryukov

Appearance:

"You don't need to see him to know he's coming. Just listen for that breathing noise..."
Paranoid Student; keeping a keen watch for the masked freakshow.

Vidal is handicapped. Though, not in the wheelchair and crutches way.

The first thing people notice about him is the mask. It's a gask mask, yeah, like the kind you'd see in those WWII trailers. Or when things go horribly horribly wrong and the government starts sending in the suits to clean things up before there's a mass media leak. Long protruding mouth... wide amber lenses where a person's eyes should be? It looks utterly inhuman. That's one scary thing about it. Another scary thing? Well, the fact that it's actually being worn for your protection, not just as a funky fashion accessory.

Take it away... and you have a teen that looks like he's never had the sun on his skin. He's pale, scrawny, with angular features and a bony jawline ending in a squared chin. There's no evidence of hair, facial or otherwise, and underneath his eyes are deep green-greyish bags, while the eyes themselves are coloured a dirty brown flecked with traces of amber.

The rest of his frame would probably be quite skinny too if you could see it. Thick grey boots and gloves made of something tougher than mere rubber cover his hands and feet, and the rest of him is isolated from everything- air, sunlight, the warm touch of another human being- everything, by a yellow bodysuit the same shade as the eyepieces on his gasmask, made of the same impenetrable rubber substitute. The suit has no openings. What it does have are two canisters on the back which constantly recycle the air and moisture he breathes.

It may seem extreme. But it's the only way he can live among other people.

Personality:

"Did you see him yelling at that dog yesterday? Ugh! What a jerk!"
Disgusted Student; only bad people hate puppies!

Funny thing about darkness. If you go looking for it, you'll find it, even if there was never any there to begin with.

Treat someone with hate, and they'll hate you back. Tell them that they're a monster and they'll become one. It's nothing more elaborate than human nature. And Vidal is a fine example of what years of being ostracized and resented can do to a person... he's a monster, like Frankenstein. Quite a lot like Frankenstein actually.

It can be said that Vidal is angry, and this is true. He has a lot of very violent emotions. Probably just the same as you or me. But the way he projects them as intimidating is defensive behavior. It's a classic tactic... act unpleasant, keep people away. Cause and effect. And why would he want people kept at arms length? Well, simple. People tell him he's a monster. And he believes them. He doesn't like himself much, and feels plenty of shame on his own behalf. Seeing other people as being perfect also builds up resentment. He'll never be able to live up to them, and just knowing that alone feels like someone stabbing him in the chest every time he gets reminded of it.

Other monsters are a different story. Around them, there's no need to feel shame. No reason to drive them off with intimidation and outburst. Around them, he can feel... normal. He can show that behind the mask he has vulnerabilities. Needs that need to be met, like companionship, camaraderie, and even sympathy. People to complain about things with, and obsess over pointless fads. A sense of real belonging to a group. A group that, hopefully, his powers won't accidentally kill!

So let me ask you, where does the line between 'monster' and 'victim' overlap?

Biography:

"Keep that mask on him! And for fuck's sake, don't let him touch you!"
Men In Black; excerpt from Vidal's memories, aged 10 years...

Vidal's mother died shortly after his birth. At the time, it was thought to be an act of murder. Somebody had poisoned her.

But, how had they managed to poison her from the inside? And how was it that her baby remained fine? Writing it off as a stroke of luck that he had survived, Vidal was taken home by his father. A man broken by the unexpected tragedy of his wife's death, but determined to give his son a proper upbringing, with all the love and support his mother would have treated him with had it not been for her demise. Four years later, Vidal's uncle found the man dead. Passed away in his sleep.

It was the same poison again. More paranoid than ever, Vidal was sent to his uncle's... and after he died, his aunt... who followed suit. Over the course of several years he was passed from one relative to the next. Never putting down any roots for very long or having a real place to call home. Traumatized by the deaths happening all around him to the only people in the world that he knew and loved. The police thought that it was the same murderer at work, trying to wipe out the family for unknown reasons.

