• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Oldest Pokemon

009.png

Shell the Blastoise, Lv.100. He's in my Blue version, and has been since...2000 I think (might even been '99)

2003 Furret, I think. I regret having restarted my Crystal file... it was my first every Pokemon game. ;_;

However, looking through Stadium 2's boxes, I am shocked to find so many Porygon. o.o

Probably Marais, my Swampert from Emerald. I think I've had him since 2005-2006ish? I restarted the majority of my games, so I can't remember.

Mine's probably Espeon, which is from Colosseum, which I have been trading from version to version. I restart most of my games eventually anyway, but this Espeon is the one that has survived the most. I would count Pikachu from Yellow, but since I don't even play on the older games any more, I would only count Pokémon on games that I still play regularly.

Uh, I have two, I think. A Sandslash and Salamence from Ruby, buuuut I'm not sure where the Sandslash is, probably gone. The Salamence is on Pearl.

It would have been my Blastoise from Blue, but I restarted it for some reason and it's corrupted, so I guess it's my Blastoise I traded over to Platinum, Scollie, level 64.

I'm not sure how recent my Gold file is, but it's probably more recent than a Latios from my first-ever file of Ruby (I caught him in '04 or '05). My Blaziken would qualify as older - since he was the first Pokémon I ever had, my starter on Sapphire - but he got lost when I forgot to trade him back from Sapphire when I gave the game to a friend. I'm not sure how I rescued Latios and my friend's Rayquaza (the Rayquaza is from her Ruby file and was given to me in 2004) but forgot about the Blaziken. The Latios has been traded around through numerous Ruby files (I started that game over a lot, for various reasons) and Sapphire; he currently is one of four Pokémon in the whole of my Ruby file: the other three are a Wurmple, a level three Zigzagoon and my friend's Rayquaza. I don't really want to Pal Park him into D/P/P anytime soon (especially since the Latis will likely be available in HG/SS).

Hmm, one of two. It could be an extremely poorly-nicknamed Charizard a friend of mine traded me...back in '01? (The nickname is CharCharPKMN, by the way, with the PK and MN symbol thingies. Didn't like that nickname even then.) ...Can't even remember which game he ended up on or if he's even still around. Either Red, in which case the save with him has likely been deleted, or Crystal, in which case he's safe until the internal battery dies.

If that Charizard isn't still around, though (and he probably isn't), it's my Feraligatr on Crystal, whom I've had since at least '02. I can't remember the exact level--he was level 93 for so long that that's the only level that comes to mind when I think of him. I love that Pokémon, though; he faithfully followed me throughout my journeys and never so much as rose an eyebrow during my crazy stunts--such as breeding a million FarFetch'd and releasing them all into the wild because the Pokédex entry said they were endangered. (He protested quite a bit when I insisted on taking on the Elite Four with nothing but Pay Day and half a dozen Persians, though...)

Last edited:
Probably the ones on my Crystal save file (I think it was Crystal, anyway... I know I found one of my 2nd-gen games a while back and was kind of amazed that it still worked, since Gold's battery has been dead for years.)

So... probably my oldest Pokémon are from somewhere around 2002 or 2003, I guess. Unless I have a Red/Blue/Yellow save file that's older than that (I know that all of my 1st-gen games are miraculously still working, but I'm not sure if any of their files are actually older than the Crystal one. Their save files got restarted a lot... sometimes without my consent when my little sister snatched my Gameboy while I wasn't looking.)

My oldest one that still exists... is hard to say. I had to delete a few of them. probably my first sceptile, from whatever year ruby/ sapphire came out. (I had to get rid of my Red version, and I re-start my Gold version a lot)

Well, I guess my very oldest Pokémon in these games would be my Umbreon and Espeon from Colosseum. Yup.

I tend to restart most of my games, so probably my oldest is from... 2007? When I stopped playing my RBYGSC games. D:

My first Pokemon was a Sceptile on Ruby, Rescuer, but I lost my Ruby somehow. I also had Rescuer the Blaziken on Sapphire, but he was erased. So, I guess that makes my oldest Pokemon Rescuer the Swampert, from Emerald, transferred onto Diamond. He's my highest-leveled Pokemon, along with Ray the Rayquaza from the same game.

Yeah, I ramble too much about really simple things, and also name three completely different Pokemon the exact same thing.

My oldest Pokemon is Hera the Gardevoir from way back in 2006, from my Emerald version. I remember that I had decided to ditch my starter for another Pokemon once I got Pokeballs, and lo and behold, the first thing I ran into was a female Ralts.

I later transferred her to my Pearl version, where I managed to get her up to Lv. 100, then I traded her to my Platinum version where she is today because I have yet to send her to SoulSilver. And when I get B/W, she'll be transferred onto there too.

That would be something on my Red version back from '97 or so. Or whenever it came out. I still have that original save file, my very first playthrough. My team, as I remember it from memory since I'm terrified of draining the battery and losing it all, is Pikachu, Jolteon, Omastar, Dragonite, Mewtwo, and Mew. I'm honestly not sure what happened to my Blastoise... anyway, Pikachu would probably be the oldest one I have, unless you want to count Omastar in his fossil state.

That would have to be my Blaziken from my very first Sapphire file. Probably in Diamond right now, I think - I doubt I've moved her to Platinum yet =x

I still have quite a few Pokémon from very first play of Sapphire =]

Back
Top Bottom