• Welcome to The Cave of Dragonflies forums, where the smallest bugs live alongside the strongest dragons.

Guests are not able to post messages or even read certain areas of the forums. Now, that's boring, don't you think? Registration, on the other hand, is simple, completely free of charge, and does not require you to give out any personal information at all. As soon as you register, you can take part in some of the happy fun things at the forums such as posting messages, voting in polls, sending private messages to people and being told that this is where we drink tea and eat cod.

Of course I'm not forcing you to do anything if you don't want to, but seriously, what have you got to lose? Five seconds of your life?

Funny Player Names/Rival Names

I restarted Diamond yesterday, and I was bored, so I decided to name all of my people and Pokemon after Maximum Ride characters (a book). So I'm Max (a girl), my rival's Fang, and my Piplup is Iggy. ^^

@Blazie: I FREAKING LOVE MAXIMUM RIDE. Fang is awesome. Max pwns.

In Plat I think I'll name my rival.... I don't know. I'll think of something more creative than "Jon" by then.

The first time I played Silver, I named my rival "???". He did say it was his name...XD

Then a couple of years later in Crystal, I named my rival "Thief" ...because he was. In the current playthrough, my character is just the ever-generic Crystal, but I forget rival-kun's name.

In Pearl, my rival's called Dray. Not sure why--I think when I first saw him I thought "Chibi Draco kawaii!" or something like that >_>

I obviously don't have much of an imagination when it comes to humorous names...

I always named my character either Morgan or Meowth(my favorite pokemon). I don't really remember my rivals eccept that I too named my Chrystal rival '??'. As for Diamond, my rival was named Taz because he looks like this person I know named Taz.

I also remember that in LG I had a persian name Dominoe after that TR person in one of the movies...

In Gold, my name was Gold(lol) and my rival's name was Poopy(because I was like 11 years old)

In Diamond, his name s Nathan because that's my best friend's name.

In FireRed, I named him Douchebag.

In Platinum, I named myself "Bulimia" (playing as a girl this time, but really it'd work for either of them... everyone in these games is so freakin' skinny!) and named hyperactive-rival-dude "TIMMY!".

In Platinum I named myself Drowzee (Gets confusing when talking about the Pokemon drowzee) and my rival Shafer.

In D/P I heard the male protagonist's standard name was Lucas so I named my Rival Claus. Too much Mother 3 on the mind... Also named myself Claus and my partner Lucas in a playthrough of PMD2.

Ah, sweet memories.
I got bored of Pokémon Yellow when I was about 7. I decided to go through the game, calling myself Ash and my Rival as many letters as possible, starting on AAAAAAA, BBBBBB etc. I got to HHHHHHHH. I had one of the best games I'd ever played.

Oh and on my second playthrough of Gold (around the same time as HHHHHHH) I called myself Jumpy. And it is still the best playthrough I've ever had of Gold. Then again, my Gold has died.

On my LeafGreen game, I called myself Leaf, and on Sapphire I called myself Sapphie. Dunno why.

I tried to name my rival ASSHOLE in yellow, because he acted like such a jerk, but i had to shorten it to A-HOLE.

I named myself after my witch name, Lucian, and my rival Salam, after a guy I happen to have a crush on. D: But I *did* name my starter, a cyndaquill, after my boyfriend, so it's fine, right?

...I have problems ._.

Hmm...I feel like I'm the only one who names their characters by actual names. I ought to make a funny name up and try it out sometime.

Though on my Red version my name is "NekoPKMN(female sign)". Weird, screwed up name, I know. Also, on Pokemon TCG, I named myself "Luciem". No joke.

Usually though, I just name myself Danni. I'm pretty kind to my rival's names though. Like in Pearl I just named him "Ryan" 'cause he looked like a Ryan. Maybe I should be a little meaner...>:3

I always name my rival, "Moron". It's especially funny in FR&LG because Professor Oak is asking you if he is correct by saying that his grandson's name is Moron.

Bob. Everytime. But whenever I read it out to myself I have to say it the same way Rowan Atkinson does.

For some reason, I remember that when I named my rival in Silver "???" the first few times I played it, his name was revealed later to be "GOLD" or something. So that's what I did this time. But I don't think it's changing. xD;

I tend to name my players "Shadow". But even though I'm a girl, I usually play as a male character. I guess I feel that "Shadow" fits the boy sprite more than the girl sprite. xD When I play as the girl, I usually give her my own name.

Back
Top Bottom