• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Your Oldest Pokemon

My oldest Pokémon is probably my Shaymin that I got from preordering Platinum

I am such a newfag aren't I.

In my possession... I think my Blaziken from Emerald? *checks*

Well, in terms of ones caught in-game it's obviously my starter (now Pingu the female Empoleon <3) but oddly enough the oldest Pokemon I have is a Mothim. =/ The name says ANDREW, so either I got it in a trade or I traded it from my Diamond...? No, I'm pretty sure that it MUST have been a trade. Weird.

My first game, Emerald, still holds my first Blaziken (But there are like a bajilion clones on DPPt) and my Lombre, who are partners in crime awesomeness and have been since 2005

There names are Tortchy..5 and LOMBRE (When we tried to name Blaziken, we thought you had to use one thing from each section, and we spelt "Torchy" wrong. But the name sticks. We never bothered to change it, and never will.)

EDIT: And special mentions to SWABLU the Swablu, a trusted companion to Tortchy..5 and LOMBRE, and also to Landmine, the Groudon, and Daddy, the Sandslash. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!

Last edited:
I have a Venusaur on FireRed, (which I had gotten before Ruby/Sapphire) and I've had that game since a long time ago. Which makes Venusaur, I dunno 5 years old?

I also have my very first Pokemon game still, which was Yellow. Pikachu is 7 years old at this point, I believe (I may or may not have forgotten basic addition and subtraction skills).

So I guess they're both technically still in my possession.

Pearl is out of my interest, all of my Platinum Pokemon are rather same-aged, Soul Silver isn't interesting and Heart Gold isn't interesting until I can trade over those waiting Pokemon (a Cyndaquil and a Butterfree and a Hoppip [how could I forget?]).

I think it would be Storm (Prinplup, traded to my friend's Heart Gold), but I don't know. Possibly him, or Ginrugia (yeah, I think my Giratina is a female. Crikey) who is a level 69.

My first Pokemon from my first Pokemon game, Red...

Sparky the Charizard.

YES, SPARKY. >:C NOT FLAMEY, NOT BLAZE, SPARKY.

Probably a Typhlosion that I called Inferno on my Silver. He's like 9 years old. However I don't think my Silver works anymore, so then I would say my Swampert on Ruby.

My oldest Pokemon is a Blaziken, obtained from the third restart of my Pokemon Ruby that I tried. This Blaziken (nicknamed BLazIkEn for no good reason) also happens to be the first-ever Pokemon that I specially EV-trained, and its Attack and Speed stats are maxed out. I can't remember its moves at the moment and can't be bothered to check my Platinum in which this epic flaming chicken now resides, but I will never, EVER trade it away or consciously erase a save file without trading this amazing featherclad kickboxer to the newest installment of the Pokemon franchise.

Probably Amie, my female Charizard who has migrated to Platinum. She's from my first Pokemon game, which was Fire Red ...

My Swampert, whom I named Squirt. ^^

I can't remember how old I was when I started playing, but I was in middle school. Borrowed my friend's Emerald version for a while, and then got Sapphire and started with my Mudkip. :D

On Pokemon Red (first ever game wooo), it'd be Ringleader the Wartortle, my first Pokemon ever. I managed to get a Squirtle egg from my cousin on HG, and it ended up being shiny.

On HG, it's... ooh... probably Nixstar the Blaziken from Sapphire.

Most probably a Blaziken from Ruby, which has survived more than one restart and is now I think (being unable to check the OT/ID right now) part of my main ruby team. I probably started that file somewhere in the first part of 2004.

My oldest is probably Cheese, my Blastoise who's currently stuck in my Pokemon Stadium game, and will most likely never leave it. I do check on him and the other Pokemon saved there for nostalgia reasons though.

My oldest used to be my Pearl version Torterra, since she'd been my starter, but that file got deleted somehow. So now it's my Emerald Sceptile.

I still have my Red cartridge with my FIRST pokémon ever. Venusaur. Believe it or not, that awesome guy took out 3 Dragonites and a Charizard with a combination of Tackle and Razor Leaf

Back
Top Bottom