Only around the age of ten did a real break in the case happen. Vidal's hair, his beautiful blonde hair, fell from his head in great clumps. Dead all the way to the roots. His skin paled, and the cut on his hand bled yellow, not red. This time experts were called in. Real experts, competent ones who knew about the supernatural, and it was them that revealed to Vidal the real truth behind everything. He was 'gifted'... although the word seemed like a cruel mockery, considering the nature of his gift. There was no murderer. No wayward bogeyman stalking his family, killing them off. It would have been nicer if there was. The truth was that it was him - Vidal had poisoned them all, through uncontrolled exposure to his fledgling powers.

He was taken away. They muzzled him, locked him up, took him away from the sunlight and put him in rooms where everything was white and pristine. There was no point resisting them. No way to bring himself to struggle. How could he? He was a horrible monster... torn apart by guilt, and now alone. It was probably better off that way. Isolated, he couldn't hurt anyone. And the doctors told him that his blood, that horrible yellow filth, could be used to cure people. To save lives instead of bringing death to everything. It became his reason for living, his way of atoning for what he perceived to be his fault. He made his friends online instead... pen-pals in countries where diseases ran rampant. Whenever he'd hear stories from one of them that aid from strange doctors had helped contain an outbreak, it helped sustain his resolve.

For a while, that was enough for him. But then one day the letter came. An actual letter, on paper. Nobody ever wrote him letters! This one was from an Academy... a school where he was told there were others like him. Where he might be able to learn to control his powers, and even make real friends.

To this day, he has that letter framed on his wall behind an alkaline screen. It is his most treasured possession.

Abilities:

"We're talking about a kid that bleeds acid, spits poison, and shits radioactive waste. And you just invited him to join the Academy!?"
Alarmed Faculty; because paranoia is perfectly healthy, don't let anyone tell you different!

Biohazard.

Everything, the suit, the mask; they are all just containment. These things are there to protect you - to protect you from what he is. Vidal's body is a factory... a living deathtrap, one that constantly produces virulent toxins that are evolving all the time. The air he exhales becomes a noxious fume just from having passed through his lungs. His touch is corrosive, his skin exuding a poison as potent as a dart frog's venom, and caustic enough to burn a hole through an oil tanker's hull. Conventional diseases cannot harm him for the sole reason that his vital fluids utterly disintegrate any virus that dares invade his body. These abilities are always active, and completely beyond his control.

It is a curse far more than a blessing. Due to his condition, he cannot eat or drink in the company of others. He must sleep inside his suit, and cannot even go to the toilet without his waste needing to be collected and relocated so it can be dumped far away from anything living.

His body is also very unaccustomed to injury as a result. His wounds are slow to heal due to a weak metabolism, his human body unable to thrive due to the very sickness that sustains it. Harming him can also bring out his blood, however... which is a vile yellow colour, with a tendency to spray everywhere. While it weakens him to use it, for it can cause him to pass out from loss of blood, it makes it that much harder to deal with him long-distance. And naturally... if you have any sense at all... you want to keep as far away as possible.

Other:

"Say what you want about that boy. Thanks to him, none of you will be having sick days ever again!"
Black Moon Faculty; helping make Vidal that little bit more 'popular' with his classmates...

Ironically, Vidal is also perhaps most useful as a biological weapon against disease itself. When properly distilled, his blood is still essentially human... which means that in limited doses, approximately 1/160000th per litre, it can act as a limited panacea. Every facility that houses him also takes care to create antidotes to his poisons that are updated frequently; and Black Moon Academy is no exception. Provided that treatment is administered within the hour of coming into contact with him, the fatality rate falls within acceptable parameters.

[I'm back from the graaaaave! Wow... did not expect to write so much, I'm so sorry. A social group would be neat too!]

Last edited:

Yay, last minute jump-in by a brand new member!

