• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Saddest Song You've Ever Heard

Vermillion Pt. 2 by Slipknot. I don't usually listen to Slipknot, but the song always gets me. Also, Krwlng by Linkin Park is a beautiful but sad song.

Huh, I could have sworn I posted this here.

Evanescence's Hello. :/ I'm not a huge fan of them, but this song is just the saddest song I have ever heard. Especially since it's about the singer's baby sister, who died. ;_;

Lol, of all of these "sad songs" threads, the original is the one that was revived. Oh, well, may as well post one I've never posted before.

Turn of the Century - Yes

This song is so bittersweet. It never fails to make me tear up, and it's probably my favorite love song ever.

Has nobody mentioned Concrete Angel by Martina McBride? Nobody?
Fucking saddest song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmy1V1YGQe4
I tend not to watch the video at all ever because it makes me terribly sad for hours upon hours afterward. But there it is for those who haven't seen it.
I mean srsly, every time I think about that song, or at least every time I remember how it ends, my depression switch is flipped on.
And I haven't gotten through the video once without at least mildly tearing up.

ALSO that commercial animal planet aired for a while about that animal rescue place where the commercial showed a bunch of fuckin' sad animals with In The Arms of an Angel by Sarah Mclachlan playing in the background. I can't find the commercial but anyone who's seen it will immediately know what I'm talking about.

Stfu, animal planet, you know very well I don't have the money to adopt every single sad animal ever. Stop making me think I want to. >:((

Last edited:
2. Don't Laugh At Me by Mark Willis

This song is about people who suffer and basically is about them asking to be treated with respect.
Really, I've never thought of this as a sad song. Heard it some small number of times, but... maybe I'm listening to it the wrong way.

Now, Dust in the Wind, by Kansas, that's a song that can get me to feeling sad. It's a beautiful song, a great song, but dang, it can be depressing.
Eleanor Rigby, by the Beatles, is another beautiful song (also featuring orchestral strings) that can be rather depressing, but it's not quite as upsetting as Dust in the Wind, I think.

Back
Top Bottom