• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Obsessive Scribblers Awards Night

As Arylett announced the winner, Vukoon nodded to a Machamp standing on a catwalk high above. He was holding a Needler in each top hand and a plasma grenade in each bottom hand. He dropped the grenades and fired at them, creating a pretty pink and light blue explosion. Vukoon quickly threw a Bubble Shield in front of the works, just in time for the shield to block a barrage of pink needles. Vukoon shot the Machamp with his rifle, muttering something about incompetent fools and never finding decent minions any more, and then moved to congradulate Zora.

For a while, Zora was too incapacitated by two things to notice the trophy now in her face. One was the Italian man poking Arylett awake while mumbling about his 'sweet frosty mems'; she couldn't stop giggling at the idea. The other was trying to hide because Georgio really was here.

Alas, after a while she finally did notice, and took the trophy... and the microphone.

"Thank you! Thank you all so much. It feels so great to be ah... accepting this! I'd just like to thank my mom- wait she never did anything for me... I'd like to thank my manager- wait I don't have a manager. I'd like to... thank you all then! Uh... yeah!" she then sprinted offstage and hid behind a potted plant to avoid the man.

Looks like somebody's had a bit too much to driiink~ Aaah. Poor Foamytoise.

Very nice, Cheatmaster... heh... She edged away slightly from the Machamp, looking a bit nervous. Pretty lights, always good for celebratings.

The Italian man kept looking around, now shouting rather loudly about someone named "Great Zoria" in some very awful English. Arylett sighed and shook her head. ...Guess he IS here after all. Uh... very nice speech! Run, Zora, run.

After the congratulations and Zora's acceptance, the host woman adjusted her dress and began to move her mouthflaps yet again.

It's one thing to see the image in your mind that you're about to draw, and a completely other one that it actually looks like what you're drawing. Proper outlines befitting of the anatomy of a subject is indeed one of the keys to being a proficient artist. Now... this person has shown that he can draw those lines wonderfully structured. Now may I announce to you, the winner of the || Best Anatomy || Award...

HALLOWEEN OS BY SAITH!

BestAnatomyAward.png

Good Points: Many points for drawing Vukoon properly. He might've been the hardest OS persona to draw, but you did so greatly! (And off-topic from anatomy: nice touch with the cowboy hat, it's amusing, ahaha.) I like the green one too, well-drawn chest and overall figure. Good job on the pose as well, arms folded. The one in black too in a cape (who I believe is Mini-Moonwalker?) especially. The position of the arms in the cape lift are well-done, not in the slightest awkward. And overall for the entire picture, I think you've done some nice jobs with those legs. Good facial expression with blonde wig person (who I think is Kai?) as well.

Things to Improve: The person in the wig, although highly amusing, has a somewhat awkward physique. In particular, the torso is too thin for the big hulky chest, and the left shoulder bulges out a bit much. Vukoon's pose is also a bit awkward. The left arm is a bit too straight, and the legs bend in a weird way and the angle of the head doesn't seem to match the angle of the entire body. It looks like it should be inclined a bit more downwards rather than to the side.

And here we go! Everyone now give a round of applause to Saith!

Last edited:
Oh my God I've been away for so long I missed the trophies.

Anywho, congrats to Saith and Zora! Whoo hoo! :D I can't wait for the rest of the trophies~

My apologies for taking so long, everyone! Art Month has had me really really distracted... but I'm back! And to make up for lost ground, I'm gonna do two awards in one post.

Arylett stands there awkwardly for a few minutes, as crickets chirp. She shrugs and puts the award away, preparing herself for two long announcements.

Colour is pretty, and brings beauty and vividity to life. To master its usage in art is to attract the eye. Yet one cannot have TOO much colour, or the eye will be blinded. Luckily, though she was the only one nominated, our award winner has managed to find a good balance. Now everyone, a round of applause for the || Most Rainbowgasmic || winner...

FIRST ANNUAL OSCARS BY MINI-MOONWALKER!

MostRainbowgasmicAwardMM.png

Good Points: You really wowed us with this beautiful display! Although it wasn't exactly to the theme... it is certainly worthy of rainbowgasms. Dannichu's hat is so shiny and rainbowy. And the trees sparkle vividly, and in a non-eyehurting way. I also really like the colour of the paint you and I are trying to splurt in a competition. The blending on the rainbowpond Dragonair is in is really quite good. The colours all... go together into each other seemlessly. Then there's the rainbow. Nice touch with all those little sparkly dots, ahaha. And those flowers Blahzy is carrying too.

Things to Improve: Colourwise? I don't see much. Although the paint is awesome, it doesn't really... match with the background. Seems to be done in a different colouring style, and doesn't look so much like paint. It sticks out a bit like a sorethumb. Oh and I think you did Dannichu's hair the wrong colour... it's supposed to be black.

