• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

TV Tropes Mafia [DAY 7]

Re: TV Tropes Mafia [NIGHT 0]

That is true, Tailsy. But still, we could possibly lose an innocent, and even with 50 players, it could mean the Mafia winning.

Voting to lynch someone makes them talk (usually) which can give us some more information.

That rarely results in useful information when you as good as up and tell them "we're only nominating you to make you post". You need to wait until you have a concrete suspicion (or at least bluff and claim that you do), so that they'll really feel a need to explain themselves instead of saying "Oh, no, I'm here!" or "what do I need to defend myself for, you don't even claim to have anything on me". Otherwise you might as well be upfront about it and really mean to lynch the dead weight.

And anyway, while I don't mind going after lurking players in general, isn't it just a little early in the day for that? With only 48 hours we obviously can't wait forever, but just because someone doesn't post the very first time they view the new day thread doesn't mean they're automatically suspect.

...Jesus. I know it's to be expected with this many people, but three pages already?
This is why Mom shouldn't keep me out all day.

Lucky shot; a dead mafioso. With a game this huge, it could be any number of possibilities. Although first I suppose it needs to be asked, since no one else has. Will the flavor text reveal any hints about what someone died from?

Plus, alot of them know that discussion directors are usually the first to go on the Mafia checklist. The mafia scares people outof talking, and they, disguised as the good, rational and worn out survivors, casually whittle away the innocents at double speed.

I doubt accidentally lynching one innocent would automatically mean mafia win - after all, we're likely to have more mafia than assumed, so it'll end up being a EVIL VS EVIL

or something

Anyway, I think that it's best we lynch.

EDIT: I HATE YOU GUYS

Lynching means we whittle down the slow players earlier, because waiting around is fucking boring. Yeah, we don't have anything to go on, but unless someone reveals their role we'll almost never have anything to go on! And nobody's dumb enough to do that on the first day.
IMO, after 24 hours we can vote to lynch. Surely you should be able to post at least once in a day.

What I meant was, if we lose an innocent, even in a big game, the loss of innocents could trigger a Mafia win in the long run, since we don't know the excact number of Mafia.

Will the flavor text reveal any hints about what someone died from?

- The flavor text posted at the end of a day or night can be indicative of how somebody died. There may even be details that have meaning for certain roles but not for others. However, again, never assume in this game.

And yes I'm for lynching, but not yet. Tomorrow afternoon/evening seems a good time to look at who hasn't posted yet.

EDIT: Grr time zones. I mean, sometime around 24-30 hours from the time the day started.

What I meant was, if we lose an innocent, even in a big game, the loss of innocents could trigger a Mafia win in the long run, since we don't know the excact number of Mafia.

Seeing as we seem to have a rather poor band of mafia, I don't think they'll be too hard to displace...

Butterfree, is lynching on a plurality or a majority (as in, do we only need a lead of votes to lynch or 25 or more)? If it's the second, I don't see how we're going to even be able to lynch. And three pages of things before I get home from school pretty much covers all I have to say. :P

I'd assume that once 48 hours is up, whoever has the most votes would be lynched regardless.

Okay so I'm here. Rehash time!

So res is dead and was mafia. I think it was another mafia, as it's very likely there are several mafia factions. But of course there are so many options that it really doesn't matter.

Guys, I just realized. We have secret roles, true? It might be that even the Mafia doesn't know who each other are.

Oh hey, a mafia death. Popping in just to see. Maybe this mafia was an unfortunate ineffectual sympathetic mafia member who couldn't defend itself from a murderer.

As most have said, there's not much to go by on this first day. What are the possible causes of a mafia death, though? Multiple factions seems slightly unlikely. If there are two factions, it is possible that one targeted sreservoir and the other (sreservoir's faction) targeted another member who was either saved by a doctor or the alien. This is unlikely, though. If there are three, then one targeted sreservoir, one targeted a member who was saved or the alien, and the other targeted a member who was saved or the alien. Or otherwise cheated death. The more factions, the more unlikely. There was only one victim.

Or it could've been a vigilante. As somebody stated before this vigilante would've been kind of an idiot. Who'd kill on the first night? Still, if this is so, then the vigilante was lucky.

edit:

Guys, I just realized. We have secret roles, true? It might be that even the Mafia doesn't know who each other are.

That's a really interesting possibility, actually!

Yes, I'm if favor of lynching. Tailsy, to be exact. Personally, I think she's been showing...how you say...a little too much knowledge, like at the beginning, where she said "unlucky healers". It may have looked like sarcasm, but I don't think she was kidding. Maybe we can get a mafia off our hands?

Just a hunch.

Damnit, I know it's been said before, but I log in the moment I have some spare time and you guys already have three pages of discussion?

Right, well, uh. There's not much more I can say that hasn't already been said, is there? Personally, I really don't like random lynching - too many chances to kill of a useful innocent - but then again in a game this big there might not be that much harm in it. I don't know.

Multiple factions seems slightly unlikely. If there are two factions, it is possible that one targeted sreservoir and the other (sreservoir's faction) targeted another member who was either saved by a doctor or the alien. This is unlikely, though. If there are three, then one targeted sreservoir, one targeted a member who was saved or the alien, and the other targeted a member who was saved or the alien. Or otherwise cheated death. The more factions, the more unlikely. There was only one victim.

There are more ways for a kill to be stopped. Doctors, roleblocker, bulletproof, alien, kidnapper, there are probably more that I can't think of. Another Mafia faction may not be that unlikely.

...Tailsy? Why would "unlucky healers" even be a point of suspicion? Even if she was mafia, the "unlucky healers" would still be sarcastic. Not voting until concrete evidence comes up.

...I interpreted "unlucky healers" as referring to a potential healer clash. o.O And anyway, it would be the mafia who was unlucky at that point, not the healers--the healers would've done exactly what they were supposed to do.

EDIT: although I guess the healers still would've been lucky because their clash happened to hit mafia, but that probably wasn't their intent!

Yes, Superbird, but we don't actually /have/ real evidence supporting Tailsy yet. Although there is a possibility of Mafia (as there is for everyone), there's no evidence (that I can pick up on, anyways; I'm a newbie, bear with me -.-')

Back
Top Bottom