• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

The Obsessive Scribblers Awards Night

*Shoots victim-food snatche-volunteers and they explode in pretty pink and blue fireballs. Meanwhile, a bunch of fireworks fly around, exploding at random, but not hitting the paintings because Vukoon had the foresight to activate a deployable cover in front of them*

I nominate Mini Moonwalker's peice for "Most Rainbowgasmic" or whatever that thing is called.

A girl dressed up as Michael Jackson walks into the Nomination Room. She eyes the place, and walks into a booth for nominating. The girl who we'll call Mini Moonwalker stares at the paper before her. It tells her how to nominate pieces and how many you can nominate. The theme is an OS-like Halloween. Mini Moonwalker gets a headache thinking that her piece isn't Halloween-ish at all. She wonders if... there's a penalty for that? Either way, she didn't know. She thought it was a special category, or that it was optional. She grabs a pen and starts to write down her nominations.

Most Entertaining: A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina/Halloween for the OS by Blastoise (OSers as pirates? Heck yes.)/The OS goes Trick-or-Treating by Littlestream

Fantastic Crammer: OScars Base by Kinova

Best Anatomy: Halloween OS by Saith

Most Rainbowgasmic: First Annual OScars by Mini Moonwalker The girl crosses that out because she cannot nominate her own piece. She knows that, and she did that just for fun. Maybe she'll erase the line...It IS an erasble pen after all!

Best Shading: A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina

Most Creative: Linoone Went Trick-Or-Treating by Dragonair/A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina

The girls puts down the pen and turns in the paper. While leaving, she passes by all the food. She smirks and steals some food and runs out, screaming:

"OUTTA MY WAY, GLITCHES!" and takes off. There goes the OScars food...

EDIT: Ninja'd by Cheatmaster

"You can't shoot me! I'm a nominee! HAHA." She dashes off faster than Crazy Linoone with a sugar-rush.

Last edited:
A dragonair with an inexplicable tail-jaw slithers into the voting room. A girl dressed a Michael Jackson had just came by and voted. She looked at who she nominated, and blushed. What was creative about her picture? The dragon type wondered why she was paying so much attention to what she was doing, much less recording it... but it was an event. And the awesome person who had both drew her and nominated her did it... so why not? I'll get to practive my writing, she thought self-consciously.

She read the rules, then awkwardly used her jaw to pick up the pen. At least the cap was left off, or else dragonair would have to figure out how to do that with no limbs.

Best shading: The dragon type considered this, and then decided that Zora's was her favorite for this category.

Fantastic Crammer: She quickly wrote down Kinova. How could anyone else defeat that drawing? It had included everyone.

Best anatomy: Dragonair fidgeted around for a moment. Anatomy? What anatomy? Ha, she had no idea. But, uh... Blastoise's one, maybe?

Most Rainbowgasmic: A quick look revealed the winner to the serpent's eyes. She wrote down Mini Moonwalker is a squiggly scrawl.

Most Creative: The dragonair considered it for a moment or two, then thought about it some more. This one was tricky. Creative in the presentation, idea, or what? Kinova's was definately creative, after all, it had everybody. Mini Moonwalker's was too. She guessed those would be good choices. She wrote them down.

Dragonair awkwardly turned in the paper. Looking around, there were tons of pens. Perhaps a few wouldn't hurt? She dipped her jaw in the pen bowl, grabbed seven pens, and slithered away.

((Cheatmaster! This is officiall-y! Write out your answer! And don't forget to steal something!))

Last edited:
She looked at who she nominated, and blushed. What was creative about her picture?