Very nice job, Mini-Moonwalker, very nice!

As she waits for Mini-Moonwalker to come up and accept her award, a man in a bright red outfit with a white sparkly glove comes up and starts waving his hands whilst doing an odd pelvic thrust. She nods at his signal, seeing that the Italian man has finally been ejected from the building, holds Mini-Moonwalker's award whilst she announces the next winner.

Backgrounds sure can be a pain, can't they? I know many times, I'm too lazy to even bother with them. To design a background matching of the foreground, an interesting background that doesn't detract too much from the focal subjects, is quite a task. Many people struggle with ideas for backgrounds. But one alone has managed it, and has proven she is the only nominee worthy for this category. And may I announce to you the winner of the || Best Background || Award...

A VERY OS HALLOWEEN BY ZORA OF TERMINA!

BestBackgroundAward.png

Good Points: It's very detailed, and the perspective is well-done. Also, nice touch with the spider and its face, ahaha. The texture of the grass is superb and realistic, the house's shape is excellent. And so are the placement of the two trees. Not too close, not too far apart. The ghost is cute too, and again, I love all those rainbow wrappings on the trees. And well, I said a lot of some other good points during Best Shading... I'm just out of things to say now! My apologies for this being a bit short, but I think that says it all.

Things to Improve: It's a little crowded. Particularly the section with the cauldron, you, the tree, and the flag. Many objects converging together sort of stresses the eye a bit. They could be slightly more spaced out. And the night sky is a bit... bland. It could use a few stars, a bit more colouring. With all the detail the rest of the background has, the night sky stands out and doesn't really... match the rest of it.

And once again, good job to Zora for winning two awards!

Last edited:
Mini Moonwalker walks up and accepts the trophy with tears of joy in her eyes. Or at least I think it was joy. Random lemon juice had got into her eyes while she was making lemonade, so I don't know. When she grabbed the trophy, due to it's weight, she fell to the floor with the trophy landing on top on her arms.

"DOGGONE-IT-ALL!" she screamed.

The man with the sparkly glove came and picked the trophy up, and then Moonwalker herself. She dusted off her black suit and said "Thank you," to the man.

Wait, that was just MJ.

"Whatever," Moonwalker said. "Thanks so much Arylett! The criticism really helped a lot, and I'll be sure to keep that in mind! Anywho, I have to go shove this trophy into MJ's house and let him take care of it."

Before the popstar could deny, Moonwalker had already got a bodyguard to go to MJ's house, Neverland, and drop it off. She has a smug look on her face.
--
OKAY random RP over. Fwee, thanks for the trophy! IT'S SO COLOURFUL! I loves it. I shall bow down to it forever. <333

"Is he gone...?"

A quick glance toward the ceiling would reveal Zora clinging to the chandelier for dear life. Once she saw that the Italian man was finally ejected from the building, she started swinging on the chandelier, eventually letting go once it was at the peak of its swing, front-flipping and using her vest to glide down onto the stage and accept the award.

"Uh... thank you all very much! I can't believe I've won two awards tonight... thank you!" You could tell by the look on her face she was relieved. More specifically, she was thanking the lord that it was only Georgio that was here.

At least it wasn't N and the Baby Ray...

A young man walks in. He sees the chaos. Also a zombie celebrity. Granted, he's got some weird monsters from some children's video game behind him (one of which is licking the ground happily), but still. He grabs some foodstuffs, mutters somethings, and leaves, as do the monsters. Including Mr. Floor-licker over there.

------------------------
Congrats you guys :D

Aaah, I'm such a bad host. Such. A bad host! My sincerest apologies, you guys. Really, I don't have any excuse... I'll just present the last of the awards right now.

-----

Everyone had fallen asleep waiting for the lazy and horrid host Arylett, who had taken roughly two weeks to announce the next awards. Where did that blasted girl go off to?! Luckily, after their many days of patience, she came running in all a frantic, shouting something about her at least having made it before 2010 ended... until a man announced to her that sadly, it was already 2011. (At least, in her time zone) She jumped in a rather startled fashion and nearly dropped the three trophies she came running in with. Catching her breath in a way suggesting that she had just run a marathon, she ambled up to the podium.

Here I am! Worry not, everyone, worry not... I'll say no more words, just begin what you've doubtless been waiting for for a very long time...

Creativity is such an abstract concept... to grasp it precisely with words and match many differing opinions on what it entails is not easy to do. But people have agreed on this winner's creativity; it is a rather unique arrangement that really showcases her creative skill. Now everyone, put your hands together for the winner of the || Most Creative || award...

OSCARS BASE BY KINOVA!