Name: James Levin

Appearance: James plays the "popular kid" stereotype, wearing nothing but brand names and looking like a typical carbon copy of a high schooler. His tall figure (roughly 6'1") makes him look a couple years older than he is, and his curly black hair is held under a Phillies snapback cap, often worn backwards. His clothes mostly consist of baggy sweatpants and t-shirts. As of the start of the RP, he has a picture of an eye Sharpie'd onto the back of his neck as a joke between him and his friends.

Personality: James puts on a front roughly similar to his appearance, but in reality, he hates it. He hates people, especially the ones he had to hang around in middle- and high-school. He's very easily provoked under his cover, and often acts hostile when provoked. As a result, he's not particularly someone you want to be around, resulting in him putting on the personality of the people around him when he was in 'regular' school.

He is also very insightful as a result of his power, but he tends not to use his insight.

Biography: As a child, he would often inadvertently creep people out. At four years old, his ability was already well developed; When his parents hired him a babysitter, James already knew her name, though his parents passed it off as him listening into a conversation between them.

However, they knew something was wrong when he was six years old. One of his babysitters had to be admitted to a mental hospital for an unknown reason, and it was right around the time that they had been together... something felt wrong about the whole thing.

It was only when he started middle school, though, that James himself discovered it. Before class on his first day, he identified a girl in the class by name. She freaked the hell out, and throughout the rest of the year, he was the creepy one who was always whispered about. As a result, he later tried his best to be 'normal,' as it was the easiest way he would be accepted by his schoolmates.

Abilities: James can sense everything and everyone that's around him, to pretty precise detail. It's a "sixth sense" of sorts, but enhanced ridiculously. He can sense something behind him without turning to see it, know what it is, and know a few details about that object in particular. He can even tell a person's name without ever knowing of them beforehand.

Other: I'm kind of going on vacation tomorrow. ._. I'll have internet access a couple times a day and an iPod Touch to post on, but I won't be too active in it until I get back.

also yes on the social group thing pls

(So, this ought to be good, it's my first CS in a long while (and early!))

Name: Reneé Crowley

Appearance: Reneé is 5'12" (NOT 6') and weighs roughly 160lbs. His skin is only slightly on the pale side. Reneé has mid-length ivory hair kept rather tidy, save for a lock that insists on falling over his right eye. His eyes are roughly the same color as his flames, and typically posses a disinterested gaze.
He wears a t-shirt with a purple to black gradient, and a black sports-coat over-top. He wears dark grey slacks and varying pairs of sneakers (often mismatched) with equally mismatched socks. Reneé keeps a gunmetal grey Zippo lighter in his right pants pocket, a Nintendo 3DS in his left, and sports a small constant flame from his right eye.

Personality: Reneé is a born loner. His ability manifested itself not long after birth, and though it was rather negligible, many people felt rather unpleasant around him. Reneé was fine with this, as from a young age he had become rather engulfed in video games. Reneé finds interaction with others odd and may fidget and bounce between extroversion and introversion rather unpredictably.

Reneé is rather intelligent, but is hindered by ADD and Asperger's Syndrome, as well as his odd Intro/Extroverted behaviour. Thus he has a habit of being frustrated with things that should seem simple, and resents people harbouring high expectations of him.

Biography: Reneé was born into a strange home. His father was funeral-home owner, and his mother was a morgue doctor. From a young age Reneé found himself being taught many things about the human body, as well as customs for tending to the dead.

When school started Reneé's knowledge was deemed creepy and strange, and thus he was often left alone by the other kids, who feared hearing another creepy piece of trivia. It was about mid-way through his elementary school phase that he absorbed his first class C soul. This intensified his abilities enough that even his parents felt uncomfortable in his presence.

Reneé soon received his first video game, and from a young age he found the portable games absolutely fascinating, especially RPGs. By high-school Reneé was part-timing with his parents, where his primary power finally manifested in plain sight, his right eye igniting in the bluish-purple flames, and Reneé managing to save his father from an incinerator accident by dousing the flames with little more than his own will.