Mini Moonwalker walks up to Dragonair and pats him/her on the back. She says, "I think your picture is really creative! It's different than the rest, since Linoone was the only one Trick-Or-Treating. I found your picture to be very cool, actually. And the awesome shades on Psymon? The best. You did a good job," Mini Moonwalker finished. She smiles politely at Dragonair, and snapped her fingers. A misty blue ball appeared and transformed into a ghostly Michael Jackson. She hopped onto his back as he gave her a piggyback-ride out of the building, stealing food on the way out.
Oh yeah, there's no underscore in my name anymore. :D Just saying~

Last edited:
"Thanks! I like the rainbows on yours. And the symbol talk, because that's fun to decode. Everyone's expressions were great, especially Dannichu's! Yours is awesome." Dragonair said, smiling. She watched confusedly as Mini Moonwalker piggybacked away, and then apologized and went to edit her post when she realized that she had messed up Mini Moonwalker's name.

The host woman, what's her name... oh yeah! Arylett. She struggled to write down all of these nominations, getting awfully confused and tangled up. But she had eventually managed to get it all down... hopefully. She gazed in the direction of Mini Moonwalker and dragonair as she watched Vukoon shoot all the food stealers. A brief evil smirk crossed her expression, and then she addressed them, going back to her goody goody "I'm incompetent and lazy" smile.

Ah! Things are going quite well. Also, Miss Moonwalka, I noticed that, ahaha. That it wasn't Halloween... but you worked so hard on it (and it shows; really, it looks great.) and I wanted there to be at least as many submissions as there are categories. There weren't really a whole lot of people anyways, so, I shall let that slide too.

And whilst writing it out all officially makes it easier for me, (really, it does) I shall accept anything written out more casually too.

Oh and I think Most Creative's just... creative in idea AND presentation. General creativeness.

'Tis all added to the list though! Also, you'll note that I've put (Nomination Seconded!) That's when a piece gets nominated more than once. I'll put Thirded, Fourthed, Fifthed, etc. if it gets more than two. That doesn't really actually affect anything, but I just wanted to put it to show multiple nominations and the opinions of people. and so that the nominees could get a big ego boost

Oh and Fantastic Crammer goes to Kinova's picture.
"Wort blargh honk honk"
And Vukoon says he doesn't like skipping. He prefers cutting up food shooters.

Okay, people, so... I'd just like to remind anyone else who wants to nominate or has an opinion on the pictures to please do so if they haven't done so yet! Deadline's in five days, there's still time! (Also, we have one person who hasn't been nominated for anything, so... yeah!)

A brown-haired boy squinted at his nomination card. Reading was hard with glasses and an eyepatch. It was also hard to write with a hook for one hand. Keeping his head down to give people their privacy, Blastoise scribbled down his nominations in a quick, almost obsessive way. He also took the liberty of capitalizing a few letters.

Best Shading: Twisting his gold medallion in his hand awkwardly, the boy glanced up at the screen, flipping up his eyepatch while he was at it. He rather liked Mini's entry's shading.

Fantastic Crammer: Blastoise raised a brown eyebrow. Why were they even voting for this category? He scratched down Kinova's name.

Best Anatomy: With some consideration, the pirate scrawled down both 'Kinova' and 'Saith' in the space allotted.

Most Rainbowgasmic: Blastoise pulled a stamp from nowhere and, sipping it in the ink, printed a big 'MINI MOONWALKER' across the page.

Most Creative: Zora.

Blastoise snatched a rather dashing quill and a pot of ink from the table as he left his sheet there.

"Thanks! I like the rainbows on yours. And the symbol talk, because that's fun to decode. Everyone's expressions were great, especially Dannichu's! Yours is awesome." Dragonair said, smiling. She watched confusedly as Mini Moonwalker piggybacked away, and then apologized and went to edit her post when she realized that she had messed up Mini Moonwalker's name.

"Thanks so much! I'm very glad you like it," Mini Moonwalker replied with a big smile on her face. She looked down at her gold-and-black Michael Jackson styled military outfit, thinking this should be her everyday outfit. She told the Dragonair not to apologize about the underscore; it was fine.

(Also, we have one person who hasn't been nominated for anything, so... yeah!)

Wait, who? Everybody on your list has been nominated.

Best Shading: Twisting his gold medallion in his hand awkwardly, the boy glanced up at the screen, flipping up his eyepatch while he was at it. He rather liked Mini's entry's shading.

