• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Metalos vs. davy

Mai

Banned
1vs1 single
Style: Set
DQ: 1 week
Damage Cap: 25%
Banned Moves: OHKO's, moves that recover HP directly, but 2 chills allowed.
Arena: Cordoned Alley

... you really shouldn't be here, and you know it. It's the middle of the night in the middle of a crowded city, and somehow, in your ignorance you missed reading the many signs telling you, in bold CAPITAL letters, that this area has been cordoned off by the police inspectors. Seriously, how the hell did you miss it? It was in yellow and black! Those colours are supposed to mean DANGER!

This dirty little alleyway is a horrible sight. Tucked away behind two buildings where no-one should have to lay eyes on it, one of them is a four-star restaurant, and the other one a classy hotel covered in bright neon lights. Almost as if they're trying to make up for the presence of this hideous little corner by showing off their glamour, eh? Try as they might though, the dazzling hues of green and amber can't quite hide the splatters of blood on the walls, and they actually accentuate the chalk outline on the ground, making the edges glow, like... like some kind of sick leftover from a rave... or something... just who did this anyway!?

Wandering this crime scene really isn't a good idea. You could get caught and mistaken for the killer returning to the scene, or worse, he could ACTUALLY return and find you. Another chalk outline would liven up the dingy alleyway even more - but it wouldn't be in your better interests, I think. You should get out of here now before you get involved.

Oh but hey! There's still time for a battle, right? Even in the most dangerous places, with sirens screeching in your not-so-distant vicinity, you can spare some time to battle some random guy you just locked eyes with! Of course!

I swear, this is the most idiotic...

Other: My first time ever posting a challenge. I'm looking for other people who are just starting out as well, preferably.

Metalos' Squad

Reneur the Male Chimchar
Ability: Blaze

Kronee the Female Murkrow
Ability: Insomnia
Item: Dusk Stone

Malkin the Male Gastly
Ability: Levitate

davy's Squad

Eltriuqs the Male Squirtle
Ability: Torrent

Ronar the Male Aron
Ability: Rock Head

Lygast the Female Gastly
Ability: Levitate

---

Metalos sends first, davy sends and attacks, then Metalos attacks. For reference, I'm using Negrek's calculator (including EXP; none of them have any) and Kratos' status-scale.

Say now... a battle at the scene of a most henious and deplorable crime?

092.gif

This looks like a task uniquely suited for you, Malkin! Or should I say, given the circumstances? Inspector Malkin! (this title is in no way official!)
Keep your suspicions about you, my spectral associate. This is your debut... and we wouldn't want it to be a dissapointment, now would we?

... perish the thought! Of course we wouldn't!

Okay then, I'll send out Ronar!

304.gif

If Malkin Protects, Phases or is in another way inaccessible (does not include sub's) use Hone Claws. If you would be hit by a super effective move that would inflict at least 13% damage use Protect, but never twice in a row. In any other case, use Iron Tail.

Iron Tail/Hone Claws/Protect~Iron Tail/Hone Claws/Protect~Iron Tail/Hone Claws/Protect

Malkin, I'm sure I don't need to remind you that we are being serious here. That being the case... I see no reason to fight in an honourable manner.

We shall not hide, and we shall not run. Not yet. Instead of obliging him with an act of brute force... Malkin, perform the rites necessary to place a terrible Curse on this ruffian who would think himself fit to battle you. Do not run from his attack... first, allow it to strike you, and then use Pain Split on him. Give him a taste of his own brutal medicine, eh? Then you may simply relax, take a break, Chill all you like until the end of the round.

Now, in the event that he does use the move Protect at any time? Switch the order of when you use Pain Split and Chill. And remember! Try to let him hit you before you use Pain Split. Yes, I know you're faster! You're dead. It won't kill you to slow down for once.

Curse ~ Pain Split/Chill ~ Chill/Pain Split

Last edited:
If Malkin is able to use pain split, does that mean that we can use moves learnt in any generation?

You have 5 actions here... I think you mean this;

Curse ~ Pain Split/Chill ~ Chill/Curse/Pain split

It just limits the amount of damage that can be dealt to any pokemon on any given round. This doesn't count life loss through the use of substitutes and so on.

Back
Top Bottom