• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [NIGHT 0]

Just a feeling...I know it was supposed to be a joke, but what about if the unlucky healers referred to her herself while she was trying to make it out as sarcasm?

... Yes, I was being sarcastic.

There's no reason to specifically suspect anyone at this point, but that's why I said 'random!lynch' of an inactive player.

Hmm, you may be on to something.

POSTNINJA'D: with a game this big, randylynching may be a good idea, now that I think about it.

Just a feeling...I know it was supposed to be a joke, but what about if the unlucky healers referred to her herself while she was trying to make it out as sarcasm?

Are you claiming that I'm a healer? ... Then I'm innocent, and it would be ridiculous to lynch me. Wtf?

... So I'm an evil healer.

Uh, okay. ~That makes sense.~ Don't you think you're kind of trying too hard to push the mafia tag onto someone? Considering the roles are secret, you might be part of that informed minority, ne?

I dunno, I wouldn't put it past Butterfree to include a mafia doctor--I've seen other games with them, and one I was planning also included that role.

I agree that he's grasping at straws, so if there is a mafia doc I see no reason to automatically assume you're that over the dozens of other possibilities. Just saying that it's not unheard of.

...I think Superbird is getting at you are mafia, and that you were unlucky when the healers killed one of you. As in-not healer at all. But mafia healer makes...sense. I'm now going to dig through TV Tropes to find something...

Found it.

Last edited:

...i'm probably being stupid here, but... what Kratos is saying kinda hints that he is Mafia. It sounds fishy to me, I don't know why.

...excuse my newbie lameness at mafia

Okay, a mafia doctor role could happen, but I don't see a use for that. If we assume res was the don, then if I was the mafia doctor, wouldn't I have protected him? :S

Superbird just seems to be accusing me because I claimed that healers both targeting the same person was unlucky, which technically it is. Okay, res was mafia and they were lucky. My apologies. :(

...i'm probably being stupid here, but... what Kratos is saying kinda hints that he is Mafia. It sounds fishy to me, I don't know why.

...excuse my newbie lameness at mafia

What about what I said hints that who is mafia?

...i dont know it just sounded like something mafia would say ;.;

What I said, or what I said someone else (presumably Superbird) said? I'm not following you. All I recall saying is "there could be a mafia doctor" and "Superbird seems overeager", neither of which seems all that poignant to me.

If it's just a gut feeling then whatever, that's fine, but if it's more than that--if you're saying that either Superbird or myself is particularly suspicious and you want other people to buy it--then what you should do is explain why it's bothering you.

Last edited:

D: Four pages...I am in an unfortunate time zone. I have to read the thread a bit more, but for now I'm posting to say I'm here.

I've always really been against randy!lynching unless it was a dire situation, and I'm honestly not stopping now.
And I really don't get why the suspicions are being pinned on Tailsy and Kratos Aurion. Superbird does seem to be strange, suddenly blaming Tailsy for what was meant to be a sarcastic joke. For all I know, Tailsy might actually be mafia, but there is a chance that she might be an important factor to the innocents.
Then again, lynching on a slight whim and a sarcasic comment was really fishy.

But since I'm just stating the overly obvious here (and I can't even find good tropes for my comments), abstaining it is.

Ok, back.

Agreeing that Superbird is being suspicious; you don't decide to lynch people because you have a gut feeling. It's just not how Mafia goes. And even if Tailsy is Mafia, I don't think she's the type to randomly drop hints telling us that she's a Mafia doctor or something.

However, it's possible that sreservoir activated an alien and then got shot by someone. Then it's possible that Superbird is Obfuscating Stupidity.

And there's also the probability sreservoir committed suicide for some random reason due to some unknown ability.

Or maybe sreservoir is an innocent who, also due to some random ability, will show up as Mafia when dead.

Ahhhh there's so many possibilities!

Yes, I'm if favor of lynching. Tailsy, to be exact. Personally, I think she's been showing...how you say...a little too much knowledge, like at the beginning, where she said "unlucky healers". It may have looked like sarcasm, but I don't think she was kidding. Maybe we can get a mafia off our hands?

Just a hunch.

I don't think that shows much suspicion. Also, if she were mafia, how would she draw that conclusion anyway? If she "knew" of the unlucky healers then she'd probably be the healer, not mafia.

Back
Top Bottom