Mini Moonwalker looked at her picture again wondering how that shading was good compared to everyone else who shaded, especially Zora. But, at least someone liked her shading!

Most Rainbowgasmic: Blastoise pulled a stamp from nowhere and, sipping it in the ink, printed a big 'MINI MOONWALKER' across the page.

Michael Jackson pulled out a white board out of nowhere and grabbed some red paint, wrote down a few words and held it up. It said; MINI MOONWALKER SAYS THANKS in big letters. Mini Moonwalker smiled. :D

The Grand Mistress Arylett of All Things Awesome and OS- oh, who was she kidding? That was an utter lie. More like the Grand Laziness! But yes, the curly haired woman gave Mini Moonwalker, AKA her Moonlett Sista, a thumbs up at her rather awesome outfit as she took Blastoise's nominations into account and put them on the list as well. She then replied to Moonwalka's query.

Ah! Well, I've done a Ctrl-F just to double check... and it's Saith's. Saith's hasn't been nominated for anything.

A girl in some form of wizarding headwear ambles in, wanders over to the voting booth and picks up a pen, humming.

Best shading: Zora. She stares with some fascination at the tree in this picture before moving on.

Fantastic Crammer: Zora and Littlestream.

Best anatomy: Mrrrm... Mini Moonwalker.

Most Rainbowgasmic: Mini Moonwalker (I want a bucket of rainbow!)

Most Creative: Saith - nice costume, and I just noticed I think Spoon flying around in there.

She meanders off across the hall, wondering how many Halloween sweets she can fit in her hat.

By the mems of Georgio! That nullifies my statement. Whoops sorry, I'll correct that! I'll just have a double check then to make sure I haven't screwed up...

It has been processed, Miss Cake, yes. And now added to the list.

Our favorite redhead, giving the skeeziest motherfucking grin on the planet, walks up to cast her ballots, waving at those who loved her piece and using her pool cue as a sort of crutch.

Most Rainbowgasmic: Almost immediately she puts down Mini Moonwalker's name.

Best Anatomy: Down goes Saith's name.

Most Creative: "Hoooooly shit Kinova."

Most Entertaining:"Once again Kinova's oh my god."

Fantastic Crammer: "Yet again. Kinova's pic was that orgasmic."

----------

That done, the redheaded woman immediately gravitates toward the free food, but stops abruptly in her tracks when the host announces something.

By the mems of Georgio!

"...Oh dear gods he's here?" AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa--"

And she runs screaming from the room.

Yeah, I also nominated Saith for Best Anatomy! :3

Most Rainbowgasmic: Mini Moonwalker (I want a bucket of rainbow!)

Mini Moonwalker pulled out a bucket of rainbow paint from Michael Jackson's pocket (he has EVERYTHING in there!) and handed it to Kinova, saying "Here, it's filled with rainbow paint, and although it's clear, it's actually colorful! Here, try this," Mini Moonwalker said as she stole MJ's paintbrush and painted Arylett's face. A streak of color appeared on Arylett's face!

"See?" Mini Moonwalker said as she gave MJ his paintbrush back. She apologized to her Moonlett sista, Arylett Dawnsborough for painting on her face and stole MJ's paintbrush again, painting a butterfly on his face, although he didn't seem too pleased about it. She also said thank you to Arylett for the thumbs up on her new outfit. She saw Zora run past her (ninja'd D:) and shouted "I LOVE YOUR PICTURE" and continued painting the reluctant Popstar's face.

Last edited:
Arylett gasped and quickly wiped her face as she exclaimed at the loud scream that permeated throughout the room. Oh, by the sweet frosty mems of... wait a minute.

Okay, Zorielle, uh, Georgio isn't here! That was just an expression... about his mems. Whatever those are. Come back! Come ba... oh, she's gone.

Then she looked back to her Moonlett Sista, who had apologized and shook her head. MJ was here? Whoa, they had booked expensive entertainment from the dead.