Reneé's parents had soon learned of the Black Moon Academy, and deciding that it might be a better place for Reneé to be taught at, had him enrolled as soon as they could.

Abilities: Soul-Fuelled Pyrokinesis: Simple, right? No? Reneé has the ability to manipulate, create, and withstand all forms of fire. However the intensity (and quality) of his flames and control are directly tied into how many souls he has absorbed (as well as the quality of soul, everyone has a different quality). His flames are also a rather disconcerting bluish-purple.

His ability, if magnified can cause weakness of the body, mind, and soul in all but the most resilient (and supernaturally touched) of humans, but this burns him out and dissolves consumed souls in the process, the weakest souls first.

Other: At the beginning of the RP Reneé has only absorbed 3 Class C, 12 Class D, and 30 Class E souls (these classes are based upon the quality of soul), and thus his powers are relatively weak (it takes many weak souls to create a strong flame)

Well, this is my... underwhelming return, I suppose. I doubt that I've managed to maintain my RP skills in my self-imposed exile, but hopefully they haven't completely waned.

Name: Priam Malack

Appearance:
"The first thing I noticed about the boy was how sickly he looked. I'm not surprised I see him going to the health office each morning. What does surprise me is that they let someone who seems so unhealthy into the school at all."
-Security guard at the school.

Priam is a tall fellow, standing at nearly six and a half feet, and also happens to be very thin - when he's not wearing a shirt of any kind, the outlines of his ribs are quite visible, and the bones in his arms can also be well outlined. His skin is rather pale, pale enough that it and his abilities led some people to call him "a human vampire." His face has a rather gaunt appearance - pale blue eyes that seem to be sunken into his skull, a thin, slightly round nose, and unkempt dark brown hair that goes to just before the base of his neck.

His clothing of preference is a dark red hooded long-jacket over a black shirt, grey pants, along with dark grey gloves that have a white ouroboros marking on the palm. He tends to carry several pairs of these gloves with him, for what he calls "safety measures." On the chance that one sees his hands without the gloves, they'd see that the uppermost joint of each finger has a small hole in it, no bigger than a penny. Clipped to his waist is a flask a little smaller than a 16 oz water bottle; the contents of that flask are the only thing he's seen ingesting on an average day.

Personality:
"Oh, he's a polite boy, but in all my time working here, I've rarely seen someone as quiet and withdrawn as he is. I don't think he said more than twenty-five words to me during our meeting."
-School Psychologist

In every school, there is always that one student that will always keep to himself, be it during a free period, a class, or even on nights where everyone else is out doing any activity of any kind. Priam is that kind of student - when in hallways, he's never seen chatting it up with other students, never exchanging notes on any given subject, and never even talking about his powers. Priam rarely talks unless first spoken to, and even then doesn't respond with more than two or three words on average.

Fittingly, Priam is also a stoic person, as one who frequently keeps to himself rarely shows emotions. The only real thing that could break this stoicism is persistently asking him a certain question: that is, what his life was like prior to the academy.

Biography:
"Based on his report, you'll need to make some... special arrangements if this boy is to join the Academy."
-Black Moon "talent scout"

Priam himself isn't sure how or even when his powers surfaced. All he knows for sure is that one day, he was living the life of a normal kid, the next, he was staring down at the body of his twin brother, horrified that the brother's death was his own fault.

But there is a lot about Priam that Priam himself is unaware of. The primary fact is that both he and his twin were part of an ongoing experiment - something that Priam's parents were pressured into under the pretext of a "greater good," conscripted for him and his brother before he was even born. This was a test to see if powers could be genetically implanted into someone that was born without them. Priam was the test subject, his twin the control - both were brought into a lab when they turned two, and Priam was injected with the substance that would plant the seed of his powers. Over the course of five years, Priam's food was laced with drugs that would move along the progress of this substance, while his twin was given untouched food.

The powers themselves awakened about eight years after Priam was first experimented upon - when Priam grabbed his twin's arm to show him something, the twin collapsed not long afterwards. Priam tried to help his brother up, but found that he couldn't remove his hand from his brother's wrist, as some claws had burst through his fingers to further strengthen the fatal grip. Within a matter of minutes, Priam's twin brother was a withered husk of a human being, and Priam, fearing the worst, fled from his home. When his parents returned about half an hour later, they knew what happened, and immediately contacted the group to alert them of the incident, and to initiate a search for Priam.

Priam had fled blindly into the sewers of the city where he lived, and while he didn't know what happened, he did know that he couldn't ever see his parents again, not after he killed his brother. He spent the following months merely trying to adjust to this life - learning how to sleep in places not fit for sleeping, how to hide from any figure of authority that might force him to how to scrounge for food with other homeless people in the city, but over the course of those months, he found that normal food grew less and less satisfying to him, and then even less edible.

It was after he found himself unable to swallow a normal roll of bread that Priam suspected and feared that he needed to use... new methods to try and sustain himself. He tested these suspicions that night, ambushing a nameless homeless man that was sound asleep. This man took longer to kill than his brother, but once he was dead, Priam felt more full than he had since even before his brother's death.

This, above all else, frightened him the most. For reasons beyond his own understanding, Priam was now a leech, a disgusting being that had to feed on other lives to sustain his own. Over the course of the years that followed, Priam tried to starve himself of this new sustenance, but when the hunger became too much to bear, he would go and find a person that appeared to be completely alone, drain them of their life force, and then flee into hiding again, hoping beyond hope that nobody would see what he had done.

And for a time, nobody did see him. But over the course of five years, as reports of random people turning up as dead husks filed in, the same group that had given Priam his powers realized that their experiment - who they thought perished - was still alive - they took action immediately, sending out a team to capture Priam before anything else could happen. Naturally, life being what it is, something happened.

That something was that someone - an old man - saw Priam perform a kill. Rather than flee in terror or call Priam some freak of nature, the man approached Priam with curiosity. "You've been through all kinds of hell, haven't you," he asked, "don't worry... I've been through hell too. But, if you'll let me, I can keep you from suffering anymore." Priam tried to explain his situation to the man, hoping to get the point across of how much of a hopeless case he was, but the man would have none of it, and brought Priam back to his home.

From there, the old man raised Priam as his own, teaching him things that he hadn't learned during his time on the streets. Of course, Priam would have to go out and kill someone to keep on living, but much like his time on the streets, he did what he could to minimize the amount of times he had to kill.

This went on for a little over two years. But by then, Priam's actions had caught the attention of the Black Moon. Their initial attempt at visiting him was shut down by the old man, who told them that Priam had already suffered enough. This happened again twice, after which the recruiters did some digging on Priam's past, and from there learned of what had happened to the boy. The fourth time they visited the old man and Priam, they promised the man that the Academy would do what it could to help Priam, and keep him from needing to kill for sustenance. Thus, Priam was brought to Black Moon Academy, but even his years with someone that accepted him failed to break the shell he'd built up. He knew, going in, that he would distance himself from the other students - after all, why try and get close to somebody when you have powers such as his?

Abilities:

"To live a life that he must live... I hope to whatever god that exists that you can help him find one where his curse can't hinder him."
-The Old Man

Priam possesses the ability to drain the life of whoever his hands touch. The Life Drain ability in of itself isn't too bad of an ability, but the problem Priam faces is that he can't turn it off: anyone that his hands touch will grow weak, and if contact is not broken within approximately thirty seconds, claws burst from the holes in his fingers, strengthening the grip he has on his target. He is capable of extending and retracting the claws at his leisure, but if they extend into a living being's skin, he can't retract them unless the target dies or he is pried away from the target by somebody else (including the target themselves, if they're strong enough). Draining life force is the only way he can sustain himself, so the Academy has prepared a special drink for him, made with a combination of human blood and various drugs and chemicals, which acts as a substitute for life force.

However, Priam has a bit of fine print to this ability, one that he himself isn't aware of: if he successfully drains the life of someone that has powers, he will also acquire those powers. That is what this group hoped to create: a human weapon, capable of overpowering others with powers. It's too bad that they didn't count on Priam having a free will of his own, as well as hating his powers and everything they've done to him.

Other: Phantom, if it's okay with you, I would like for the group to be the same company that Raisa's father is the head of (and if so, whether or not she knows about Priam's history is up to you.) Also, I support the idea of a social group.

Last edited:

Mmmmkay, following up on my reservation, entirely unsure if this is the character I actually want to use. But let's go.

Name: Katie O'Ryens

Appearance: Katie in one word is "average." She's a thin, lean college-age girl with medium-short-length wavy brown hair and a height just above the average. She doesn't put much stock in her appearance because her appearance isn't what's important to her; generally she can be seen wearing jeans, sneakers and a sweatshirt, though she has the potential to look absolutely stunning if she should find a need to.

Katie is rarely seen without a pair of reading glasses framing her deep, calming blue eyes, though she doesn't actually require them to read; with all of the white noise her powers draw from her surroundings, she finds that it helps her to concentrate.

Personality: Katie is a bookworm, but she's not a nerd and she isn't shy; at least, neither of those in the traditional sense. It may make sense to read her powers first, but anyhow; her vast intellect and propensity to think on higher levels than most of the people around her have made her existence a sadly lonely one. Conversations with most people tend to fail to hold her interest, and she began to feel that she was being rude, so she became more of a loner, preferring the company of books and knowledge than people. Her mind has an increased capacity for knowledge, so while she won't be building an arc reactor anytime soon, she could learn the theory pretty quickly, and instruct someone else on how to do it, theoretically. Essentially, she knows a lot about a lot of things, and she tries as hard as she can not to be a know-it-all. In fact, she's a very rational and mild-mannered person when she does find herself in conversations with others; she hates thinking that she could be bothering someone else on any level, and so she is constantly policing herself down to the slightest body language.

She is not unwilling to give advice to people who might ask it of her, but her ability to read multiple facets of someone's immediate thoughts causes her to give incredibly specific advice on things that may not have been mentioned out loud yet. As mentioned, she's remarkably rational and logical in her thought processes; however, as a result of extensively studying philosophy and constantly contemplating everything, Katie is also a realist, which is extremely useful in business situations, but can be offputting and depressing in personal situations.

Biography: Katie grew up on her own with her twin sister Kelly, who has an entirely different powerset (elasticity); their ordinary human parents died in an ordinary human car accident when the girls were seven, and their powers were still manifesting. They had no other family to live with, so were injected into a foster home, where they were constantly overlooked entirely, as Kelly's arm would droop longer and longer until it lay on the floor, or as Katie would suddenly slump into a comatose heap in her chair. At Kelly's behest, they ran off, Kelly using her pseudo-shapeshifting abilities to appear old enough to convincingly claim their inheritance and rent an apartment, and the two have been taking care of each other since.

Now that they are legitimately old enough to be living on their own, they have begun to branch out and embrace their individual lives; Kelly is attending the college back home, while Katie graduated her sophomore year and is continuing her studies and research on her own. Unlike most of its students, Katie wrote the Black Moon Academy herself to request enrollment, finding it to be the largest institute conducting studies on the supernatural and being increasingly curious about the subject as a whole. She plans to spend as much time as possible in the school's library.

Abilities: Katie has a massively increased brain capacity, which she uses and has used to absorb as much knowledge as possible. She is also capable of thinking on multiple levels at once, though she likes to stick to three because of the running symbolism of the number; at any time, she could be planning that night's dinner, reviewing a road map of the town she's in, and forming opinions on causal determinism, all at the same time. Finally, Katie can read minds in the immediate vicinity, though only the present state of them. However, while this may seem almost useless, her powers extend to the subconscious of the mind, meaning that she can also see ulterior motives, hidden worries and the like. Essentially, she can not be lied to; there can certainly be mental blocks in place by other powers, but the mind on its own can not hide anything from her. This is all child's play, though, until she falls asleep.