MostCreativeTrophy.png

Good Points: Holy shacket, where do I start? I mean, you've pretty much managed to put nearly every OSer in there... each is doing their own thing, and you don't seem to have reused any poses. The whole putting everyone inside of a pumpkin thing was also a nice touch. I don't think I would've ever thought of that. I love the arrangement of it in general. It shows a sort of outside of the box thinking. Blahzy peeking out of the eye, Vukoon jumproping on rainbow, you offering me a piece of cake, and Zubat decorations are some of the highlights of it that I personally like. Definitely unique, and definitely very creative. A most excellent job, Kinova.

Things to Improve: I'm not exactly sure how I can tell someone how to make themselves more creative, especially when they've done such an outstanding job as you. So I'll just critique something a bit different instead; the lines which everyone's standing on... the floor/row things... they're a bit unsteady and unevenly drawn. Not really that straight.

Arylett puts the trophy in a corner tiredly, and then as she waits for Kinova, begins to make her announcements for a very familiar winner as she looked up at the ceiling. There were no more signs of that Italian man lurking about...

She really needs no announcement by now. (And also, should really come up off from the roof! Really, he's gone now, I promise!) But her piece has shown that special flair, that special spark of humour. Serious pieces are all nice and well, but if you can amuse your audience, then you'll have them coming back for more. Some might not get small hints of humour, and some might, but ultimately, she was determined to be deserving of this award. And so, the winner of the || Most Entertaining || award is...

A VERY OS HALLOWEEN BY ZORA OF TERMINA!

MostEntertainingTrophy.png

Good Points: I see your rapefaced spider, ahaha. Nice touch. It's just so out of the way and easy to miss that it sort of has this brilliant kind of subtle humour. The way it isn't obvious does make it more amusing. And the whole picture in general is also entertaining. There's a lot going on, such as you in a cauldron, fairy Dwagie, and Dannichu's... expression. It just entertains me how she just looks all: "RAINBOWS YAAAY!"

Things to Improve: Like the Most Creative category... I can't really tell you how to improve on making things entertaining as that is in the eye of the beholder. And I've already criticized your drawing to death since you've won three awards, so I'll just leave this blank.

Good job for winning three awards! Ahaha.

It is taking a while to get Zora up from the roof, so Arylett decides to move on to the next winner. They're going to be coming up for one award anyways... might as well get them both at the same time.

It takes a lot of effort to get every single person of the OS Club in drawings nowadays, doesn't it? You just can't fit them in... sometimes you can't remember the more obscure ones. There's just so many! Without question though, this next winner has shown us that it is indeed possible. She has managed to capture nearly every single individual's persona on a canvas, putting it to the absolute limit of what she could fit. I think you'd all agree, that the winner of || Fantastic Crammer || should be without question...

OSCARS BASE BY KINOVA!

FantasticCrammerTrophy.png

Good Points: Really, you just... your drawing was MADE for this award. As I've said in Most Creative, the way in which you've presented each member is brilliant and unique. You put so much effort into your drawing and it shows, adding details to each persona and character of the OS, enough so to make all of us distinguishable. You even put in the more newer members, ones that a lot of people miss in their group pictures. I cannot praise you enough. At a count of 27 (could be wrong, I could've missed a few people) OSers, you are the Fantastic Crammer.

Things to Improve: The only thing I would say is that the drawing is a bit small and difficult to see, as has already been mentioned. If you have a bigger version available and just didn't want to explode people's internet by the loading of it, then that's all good.

Good job to all of the winners! I apologize for it having taken so long... but the OScars have finally drawn to a close. And it went well this year. For those of you who haven't won any awards, there's always next time! Thank you all for participating! And even if you haven't, thank you for your comments and votes and nominations. Maybe you'll get a chance next time.

Finally, Zora glided down from the roof, swooping over 'Lett's head and grabbing the award, landing behind her, giggling like a fool.

"HAPPY TWO-THOUSAND-ELEVEN, FOLKS! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Now, I'd... liiiike ta... make a speech... And um… I forgot what I was going to say, so let's talk about… abouuut… Nohug! I mean, wh-what isss up wiff dat…? Are you af-afraid you'll get AIDS by… by hugging? Then there's… um… And… and thennnn… there's the nukular… f-fiiiizzzissiiistsss… And you know, they likes blowing stuffs up…! I… I've nevvvver been to Austrailiasian… B-but I've heard of the lummmmberyarrrds there, and that guy Jan Jensen…"

It was clear she'd been in the grape juice.

A few minutes later, she gave a loud, laugh-y gasp, and a goofy grin. "And that issss… the end of my rant! Good night!" And she fell off the stage, asleep.

Back
Top Bottom