Ah! It should be me who should be apologizing! I missed your nomination! But everyone rest assured, I've... double checked all of the nominations very painstakingly. And you are on the list, Zora, yours are.

Here are my nominations! See, I didn't forget!

Next up to nominate is a cat whose coat colors are impossible due to the way cat's genetics works. She has a little trouble holding the pencil (because of her lack of thumbs), but she finally gets a good grip on it with her mouth, and begins to write, albeit shakily.

Best Shading: She quickly wrote down the name of Zora of Termina.

Best Anatomy: Saith is the name the oddly - colored kitten writes down.

Most Rainbowgasmic: Mini Moonwalker. And because of the category, the cat's pencil decided to write rainbowgasmically. I hope you don't mind.

Best Background: And another vote for Zora of Termina.

Most Creative: Hmm... tough. All of the drawings fit this category, but she decided to scribble down the names of Blastoise and the person I feel sympathy for due to PENS, dragonair. The drawing's better than you think.

Most Entertaining: This one was hard too, but the cat put down the name of one Kinova.

Fantastic Crammer: There was no reason for the cat to have to answer this,(because everyone knew already) but she had to say it anyway. Kinova, Kinova, Kinova!

She then walked over to a corner, embarrassed because of a certain thing about her picture, but it all became to much for her and she yelled out, "The reason there's a fold in the drawing is that I didn't have any paper big enough to draw this on at home so I had to bring a piece from school and then it got crushed in my backpack!" Just wanted to explain that.

Beep beep beep! Goes the Lettotron. Because somehow the host became a robot. Your nominations have been processed and added to our list! Also, your rainbows are awesome. :3

Sorry I'm late! I was uh... NaNoing insanely. But yeah, here we go!

-----

The times have passed and the times, they are a changin- erm... wrong script. But anyway, the host beams down at everyone, having received the last of the nominations from a peculiar-looking cat and taps on her microphone. She sighs in relief as it makes a sound at the appropriate volume and begins to babble on boringly about rules and what not.

Okay! So dudes, looks like we're getting down the wire! Nominations are now closed. So now we're going to go into the Voting Round as planned. To those of you who are the only ones in your categories - voting will be unnecessary and you automatically win your award. HOWEVER. I will not be presenting you with your award until all voting is finished at the OFFICIAL Awards Ceremony. So cool your rampskans, you pankheads. (...I don't know what that even means!) Worry not though, you will be getting your awards first when the time comes!

Miss Dawnsborough presses a button on her microphone and the screen changes to present a list of categories and nominees.

So here are all the categories that must be voted for. To vote, simply give a list of each category available for voting, and then put down the name of your choice for that category as a post in this thread. Same procedure as nominations, really. Oh and as with nominations, participants CAN vote as long as it's not for their own piece.

Then I will tally the votes and announce the results for SHOCK and AWE unless you're the only one in your category in which case, that's obvious. The Voting Deadline is November 28th. Now then...

|| Best Shading ||

AND THE NOMINEES ARE:

A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina (Nomination Fourthed!)
First Annual OScars by Mini Moonwalker

|| Best Anatomy ||

AND THE NOMINEES ARE:

Halloween for the OS by Foamy (Blastoise)
Halloween OS by Saith (Fourthed!)

|| Most Creative ||

AND THE NOMINEES ARE:

A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina (Seconded!)
Linoone Went Trick-or-Treating. by Mai (dragonair) (Seconded!)
OScars Base by Kinova (Seconded!)
Halloween OS by Saith

|| Most Entertaining ||

AND THE NOMINEES ARE:

A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina
The OS goes Trick-or-Treating by Littlestream
OScars Base by Kinova (Seconded!)

|| Fantastic Crammer ||

AND THE NOMINEES ARE:

OScars Base by Kinova (Nomination Sixthed!)
A Very OS Halloween by Zora of Termina
The OS goes Trick-or-Treating by Littlestream

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom