• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

NaNoWriMo 2010

Yeah, see. You seem to be putting it as a signature widget instead of doing what you should be doing with it. Make sure your signature's not in WYSIWYG mode and paste [*img]http://www.nanowrimo.org/widget/graph/670386.png[/img*] without the asterisks where you want the widget to go. Then it'll update automatically.

Ah, I get it now. Thank you!

Didn't write much yesterday because of swimming and homework and then when I finally started writing my sister was like HEY DID YOU WATCH GLEE YET.

Ffffffffff.

Lazy, I know, but I GOT THIS GUYS. I'm going to agree with Kratos Aurion and say that I really don't feel so comfortable about my work but I'm getting more consistent! The beginning needs much revision before it should see the light of day, though.

AGH I didn't write for days because I had horrible writer's block. Now I just want to move on to the cool scene in my head but I know that'll make the book too fast. How do writers do it?!

I'M CATCHING UP GUYS

SLOWLY BUT SURELY

YEAH :DDDDD

This thread just incites capitals in me. So much enthusiasm~ And love~

CAN YOU FEEL THE LOVE TONI- *shot*

AGH I didn't write for days because I had horrible writer's block. Now I just want to move on to the cool scene in my head but I know that'll make the book too fast. How do writers do it?!

Skip ahead and write the part that's blocking you later. I know some people prefer writing each chapter/scene/etc. sequentially, but if not knowing what to write for one part is stopping you cold, write whatever is working/will make you feel better/etc.. Leave the part that's stumping you for later when you've had more time to think about it. (This doesn't work as well if that part is crucial to the part you want to write and you don't have enough information to skip ahead, but it sounds like you do.)

Last edited:
The thing I hate about my parents forcing me to change rooms is that I need to get off the computer when they go to sleep. :/ And they go to sleep at 9, so I can't use all my time as much as I'd wish. But I wrote a ton and I'm getting slowly closer to being on track with all of you guys again~

UGH. Only typed 1200 words today—But I have an excuse!

My dad takes courses from a comunity college, and they require him to do things at home on a windows.Why the produce doesn't work with mac I don't know. Anyway, since the computer I have the novel on is also the only one that can run the program (It has windows/mac configuration), he hogged it for about six hours today. Leaving me with only an hour to write.

_Excuse_.

In related news, I will now e putting the number of words in my novel down in my sig.

No, it's fine. Seriously. No big loss, except for if my replacement doesn't hold the team back. Seroiusly.

Eh, you're actually right. I did have a complete rough draft, chapter for chapter, on paper. That is, apparently, cheating, and I accept the consequences. However, I will continue to write and post my story—if only to get reader comments. I'm sorry...But it's fine! With me, anyway.
We're not trying to discourage you from NaNoWriMo or anything, its just, you know, with the word war its kinda unfair to the people who haven't done anything with their stories.

Almost reached 18,000 now. Kind of slacked off a bit during the day (though I did finish Chapter 5!) since I got so far ahead last night, but I'm still around a day ahead of the target wordcount. I actually wrote over 2000 words today, at least if you count the parts I had done by 1 AM last night.

the story excerpt with the magical regrowing hymen

This makes me wonder if other mostly-unnecessary body parts that people usually end up losing (tonsils, appendix, etc.) might also grow back. Of course, those probably wouldn't be quite as easy to notice, so I guess they'd go unmentioned even if they did come back.

(Also... no expert on female anatomy here, being a male virgin and all, but... wouldn't the regenerating hymen thing mean there'd be a bit of pain and bleeding every time? Not that it would really come up often for a non-sexually-active teenager, but still...)

Writer's block time!

Also, my mom thinks I'm spending too much time in front of the computer. I wonder why.

I knew something would start to go wrong on the second week.

On the plus side, I have the second-highest word count in my team. I NEVER THOUGHT I'D LIVE TO SEE THE DAY.

HIIKARU you're so happy ;.; how do you do this. I need to buy one of those miniature Hiikaru figurines so I stop slacking.