Katie has what I can only best describe as Mindwalking abilities. While it used to only manifest when she fell asleep naturally, Katie has learned to control her state of consciousness to there point where she can instantly slump to the floor and release her consciousness into the world around her.

While Mindwalking, Katie is for all intents and purposes a ghost; she has no coherent visible form, instead appearing as a sort of lighter patch in the universe, vaguely shaped like a floating person. This is only the natural, instinctual state however, as she can voluntarily become either visible or invisible entirely. Her subconscious, interestingly, has always portrayed her visible Mindwalking form as a beautiful version of herself, clad in a billowing dress and with long, flowing hair. She is able to fly in any direction at impressive speeds, though nothing as ridiculous as "the speed of light" or anything; most of the time, an average car will outpace her. She is also noncorporeal, and can phase through the majority of non-supernatural materials. She can possess living things with weak mental resistance; animal consciousnesses are not quite the same as humans', though either way this isn't an ability she prefers to use.

By flying through someone or something very quickly, she can effectively "punch" it/them, about the equivalent of Batman punching someone wearing bulletproof armor. Enough to hurt, enough to knock someone over, enough to possibly break a moderately weak wooden barricade, but hardly anything that will cause lasting damage. However, Katie realized, after she discovered this ability, that it stands to reason that for this to work, she must exist on some sort of physically manipulateable lever. Therefore, while she is invulnerable to general physical assault, she is most likely vulnerable to manipulation of the air she inhabits, namely extreme heat or fire, lasers or any sort of weaponized light, and quite probably a wide array of supernatural-based powers she has yet to encounter. She's not a risk-taker in the slightest, so while her powers definitely have limits--they have to have limits, don't they? Nobody can just have limitless power--she hasn't been foolish enough to push herself to them, because she does not know what will happen. She has discovered a consistent weakness to silver, though if it isn't pure silver its effects are significantly diminished.

(side note: when Mindwalking, if she's hit with something in the right arm, it will hurt/damage her just as much as if she was hit in the head. The consciousness has no differentiation between the parts of its visual manifestation, it is an abstract force with no vital areas. The heart, therefore, is not a kill shot, but the foot, conversely, is not a blow to be shrugged off)

While Mindwalking, Katie's physical form becomes comatose, which is simply how her vocabulary allows her to explain to people that she is for all intents and purposes dead while her consciousness is removed. She slumps into a motionless heap, with no medically detectable brain activity, no pulse, and no heartbeat. There is a weak, supernaturally-detectable psychic charge left over bouncing around her brain that is linked to her consciousness, which allows the reconvergence of the physical and spiritual forms; to get the bodily functions kickstarted, a full three minutes at least is required before functionality of the body returns. If the brain is damaged or "killed" while the consciousness is outside of it, the consciousness will die as well. If the body is moved while comatose, Katie's consciousness will have to find it before she can reinhabit it; there is no "psychic beacon" homing technique, it is all memory-based. Any injuries sustained while comatose unrelated to the brain will not affect Katie until reconvergence, as her bodily functions are shut down. Open wounds will not bleed until the blood flow is kickstarted, broken bones will not hurt until the nervous system is reactivated, etc.

Katie also has extremely little physical strength.

Other: Katie is ambidextrous, has had her tonsils removed and has a more resilient immune system than average.

MY JESUS. You people can deliver.

There's a possibility of a delay for an extra day, because if I wait that extra day, I'll have the rest of the week free. But I'm still pretty much counting on starting ASAP.

So 10 members and two reserves, that's great. :3 I'll wait for any more forms to come in, work on some personal projects, and we'll see how it all comes together at the start.