Yayyayyay Arylett! I think you're at the highest word count of the people in the groups so far! :D

Editing during the month is generally a bad idea, but I think you've got it under control! It's probably a lot more useful if you're using the editing to patch things for later instead of fixing grammar and sentence structure and everything. If it helps you plot things out and you're doing this well with that strategy, then there's probably no problem. Good job!

~~~~~~~~ Yayyyyy everyone's doing great! :DDDDDD ~~~~~
I swear, I want a mini-Hiikaru too. Or some sort of greeting card that I open and it screams YOU'RE DOING AWESOME KEEP GOING WRITE STUFF in a Hiikaru way.

I'm the weirdest editor out there. I've been editing for grammar and sentence structure as well, and I actually went after I finished reviewing my story and ADDED 200 words. How the heck do I do that? I really don't know. But somehow, editing for me makes MORE words rather than less. If I subtract something, I tend to add more than enough to make up for it. Thank you, I shall keep up the good workings. :3

Good God, the review took forever though. I'm glad I finished it, and managed to write an entirely new segment too! And what a segment it was. I had a bit of a block for what the new segment would contain, but... going back to review my story actually inspired me with new content and to expand on a seemingly minor concept. Now I'm almost up to 20K! I'd write more, but I have another headache and it really hurts, so I should go to bed. The way this story's shaping up, it seems like it's going to be much longer than 50,000... I've waffled about much longer in one part of it than I thought and I still have a lot more content that I know is coming up. I'll probably have to continue it after NaNo.

This makes me wonder if other mostly-unnecessary body parts that people usually end up losing (tonsils, appendix, etc.) might also grow back. Of course, those probably wouldn't be quite as easy to notice, so I guess they'd go unmentioned even if they did come back.

(Also... no expert on female anatomy here, being a male virgin and all, but... wouldn't the regenerating hymen thing mean there'd be a bit of pain and bleeding every time? Not that it would really come up often for a non-sexually-active teenager, but still...)

She hasn't lost either of those, so that's not an issue for my protagonist. ... Yet.

(Yes. Every time. Unless it doesn't break and we're just slipping past it here. It's possible! Just as well she doesn't like boys or I'm sure this would be a slightly more difficult issue.)

MAGICAL GIRL LESBIANS

<33333

... I wish I wasn't so annoyed with my novel ; ; I just ... it's not

like, it won't write itself any more. ; ; I just want to ... I don't even know. I think I'm bored with the characters.

OH WELL TIME FOR A FLASHBACK TO 5000BC

ugh, I've already started on NaNoisms.

Seriously, what was wrong with maybe not timing the amount of time the stupid teabag steeped, or accidentally adding a whole instead of a half-teaspoon of sugar? Would the world suddenly spontaneously combust?

That's a bit redundant there, Ana. (Yes. I've been waffling on about tea-making for about 300 words.)

... well

I mean

at least you're not padding your chapters with flashbacks to 5000BC simply because you're too bored of your characters to continue writing the actual story

I mean the flashback is plotty but um it's not supposed to take over the chapter ; ;

I'm the weirdest editor out there. I've been editing for grammar and sentence structure as well, and I actually went after I finished reviewing my story and ADDED 200 words. How the heck do I do that? I really don't know. But somehow, editing for me makes MORE words rather than less. If I subtract something, I tend to add more than enough to make up for it. Thank you, I shall keep up the good workings. :3

I've been occasionally going back and changing entire scenes around because I don't like the way they fit with later scenes. I actually lost around fifty words because I had to change a certain scene around. Even though this is my NaNo, and editing NaNos is a bad idea! x3x

My daily writing goes significantly faster than it has the previous two years, to the point where I can get 1667 words completed in ~45 minutes (occasionally less). In previous years it has taken me hours, in part because my ADD kicks in (why it doesn't kick in now is anyone's guess) and in part because I ACTUALLY HAVE A PLOT THIS YEAR. And a plot outline. 8D

Back
Top Bottom