Name: Gundam Tanaka

Appearance: Gundam is just barely over five feet tall (182 centimeters, to be precise) and dresses quite distinctively; his typical outfit (which he doesn't stray from, much) is a pair of black pants, a black jacket, and a white shirt with a purple stylized cross on it; he'd say it's more of an indication of his own divinity. He also wears a long purple scarf going down below his waist at all times, as it's where his "hamsters" live most of the time. He has a scar across his left eye, undoubtedly from one of his earlier encounters with animals gone wrong; while that eye is grey, he puts a red color contact in his right one. He takes care in slicking up and styling his hair, which is black with gray streaks. Here's some official art from SDR2.

Personality: Someone like Gundam is best described as, most simply and uninformatively, quirky. He prefers the company of animals to those of humans; most times he attempts to bond with people, he ends up failing miserably. Afraid of being rejected, he puts on a callous exterior and maintains that he is superhuman; even more super than the students at Black Moon Academy, now (notably, he's much more human than the other students, not being one with powers himself). Over time, he's convinced himself that socialization is impossible; he gives up at every rejection and if none is given, he makes it himself. Even so, he does desire friendship... although even at its best, it's given in a high and mighty, almost petulant way. It's just the way he talks.

Biography: Gundam grew up much more normally than his fellow students, for better or for worse. While his talents as an animal breeder are widely recognized, something like that just isn't superhuman; super duper high school, maybe. But even before that, his preference for animals was quite evident. Hiding in the nurse's office at school, standing alone on the playground... luckily for him, he quickly learned to smuggle in his pets for companionship and mischief.

Eventually, as he grew, he discovered more and more about animals--he became a recognized authority. Knowledge doesn't equal superpowers, though, in the case of Black Moon Academy. Instead, his invitation letter came from the abilities of his hamsters.

Even Gundam doesn't know where his hamsters got his powers, or precisely how they work. He's analyzed them, and like himself, he's come up with the explanation that they are otherworldly. He proclaims this openly, without being prompted. For better or for worse, though, most people don't immediately believe someone telling them that their pets have superpowers, or are divine in general. Still, the consistent pattern of... incidents... that happen around him could not be ignored. A fire here, a demolished PETA building there... eventually, Black Moon Academy did send a letter. Were they under the impression that Gundam himself was the one that had these powers? Probably. It's not something that bothered Gundam, though. After all, he already considered himself supernatural.

Abilities: Gundam is an extremely talented animal breeder, but his true powers come from his pets, those he calls the Four Dark Gods of Destruction.

The first is Jum-P, the "Mirage Silver Falcon", as he calls him. He has the ability to change into, you guessed it, a silver peregrine falcon at will; however, as the mirage name implies, only Gundam can see him as anything other than a hamster. Jum-P also shields the other three Dark Gods, and keeps almost all abilities displayed by them invisible. It's not an intensely energy-consuming ability, but he only does it when he's conscious. The second is the "Star-destroyer Grey Fox", Sun-D. Unfortunately, her powers do not actually live up to their name; for now, however, she can light up or darken the immediate space around her (about a yard all around) as well as transform. While all of the Four Dark Gods can freely choose what size they become when they transform, Jum-P and Sun-D prefer to become about an average size for their new forms; they usually see no need for becoming fifty feet tall.

Cham-P, the "Invading Black Dragon", and Maga-G, the "Steel Red Elephant", are the more offensive Dark Gods of Destruction. Cham-P has the typical powers of a dragon, flight and fire-breathing; however, like Maga-G, he tends to transform to a much lesser height and stature than is generally expected of his species. That is, he prefers to stay hamster-sized. Maga-G tends to be restricted to how large the room he's in is, being an elephant. While he has to compromise most of the time, he's tough, and the steel armor he has makes him quite formidable.

Other: A social group sounds excellent.

Last edited:

Holy crap, everybody sounds freaking awesome!

And dark.

And WHY GASMASKS?! I'M STILL TERRIFIED OF GASMASKS BECAUSE OF DOCTOR WHO!

I swear, if Vidal asks ANYTHING to do with his or anyone's mother...

Back
Top Bottom